Paragon

Aug 26

Aug 26

PlayStation Plus: Machinarium (PS Vita) Free for Members

Morgan Haro's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Machinarium returns to PlayStation Plus, this time with the PS Vita version available for those who didn’t have a chance to play it on PlayStation 3! The much-anticipated Spelunky is also releasing this week as part of PS Vita Summer Select. Grab this new release on PS Vita and PS3 as a Cross-Buy purchase with an exclusive PS Plus discount to boot. Lastly, the PAX 2013 sale rings in one of the best community gaming events on the planet: PAX Prime.

You’ll find these PS Plus benefits active after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, 8/27.

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

August 27th PlayStation Plus Update

Machinarium (PS Vita)

Regular Price: $6.99, Free for PS Plus members

Machinarium
An award-winning adventure game by Amanita Design, now available free for PS Vita!
Spelunky (PS Vita and PS3, Cross-Buy) – Part of PS Vita Summer Select

Regular Price: $14.99; PS Plus Price: $11.99

Spelunky
Spelunky is a unique platformer with randomized levels that offer a challenging new experience each time you play. Journey deep underground and explore fantastic places filled with all manner of monsters, traps, and treasure. Go solo or bring up to three friends to join you in cooperative play or frantic deathmatch!
Draw Slasher (PS Vita)

Regular Price: $5.99; PS Plus Price: $3.00

Draw Slasher
Meet Hanzo. He’s a ninja. While he was training ‘out there’ the Pirate Monkey Zombies™ – stupid, ugly, smelly, rotten and disgusting creatures – kidnapped his family. Take control of his awesome blade and aid him in the quest to free them.
PAX 2013 Sale

Various Discounts

PAX Prime Sale
In the spirit of one of the biggest community game shows in the world, we’re putting a handful of great games on sale. Check em’ out!

Discounts

Game Title Normal Price Sale Price Plus Price
Penny-Arcade Adventures On the Rainslick Precipice of Darkness Ep 1 & 2 $14.99 $7.49 $3.75
Closure $14.99 $7.49 $3.75
Retro City Rampage (PS3 and PS Vita Cross-Buy) $14.99 $4.99 $3.74
Dragon Fantasy Book I (PS3 and PS Vita Cross-Buy) $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
Limbo (PS3 and PS Vita Cross Buy) $14.99 $7.49 $5.99
Tokyo Jungle $14.99 $7.49 $3.75
Zombie Tycoon II: Brainhov’s Revenge (PS3 and PS Vita Cross-Buy) $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
Journey $14.99 $7.49 $3.75
Skullgirls $14.99 $7.49 $3.75
Retro/Grade $9.99 $4.99 $2.50
Dyad $14.99 $7.49 $3.75

Last Chance (Leaving on 9/3)

Instant Game Collection

Skullgirls
Retro/Grade
Dyad
MS. GERMINATOR
Muramasa Rebirth
GRID 2

You’ll find all the content detailed above with their Plus benefits active when the PlayStation Store updates on 8/27. We’ll be back next week with more details on the game arriving to the Instant Game Collection as well as any other benefits we can share.

If you’ve got feedback or thoughts on today’s Plus update, leave them below, or, if you’re looking to engage with more of the PS community, make sure you head over to the PlayStation Community to discuss this week’s news, find other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

And finally, with next week’s September PS Plus month outlook, my good buddy Kristine Steimer on our PlayStation Community Management team will be taking over these PlayStation Plus update posts. Please welcome her when you see her next week, but you’ll also notice that I, along with Kristine and our other community managers will all be joining in the comments to answer your questions on PS Plus, PlayStation Store updates, and other PS Blog posts when we can. So as ever, see you in the comments!

PlayStation Plus Update 8/27/2013

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 5

Jesszman said:

August 26th, 8:02 am

Gotta love the PS Plus sales. Hopefully they don’t diminish in quality when the PlayStation 4 comes out.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

August 26th, 9:47 am

I think it’s safe to say that we’ll always look for the best ways to get good deals to you as time goes on. Obviously with a ton of content on the PS3 and PS Vita store, you’ll likely see more sales there just because of sheer quantity, but glad you appreciate the discounts! It’s a big way that PS Plus delivers value for sure.

JimmyHACK said:

August 26th, 8:04 am

Yet another great week of games and sales.

Morgan, will September preview be up next Monday, or Tuesday due to the holiday?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

August 26th, 9:45 am

I believe we should be up on Monday!

thebgj said:

August 26th, 8:04 am

cool

GeoDarky said:

August 26th, 8:05 am

Those discounts are great deals, gotta refund my wallet

chavez1138 said:

August 26th, 8:05 am

too bad I already paid for the ones I wanted… well, at least is good for the developers

Mando44646 said:

August 26th, 8:06 am

I wish some of those sale games were available on Vita, as Id rather play them on the go instead of on a TV screen. Great prices though.

Im really hoping for better PS+ free games next month, the only interesting one this month was Hitman

Gorvi said:

August 26th, 8:06 am

Well, I have Machinarium already (loved it), but I’ll be picking up Spelunky almost for certain. Dyad, Retro/Grade, and Tokyo Jungle are definitely under consideration looking at those sale prices.

chavez1138 said:

August 26th, 8:08 am

we been having good sales with Plus, they somehow make me less frustrated with getting Machinarium again (I love that game, the first time)

KillerBane91 said:

August 26th, 8:08 am

Hey my PS3 is having problems right now can i buy these on the web or on my ps vita?

Clantron said:

August 26th, 8:08 am

Nice PAX sales!

Will we be getting a PS+ 90days free deal on year membership like EU is getting?
My membership runs out in a few days and was waiting for this update to see if we’d be getting it as well.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

August 26th, 9:49 am

The EU deal that was announced at Gamescom was only for that region at this time

Ryumoau said:

August 26th, 8:08 am

sigh….lame free game and uninteresting sales.

Clantron said:

August 26th, 8:09 am

Looks like I’ll be picking 4 games up from the sale.
Dragon Fantasy Book 1 – Tokyo Jungle – Journey – Retro/Grade.
and ofcourse Machinarium :)

cubbielovr said:

August 26th, 8:09 am

Nothing for me this week, but that’s ok. Here’s hoping for Prince of Persia, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, or DMC next month. *fingers crossed*

Dark_Yoda_313 said:

August 26th, 8:11 am

Looks like Dragon Fantasy and Tokyo Jungle this week! Those are some sharp discounts. Nice work, Haro!

Ryumoau said:

August 26th, 8:11 am

@13
Assasin’s Creed 3 is already confirmed to be the big ps3 retail game for next month. They announced it at Gamescom. Not sure how i feel about that. i have only played the second game so maybe it might be fresh enough that i’ll enjoy it more than the reviewers did.

jbisnutbush said:

August 26th, 8:12 am

Pretty sweet deals! I bought Journey Day 1 and my kids love Tokyo Jungle.
Dragon Fantasy Book I is a steal at $2.50

Hey Morgan, off the question..
Any news you can share on when the Magic 2014 expansion might be coming?

Thanx and LONG LIVE PLAY!

Suicide_Surfer said:

August 26th, 8:12 am

Morgan, please stop with the repeat games! I understand how some people only have one of the consoles, but for us with both, it is highly frustrating. just some friendly advice. I would love to see some more platformers and/or shooters in the IGC!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

August 26th, 9:50 am

Thanks for the feedback on this. I’ll ensure it gets to the teams

DesertAss2in said:

August 26th, 8:13 am

Man, I still haven’t played Machinarium from when I got it for ps3 with plus. I have to catch up!

Suicide_Surfer said:

August 26th, 8:13 am

Oh is AC3 coming to the EU only or is it coming to the US as well?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

August 26th, 9:49 am

AC3 is only for EU at this time.

ThiagoArroadie said:

August 26th, 8:14 am

Giving a game they already gave for PS3… meh…
Almost a nice sale, thou.

ninth_prey said:

August 26th, 8:14 am

Nothing for me this week for once. No worries. Killzone beta is keeping me busy till its release.
I get that when it comes to the vita we can’t always get full AAA games for it and that’s why we get indies and psp titles. But I was wondering if there’s any chance we can get some action adventure psp games? I’d love to see Tomb Raider Legend, both God Of Wars, Dantes Inferno and one day Ratchet and Clank Size Matters. Maybe even The 3rd birthday. Even a good sale on these games would be awesome.

Thanks Morgan for the early uodate and good work.

AngryCharger said:

August 26th, 8:15 am

wow for less than the original price of journey I´m getting journey, limbo and tokyo jungle!!! WOW!!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

August 26th, 9:51 am

Jealous that you’re getting to play Journey for the first time! and Limbo too! Tokyo Jungle is super fun as well, but those first two are some of the greats, imo

n-hex said:

August 26th, 8:15 am

Great sale, thanks!

TheMic2000 said:

August 26th, 8:15 am

It would be nice to get a little bit more in advance the Instant Game Collection update of the next month, just like our EU friends. Don’t tell me you guys don’t already know some of the games that will be made available.

sephirothmoy0110 said:

August 26th, 8:15 am

nop, sorry but no…. its not possible that you keep on giving the same game… why you no give the game for the to consoles at once??? thats not getting a new game, its just a cheap shot to psplus members…. btw stop it with fighting style games for vita. im complaining about receiving the same games when you could make it better.

Spine999 said:

August 26th, 8:16 am

Machinarium is awesome

Ryumoau said:

August 26th, 8:18 am

@23 kinda shows how overpriced some of these indie games are regularly.

SiriusCJS said:

August 26th, 8:18 am

So how long before Morgan tries to defend Machinarium as being technically a different game offer?

It’s a good thing I don’t have that stinky EU Playstation Plus where I can play REAL PlayStation 3 games & REAL Vita games. I want Android apps & PSP games!!

If next month’s update isn’t AT LEAST UP TO PAR with what EU gets, I’m DEMANDING my subscription be canceled & I be prorated my money back.

Zionine said:

August 26th, 8:19 am

Grabbing Dragon Fantasy Book 1.. Good thing I waited. :)
Also nabbing Spelunky.. love that style..
and Machinarium, obviously. :)

Thanks PS Plus. <3 Making my Sony experience so easy to promote.

myPSismyfriend said:

August 26th, 8:20 am

Will journey or tokyo jungle be in the instant gaming collection anytime soon? It would stink to buy them now only to have them available for free 2 months later.

DanteMerfi said:

August 26th, 8:20 am

You had me at $3.75 for Tokyo Jungle.

Suicide_Surfer said:

August 26th, 8:21 am

Morgan, I would be so happy if we got a sale on R&C Full Frontal Assault. I don’t think it sold too well, and it would be a great way to get people into the series before Into the Nexus. Or better yet, maybe an R&C (not including A4O) into the IGC. I own all of them, but I WANT EVERYONE TO EXPERIENCE THE AWESOMENESS OF RATCHET AND CLANK!

snakeeyes211 said:

August 26th, 8:21 am

When are you guys going to talk more about the interface and what to expect from PlayStation plus on PS4

mynameisdats said:

August 26th, 8:21 am

Not bad. Keep it up!

tylerh1701 said:

August 26th, 8:21 am

I gotta say, the free game for this week is a total lame duck. Not only is it a fairly niche (and IMO quite boring) genre of point-and-click adventures, but it’s also a game that PS3 owners got just a couple months ago. I’ve got to think that the vast majority of Vita owners also own a PS3, so for many of us this is just considered a repeat.

That being said, the sales this week are once again spectacular. 75% first time discount on Dragon Fantasy Book I is an amazing deal. I’ll be grabbing that and Limbo this week, simply for the cross-buy (very smart decision of the developer to implement the post release cross-buy, it’s the only reason I’ll be buying it since I bought it at launch on the 360).

Other great deals this week include Dyad, Tokyo Jungle, and Retro/Grade for 75% off. That is crazy! I bought them all for 50% off and, even at those great prices, I still wish I had held out for this even better sale. So bravo on your sales PS+.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

August 26th, 9:57 am

Lots of stuff on discount this week for sure. I think I’m finally going to jump on Dragon Fantasy myself. Thanks for the feedback!

Zionine said:

August 26th, 8:22 am

Oh.. forgot Limbo, too. :)

Ozumalite said:

August 26th, 8:23 am

Hi Morgan, is AC3 coming next month for PS Plus members?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

August 26th, 9:57 am

For NA, there is no news about AC3 in PS Plus I’m afraid. This is a EU only deal at this time.

Zionine said:

August 26th, 8:23 am

@Tyler1701, I suppose I’m a rare one that downloaded it and have just not had the time to touch it.. and am glad it’s on Vita now. :) When I have PS3 time, I’m putting it on TLOU, Tales of Xillia, Ni No Kuni, or LBP with the lady.. soon KH.

Malkavilis said:

August 26th, 8:24 am

@Morgan Hey Morgan!

Thanks for all the love that Vita is receiving lately. I feel a little unconfortable asking this (after all that love, of course), but, is there any chance of we have WRC 3 for Vita at IGC or discounted?

Thanks for reading.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

August 26th, 9:58 am

Well, any discount is possible, as long as the publisher is ok with it! So the best place to leave this note would be on their communitys ections, websites, etc and let them know

BrianMcGuinness said:

August 26th, 8:24 am

@29. Haha, what a crybaby. WWWWwwaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh. I’m demanding my money back like a big boy!

Phoenix9889 said:

August 26th, 8:25 am

I saved my money in hopes by the end of the month would have a great sale but instead nothing of interest was available this whole month. Probably the worst month for having plus in my opinion.

Spine999 said:

August 26th, 8:30 am

So we can hope to see Grid 2 for $14.99?

Monterossa said:

August 26th, 8:31 am

Too many indie games nowadays. Especially on the Vita. I don’t know why people should buy a Vita to play those indie games.

PS2 and PSP were so great because of the game library with AAA games and a lot of Japanese games compare to the current generation.

Suicide_Surfer said:

August 26th, 8:31 am

One more thing, will GTA 5 be available to pre load in the US? It’s gonna be a nightmare trying to get into the PS Store on 9/17.

grbolivar said:

August 26th, 8:31 am

Will PS+ give discounts on DLCs for games sometime?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

August 26th, 9:59 am

sure, it can happen

Ryumoau said:

August 26th, 8:31 am

I hope maybe Sony will work with Namco or Koei to give us a day one discount on One Piece PW 2 next tuesday. I remember they had a discount on the first game last year but it was less than 3 weeks after the game released, which screwed plus members who bought it at release.
I’m hoping they will do the discount more reasonably this time.

vanwinkle said:

August 26th, 8:33 am

I love how you guys make a “box art” for Machinarium in the picture, to make it seem like it’s a bigger deal than it is.

Suicide_Surfer said:

August 26th, 8:34 am

@48 haha It’s like a $5 game too

CptQwark said:

August 26th, 8:34 am

Thanks for the update Morgan!
I never played Limbo so I will definitely pick it up for the Vita.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

August 26th, 9:59 am

awesome, it’s a great game. At its core,it’s a puzzle game so stick with it through the first part and get used to the controls, and then get ready for a really great, dark, and entertaining game

PAGE 1 2 3 5