PS4-The Order

More Great Games Coming to PlayStation via Third Party Production Team

Gio Corsi's Avatar + Posted by Gio Corsi on Aug 30, 2013 // Director, Third Party Production for SCEA

Borderlands 2 on Vita

Hello Gamers,

Moments ago, Adam Boyes introduced the latest addition to the Third Party Relations family at Playstation, a new group that I get to captain called Third Party Production. The Third Party Relations team at PlayStation is well known for developing solid relationships across this industry, and this new group will work closely with our publishing partners to bring their beloved IPs to some new places. This means you’ll see even more great games on PlayStation platforms, including new IP’s, ports, and localized products. In addition, our partners who are currently in production will have us as a resource to strengthen their development process, ensuring quality and consistency on all Third Party projects.

I’m really excited for our team to explore new opportunities on behalf of PlayStation. Even though we’re brand new to PlayStation, we’ve got years of experience in this industry already under our belt. We already have a project underway, the recently announced PS Vita version of Borderlands 2. We are extremely excited to work with Iron Galaxy Studios on this project and I cannot wait to show and tell you more down the road.

I will share more with you as our adventures continue and new games are made available. In the meantime, let me know in the comments what you want to see on PlayStation (PS3, PS4, PS Vita). Or contact me on Twitter through the ingenious and mesmerizing handle of @giocorsi — original I know, but man is it solid.

Talk soon guys and keep on playing!

3,626 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2 3 73

+ kitsune8899 on August 30th, 2013 at 8:49 pm said:

Neat.

Gio Corsi's Avatar

+ Gio Corsi on September 16th, 2013 at 4:29 pm said:

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say we are listening and tabulating (phew – lots of responses). There are so many great, amazing & hilarious asks! Monumental response so far! This is the last week to get in your requests & wishes for what you want to see on PS3, PS4, PSVita & PlayStation Let me know! #BuildingTheList

+ kitsune8899 on August 30th, 2013 at 8:50 pm said:

Final Fantasy Type-0 would be a nice start.

+ Jesszman on August 30th, 2013 at 8:51 pm said:

A.N.N.E. by Gamesbymo would be great on PS4/Vita!

+ Kchow23 on August 30th, 2013 at 8:53 pm said:

Awesome! can’t wait to see more of the fruits from your work. I would love to see Hawken, The Witcher 1 & 2, Vanquish sequel from Platinum Games on PS4 and I would also back up FF Type 0 for PS Vita.

+ Kchow23 on August 30th, 2013 at 8:53 pm said:

Most importantly the ability to upgrade a sub account to a master account would be a great feature to have moving forward :)

+ BNast7 on August 30th, 2013 at 8:53 pm said:

Okami HD to Vita with touch controls.

+ TubaDude49 on August 30th, 2013 at 8:53 pm said:

An English localization of Ape Escape: Million Monkeys (PS4 would be my first priority).

+ KirAMinh on August 30th, 2013 at 8:54 pm said:

WE ALL WANT “FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0″.

+ DJnickel on August 30th, 2013 at 8:55 pm said:

Burnout 3 HD For all that is good please.

+ B-Real206 on August 30th, 2013 at 8:55 pm said:

I would love to see a grand theft auto on the Vita and an HD remaster of Skies of Arcadia on any Playstation system of your choosing.

+ chubigans on August 30th, 2013 at 8:55 pm said:

Awesome news!

+ Kchow23 on August 30th, 2013 at 8:55 pm said:

Also Bioshock for PS Vita and Titanfall although I think that one might be out of your hand until or IF the exclusivity ever runs out.

+ SupremeKai on August 30th, 2013 at 8:56 pm said:

Infantry (from SOE) remake!

+ Tidusfanboy on August 30th, 2013 at 8:56 pm said:

Final Fantasy Type-0
Tales of Hearts R
Tales of Innocence R

Those 3 would make me very happy as a jRPG gamer. =)

+ B-Real206 on August 30th, 2013 at 8:56 pm said:

One that shouldn’t be to hard and I’m AMAZED hasn’t been announced is Hot Shots Golf PS4, but I don’t think that’s third party.

+ TubaDude49 on August 30th, 2013 at 8:56 pm said:

Also, I’d love to see a PS4 Gravity Rush port/sequel.

+ DarrienEmerald on August 30th, 2013 at 8:57 pm said:

Still waiting on either of the fun Gundam games (Extreme VS and Battle Operation)… kinda harsh to have a relatively subpar (even though I loved it) Crossfire as an example and just saying the franchise won’t sell… That nice and pretty Super Robot Wars Original Generations looks really appealing too…

Also, work with Capcom on some nice Mega Man Anniversary Collections with Trophy support and such, ‘k?

+ brodtimj on August 30th, 2013 at 8:57 pm said:

FTL would be really nice on Vita.

+ whosLive_ on August 30th, 2013 at 8:57 pm said:

SHENMUE III WITH SHENMUE 1/2 HD FOR PS4!!! PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN W/ YOUR RELATIONS TO SEGA!!! I NEED THE ENDING PLZ SONY BLESS US!

+ breathofwater on August 30th, 2013 at 8:58 pm said:

please bring the vita tales of games to north america. word is they wont do it due to poor vita sales. maybe you could convince them to do it? The vita could use some amazing rpg games and they are already made! similarly one piece 2 came to vita in japan, why not here? please?! :)

+ LloydDroid12 on August 30th, 2013 at 8:59 pm said:

I’m not sure if the question involves games that are already made to be ported to PS4/PS3/Vita
or if it involves entirely new games… entirely!

+ Yuranium on August 30th, 2013 at 8:59 pm said:

The words “localized products” excite me. I’d to see more JRPGs being localized, specially for Vita. Of course any RPG would be awesome, too. I personally think the Vita is a great device for RPGs. I’ve been craving for RPGs lately for some reason.

+ whosLive_ on August 30th, 2013 at 8:59 pm said:

Also get Platinum Games on the PS4 too. Either a new IP or somehow get Nintendo to give up dat Baynoetta 2 exclusive. I really don’t want to buy a Wii U for one game :)

+ xDRAKEx777 on August 30th, 2013 at 9:00 pm said:

LEGEND OF DUNGEON!

+ TXCScorpion on August 30th, 2013 at 9:00 pm said:

What do I want on my Vita? Everything. I’ll patiently wait on that. Also IGS is doing Borderlands ehhhhh, cool stuff!

Seriously though I’ll drop more cash than a high roller in a strip club for anything going to Vita.

+ ItsNymo on August 30th, 2013 at 9:00 pm said:

Not sure if this would apply to this team specifically, but PLEASE bring the new PS3/PSVita Invizimals games (Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom/The Alliance) to America!

But either way: This new group sounds great! Hope to see even more cool, unique games to play on my PlayStation systems!

+ GStylez1980 on August 30th, 2013 at 9:00 pm said:

Great to see a specific division dedicated to getting these third-party games/ports to Playstation! I have a big interest in seeing more great games come to the Vita, by far the most underrated system on the market. I tweeted to you that I’d love to see a couple games/series appear on Vita as ports: 1) Mass Effect (like Borderlands 2, AAA games with tons of replay value), 2) PAC-Man Championship Edition (a no-brainer for a handheld with great d-pad), and XCom: Enemy Unknown (if it can be done on iOS, then I KNOW it would be fantastic on Vita, especially with the touch screen interface. Hope you guys can make some of these dreams come to reality!

+ DollowRlance on August 30th, 2013 at 9:01 pm said:

More PSVita JRPGs

Tales of Hearts R
Tales of Innocence R
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Flash
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Zero

That would be a wonderful start, I want more JRPGs.

+ Danfromumbrella on August 30th, 2013 at 9:01 pm said:

Gio, this certainly excites me and I’m glad this was announced. What would I want to see on playstation platforms. Well for sure more third party support for the Vita.

I think a brand new Bioshock experience on the Vita would be fantastic, and after that a port of the first bioshock on vita would be very cool. I also think a Resident Evil game on that system would be swell, or a port of Red Dead Redemption.

+ Alucard-XII on August 30th, 2013 at 9:03 pm said:

Requesting localization support for:

Grand Knight History
Final Fantasy Type-0
Yakuza 5
Yakuza 1&2 HD

+ whosLive_ on August 30th, 2013 at 9:04 pm said:

Oh yeah sorry for three posts in a row but we need to see that Jet Set Radio Future HD Remake or Jet Set Radio 3 for PS4/Vita. You guys should really talk to Sega in general about getting some of those old IP’s be rebooted. The best way is to start with some HD Remakes(i.e. Jet Set Radio Future HD) then lead into that new IP if it get’s enough attention(Jet Set Radio 3).

+ Potatogalaxy on August 30th, 2013 at 9:04 pm said:

Please, for the sake of arcade racing, port over Burnout 3. We’re begging for it here.

+ Selfinfliction on August 30th, 2013 at 9:06 pm said:

Excellent work from your team. Any chance we could get Tales of Innocence/Hearts localized?

+ fatdog21 on August 30th, 2013 at 9:06 pm said:

God bless sir!! U might be the man who saves vita. :)

+ G-Force08 on August 30th, 2013 at 9:07 pm said:

I know the big games will come for PS3 and PS4.

As for Vita: Less ports, more Vita exclusives from big named franchises like Final Fantasy, Grand Theft Auto, Gran Turismo, Kingdom Hearts, Digimon, Monster Hunter, and so on.

+ CvRudo on August 30th, 2013 at 9:08 pm said:

Vita needs more new games, not ported games!!!, when will you understand that???!!

+ sbf717 on August 30th, 2013 at 9:08 pm said:

Please sit down with Square Enix and work something out for Final Fantasy Type-0. Various leaks suggest they started localizing it, even recorded English voice overs, before suddenly shelving the project. Even if it’s just releasing a Vita compatible PSP version it would be a huge win for fans of Final Fantasy.

+ ninjatuned on August 30th, 2013 at 9:10 pm said:

XCOM on Vita!!!

+ BatrozX on August 30th, 2013 at 9:12 pm said:

If there is any chance you guys could give a little push to Namco on releasing the PSVITA version of One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 and helping TecmoKoei on releasing the PSVITA Warriors titles announced recently that would be greatly appreciated by me. Also Phantasy Star Online 2 would be awesome since it is Free to Play. Heck, I believe I’m asking for something less than originally asked on the post since the games I’m asking for are games already on PSVITA xD

+ rathne on August 30th, 2013 at 9:13 pm said:

Vita really needs more games. If they are exclusive experiences the better. I hope you understand that many vita owners feel somewhat let down by this years E3 and Gamescom showings. With none of the western Sony studios announcing exclusives for the vita it’s starting to feel like you guys have given up on the system. Please consider making/porting the following games ‘exclusively’ for the system. Valkyria Chronicles 3, Tekken (not Tekken Revolution, a full retail release), Alundra, Dark Cloud, Wild Arms, and Type-0. I hope our concerns are heard and taken into consideration. It’s a wonderful handheld and deserves much more support. Thank you

+ Killthee on August 30th, 2013 at 9:13 pm said:

Phantasy Star Online 2 for PS4/PSV please.

+ rathne on August 30th, 2013 at 9:14 pm said:

oh and someone else earlier mention XCOM Enemy Within would be a great fit on the vita as well.

+ Brapp347 on August 30th, 2013 at 9:14 pm said:

I second #18. FTL would be SO amazing on vita!
other things on my wishlist: reus, don’t starve, and a little game called avalanche 2.
I would play those constantly if they were on vita.

+ fatdog21 on August 30th, 2013 at 9:16 pm said:

Final fantasy type 0 hd would be great. Hell gta san andreas hd would be nice….

+ Taiko_us1983 on August 30th, 2013 at 9:17 pm said:

Bioshock vita. Is it still happening?

+ coolasj19 on August 30th, 2013 at 9:18 pm said:

Are we on ports? Can you do MGS4 maybe? ;)

+ Donjaylpz on August 30th, 2013 at 9:18 pm said:

I will gladly buy it: Kingdoms Hearts Birth by Sleep HD, Fallout, Final Fantasy Type-0, Valkyria Chronicles HD Collection and Bioshock all with trophies support

+ EJLynch on August 30th, 2013 at 9:18 pm said:

In addition to localizing FF Type-0, I’ll take Dragon Quest and Bravely Default for Vita. A port of the first Gears of War for Vita would be megaton.

Also, please bring Klonoa back.

+ Cagalli on August 30th, 2013 at 9:19 pm said:

Final Fantasy Type-0 and more JRPGs in general.

+ Sabarok on August 30th, 2013 at 9:19 pm said:

I want more RPGs. When the PS3 launched, it was several years until there was some RPGs to play and this greatly delayed not only my purchase but also my interest in buying a system. The Vita doesn’t really have much in the way of RPGs yet. The only ones I have seen have been ports of games I already own on another system. On the PS4, I haven’t seen a single announced RPG.

While I’m sure we’ll eventually see more from the Tales & Atelier series’ on the PS4 from Namco and Gust, and I don’t see NIS giving up on Playstation based SRPGs like Disgaea, I’d still like to see more games like that being offered. The PS2 is still my all-time favourite console because of the wide variety of fantastic amazing RPGs, and the PS2 sits on the shelf right next to my PS3 so that I can keep playing those great classics.

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core was the only reason I bought a PSP, and an exclusive game of that caliber might just be all I need to buy a Vita. Anything multiplatform, and I’ll just get it on the PS3/PS4.

PAGE 1 2 3 73