Driveclub

Hotline Miami 2 Coming to PS4, PS Vita

Fork Parker's Avatar + Posted by Fork Parker on Aug 21, 2013 // Chief Financial Officer, Devolver Digital

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number is headed to PS4 and PS Vita, but hopefully you’ve gathered that from the headline already.

Almost as fast as Dennaton Games and Devolver Digital could announce Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number, we started getting questions on whether it would be coming to PlayStation platforms. And again, if it hasn’t sunk in yet, the answer is “yes.” Please pay attention. So let’s move on a bit and talk more about why we’re bringing the neon brutality and blazing beats of the next Hotline Miami to PlayStation.

The original Hotline Miami launched on PS3 and Vita earlier this summer, and the PlayStation community has been incredibly supportive of the game that Dennaton Games originally created and Abstraction Games rebuilt for the platform.

Heck, “supportive” doesn’t do it justice — the fans have gone crazy about Hotline Miami, and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. Even when there was a little hiccup and some Trophies weren’t unlocking properly, the community was understanding and helped us figure out what some of the issues were and made the patch process move faster than we could have done on our own. And when that patch hit, Twitter exploded with the cheers of Hotline Miami fans posting screenshots of their freshly-popped platinum Trophy.

That feeling was incredible, and we want it again.

Hotline Miami on PS3 and PS Vita

While there is no set release date for Hotline Miami 2, the target for launch on all platforms is the first half of next year. In the meantime, Dennaton Games will be thinking on how best to take advantage of some of the wonderful features of the upcoming PS4, and also make better use of the PlayStation Vita, all while seeing how both can be used together for a better experience.

Between all the social functions and the more tactile control options, there are some really amazing opportunities for Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number and we’re all thrilled to be a part it.

Now, if you haven’t played the original, go download Hotline Miami on PlayStation Network and see what all the fuss is about.

23 Comments

+ martinirage1 on August 21st, 2013 at 8:34 am said:

Hotline Miami 2! Thanks for bringing it to the vita!

+ Zezzler on August 21st, 2013 at 8:35 am said:

Just like the first Hotline Miami, this will be a day one purchase! Thanks for bringing your games to the PlayStation Nation!

+ GStylez1980 on August 21st, 2013 at 8:36 am said:

Hotline Miami is just one of many (many, many) games that I am waiting to download to my Vita once I can clear the extensive backlog of Vita games I’m currently working on. Looking forward to trying out HM2 when it arrives next year!

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on August 21st, 2013 at 8:41 am said:

Any chance we’ll see a bundle of both games when HM2 comes out? Like #3, I just haven’t had the time to get to the first game yet, but I can’t wait to play it. I’d definitely both at once if that deal was offered.

+ shrimpdude on August 21st, 2013 at 8:42 am said:

LOVED HM1 on my Vita. Cannot WAIT for HM2 on my Vita!

+ IzoGray on August 21st, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

Huge fan of Hotline Miami. Please respond to this question.

I am one of the many people who couldn’t get the platinum because of the two trophies requiring you to kill 99 dogs and break 200 windows. Did the patch reset the counter on both? Did I go back to 0 dog deaths and 0 broken windows when I installed the patch? Please I need to know. It feels like I’ve broken way more than 200 windows and massacred way more than 99 dogs.

+ Mobius2525 on August 21st, 2013 at 8:50 am said:

Yes another great release for the vita.

+ Anddo on August 21st, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

Glad it’s coming. I’ll be there day one to show my support. I can’t get enough of the original. The soundtrack is just electric and get’s my blood pumping every time I boot it up.

+ Hitokiri_03 on August 21st, 2013 at 8:52 am said:

Day 1 on PS4.

+ akisuo on August 21st, 2013 at 9:01 am said:

This just makes me want to go home and play some more Hotline Miami. I will be buying this for sure for my Vita and my PS4!!

+ martinirage1 on August 21st, 2013 at 9:02 am said:

@6 I read on Devolver Digital’s twitter that the count does reset back to 0. Just keep at it I remember that it took a little longer than I expected when I got those trophies. I got the platinum so it’s definitely possible

+ Elvick_ on August 21st, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

Definitely looking forward to this. Love the first, it lived up to the hype for me. Can’t wait to play 2 on my Vita!

+ PainOfSarrow on August 21st, 2013 at 9:39 am said:

really ps4 ? why the hellll not for ps3 users aswell ?

+ anti-altair16 on August 21st, 2013 at 10:22 am said:

I happily yelled when Shahid said Hotline Miami because I knew that meant this was coming to PS again. I bought this game twice (first on PC, then PSN) because I love it that much and I can’t wait to play this on my Vita, which is the perfect place to play it by the way. I’m so pumped for this!

+ Jaded_Dragon on August 21st, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

I own the first on both PC and the Playstation platforms. The Vita version is easily my favourite. Game works so well there.

+ zeothedeathgod on August 21st, 2013 at 12:06 pm said:

this, rogue legacy, and a few others are all i have been asking for. sony delivered nearly every indie game i asked for yesterday.

+ GeoDarky on August 21st, 2013 at 1:35 pm said:

Hotline Miami enough said!

+ jcgoodekillz on August 21st, 2013 at 1:36 pm said:

i will be getting a vita this month at a pwn shop i got one of the best deals for one 175 $

+ tusunami on August 21st, 2013 at 4:48 pm said:

I haven’t even played the 1st one yet, gotta check this out soon!!!!!!!!!!!

+ iREVOLTER on August 22nd, 2013 at 4:07 am said:

Suddenly Sony already forgot about PS3 on this one too x(.

+ avluis on August 22nd, 2013 at 10:12 am said:

I’m pretty sure they will consider releasing on the PS3 as well.
There is an established market there that won’t be disappearing anytime soon.
So while I will end up buying the game on Steam just like the 1st one, I will also buy it on PSN as well.
This game is just that good.

+ blakku_kitto on August 22nd, 2013 at 10:33 pm said:

seriously, why no ps3 love, guys? game’s exactly the same as first, from the looks of it. it’s just… strange.

+ bezeoner on September 11th, 2013 at 10:15 am said: