PS4 - Destiny

Project Diva F Out Today on PS3: Hatsune Miku Hits the Stage!

Aaron Webber's Avatar + Posted by Aaron Webber on Aug 27, 2013 // Associate Brand Manager, Sega of America

Hatsune Miku - Project DIVA F on PS3

At long last, Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F is here! The game is in stores now, and will be available on the North American PlayStation Store later today. We’ve put together a new trailer, seen above, to celebrate the launch of the game. It features some amazing songs, and a look at both the “Miku Room” and “Edit Mode” features in the game.

In the “Miku Room”, you can interact with your favorite characters and fully customize their room with special themes, furniture, and more. You can also buy them gifts using your DIVA Points, and each will trigger a special event!

“Edit Mode” lets you create your very own Rhythm videos with any song you own. The possibilities are almost limitless, and your creativity will let you build the ultimate music video featuring your favorite music. You can upload your creations online to share with your friends and the world — we can’t wait to see the amazing videos you’re going to create!

A long time ago, we asked you on Facebook if you would support Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F. Your responses were overwhelming, and your voices combined into a song that paved the way for Miku’s first console game in the West. It’s because of you we’ve arrived here today, celebrating the release of Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F on PS3. We couldn’t have done it without you. Thank you all so much!

+ detictiveconan on August 27th, 2013 at 12:50 pm said:

My Pre-Order is on its way from Amazon!

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 1:33 pm said:

Awesome! Thanks for pre-ordering and supporting the game, Conan!

+ Mikeindustries on August 27th, 2013 at 12:52 pm said:

First off, I just want to say thanks for bringing a Project Diva game over here. It’s great being able to support it.

I do have a question somewhat related to Project Diva, but more towards Sega generally.

If this game sells well according to whatever Sega has in mind as successful, will this open discussion up internally for more Japanese Sega exclusive games to maybe make the jump to the west? I know you can’t comment specifically on games, so I won’t waste time naming any, but just putting it out there I would support them.

I’m really only asking because I’ve been a fan of Sega for many many years, and it sucks to see a company I love not release games that people seem to really want. It’s a nice change to see Sega supporting a Project Diva game in the states. And honestly, I just don’t want to have any false hope for more releases like this.

Either way, thanks again for listening to fans and bringing at least Project Diva F over. I’ll be getting my pre-order delivered tomorrow, and I can’t wait to dig in.

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 1:35 pm said:

You’re very welcome. It’s thanks to fans like you that Miku is releasing today!

I totally feel you on the second part of your comments, but I don’t have any news I can share on that front right now. However, it goes without saying that Miku succeeding will be a great benefit for SEGA and for all of our titles like it.

I hope you enjoy the game once you get your hands on it tomorrow – thank you again!

+ PressBlanksteg on August 27th, 2013 at 12:55 pm said:

Just posting to say that Aaron Webber seems like a cool guy.

+ SethsDeathnote on August 27th, 2013 at 1:08 pm said:

Hi Sega ! I picked up a copy of this game for my girlfriend ( preordered ) and it’s pretty cool . I will buy another copy for myself if you release a vita version , please ? anyway , I am also a huge fan of the yakuza series , I own 1, 2, 3 ,4 and deadsouls , I own all of the ps3 Sonic games ( even 2006 ) and games like vanquish valkyria chronicles and condemned 2 bloodshot . I even have the sega dreamcast still hooked up to my TV . so I am a huge sega fan with alot of sega merch around my house , I love your games , I just wish you would bring more over . put me down for support for yakuza 5 , VC3 , skies of arcadia HD , an new sonic game and PSO2 for vita and ps3 /PC . thanks for your time and thanks for being so nice Aaron :)

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 1:40 pm said:

Thanks for picking up a copy, Seth! Sounds like a lot of awesome SEGA love in your house, too… very nice! Thanks for your comment, and no problem responding. : )

+ Zidaneski on August 27th, 2013 at 1:09 pm said:

After much debate in my head I decided to buy the game. Not a vocaloid or Hatsune Miku fan but that demo was pretty fun gotta admit.

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 1:41 pm said:

Right on, thank you Zidaneski! The game is amazingly addictive, so we’re glad you had a great time with the demo.

+ MadCatUS on August 27th, 2013 at 1:09 pm said:

My amazon preorder will arrive on Friday. I bought the game only to add it to my Miku collection (all PSP-games, japaneese Project Diva f, japaneese Project Diva А with arcade style mini-controller, not counting all the figures and etc.). I won’t play it on PS3. But what I will play is the Vita-version. Sega – please, make it happen, and I will gladly buy it for the FOURTH time.

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 1:41 pm said:

Thanks MadCat – I’ll let the teams know!

+ HeeroCobain on August 27th, 2013 at 1:22 pm said:

I personally won’t be picking this up (I have at least one friend who will) but I’m glad to see Sega taking the initiative to bring what is normally a Japan-only game to the rest of the world. ありがとうございました、ウェバーさん。

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 1:41 pm said:

Appreciate the kind words – thanks, Heero!

+ Darth_Lambo on August 27th, 2013 at 1:24 pm said:

Finally, already purchased, can’t wait to go home and play it

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 1:47 pm said:

Awesome, thank you for supporting Miku, Lambo! Hope your evening is filled with lots of songs and little sleep. :)

+ JumpMan33 on August 27th, 2013 at 1:26 pm said:

Can we please get an update on the NA version of PSO2???

I would be happy if Project Diva F just got a digital release for Vita

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 1:48 pm said:

I don’t have any news on PSO2, but thanks for your comment and support for a VITA version.

+ Kilburn474 on August 27th, 2013 at 1:36 pm said:

Some of these comments here are sickening. Guys, lets be rational here on the Vita edition:

The PS3 has over 73 MILLION in sales. That’s 73 million potential customers (I know that’s not possible in reality but humor me). Compare that to the Vita. It’s a new system & has MUCH LOWER sales. Now, what would you rather go for, 73m potential customers or not even 1/10th of tat? Yes, both WOULD have the highest number of potential customers, but the cost for bringing the one with the lower number over has to be low enough to turn a profit. You can boycott if you want, but just know that by doing so, you hurt the chances of ANY other Miku game landing over here.

Now, I’m LOVING the game! It’s gorgeous and the screenshot function has me making wallpapers out of all song video. I got it at midnight from my local gamestop & I can’t wait to get off work @ play some more. I hope we get more Miku and i will throw every but of money I can at this game to support it. I may even buy another copy later to keep it sealed. Thanks again or bringing it over and let me apologize on behalf of the real fans for the rude treatment you’ve been getting Aaron.

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 1:49 pm said:

Thank you, Kilburn. :)

Glad to hear you’re enjoying the game – and no worries! People are passionate, and that’s a good thing… but it’s always better when they’re polite. Really appreciate your post.

+ Errantia on August 27th, 2013 at 1:40 pm said:

It is nice to see you bringing titles like these over, but like so many other people, the vita version is the better version. I loved the vita version, but I can not get into the PS3 version. The rhythm seems off for some reason.

You should also look into localizing the PSP titles for vita play, they had some of the best vocaloid songs in them.

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 1:51 pm said:

Appreciate the feedback – thanks Errantia!

+ jimmyfoxhound on August 27th, 2013 at 1:41 pm said:

YES YES YESSSSSS THANK YOU SOOO MUCH SEGA!!!!

Seriously thank you. I own all of these games through imports but I purchased two copies of this NA release to show my support!! This almost makes up for Yakuza 5 not coming out in NA… * cries *

ahem.. anyway, THANK YOU again. I can’t thank you enough for finally bringing Miku to the states!! THANK YOU!!!
:D :D :D

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 1:54 pm said:

You’re very welcome, Jimmy! People like you make it all worthwhile. : )

+ afigueroa on August 27th, 2013 at 1:43 pm said:

Wow, those are a lot of replies!! I wish everyone in this forum were like you Aaron!

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 1:55 pm said:

Interacting with you guys in the comments is one of the best parts. Thank you, Afi!

+ jimmyfoxhound on August 27th, 2013 at 1:46 pm said:

ugh that was kind of depressing, I was excited to see a bunch of responses and I thought it would be fun times w/ other fans but it’s a lot of angry people.. awww c’mon guys. :(

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 1:55 pm said:

Most of the comments are very positive – don’t worry! :) And the rest are still good feedback!

+ tenshinoneko on August 27th, 2013 at 1:52 pm said:

My boyfriend (I’m a guy) hates Vocaloid, while I love Vocaloid a lot so I know he is really against me purchasing this title. But I made up my mind and I’m getting this today or tomorrow when I get my paycheck (digital edition of course)

My bestfriend is also getting her to support Vocaloid so maybe afterwards they will release newer versions or maybe the old PSP titles for download, now that would be awesome.

I just wish there was a cheaper version for ps+ subscribers or at least to offer a free DLC for us. I know I’m asking to much but it would be a good idea.

I hope there’s upcoming DLC now that Hatsune Miku’s V3 is going to be released soon would be great to listen to some English songs from here already on this game.

And I’ll be enjoying this game on my Playstation 3D TV ^_^

Thank you for this release it made me happy.

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 1:59 pm said:

You are very welcome, Tenshi. Thank you for picking up the game to show your support – maybe your boyfriend will come around in time? :)

The game looks really great in 3D when watching the videos – hope you have an amazing time with it!

+ The-Hawk2K on August 27th, 2013 at 2:03 pm said:

I’m happy to see Miku come to the West! I hope this is just the beginning and we see more Miku games or games like this over here. I’m getting my copy today.

I’ll say it would be nice to have the Vita version down the line if this does well. But I am still thankful to have this game here at all. Thanks for bringing Miku here!!!

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 2:34 pm said:

Thanks for supporting Miku, Hawk!

+ xTurmoilZz on August 27th, 2013 at 2:04 pm said:

I also fail to understand why “fans” of this game would hate on Sega for not bringing over the Vita version of this game. The Vita could certainly use more games like this but the reasons for Sega to bring this game to the PS3 instead of the Vita in North America (where the Vita is struggling) are reasonable and are obvious. I guess these “fans” just don’t really understand and refuse to try to understand.

Anyway it’s nice to see this game come to North America and I definitely support it and I’m glad to see that a really large number of people also support it. It’s also nice to see so many replies on the PlayStation Blog. Thanks.

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 2:35 pm said:

Appreciate the kind words and teh support, Trumoil. Happy to respond. :) Thank you!

+ Yuri-Onee-Chan on August 27th, 2013 at 2:05 pm said:

Finally, I waited for this. Well I know my sleep schedule is going to be messed up with staying up all night playing this.

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 2:36 pm said:

Awesome. Hope your evening is packed with “Excellent”-s and maybe a few “Perfects”!

+ Broccosparagus on August 27th, 2013 at 2:09 pm said:

If you could add my vote for the vita version as well that’d be great.

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 2:37 pm said:

Noted, thanks!

+ Xanzar on August 27th, 2013 at 2:17 pm said:

Looks like I’ll finally be able to use my surround system again :D (haven’t done that since project diva:extend a year ago when I imported it{was a nice game to send my PSP off with})

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 2:37 pm said:

Crank up the volume – you’re in for a treat. :)

+ Xanzar on August 27th, 2013 at 2:24 pm said:

I will purchase both , hell if possible in the future cross-save/cross-buy would be nice, considering the possibility of the vita(original versions) release :D Keep up the good work you S companies (SONY AND SEGA NICE WORK, also try for jet set radio future )

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 2:38 pm said:

Thanks for picking up the game!

Jet Set is also one of my favorite series from the Dreamcast era. Very good memories.

+ Xanzar on August 27th, 2013 at 2:26 pm said:

and by S I mean sadist, its completely sad that you guys don’t localize alot of stuff (I’ve been looking at a lot of great IPs available in Japan[sadly they are only in Japan], like PSO2 , Valkyria chronicles(the series IE three and so on), Yakuza, some galge{though you guys have been localizing some of it recently})

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 5:06 pm said:

Aha, it’s nice to hear some support for those games, too! I loved Valkyria (both games) and played PSO for many years, ever since the Dreamcast.

+ adamko89 on August 27th, 2013 at 2:28 pm said:

When it will be released on the UK PSN?

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 5:06 pm said:

September 4th!

+ Dr4gonco89 on August 27th, 2013 at 2:29 pm said:

Nice!!! got the japanese version a year ago. Is a good game damn my 100hours just to master this game is sick. Already platinum :) Nice to see sega is trying to support project diva games. Now a lot of fans who couldnt afford to import, can get it. Good Job Sega hope this game get good results.So, we can see more english versions of yours games.

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 5:07 pm said:

Thanks Dr4gonco! Appreciate your support, and glad you enjoyed the Japanese version!

+ Alucard-XII on August 27th, 2013 at 2:29 pm said:

Yakuza 5 + Yakuza 1&2 HD

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 5:07 pm said:

The Yakuza series is a fantastic franchise, but I don’t have any news on it for you currently.

+ Stranger_Eddie on August 27th, 2013 at 2:36 pm said:

Aaron Webber, I come to congratulate you for the excellent service, answaring ALL customers! Here, are, complaints or compliments, and you Aaron is attending ALL!Congratulations!

I repeat: Not only SEGA and Sony, but ALL who are not seeing the potential of the Vita based on everything that customers want: GAMES!

Project Diva: Sega HAVE THIS GAME OFFICIAL FOR VITA in the Japanese version, and is not seen how many people wanting this game for PSVita, because is PERFECT to play on VITA! Here in U.S. and Europe you are going to find many Hatsune Miku fans!

A personal request: After Burner Climax for PSVITA! This game Already have for: PS3, X-Box 360, iOS, Android, and Vita need one airplane game. After Burner is a classic!

Regards!

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 5:08 pm said:

I appreciate it, thank you Eddie! As mentioned, I’ll be passing on all the VITA requests internally to our teams at SEGA.

+ Gamerzlimited on August 27th, 2013 at 2:53 pm said:

Thank you for releasing Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f here in the states. I got my copy from Amazon and I’m really enjoying it so far. I hope you can consider bringing the Vita version and the sequel as well.

Also, do you know what other Japanese rhythm I would also love to see? I would love to see SEGA bring K-On! Houkago Live to the states too.

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 5:09 pm said:

Thanks for buying a copy and supporting the game, Gamerz. Glad you’re enjoying it, and while I don’t have any news on a VITA version or anything relating to K-On!, I’ve noted your comment.

+ burucchi on August 27th, 2013 at 2:55 pm said:

Just here to wish you good luck with Miku in the west and, of course, to +1 that “please let us have the Vita version too”, lol. I’m pretty sure I posted this countless times already in every other post where such a debate started, but yeah, no PS3 here and this is the sort of game that I would much prefer to take with me on the go.

Still, Diva titles are really great rhythm games and Miku is one hell of a charismatic figure, so I hope both are able to find success over here in the West. And then, who knows, even if we don’t get Diva 1 Vita, maybe Diva 2 will fare better. Just know the audience is there!

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 5:09 pm said:

Thanks Burucchi. :) Appreciate the support!

+ AguilarX on August 27th, 2013 at 3:07 pm said:

yo Aaron, you might consider something called a lunch break. People are downloading the game right now as I type this. shhhhh…… just close your eyes…..no, just…..just close it…..there you go, there you go…..

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 5:10 pm said:

Must… type… just…

one… more… comment….

just… one… morlkajsfdlkasdffsdddddddddd

+ Anthony_-Kun on August 27th, 2013 at 3:08 pm said:

I love this game thanks for bringing it to the us :)

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 5:11 pm said:

ddddddddddddddddddddddddd

- Oh whoa. Hey, we’re back.

Thanks for your support, Anthony! Glad you love the game!

+ eucalyptus39 on August 27th, 2013 at 3:11 pm said:

Yay! Is there any chance of the upcoming project diva f second getting a western release like this game?

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 5:11 pm said:

Too early to say. Right now we’re 100% focused on Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F!

+ Gamerloid on August 27th, 2013 at 3:12 pm said:

Hey Aaron, if there was to be a Vita release, would that also mean the Bundle as seen in Japan? That’s what I would want, and would be a great way for me to become a Vita owner. Day 1 purchase if the bundle received a US release, that Vita looked awesome.

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 5:12 pm said:

Hypothetical on top of hypothetical, so I can’t really comment, sorry. But I have noted your thoughts, so thank you for those!

+ sydra on August 27th, 2013 at 3:18 pm said:

I decided to buy this today. Turns out, no stores bothered to carry it. Just how limited a release is it?!

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 5:13 pm said:

Gamestop just turned off their online ordering for the game ,so apparently it’s doing pretty well. I called a few local Gamestops nearby and at least one in the San Francisco area has a few copies, but the rest are running low.

You can also get a copy on Amazon, or just digitally on PSN!

+ xPinoiiGen3- on August 27th, 2013 at 3:19 pm said:

i just checked thw ps store and its still not there :/ im in uk btw

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 5:13 pm said:

It will be live in Europe on September 4th! Sorry for the short wait.

+ AguilarX on August 27th, 2013 at 3:36 pm said:

@xPinoiiGen3 Whoa! where’d you get your avatar? that’s sick! Pinoy Pride

+ Elvick_ on August 27th, 2013 at 3:37 pm said:

@29: Last I checked, spoiled children didn’t ask companies to release things you want so you can buy them, let alone offer to buy something you don’t want (PS3 version) if you get the version you want (Vita). Last I checked, spoiled children cried to their parents and threw over displays in stores until their parents bought them the toy they want.

Shoo with your stupid.

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 5:14 pm said:

All good, let’s keep it positive here. :)

+ I-Draikin-I on August 27th, 2013 at 3:43 pm said:

I’m not really a fan of the game, but might end up buying it regardless to (hopefully) get Sega to localize Valkyria Chronicles 3.

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 5:15 pm said:

If you do, thank you for supporting Miku and games like this!

+ SeanStrange on August 27th, 2013 at 3:43 pm said:

Just got to my local EB Games within the last 2 MINUTES before closing time. Got the final copy in a 3 hour radius! Really excited to play! Long live Hatsune Miku!

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 5:15 pm said:

Nicely done… congrats on the last-minute pick-up.

Have an awesome, Miku-filled evening!

+ xPinoiiGen3- on August 27th, 2013 at 3:52 pm said:

AguilarX pinoy? ps store £0.99 :D

+ Elvick_ on August 27th, 2013 at 3:53 pm said:

@83: Do you realize how foolish that argument is. Think about what it is you’re saying. You are talking about a niche market, one used to Miku on handhelds due to past games being on handheld. One that likely imports them. Odds are, fans have a PS Vita due to Project Diva f already. Odds are, many prefer the series on handhelds anyway. I know many who don’t even like the genre on consoles at all.

It may be a niche market, but the particular niche is very specific to handhelds.

@88: If any of that is reference to me, then I would *NOT* enjoy the PS3 version. Thus would not support it even if the PS Vita version didn’t exist at all. But would have certainly bought it had they brought the PS Vita too, because that’s how I roll. I reward companies who do things the way they should be done.

@97: While we’re not entitled to get what we want to buy, we’re also not obligated to support them “just because” either. We are entitled to our freedom as consumers, to support who we wish and for what reasons we wish.

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 9:43 pm said:

Thanks for your opinions!

+ AguilarX on August 27th, 2013 at 3:56 pm said:

@xPinoiiGen3 Oo. damn i wish we have that in US store

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 9:43 pm said:

No, Aguilar! The topic train, it’s going the other way! It’s going the other w-

+ Chimera7817 on August 27th, 2013 at 3:56 pm said:

As soon as a vita version appears, I will buy it. Push Sega of America to localize it please

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 9:42 pm said:

Thank you for the feedback, Chimera!

+ JKKMA93 on August 27th, 2013 at 3:58 pm said:

Just adding my voice for a vita version, I’m still gonna buy the Ps3 one but sure it would be nice if Sega of America releases it on my beloved handheld.

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 9:42 pm said:

Thanks for supporting us regardless, JKK – I’ll also note your comment!

+ Crazy_Lunatic463 on August 27th, 2013 at 3:59 pm said:

I really want this game on my vita… It would make me enjoy my vita again :\

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 9:44 pm said:

I’ll add this to the rest of the feedback. Thanks Lunatic!

+ xPinoiiGen3- on August 27th, 2013 at 4:01 pm said:

AguilarX i just got it this morning lol. btw i want vita version as well count me in :D

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 9:44 pm said:

–ay and I think we really need to get back on topic because w-

+ Phedran on August 27th, 2013 at 4:01 pm said:

Just adding my voice, this is the only game I’ve ever considered importing from Japan for my Vita, and I would absolutely buy this on Vita if it was localized! I want this game on Vita so bad!

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 9:45 pm said:

Thanks Phedran!

+ GavinChase on August 27th, 2013 at 4:41 pm said:

As happy as I am to finally be receiving this game. I am desperate for the Vita version. I have been contemplating just buying a Japanese import of it instead because this wait is unbearable. Not to mention I don’t even know if I will be receiving a version. Oh well, I’ll try to hold out.

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 9:46 pm said:

Thanks for your comment, Gavin – and for supporting the PS3 version too!

+ macy113 on August 27th, 2013 at 4:48 pm said:

Woah replies to almost every comment o.o. Thanks for the West port SEGA! Something to keep me down until Sonic Lost World.

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 5:18 pm said:

Almost every? Oh no, sir. This train doesn’t stop until we reply to them all. :)

Also, you’re welcome – thank you for supporting it! Hope you’ll enjoy Lost World too, but that’s for another time…

+ shades909 on August 27th, 2013 at 4:52 pm said:

I bought this game on the PS3 and i like it, but after playing for a while i think this game would play better on Vita, so i’m with everyone else who ask for the Vita version, even though i don’t own a vita yet :P

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 9:46 pm said:

Haha, glad you like it! And comment noted. :)

+ sockerps on August 27th, 2013 at 5:18 pm said:

Thanks for bringing the game over! Any hope of Sega localizing some of the Shining games over in the future?

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 9:47 pm said:

You’re very welcome, sockerps! To your question, no news on anything besides Miku from me, sorry!