PlayStation Vue

Aug 27

Project Diva F Out Today on PS3: Hatsune Miku Hits the Stage!

Aaron Webber's Avatar Posted by Aaron Webber on Aug 27, 2013 // Associate Brand Manager, Sega of America

Hatsune Miku - Project DIVA F on PS3

At long last, Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F is here! The game is in stores now, and will be available on the North American PlayStation Store later today. We’ve put together a new trailer, seen above, to celebrate the launch of the game. It features some amazing songs, and a look at both the “Miku Room” and “Edit Mode” features in the game.

In the “Miku Room”, you can interact with your favorite characters and fully customize their room with special themes, furniture, and more. You can also buy them gifts using your DIVA Points, and each will trigger a special event!

“Edit Mode” lets you create your very own Rhythm videos with any song you own. The possibilities are almost limitless, and your creativity will let you build the ultimate music video featuring your favorite music. You can upload your creations online to share with your friends and the world — we can’t wait to see the amazing videos you’re going to create!

A long time ago, we asked you on Facebook if you would support Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F. Your responses were overwhelming, and your voices combined into a song that paved the way for Miku’s first console game in the West. It’s because of you we’ve arrived here today, celebrating the release of Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F on PS3. We couldn’t have done it without you. Thank you all so much!

+ ryojugan on August 27th, 2013 at 11:26 am said:

Hey Aaron, damn i´ll have to buy the digital edition of the game (@overseas right now).

¿Does the digital edition of the game includes all the DLC´s?

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 11:29 am said:

Yes, if you buy the PSN version from the North American store, you’ll still have all the extra songs. The physical copy and the PSN version are one and the same… only the physical copies are perhaps a little shinier. :)

+ Teflon02 on August 27th, 2013 at 11:18 am said:

Sega, I just wanna help you out with this comment, so you understand the Vita complaints better.
Do you know how it feels to Vita owners when Namco said they won’t localize tales, how it felt when alot of Vita games won’t be localized, FF type 0 still hasn’t been localized, so many unplayable PSOne games on the Vita then when a game like this that quite a few vita owners said will never be localized, hear it’s being localized… but only on PS3, after this was done on a few games like One Piece. It’s mad frustrating, I buy quite a few Vita games just to support, and I actually hate Miku but I would have support anyways. But even so what makes it worse is PSN only releases at full price (If you guys bring any future games to Vita that’s more then $20 please have a physical version) Ohh and can you please let sega know SEGA Genesis collection is waiting to be accessible for PSVita from the PS Store (works with PS3 transfer only)

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 11:31 am said:

Thanks Teflon! I totally see where you’re coming from and we understand there are a ton of really strong VITA supporters out there who would love to see the game on that platform. I’ll pass on your feedback as well!

+ EThomas007 on August 27th, 2013 at 12:49 pm said:

I am buying this game on ps store when it update this game is awsome and of course hasune miku is to

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 1:33 pm said:

Thank you, Ethomas! Really appreciate your support, and we hope you’ll have an awesome time playing the game today!

+ SethsDeathnote on August 27th, 2013 at 1:08 pm said:

Hi Sega ! I picked up a copy of this game for my girlfriend ( preordered ) and it’s pretty cool . I will buy another copy for myself if you release a vita version , please ? anyway , I am also a huge fan of the yakuza series , I own 1, 2, 3 ,4 and deadsouls , I own all of the ps3 Sonic games ( even 2006 ) and games like vanquish valkyria chronicles and condemned 2 bloodshot . I even have the sega dreamcast still hooked up to my TV . so I am a huge sega fan with alot of sega merch around my house , I love your games , I just wish you would bring more over . put me down for support for yakuza 5 , VC3 , skies of arcadia HD , an new sonic game and PSO2 for vita and ps3 /PC . thanks for your time and thanks for being so nice Aaron :)

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 1:40 pm said:

Thanks for picking up a copy, Seth! Sounds like a lot of awesome SEGA love in your house, too… very nice! Thanks for your comment, and no problem responding. : )

+ sockerps on August 27th, 2013 at 5:18 pm said:

Thanks for bringing the game over! Any hope of Sega localizing some of the Shining games over in the future?

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 9:47 pm said:

You’re very welcome, sockerps! To your question, no news on anything besides Miku from me, sorry!

+ KeyHolderJonth on August 27th, 2013 at 5:39 pm said:

Aaron, did you know it’s not necessary to reply every comment? I hope they didn’t forgot to tell you that (it kind of looks like they did forgot to tell you)
Anyway, thanks for taking the risk to bring Miku to the west, I’m sure it will bring excellent results
Any plans on releasing Project Diva avatars on PS store?

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 9:50 pm said:

Wait… it’s… not required?

A long time ago, Jeff Rubenstein looked me in the eye and said: “Aaron, you reply to every single comment on this blog, or there will be… unforseen consequences.”

And I’ve never looked back since.

+ kawayiin-jarcor on August 27th, 2013 at 5:42 pm said:

there will be for ps vita

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 9:51 pm said:

Hm? Sorry, I’m not sure I understand the comment – but it sounds like another post of support for a VITA version.

+ DecadanceFantasy on August 27th, 2013 at 5:48 pm said:

I’m really excited this game got released in the US! Too bad I don’t have the money to spend on it but I hope I can down the line. Looks like a fun game, and the demo was great! I hope the game manual explains the play mechanics a bit better. It took some trial and error to figure it out and I’m still not sure I was doing things right.

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 9:51 pm said:

Awesome, thanks Decadance! Whenever you pick it up, thanks in advance from the entire Miku team, and we hope you will have an awesome time!

+ MrBanballow on August 27th, 2013 at 5:52 pm said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many red reply boxes in one place. Anywaaay…
… just gonna leave that here. Also, add my voice to those that were disappointed that Sega neglected the Vita audience, would have bought for both systems. Wonder if they regret not having it ready following last week’s price drop for the system?

PS: I know this is PS Blog, but any chance of Project Mirai 2 on that other handheld making it over to the west?

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 9:52 pm said:

Nice combo there, Banballow! (And here’s one more red box…)

No news on Mirai, etc, sorry! We’re full-steam ahead on Project DIVA F right now, and we have to make this a success.

+ Stranger_Eddie on August 27th, 2013 at 6:06 pm said:

Aaron Webber …. For you and SEGA ;)

Don’t be afraid, I did myself a fan picture! =D

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 9:53 pm said:

Hahaha… amazing. Well done Eddie! ; )

+ blokken on August 27th, 2013 at 6:15 pm said:

thanks for this, i might buy this if ever i see one on the stores near my place.

+1 vote for the vita version, i’d totally play the heck out of that if it were to come out.

also, K-ON! is a pretty good rhythm game too, i hope that one gets released sometime as well (i wish).

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 9:53 pm said:

Appreciate it, thank you Blokken!

+ Darkesssoul on August 27th, 2013 at 6:47 pm said:

TY Aaron for my future sleepless nights….got the games for a few hours and almost perfected all the easy. OFF TO NORMAL. I WILL BEAT THE EXTREME VERSION..eventually…

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 9:54 pm said:

Oh man, just wait.

The first night I got my hands on Project DIVA, I stayed in the office until almost midnight just replaying “MMORPG Addict’s Anthem” because I love PSO so much.

It was bliss.

+ Final-Starlight7 on August 27th, 2013 at 7:06 pm said:

It makes me very happy to see that people in the west can enjoy this game too. Unfortunately I don`t think I will get a copy of it, as I already got the Japanese version day 1 in Japan, but I`m glad western fans can enjoy it. I hope it does really well so we can see more games like this come to the west. Now if the 3DS Project Mirai game can come over too… I`m just bummed the 3DS is region locked, otherwise I would have picked up that too in Japanese. Any way we can see Project Mirai come to the west too??

Thanks Sega for sending this game to the west~!

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 9:56 pm said:

You are most welcome! Thanks for supporting it, be that via a Japanese or Western copy, Starlight!

+ Gamerloid on August 27th, 2013 at 7:10 pm said:

@Aaron Very true, there wasn’t any real way to reply to me. Thanks for reporting all of our comments though. Pretty much why I made the response, just to let you know that if the Bundle came to the US I’d get it day 1 no questions asked. Fans of the series will want it for sure, and those already with the Vita will be tempted to switch Vita systems. Our comments alone might not be enough, so I hope the PS3 version sells extremely well to show just how much support the series has overseas. Keep up the good work!

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 9:56 pm said:

No worries! Much appreciated Gamerloid, and likewise, thank you for the kind words and feedback.

+ avluis on August 27th, 2013 at 7:14 pm said:

Literally called all GameStops in my area to get a hold of this game and I just drove the 15+ miles to get it.
About to play it on my PS3 and I would love to have it on the go on my PS Vita, as it was meant to be played.

BUT!! Because I love this series so much, I really want SEGA to know that I will support it on whatever form it comes to USA.
Now! Get us that PS Vita version!

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 9:57 pm said:

Glad you found a copy – have an awesome evening playing it tonight.

Thank you very much for supporting the series, Avluis!

+ FearMonkey on August 27th, 2013 at 7:27 pm said:

Yay! Got my Miku!!! ^_^

Was worried I wouldn’t get it today as Amazon said delivery was expected by wednesday or thursday. But surprise, surprise I got it in the mail today! So happy!!! :)

Taking too long to unlock Black *Rock Shooter though. :P

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 9:58 pm said:

Excellent – congrats FearMonkey! It’s always nice when packages arrive early. :)

Black*Rock Shooter is a great one… have fun tonight!

+ BREC-MEXICO on August 27th, 2013 at 8:32 pm said:

great !!!!!!

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 9:59 pm said:

Thanks Brec! Glad you’re excited – that’s a lot of exclamation marks. :)

+ ServantRider on August 27th, 2013 at 8:37 pm said:

I had to work today and missed picking up my copy. Good thing I still have the imported version to tide me over till tomorrow XD

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 9:59 pm said:

Hang in there! Only one more day…

+ F15gangsta on August 27th, 2013 at 8:41 pm said:

Picked up my pre ordered physical copy this morning. Thinking about buying the PSN version too just to show some support. Really pushing for niche titles like these to become a norm in the West.

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 10:00 pm said:

Fans like you are the reason we have hope to make titles like Miku a success. Thank you so much.

+ jsy3kina on August 27th, 2013 at 9:26 pm said:

I bought the Japanese Vita and PS3 version for this game. I loved both the games and I am so definitely looking forward to getting this! No official price and haven’t appeared yet in PS Store, when I checked around 10 hours ago.

Can’t wait when it appeared later =)

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 10:01 pm said:

Glad to hear it, jsy3kina. :) (If you’re in Europe, remember it will appear on Sept 4th – sorry for the short wait!)

+ Aaron Webber on August 27th, 2013 at 10:04 pm said:

And with that, we come to the end of today’s comments and responses.

Thank you all for being such amazing supporters of Miku and of SEGA’s Japanese titles in general. It’s thanks to fans like you that we can bring titles like this to the West, and for those of us who get to work on them, it’s seeing your reactions that makes all of the hard work and late nights so worth it.

Have a great evening everyone, and from all of us at SEGA, we hope you’ll have a fantastic time playing Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F!

Good night, and take care.

– Aaron

+ StevenBezarius on August 27th, 2013 at 10:49 pm said:

I’m here just for two reasons,

First of all
Wow!!! Aaron Webber, I just have to say you’re amazing! Keep up the good work!!! I’d love to see more people like you working here :) you make me want to have a way to tell Sony “He Deserves a Raise, give it to him now!” ;)

the second one it’s to comment, I’m with the “Please port it to Vita” but I know that’s not an easy task, so I’ll help with all I can to make it happen

Buying it the next week ( sadly I dont have the money right now ) Hope it sells a lot!

Miku FTW! :D

+ StevenBezarius on August 27th, 2013 at 10:51 pm said:

166+ StevenBezarius

Or sega?* Dont know :P but you get the point ;)

+ animefreaknerd on August 27th, 2013 at 10:51 pm said:

Thanks for bringing the game over to the U.S. Although I have bought both the Japanese version for the console and Vita, I will still support by buying the U.S. version, which I already did. Hoping for the next series to come out.

+ CosmicGummybear on August 27th, 2013 at 11:33 pm said:

Just here to voice that I too would purchase the Vita version, and plan to pick it up soon.

Also, Aaron when/if you see this, good job at giving replies. It’s good to see someone directly from the topic at hand interacting so much with those who comment. Very appreciated.

+ LovefullLotus on August 27th, 2013 at 11:43 pm said:

Thanks so much for bringing this game to the PS3 :D I don’t have a Vita, so I for one am glad that it was the PS3 version to be localized. I had this pre-ordered for a few weeks now, and I just finished it on normal. As always, amazing game! I would love if it got avatars on PSN.

+ poodude on August 27th, 2013 at 11:48 pm said:

Hello Aaron Webber! While I won’t be buying Hatsune Miku at launch (not enough cash I’m afraid), I’m glad you guys at Sega were able to bring it over here. Just another reason why Sega is one of my favourite publishers!

In any case, I’d like to throw in my vote or bringing Yakuza 5 and the Vita version of Diva F to North America and Europe. Hopefully we’ll get the HD re-release of Yakuza 1 & 2 as well ;).

+ sorabhk13 on August 27th, 2013 at 11:53 pm said:

I just wanna say one, I love the project diva games they’re fantastic and fun, hearing this is coming to N.A Means I’m buying it so, HOORAY. I love the vocaloids too soo thats fun too~
Can’t wait to get my copy~ Also like most everyone else I want a vita version, don’t get me wrong I love my ps3 but its true portability is fantastic, I can’t really play my ps3 while i’m in a car, but I can play my vita.
No matter what though, its great to see such a nice game series coming here.
This is my first time on the forum and I’m finding it crazy to see how many comments this man has gone through and commented on. Aaron, I am amazed you sir are fantastic. Keep up the fantastic work.

+ Kchow23 on August 28th, 2013 at 12:06 am said:

Vanquish 2 for PS4 would be amazing! :)

+ Kchow23 on August 28th, 2013 at 12:07 am said:

Also refreshing to see someone that takes their time to reply to a lot comments! Thanks :D

+ AguilarX on August 28th, 2013 at 12:29 am said:

whew! I got lost there for a second….its nice to get back on the topic bandwagon…right Aaron?…………..Aaron?

+ mmebwilliams on August 28th, 2013 at 2:16 am said:

Will Project Diva-F be in the United Kingdom?

+ omg_mjd on August 28th, 2013 at 3:04 am said:

Please localize the Vita version.

I already imported the Vita JP release but I’ll double-dip for an English version of PDf day one, whether it’s a cart or download-only.

BTW, I’ve never commented on this site before. That’s how important this game is to me, and to many others I’m sure. Don’t let us down. :)

+ ShoyzD on August 28th, 2013 at 4:42 am said:

What’s the deal with localizing only the console port of a predominantly handheld series?
Not that I care, easy to early-import instead.

+ Merleawe_ on August 28th, 2013 at 5:41 am said:

I’m so glad you released this game! I own the first two Psp games and was saddened when the newer games became region locked. It was an instant buy for me!

Now my one and only wish is for Hatsune Miku and Future Stars: Project Mirai to be released for the 3DS. This release gives me hope as Project Mirai is one of the ones I wanted to play the most; and japan is already on the verge of getting a sequel!

But of course; that’s up to Nintendo.

Anyway, I really hope you’ll be releasing Project f’s Sequel in the future. I’ll be waiting for it! :)

+ Merleawe_ on August 28th, 2013 at 5:45 am said:

And for the record, I actually prefer to play the game on the big screen. The handhelds are more convenient sure, but all I owned was a Ps3 and I’d rather play it on the big TV anyway.

I’m not sure why everyone is complaining. I’ve not yet met a person that even HAS a vita where I live.

+ Merleawe_ on August 28th, 2013 at 6:15 am said:

Sorry for triple comment,

But I thought I should include that with the Ps3 version it makes it possible to play with your friends! The PSVita can’t really replicate the experience of having a room full of competitive friends wildly singing and dancing to vocaloid songs. The ps3 version makes this possible, so i’m really glad!

I hope that even if you make a Vita version you’ll continue the Ps3 line of Miku imports. :3

+ UnrealSackboy on August 28th, 2013 at 7:07 am said:

Please do a simultaneous release of Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd on the Vita coming out in March of Next year!!! :D :D I originally ordered a Hatsune Miku Wifi PlayStation Vita special edition console back when this originally released but i did not get it because the online store i preordered it from said they did not get enough to fill orders but they said I could still have one for $200 MORE than I originally paid…I was like NO THANK YOU!
:( :( :(

I was soo upset and heartbroken because of that. To add to that they then continued to sell the console I ordered on their website for $750. I sent a long email to them complaining and how this is not a way to do business saying how they did not get enough to fill preorders then selling the exact same one at a $350 markup. I reported them to the BBB and kept emailing them and got one reply apologizing but nothing else. I would have expected them to sell me the console AT THE PRICE I PREORDERED IT AT and nothing else. Thats ALL I WANTED. I picked up a regular white vita but not the vita miku game.

+ JeffreyxP on August 28th, 2013 at 7:36 am said:

I don’t see why everyone is complaining about there not being a VITA version of this game. You have to remember the VITA didn’t sell that well mainly because there isn’t much games for it, take the current state of the WII U. Also, the VITA version is outdated, PS3 Project Diva F, the next installation in the series, has more songs than the VITA version Project Diva ” f “. Sure, you can go ahead and boycott the PS3 version and stomp your feet and whine but come Project Diva F 2nd releases in Japan and SEGA looks at the sale numbers and see it didn’t make a profit outside of Japan, we won’t even get the next one.
Aside from that, I’m glad it’s on the PS3 since I personally do not have a VITA and do not have any plans on picking one up anytime soon. My copy of this game is slowly coming to me because GameStop chose to ship my game using the slowest shipping method ever.

+ Aexuz on August 28th, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

We need some Project Diva avatars!

+ kmddragon on August 28th, 2013 at 8:23 am said:

You don’t see why? Let’s say they release the vita game + main dlc (which makes it exactly the same as the PS3 version) but not the PS3 port (which is the only system you have), wouldn’t you complain? There is more than the absolute numbers of owners of a platform for a game in order to succeed, otherwise the PS3 version would also have outsold the vita version in japan (with 10 times the userbase), but that did not happen (project diva fans are biased toward handhelds because that’s where the franchise is).

And it’s not really boycott, it’s just not double dipping in a platform you won’t play, a good amount of the biggest project diva fans already bough a vita and the game a year ago, and some already even double dipped on the jp PS3 version.

+ DualEdge on August 28th, 2013 at 10:35 am said:

I’m a little late to posting my comment, but a HUGE thank you to SEGA for taking a chance and bringing this wonderful gem of a game to the US/EU. It’s hard to believe that a few months ago, I didn’t know anything about this game and then I happened to download the demo from the PSN store and absolutely fell in love with it. Since then, I have been buying up Hatsune Miku products, the game’s soundtrack, and I even went as far as to import the Hori deluxe controller for the game. In any case, I hope that this is only the beginning for Hatsune Miku in the US and that a port of the VITA version is not far off so that we can get our Miku fix on the go. Thanks again!

+ vocaloid1017 on August 28th, 2013 at 10:58 am said:

I played the the demo on the Vita and it was AMAZING. Hope SEGA will release the vita version too cause this was the only reason why I bought the the PS Vita.

+ vocaloid1017 on August 28th, 2013 at 10:59 am said:

The PS3 version was OK but I prefer the vita.

+ rinnis on August 28th, 2013 at 12:09 pm said:

This game looks like a lot of fun. Too bad I don’t like the sound of vocaloid. :(

+ PrinceofXIII on August 28th, 2013 at 12:15 pm said:

man it’s a shame i didn’t pre ordered it on gamestop to get the digital goodies :(

will get this for sure this month!!!

thanks for the replies and response Aaron!!

+ lunarlight16 on August 28th, 2013 at 3:17 pm said:

Oh, wow, I’m excited to try and play this game *is her firsl time playing a Project Diva game* I think I know what I’ll save up for next paycheck.

+ dominiumundi on August 28th, 2013 at 5:46 pm said:

Thanks for this amazin japanese game . . . now please give us a PS VITA LAUNCH!!!! I love this game!!!!

+ JonRei-kun on August 28th, 2013 at 5:55 pm said:

Any chance Australia will get a boxed version too?

+ animeniac on August 28th, 2013 at 5:59 pm said:

Thank you so much SEGA for bringing this game to us! I am so very grateful that I can now play a Miku game without breaking the bank by importing. I pre-ordered my copy from gamestop at the beginning of the summer, although I wont get it until next week, those 2 exclusive costumes will more than make up for it!

P.S. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring over Yakuza 1 and 2 HD, Yakuza 5, Valkyria Chronicles 3, and PSO2! I’ve been a loyal followers of these three game series for years and I want to be able to continue their awesome stories. ^_^

+ ServantRider on August 28th, 2013 at 6:06 pm said:

Back now that I received the game! I’m really grateful that this game is localized, and I really want other good games to come over as well. However, I have to say that I’m very disappointed in some things.

The first thing that I noticed was that the manual was butchered. The JP version of the game has a beautiful 37 page full colour booklet that goes into detail about every facet of the game.

The …thing… in the localized version is 7 pages “long”, mainly consists of warranty and disclaimer notices, and has no colour. It just feels shoddy. I would easily spend another 5-10$ to receive a decent instruction manual. It makes me feel like there was TLC and passion put into the game, instead of “whats the cheapest thing we can do”.

I know everyone doesn’t feel this way, but would it perhaps be reasonable to see future localized games have limited editions with “enhanced” booklets?

PS: A -HUGE- shoutout to you (Aaron Webber) for taking the time to respond to each of these posts. I can’t even begin to say how awesome that is and I hope more companies/people follow your lead ^^