Horizon Zero Dawn

Aug 21

Aug 21

Using the DualShock 4 in Infamous Second Son

Nate Fox's Avatar Posted by Game Director, Sucker Punch Productions

Hello again from Germany! We just kicked off our Second Son behind closed door presentations for our media friends here at gamescom, and we wanted to give you all a glimpse at what we’re talking about behind the scenes. We’re using the new DualShock 4 controller for PS4 in some really cool ways to bring players even deeper into Second Son with new gameplay controls and mechanics, making them feel like they’re superhuman themselves.

Infamous Second Son, Gamescom, 05Infamous Second Son, Gamescom, 02

Well, we were going to write a few paragraphs outlining why you’ll enjoy playing Second Son with the DualShock 4; however, Ted Fishman summed it up best in this video by stating, “I hold this controller all day, and honestly I can’t wait till this comes out, because I want one of these controllers at home.”

We’ll have more news on Second Son throughout the summer, so stay tuned to the PlayStation.Blog for the latest. Of course, let us know what you think on Twitter and on our official Facebook page.

Infamous Second Son, Gamescom, 01

Enjoy!

Add Your Own

almex2 said:

August 21st, 5:04 am

Huge fan of yours, Nate Fox, and the inFamous series are my all time favourite games but I think you mean write, not right in the second paragraph there. ;)

almex2 said:

August 21st, 5:05 am

God damn does this game look good though.

DaNTi3L said:

August 21st, 5:14 am

Amazing looking game you guys are really doing a great job with this title . My only complain about this game is that it is not a launch title and we all have to wait a bit longer for it :( but i am sure and confident that you guys will deliver

madgamer678 said:

August 21st, 5:17 am

i love infamous but i really want to know what’s going on with sly cooper.i’m a big fan and wonder if it comes to ps4

cubbielovr said:

August 21st, 5:38 am

I think the most exciting thing for the PS4 for me is the new controller. I can’t wait to feel it and see what improvements Sony’s made. I know Infamous is the game I’m most excited for, but I’m glad it’s coming a few months after the PS4 launch because that will give me time to play through Watch Dogs and Killzone/Knack (not sure which one I’m going to picking up yet).

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

August 21st, 5:40 am

GAME LOOKS AMAZING..BUT SAINTS ROW HAS TAKEN THIS IDEA OF SUPER POWERS AND MIXED IT WITH GTA ..AND THEY HAVE DONE AN AMAZING JOB..LOL DONT GET ME WRONG THIS GAME IS GREAT BUT ITS NOT REALLY WORTH BUYING THE PS4 ..LOOKING FORWARD TO PLAYING IT AS SOON AS I GET ONE THOUGH..LOL

Spine999 said:

August 21st, 5:50 am

I can’t wait to play it !!!! I love sucker punch, you guys are awesome!!

IIL0YDII said:

August 21st, 5:59 am

Whoever adding youtube code into the blog, use one that has volume control, its annoying its either mute or full volume, its not hard.

FreshLikeWill said:

August 21st, 8:08 am

Sony. It would be cool if you guys came out with a DualShock 4 in the original PlayStation grey.

djsaiyan said:

August 21st, 8:17 am

@6

Button under tab. Make friends with it.

JaguarCRO said:

August 21st, 9:41 am

This game keeps looking better. I am really hoping for a chance to play it at PAX Prime.

FireCage said:

August 21st, 10:55 am

I like the new controller more than the current one =)

lisatsunami said:

August 21st, 1:32 pm

I love the Infamous world so will pre-order this for sure. HOWEVER, please please put out a CE in America. This game is worth it. How about a Cole and Delsin? figure, the bonus CD, an artbook, bonus skins like Cole had, avatars, yada yada?

JROD0823 said:

August 21st, 2:18 pm

I can hardly wait for my next visit to the world of inFAMOUS. You guys at Sucker Punch are great at what you do, and I hope you never lose that magic.

Will we be seeing a solid release date announcement by the time the PS4 launches?

unholyrevenger72 said:

August 21st, 2:57 pm

Please tell me L1/R1 will at least be an option for aiming and shooting. Much prefer their responsiveness to “triggers” of any make or type.

T3DV0L70L1N4 said:

August 21st, 3:03 pm

I really wish Infamous was a PS4 day-one launch title. The current launch lineup isn’t really doing it for me, honestly. I’m still getting one at launch, don’t get me wrong. I just won’t have any games for it besides Watch Dogs and a few cool indie PSN titles.

oo7PorscheMGS said:

August 21st, 8:50 pm

This game is hot. This game is really really hot! :P Love the special effects / moves, definitely the first PS4 system seller in my opinion, as long as the story holds up + is long enough.

Curious… multiplayer or no? The InFamous world would be interesting for a 1vs1 open world deathmatch….or even 2v2…..please think about it……maybe for a sequel / DLC if not yet :)

Connor2122 said:

August 21st, 10:56 pm

JROD it’s releasing February 2014 can’t wait your amazing sucker punch :)

plaztiksyke said:

August 22nd, 12:00 pm

The built-in speaker looks really cool. It’s a pretty big space, so I wonder if there’s two speakers in there that provides some directionality? or is it just a larger space to provide better volume/fidelity? (The Vita’s tiny speakers and their placement are probably one of the most disappointing aspects, after the cameras.)

freshahhniqqa said:

September 4th, 4:40 pm

One of my favorite games I can’t till it comes out. The other is Watch dogs. If they came in a bundle I would not know what to do?