Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Aug 21

Aug 21

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Gamescom Trailer

Lee Williams's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, Square-Enix

It’s the Gamescom trailer for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, plus a whole slew of new screens!

The Savior’s Choice trailer takes you into The Wildlands; a rough expanse of wilderness that will reunite Lightning with Chocobos, Moogles (Kupo!), and an old friend: Sazh. You’ll also get a glimpse of Lightning’s unique battle abilities, including her super attack: Army of One.

If that wasn’t enough, we also have a ton of gorgeous screenshots that showcase the characters and environments found in The Wildlands.

When you preorder Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, you’ll receive the exclusive Cloud Strife Solider 1st Class DLC straight from Final Fantasy VII for FREE! This epic throwback pack includes the iconic Soldier 1st Class Uniform, Cloud’s Buster Sword, Soldier Band, Finishing Animation, and — to top off the entire package — you’ll also receive the timeline Victory Fanfare.

Lightning Returns, Gamescom, 03Lightning Returns, Gamescom, 05

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII will be available on PS3 and PSN download on Feb 11th, 2014.

Add Your Own

Dobiedobie said:

August 21st, 12:23 am

Aside from Nobuhiro Goto and Motomu Toriyama’s need to make Lightning’s cup size bigger, amazing trailer!! I look forward to playing Lightning with a different style of gameplay!

Hikyotan said:

August 21st, 12:31 am

Good Trailer! But still waiting on release date for Final Fantasy X/X-2.

EpicGameDetroit said:

August 21st, 12:48 am

Cool. But Kind of A Weird Time To Post Someting Don’t Ya Think??

Monterossa said:

August 21st, 1:04 am

But I want Serah Returns, please make XIII-4.

Kchow23 said:

August 21st, 1:05 am

Type 0 for PS Vita would be awesome :)

Sharingan_itachi said:

August 21st, 1:21 am

How about a physical release for FFX .

Looking forward to this also.

Sharingan_itachi said:

August 21st, 1:22 am

*of Vita*

rodrigo1UP said:

August 21st, 2:54 am

For Christ sake, what Sazh (the-most-annoying-character) is doing in xiii-3? I thought we were free of him =( and btw, why does he son haven’t grown old O.o

IrishDude2 said:

August 21st, 3:15 am

Nice trailer. Although I admit I don’t like Sazh either. Suppose he’s better than Hope anyway as Hope was the most annoying for me.

akisuo said:

August 21st, 3:55 am

Really like the last few seconds of the trailer with the chocobo. =)

Apex_Soldier25 said:

August 21st, 3:55 am

Will their be a PS4 edition?

Talesgirl016 said:

August 21st, 4:13 am

Yes, can we expect PS4 edition?

Mateo_AerSlash said:

August 21st, 4:20 am

@EpicGamerDetroit Its from Gamescom in Germany. Weird time for us, breaking news for them.

IzoGray said:

August 21st, 4:59 am

This game is a joke. They even decided it was an official joke and came out with huge boobs to put on your character. Wow. What a strong female we have here. She wasn’t strong enough before so let’s raise her boob size a couple of cups.

IzoGray said:

August 21st, 5:00 am

This game is a joke. They even decided it was an official joke and came out with huge b. oobs to put on your character. Wow. What a strong female we have here. She wasn’t strong enough before so let’s raise her b.oob size a couple of cups.

They want to moderate my comment because of b.oobs but have no problem throwing features like this in their game

Ghostwize said:

August 21st, 5:25 am

Sooo….serious question. Did Sazh drop an F bomb on that chocobo at the end because it totally sounds like he called him a F**kball.

KazeEternal said:

August 21st, 5:48 am

Things I care about that are Square right now:
1) Final Fantasy X HD
2) Final Fantasy XV
3) Final Fantasy Type-0
4) Final Fantasy XIV
5) The Legacy of Kain game that got cancelled
6) Deus Ex Directors Cut
7) Tomb Raider 2

I’m sure there are other things that square is doing that I’d like….. Stamping out FFXIII sequels with characters no one liked is not one of them. What happened to Serah? Why aren’t we playing as Noel? Did anyone even like Lightning?

PAFenix said:

August 21st, 6:34 am

@15 Glad I wasn’t the only one who heard that! :D

Love to hear some news on Type-0!

JNM-CIM said:

August 21st, 6:46 am

@15 He said “Blasted fluffball”.

djsaiyan said:

August 21st, 8:11 am

KUPO!

Souledge94 said:

August 21st, 8:23 am

@14
You cant even notice the boob thing in teh gameplay. Seems you gatta look hard to see it

@16
Not everyone disliked the characters 13 brought into the series. I actually like lighting alot

Anywho random time for a trailer but I cant wait for the game.

KazeEternal said:

August 21st, 10:29 am

@21

Not really a whole lot to like about lightning, the character is stiff and hasn’t really evolved. I don’t know how much of it is bad direction, bad writing, or bad acting, but everything about the cast of FFXIII right down to their dialog either bores or annoys me.

So I’m honestly baffled about what it is you like about lightning…. To me that’s like saying you really enjoy a brick wall. Ya it serves a function, but only one that supports the environment you’re in. Snow pretty much has 2 settings, super enthusiastic and moronically pissed off.

This cast was so bad that I wondered if the characters were always this bad in FF and this was just something I was noticing now or what. I can say for certain, FFXIII’s world has no soul and neither does its characters.

As far as not everyone is concerned, I’m pretty sure that is an extreme minority.

Apeman24 said:

August 21st, 5:26 pm

Thanks for the new trailer. I already have the game preordered, can’t wait.

Souledge94 said:

August 21st, 6:58 pm

@22
It seems your just baseing the minorty comment off your hatred of said game.

ToFeY said:

August 21st, 8:04 pm

give us FFX/X-2 release date!! no one cares about lightning returns

KazeEternal said:

August 21st, 8:56 pm

@24
Nope, pretty damn sure I can throw a rock into a crowd and hit someone who hates FFXIII and it would take a god damned Ouji Board and a Magically blessed compass that leads to what I’d like to find, just to pull the needle out of a hay stack that is the FFXIII fan.

As far as hate goes… I do not hate the game, I just hate most of the game. The battle system was enjoyable and pulse was one of my favorite aspects of playing. Which honestly is a shame as the story, characters, music, and exploration are the things I loved about the previous games. I do mean all of them. FFXIII-2 I enjoyed more than FFXIII, but the lingering threads to the previous game and that crap ending ruined it for me. See Lightning Returns is just a swift kick where it hurts most.

I don’t hate it, just dislike it a lot. Continuing it on for 2 sequels in the manner that they chose was a waste.

Mystic_Virtue44 said:

August 22nd, 5:11 pm

3 questions: 1. Is there going to be a PS4 edition? 2. When is Final Fantasy X / X-2 coming out? 3. What can we expect from the newest title Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn?

PrinceofXIII said:

August 23rd, 12:47 am

awesome stuff!

intheface88 said:

August 24th, 6:09 am

This is by far the best trailer for the game. The one they released at…I think E3…turned me off some, and this coming from a HUGE FF fan and a defender of the XIII series. This actually looks like it might be another good game in the series and not just an add-on. Either way..I’ll be picking it up.