PS4 - Destiny

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Early Access Starts This Weekend

Matt Hilton's Avatar + Posted by Matt Hilton on Aug 23, 2013 // Senior Online Community Manager, Square Enix

FFXIV_ARR_bonusLG

Yep, that’s right, it’s finally here. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn has been rebuilt from the ground up, and adventurers the world over will be able to begin their journey throughout Eorzea tomorrow with the start of Early Access, ahead of Tuesday’s official launch.

It’s a massively exciting time for the whole team, and we’d like to thank everybody that’s been involved in the beta phases until now. We really appreciate the enormous feedback and support sent along the way.

And for those of you who haven’t yet pre-ordered, it’s not too late. Order now (or any time before August 27th) and you’ll still be able to get in Early Access — a headstart on your new adventure into Eorzea.

Plus, you’ll get your hands on some exclusive in-game items:

• Cait Sith Doll Minion: On sabbatical from Shinra Inc., Cait Sith will join your party as a non-combat pet.
  • Mog Cap: Show your love of Final Fantasy and strut around the world of Eorzea in this Moogle themed hat. Kupo!

We’d also like to share some of the amazing artwork prepared by the team for the new class, Arcanist, and the two new jobs, Summoner and Scholar!

E3 2013_0613_FFXIVARR_PUB_05

Click above to view more art from A Realm Reborn.

Join us, and adventurers around the world, in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn!

85 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ mixedkidbx on August 23rd, 2013 at 2:49 pm said:

Thank god FFXIV is gonna be 24/7 starting tomorrow :D

+ The_Cowboy_Poet on August 23rd, 2013 at 2:49 pm said:

Well I know what I’m doing this weekend!!
Hey Matt, can you confirm that there will be trophies when the game launches on Tuesday?

+ IamleoARK on August 23rd, 2013 at 2:52 pm said:

A-W-E-S-O-M-E, but make the Trophies not that hard please -_-

+ Monterossa on August 23rd, 2013 at 2:54 pm said:

Thanks for this game, I have a Final Fantasy game to play for the next 10 years because XV looks horrible.

+ free2drm on August 23rd, 2013 at 2:56 pm said:

The beta tests were extremely fun, minus the 3102 and PC email error that a large group of us received. I am defiantly looking forward to the Early Release that starts tomorrow morning at 5am est. Good questions about the trophies I hope they have them and if so that they back-fill for those of us that have already accomplished some of what said trophies might be.

+ Kitty_Pyra on August 23rd, 2013 at 2:59 pm said:

Matt.. when does your PSN ID officially link with your Square ID? I was in P3 and P4 and I checked my SE ID under link accounts and my PSN ID isnt listed… does it permenantly link when you install and setup for early access??

+ cloud73 on August 23rd, 2013 at 3:02 pm said:

Will the game have trophies to unlock?

+ mviamonte on August 23rd, 2013 at 3:03 pm said:

Agree, thanks for the game. but i need more information about monthly fees, an how can i pay it if i live in Venezuela. i heard there will be “pre paid cards” but nothing more.

+ Bicgoozgetten-69 on August 23rd, 2013 at 3:13 pm said:

come on august 27 2013 I want to get addicted to this game

+ Yuranium on August 23rd, 2013 at 3:41 pm said:

@2 @3 I don’t think there’s going to be any trophy since it shares server with PC. I might be wrong though. Trophy would be nice. Anyway, gonna be a busy weekend :P

+ LiKuidFox on August 23rd, 2013 at 3:54 pm said:

Trophies are a requirement for virtually all PS3/PSN games.

+ RoII_chan on August 23rd, 2013 at 3:54 pm said:

Im so ******* excited about this!!!!!! Im gonna start playing it ASAP! =)

+ RoII_chan on August 23rd, 2013 at 3:55 pm said:

@6 I would like to know that too.

+ Frulond on August 23rd, 2013 at 3:58 pm said:

Will it have trophies?

+ Elvick_ on August 23rd, 2013 at 4:31 pm said:

Please, PLEASE, do the same pre-order bonuses and Limited Edition for the PlayStation 4 version. Please. D:

+ Tim81DE on August 23rd, 2013 at 4:47 pm said:

Picking up my Collector’s Edition Tuesday!!!! See you all on our next big adventure.

+ Errantia on August 23rd, 2013 at 5:15 pm said:

@10 – PC version has Achievements to earn, so why wouldn’t there be trophies?

If anyone is playing on Balmung, drop me a line.

+ boboMELOSHE on August 23rd, 2013 at 5:37 pm said:

there is a monthly subscription fee??

+ VestiaryDark on August 23rd, 2013 at 5:38 pm said:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
2am pdt are 6 am on my country and i cant wait!

+ Reonhatto on August 23rd, 2013 at 5:48 pm said:

I loved the open beta on the ps3, That FF is way batter than the last one online…i really hope they continue the excelent work in the end game!
Great job guys!

+ SyrupCakeEater on August 23rd, 2013 at 6:53 pm said:

So glad its almost Saturday. I f anyone is looking for a company to join add me on ps3 :) Our company is playing on Diabolos server. If u wuna hang out with us before the game opens up join us on our website.

tritan-industries.com

+ reson8er on August 23rd, 2013 at 7:13 pm said:

Early Access will be amazing. See you in Eorzea!

+ Zezzler on August 23rd, 2013 at 7:14 pm said:

Have my copy pre-ordered and fully downloaded on PC! I got it for a great price on GMG and am anxiously awaiting pre-release to start :)

I am going to double down when it is released for PS4. I participated in the Phase 4 on my PS3 (instead of PC like I had for phase 2 and 3), and found it to be graphically inferior. But I have very high hopes for the PS4 version, and also hope that it plays well on remote play too :P

Only a few more hours to go!

+ furious_banana on August 23rd, 2013 at 7:14 pm said:

it says its not too late for the early access?? does this apply to a specific retailer or does that still work everywhere? I have mine but im currently trying to find somewhere to buy the game with early access for a friend before he comes back from work :) so where can I get this?

+ Orcas34 on August 23rd, 2013 at 7:18 pm said:

Does anyone know if there were any additional codes needed if bought on PSN? Bought mine there and since I did not receive an email was wondering if there was a code needed in order to get early access. Have the game downloaded and played the beta, but worried that in a couple of hours it won’t let me play. Any replies would be helpful!

+ icy1007 on August 23rd, 2013 at 7:36 pm said:

@18 Yes, there is a monthly fee. Either $12.99 or $14.99.

+ furious_banana on August 23rd, 2013 at 7:37 pm said:

I didn’t buy on psn, I bought a physical copy…and received an email… in my square enix account services theres a new service that got added upon entering the code I received by email at the address mentioned.. so I guess you could go check if you have any new services in there and if not then theres probably something missing?
\
But Im still wondering where I can buy a copy this late that would get me a code for early access?? lol

+ koyo_xv on August 23rd, 2013 at 7:41 pm said:

add me koyo_xv cant wait until tmr and also let me know which server u gonna play :D

+ wonwickedclown on August 23rd, 2013 at 7:50 pm said:

Do we still get early access if we bought the collectors addition between the 13-15 of August? I’ve read (and looked at my account). When I log in to do the update it says “No valid or active service account is available to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn”.

When I go to my account and look at my services, it says, it say my early Access started on 8/14/2013 and expires on 8/23/2014.

Please advise

+ koyo_xv on August 23rd, 2013 at 7:53 pm said:

@29 u prolly got a code go here and redeem http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/us then it will ask u where wanna download ps3 or pc u will get ur client download

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on August 23rd, 2013 at 7:57 pm said:

Not to be a jerk but Monthly fee keep it. it looks like a PS2 game on the PS3 and pay for the addons to hahaha sorry but you guys are Crazy im not rich

+ wonwickedclown on August 23rd, 2013 at 8:11 pm said:

Please advise

bump

+ Hikyotan on August 23rd, 2013 at 8:31 pm said:

I just looked at the service fee on the official website “Standard Tier” for $12.99 i get to play for 180 days but why is the $13.99 only for 90 days and the $14.99 for 30 days!? Like the higher the price the lower days to play!?

+ MaRKiiE_89 on August 23rd, 2013 at 8:59 pm said:

i take it most of us chose ps3 early access but i have a question we cant play the pc one until its actually out right? and is anyone leaving the legacy servers or staying on those?

+ KnifingGrimace on August 23rd, 2013 at 9:04 pm said:

Can’t wait for all of the nostalgia to come rushing back in. Crossing my fingers that we’ll eventually see Goblins added as a playable class. Don’t disappoint me, Yoshida-san!

+ Titus8705 on August 23rd, 2013 at 9:27 pm said:

@29 & 31

I am wondering about this also, seeing as I am in the same boat. Any kind of information would be greatly appreciated!

+ irontiger8614 on August 23rd, 2013 at 9:37 pm said:

when does it start?? when will maintenance end??

+ saveur on August 23rd, 2013 at 11:37 pm said:

I was someone who excitedly paid full price for the original 1.0 CE on release, helped and paid a friend to custom build me a PC solely so I could play it as my first MMO ever, and was so disgusted at the quality after about 6 hours that I swore off the game (and almost the company) entirely. Was EXTREMELY doubtful when “A Realm Reborn” was announced, signed up for the new Beta though just for the hell of it, and once that was finally opened up for demoing I saw a gigantic difference right off the bat. Played each successive version for hours and hours with very little trouble having an absolute blast all the while, and now I find myself pre-ordering yet another FFXIV Collector’s Edition (for PS3 since I get the PC digital version for free) on release. I couldn’t be more stoked.

THANK YOU Square Enix for making this right. Seriously. The effort you all put into this over the last couple of years shines through, and I can’t wait to keep getting further and further into the FFXIV world. Truly hope this is a smashing success.

+ MaRKiiE_89 on August 23rd, 2013 at 11:51 pm said:

At 37 i felt the same way i bought a thousand dollar laptop just for it at got burned bad enough to not try and get legacy status(regret that now though) and i once again spent alotta money but this time i spent 900 almost a thousand on a custom built pc which runs ffxiv so good it makes the ps3 version look basic

+ Apeman24 on August 24th, 2013 at 12:24 am said:

Thanks for the info. I have a question, will there be a collectors edition for ps4? I already have my copy preordered but would like to get the ps4 version instead. Or if the game goes free to play would like to get both.

+ Spectral_Ninja on August 24th, 2013 at 12:39 am said:

So I pre ordered the game. but i didn’t get a code and it keeps asking me for a code. I was never sent one

+ Spectral_Ninja on August 24th, 2013 at 12:41 am said:

Oh I pre ordered on PSN BTW

+ AizawaYuuichi on August 24th, 2013 at 12:54 am said:

@ Hikyotan: All those price tiers, the $12.99 through $14.99, are monthly fees. The longer you choose to pay for, the bigger discount you get. If you only choose to pay for one month, you pay $15. If you choose to pay for three months (90 days), you pay $42 ($14/mnth for 3 months), and lastly, if you pay for six months you pay $78 ($13/mnth for 6 months). So the more time you decide to commit to the game, the less it costs you in the long run, because if you choose to pay monthly for six months, you’d end up paying $90 instead of $78.

All those fun numbers aside, I don’t do games with subscriptions, so as pretty as this looks to be… I won’t be going near it until it goes free-to-play, or at least “no-sub” (like Guild Wars 2, buy the game then play forever). I’m honestly surprised SE decided to rebuild the game and try to relaunch it as a paid sub again. We’ll see how long before they fold… (just like Rift and DCUO and SWTOR and………)

+ Gaids on August 24th, 2013 at 2:00 am said:

Cant get onto the early access i can see that i have the early access in my service list and it tells me it starts 23/08/2013, expires – remaining 1
do i need a code or is it just not working :(

+ Vamp_JoliusBlanc on August 24th, 2013 at 5:33 am said:

Please! We need the code for the pre order game! Purchased in the PSN! Fix the problem now! That is a insult for por pockets! I Pay for the early access! Not the late access!

+ GEMINIVice on August 24th, 2013 at 5:47 am said:

Been looking forward to this game ever since I was lucky enough to try phase 3. Thank goodness the servers are finally gonna be up 24/7.

And shame on PS Blog for not having more coverage on a Realm Reborn.

+ wonwickedclown on August 24th, 2013 at 6:09 am said:

Please advise

bump

+ wonwickedclown on August 24th, 2013 at 6:10 am said:

do we still get early access if we bought the collectors addition on the PSN between the 13-15 of August? I’ve read (and looked at my account). When I log in to do the update it says “No valid or active service account is available to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn”.

Please advise

bump

+ Spectral_Ninja on August 24th, 2013 at 7:15 am said:

Why are PSN pre-order people getting screwed!? I gave you 59.99 for early access. If i would have know this was going to happen I woulda just got the 39.99 option :/

+ wonwickedclown on August 24th, 2013 at 7:30 am said:

I think I have it figured out. Its still downloading though, so I could wrong:

If you purchased the Collectors Edition between the 13-15, PSN had a glitch that messed up your expiration date for the pre-order. Under Account Management->Transaction Management->Services->FFXIV->Early access, it started on the Aug 14 and expired on Aug 23.

PSN refunded the money to my wallet (they refunded everyones money who purchased it between Aug 13-15).

So, I deleted the game, and downloaded the standard edition. Now my Start date is August 23. So I should be good to go.

Hope that helps.