PS4-The Order

Borderlands 2 Coming to PS Vita

Adam Fletcher's Avatar + Posted by Adam Fletcher on Aug 20, 2013 // Product Manager, Gearbox Software

Hello travelers! The dream finally becomes a reality, as PlayStation, Gearbox Software and 2K announces today at Gamescom that the addictive first person shooter-looter mayhem of Borderlands 2 will be coming to PS Vita.

Borderlands 2 for PS Vita

I watched as Randy Pitchford, president of Gearbox Software, stood on stage at the Rezzed show in the UK a year ago and told fans that, with PlayStation’s support, he’d love to see Borderlands 2 on PS Vita. For the last year, Gearbox Software, 2K, and PlayStation have been inundated with emails, tweets, forum posts and more from passionate gamers across the world pleading for a PS Vita version of Borderlands 2. You spoke, we listened, and with the wonderful collaboration between 2K, PlayStation and the team at Iron Galaxy Studios – makers of indie fighting game Divekick – we can finally make Borderlands 2 on PS Vita a reality!

For those of you new to the critically acclaimed shooting-and-looting mayhem of Borderlands 2, which won more than 55 editorial awards in 2012, you’ll be picking from four uniquely-skilled Vault Hunters – Axton the Commando, Maya the Siren, Salvador the Gunzerker and Zer0 the Assassin – and then gunzerking your way through the world of Pandora in an attempt to defeat the corrupt Hyperion Corporation, led by the notorious Handsome Jack. Throughout these adventures, you will encounter a variety of distinctive, colorful characters including the explosive Tiny Tina, the (ex-)wife-of-many Mad Moxxi, and the friendly and energetic robotic companion CL4P-TP – you can call him Claptrap for short. That’s what his friends call him – or would, if he had any friends in the first place.

PS Vita gives Borderlands 2 fans the ability to play the game anywhere they want, complete with of all the unique benefits of the Vita system, and will truly bring the four-player cooperative experience to the palms of your hands. A new era of portable shoot-and-loot awaits! On behalf of Gearbox, 2K, and Sony, we want to thank the passionate fans for helping make Borderlands 2 on the PS Vita a reality, and we look forward to looting bazillions of guns with you guys on the go.

Borderlands 2 will be shipping on PS Vita in 2014 and will be published by Sony Computer Entertainment. Stay tuned for more information.

All the news from PlayStation’s Gamescom 2013 Press Conference

Football Manager Classic Lines up PS Vita Debut

Introducing RESOGUN, the New PS4 Exclusive from the Super Stardust Team

Your First Look at PS4 Adventure Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture

Helldivers Coming to PS4, PS3, PS Vita in 2014

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Welmosca on August 21st, 2013 at 10:02 am said:

OMG that was something unexpected….I still dont have Borderlands 2 but I know its a good game….it will be nice to have it on Vita…way to go guys.Now I’ll have to buy the 2 versions.

+ Zoki-chan on August 21st, 2013 at 12:04 pm said:

well i have a small delima, i bought all the dlc for the game, but its the xbox version. and from the description above it sounds like dlc isn’t included. will there be anyway that my season pass and krieg dlc be voucher-ed in? i love this game. the entire series would be great on vita. i hope the 3rd game gets released for psv same time as the console one. would have bought vita version over any other one for sure. would have bought my friend one too. and a vita lol.

thank you sony, and thank you gearbox, great partnership right there :)

+ Mando44646 on August 21st, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

please tell me this is a GOTY edition that comes with all the DLC already out…

+ EmperorKorea on August 21st, 2013 at 5:09 pm said:

wtf it’s the vanilla version with no dlc? this better be $20.

+ Machepikachu on August 21st, 2013 at 5:56 pm said:

OMG OMG OMG THERE IS A GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this was soooooooooooo in my wish list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Maverick81PL on August 22nd, 2013 at 4:44 am said:

NIce! Nice! NIce!
Borderlands 2 on PS Vita :-) :-) :-)
I hope Vita version will be with all DLC or (future DLC from PSS) ;-)

+ o0oSnYpAp0o on August 22nd, 2013 at 5:34 am said:

This is the news I’ve been waiting for since the game released for the PS3…….. I….uh…… need a new pair of pants…. :( :D

+ JcAlfon on August 22nd, 2013 at 5:45 am said:

Ohh yeah i’m so gonna buy this one.

+ Swagganator1 on August 22nd, 2013 at 7:07 am said:

My biggest concern is that the port will be done poorly. I’m not even sure that the Vita can handle everything that the game is laying down and it looks like the portwork will be done by the guys who made a game about diving and kicking. The last thing we need is another Jak and Daxter fiasco (still waiting on that patch!). Please guys: TRY YOUR HARDEST on this one. Make me a proud Vita owner! Well, prouder than I already am…

+ marc2henri on August 22nd, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

one of those people that never excited for ports. glad its on vita. but i will not pay 30-40 bucks for it. ill pass.

+ Nmeisne1 on August 22nd, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

I wasn’t too big on playing Borderlands on console, but I’d be all over this on a mobile gaming system like the Vita. Will definitely pick this up day one.

+ YoungChieftain on August 22nd, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

WOW !!! Never got to play this one cause I only own a vita, super excited !!!

+ Lapwner on August 22nd, 2013 at 9:12 am said:

Sounds great. But a word of advice; put a LOT of time and effort into this port. I’ve seen some other ports on Vita ruined by control/performance issues, and I hope that this great game will run perfect on Vita if done right. So delay it all you want, just give me a flawless Vita ported game by the end :)

+ ElitePWNSFace on August 22nd, 2013 at 9:15 am said:

Its going to be pretty sweet. But having payed $90 for the game on steam with the season pass day one its going to be a rough decision to buy it again.

+ KillerGator on August 22nd, 2013 at 10:13 am said:

I am so excited! Borderlands 2 is one of my favorite games of all time and playing it on the go would be absolutely amazing. It looks like it is going to be a great year for Vita owners.

+ whataloadofcak on August 22nd, 2013 at 10:20 am said:

YES SONY! keep them coming, titles like minecraft and terraria need to be on this system, they’re like the perfect games for the vita’s features! I can see the vita having a bright future!

+ RabidBeaver770 on August 22nd, 2013 at 10:42 am said:

I am so excited for this! (: I love my Vita and with this I will love it even better! Now for Bioshock Vita lol

+ CULO-007 on August 22nd, 2013 at 7:20 pm said:

yes! you don’t know how much I love this game! (^_^) to bad I have to wait a year!! (-_-) so good and bad, but I’m still getting it lol

+ PhoenixDowny on August 22nd, 2013 at 7:25 pm said:

This is the BEST news out of Gamescom 2013. Personally, I was disappointed because there was no cool PS Vita MediEvil reboot, no new God of War Vita and no Diablo III PS Vita announcement.

Still, although the show focused on mostly Indie titles (which were actually good i.e. Rogue Legacy, Fez) I was blown out of the water with the announcement of Borderlands 2 for Vita and Helldivers! I’m really excited! The memory card price drop is also a blessing!

+ D-Squad3 on August 22nd, 2013 at 9:00 pm said:

Cross buy? Cross play? Cross save?

+ guiltyalchemy on August 24th, 2013 at 1:51 pm said:

it would be really awesome if there is an option to download my ps3 save data onto my ps vita and vice versa, that would help me a lot and be awesome

+ ChaoticAssault31 on August 25th, 2013 at 11:29 am said:

I am so happy to see this. :) I am glad that an actual main game (not a spin off) is coming to the Vita. :) I hope to see more of things like this for Vita. :) Thank you Gearbox, 2K, and Sony Computer Entertainment (for publishing the game and making it happen) and thank you Iron Galaxy Studios for making the Vita version. :)

+ BANDICOOTKING on August 25th, 2013 at 10:07 pm said:

This and the Mincraft announcement have made me truly believe in VITA again. I was ready to give up on the little guy, but now the skies have cleared!

+ trexpert on August 26th, 2013 at 11:53 am said:

I hope there is some kind of discounted version for us Season Pass holders of the PS3 version. I love the game, and having it portable so I can try and fininsh the DLC would be lovely, but I dunno about ‘rebuy it all over again’ lovely.

+ KoolAidManOHHHYA on August 26th, 2013 at 7:11 pm said:

I hope they bring the game of the year edition to the vita. Either way I will pick up a copy of BL2

+ djsaiyan on August 28th, 2013 at 11:05 pm said:

Crumpets are cruuuuuuuuuuuunk

+ or4ng3sl1c3 on September 8th, 2013 at 3:33 pm said:

Will the DLC from the ps3 version be cross-buy enabled then? or will DLC have to be bought all over again? That’d be frustrating…

+ KALYRULES on September 9th, 2013 at 8:34 am said:

this game is soo good i wouldn’t mind buying the vita version as well, i just would really wish that my character’s info be transferable to the vita… are there any news about this?

+ EXQUISITEEMPRESS on September 14th, 2013 at 9:23 am said:

That’s awesome news Gearbox. But what I don’t understand is if you’re bringing the sequel to Vita. Why not bring the original as well. No one likes sequels on different platforms.

PAGE 1 2 3