PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

More Great Games Coming to PlayStation via Third Party Production Team

Gio Corsi's Avatar + Posted by Gio Corsi on Aug 30, 2013 // Director, Third Party Production for SCEA

Borderlands 2 on Vita

Hello Gamers,

Moments ago, Adam Boyes introduced the latest addition to the Third Party Relations family at Playstation, a new group that I get to captain called Third Party Production. The Third Party Relations team at PlayStation is well known for developing solid relationships across this industry, and this new group will work closely with our publishing partners to bring their beloved IPs to some new places. This means you’ll see even more great games on PlayStation platforms, including new IP’s, ports, and localized products. In addition, our partners who are currently in production will have us as a resource to strengthen their development process, ensuring quality and consistency on all Third Party projects.

I’m really excited for our team to explore new opportunities on behalf of PlayStation. Even though we’re brand new to PlayStation, we’ve got years of experience in this industry already under our belt. We already have a project underway, the recently announced PS Vita version of Borderlands 2. We are extremely excited to work with Iron Galaxy Studios on this project and I cannot wait to show and tell you more down the road.

I will share more with you as our adventures continue and new games are made available. In the meantime, let me know in the comments what you want to see on PlayStation (PS3, PS4, PS Vita). Or contact me on Twitter through the ingenious and mesmerizing handle of @giocorsi — original I know, but man is it solid.

Talk soon guys and keep on playing!

3,626 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2 3 4 73

+ Stryker_X20 on August 30th, 2013 at 9:20 pm said:

Tales of Hearts R
Tales of Innocence R
Final Fantasy Type-0
The Legend of Heroes

+ Shin-Ra on August 30th, 2013 at 9:20 pm said:

Localisation – Ryu ga Gotoku/YAKUZA series (SEGA) especially any Yakuza coming to PS4.. thanks if you can make it happen!

+ jonboy_jlf_2004 on August 30th, 2013 at 9:20 pm said:

Definitely Titanfall.

Btw…such a great idea. Thank you guys for doing this!

+ RyoonZism on August 30th, 2013 at 9:22 pm said:

Final Fantasy Type-0 in English.
Tales of Hearts R, Tales of Innocence R in English.
Yakuza 5 and Valkyria Chronicles 3 in English
More JRPGs!
It’s all JRPGs!

+ Donjaylpz on August 30th, 2013 at 9:23 pm said:

And some anime’s game like One Piece Romance Dawn

+ BatrozX on August 30th, 2013 at 9:23 pm said:

Here’s a list of the games that I would love to have on the PSVITA:
-Phantasy Star Online 2
-Castle Crashers
-Torchlight
-BEAT HAZARD
-Dark Souls

Thanks.. :P

+ Nesther on August 30th, 2013 at 9:24 pm said:

Can we please get Final Fantasy Type-0 by Square Enix?

+ Donjaylpz on August 30th, 2013 at 9:26 pm said:

Final Fantasy Tactics 2
Monsters Hunters

+ Sorahl213 on August 30th, 2013 at 9:26 pm said:

Please please please check out this blog about some of the third party games that I believe should come to the Vita!! http://www.ign.com/blogs/nightwing213/2013/08/28/top-ten-games-that-the-ps-vita-should-have

the main games that I want to get across is:

FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0
“TALES OF” games (Innocence R and Hearts R)

also, Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core since it was my first PSP game that i played obsessively. It’s a gem for portable JRPGs.

Thanks, and can’t wait to see what third party games come to the Vita!

+ Daverost on August 30th, 2013 at 9:27 pm said:

Ah, good. Localization requests. When Shahid asked for some in Europe, I asked for these:
- Monster Monpiece
- Tales of Hearts/Innocence R
- Mind 0
- God Eater 2
- Phantasy Star Online 2
- Neptune PP
- Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus
- Lots of PSP games (echoing FF Type 0 here, in particular)

+ haze-BoY117 on August 30th, 2013 at 9:28 pm said:

Final Fantasy Type 0
Tales series
Valkryia Chronicles 3
Grand Knight Histroy Remake for Vita
Lost Planet EX
Yakuza games for PS4/Vita
Patapon HD vita
One piece Romance Dawn
All Psp Final fantasy game Hd ports

+ Pikmologist on August 30th, 2013 at 9:28 pm said:

I think it’s cute you fan boys want Platinum Games to make an exclusive PS4 title just because the Wii U has a few. How about they make games for every console that way we all can play them.

Anyways, Okami HD needs to release on Vita, with touch controls. I also want a new Okami game, and I would love it if Uncharted 1-3 came to the Vita as loong as they worked and were not bad ports. The Jak & Daxter Collection on Vita is awful because they tried to use the Vita’s stupid gimmicky controls and the frame rate was awful.

I want Vita ports, but they need to be GOOD Playable Vita Ports.

+ Bloodios on August 30th, 2013 at 9:28 pm said:

It would be nice if you can partner up with Valve to bring the Portal duology to the Vita. Both games seem to be really good for portable gaming. Also, the first Portal should be made available on the PlayStation Store.

+ Destiny89 on August 30th, 2013 at 9:28 pm said:

Wow this is amazing guys thank you!!
what i would love to see on PlayStation are the following games being localized for PSVita/PSP:
1- Final Fantasy Type-0
2- Valkyria chronicles 3
3- Tales of Hearts R

+ haze-BoY117 on August 30th, 2013 at 9:29 pm said:

Phantsy Star online 2 Free 2 Play on Vita

+ jlolment on August 30th, 2013 at 9:29 pm said:

General: More mech games! Gundam, Armored Core, Mechwarrior, anything!

Vita: Oblivion, more AAA shooters, more third person games, and massive memory card price drops

PS4: any games at all, but with mouse and keyboard support. PS3 games like CS:GO, Portal 2, and DUST are doing it very right.

+ MR_SCHULTZ on August 30th, 2013 at 9:29 pm said:

PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2.
It’s already on Vita and PC, so it’s a no-brainer to bring it to PS4 too.
Would make a great console exclusive! Many many people have fond memories of PSO on Gamecube, Dreamcast, and Xbox.

+ poodude on August 30th, 2013 at 9:31 pm said:

Glad Sony’s putting so much effort behind this stuff. Without further ado, here’s my list:

Ported to PS4/3/Vita:

Hard Reset (Flying Wild Hog)
Killing Floor (Tripwire Interactive)
Shelter (Might and Delight)
Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army (Rebellion)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Electronic Arts) (this one is already on iOS)
XCOM: Enemy Unknown (2K Games) (once again already on iOS and I would love a Vita release)

Localized:

Conception 2 (Spike Chunsoft)
Fate/Stay Night (Not sure of publisher/developer)
Monster Monpiece (Compile Heart)
Tales of Hearts R (Namco)
Tales of Innocence R (Namco)
Time Travelers (Level 5)

+ Xanzar on August 30th, 2013 at 9:34 pm said:

Hmm in my case I have a list of 20 loves
1. Tales of the Abyss
2. Redfaction(sure its old but it was revolutionary , in its attempt to bridge pc and console experiences)
3.Crash bandicoot(why not this is playstation people)
4. Spyro(its older but same as number 3)
5. Dacapo series
6. Cubeworld (lets be honest this game is too fun , to not ask for)
7. Key series (I.E clannad, kanon, little busters etc)
8. Codemaster games(I.E Grid, DIrt, F1)
9. Sega games( JSR:F, Sonic, Phantasy star series)
10. Capcom , and Bandai legends(Street fighter, Tekken, Souls(might be abit much to ask for))
11. Rockstargames
12. Square things (Final fantasy series, Tomb raider)
13. Mojang( Minecraft, a true minecraft port looks possible for the vita)
14.. Blizzard games
15. Dice( maybe Need for speed, and battlefield, the vita’s hardware is pretty damn badass so it seems possible)
16.Runic games (torchlight)
17. League of legends(even if its just a portal it would be nice)
18. Magica
19..Ace combat
20. Gamevil

+ Sevyne on August 30th, 2013 at 9:35 pm said:

Final Fantasy Type-0
Phantasy Star Online 2
Grand Knights History
Tales of Hearts R
God Eater 2
Torchlight 2
Legend of Heroes games

I could probably go on all day but these are pretty high on my “want” list.

+ Jamix012 on August 30th, 2013 at 9:37 pm said:

How about Oceanhorn, developped by Cornfox and Bros, or GameDev Tycoon by greenheart games.

+ Mmm_Fish_Tacos on August 30th, 2013 at 9:37 pm said:

You can start with not letting Titanfall be exclusive to the xbox 1. Please bring it to ps4, and quickly. Don’t let a year or so pass. Then I’d like to see more original games for vita. Persona 5 would be awesom, FF type 0 would be great too. And Monster hunter 4 needs to see a vita release.

+ Kamunagara on August 30th, 2013 at 9:38 pm said:

Work with Capcom to release both EX Troopers & Sengoku Basara 4 for PS3 & also localize Monster Hunter Portable 3rd for PSP & PS3 in the US & Europe. If Capcom Japan is not willing to make another MH for Sony Platforms, at least localize the one that didn’t make it over for PSP & PS3 (so Vita owners can enjoy it too!)

And also if I could pull a rabbit out of my hat, work with Activision on a new Crash Bandicoot for PS4 & Vita.

+ tylerh1701 on August 30th, 2013 at 9:41 pm said:

I mean, there’s tons of games I’d like to see on Vita. Only one that pops into my head right now is Cave Story.

+ Mjolnirs on August 30th, 2013 at 9:42 pm said:

Monaco: What’s Yours Is Mine
Endless Space
Digital versions of previously released DJMAX PSP games
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep digital
Final Fantasy Type-0
Risk of Rain
Faerie Solitaire (yes, I’m serious)
Fractal: Make Blooms Not War
X Rebirth for PS4
A new Space Invaders Extreme
Disgaea 4 Vita
Disgaea D2 Vita
New Mega Man Powered Up games developed by WayForward
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ Vita

And, if it’s somehow possible, Torchlight 2 and/or Diablo 3, both for Vita.

+ peruhandcrafts on August 30th, 2013 at 9:42 pm said:

Great to know guys.

Now, bring the Vita some love. Let’s start with qHD ports of Type-0 and Crisis Core and as many other great RPGs out there like Dragon Quest VIII, Grandia 2 and Skies of Arcadia.

Next, get some Japan Studio classic exclusives, like Patapon for example.

Getting Capcom and Konami to bring RE or Silent Hill to Vita would be awesome as well. Remember Silent Hill Origins?

Anyway. Great to know about you and all the best. As a PS3 and Vita owner (although I play a lot more on my Vita), I wish you the best.

Ps. Again (because this can not be stated enough), bring over Final Fantasy Type-0!!

+ Mjolnirs on August 30th, 2013 at 9:44 pm said:

Forgive the double post. Pretty much everything I’ve mentioned was meant to be preferably on Vita.

+ notoptimus on August 30th, 2013 at 9:44 pm said:

Portal needs to be downloadable on PS3. Another vote for Grand Knights History. And everything Final Fantasy. Localize what needs it and make it all downloadable.

+ Nikobelakhov on August 30th, 2013 at 9:45 pm said:

First time posting.

I would like to see more PS Vita games.

XCOM
Hard Corp:Uprising (Same as the PS3 version)
Beyond Good And Evil HD
Outland (Same as the PS3 version)
Baldur’s Gate 1 and 2 Enhanced Editions
Planescape Torment Enhanced Edition
Skyrim
Fallout3 / New Vegas (or a Vita exclusive)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic / KOTOR2 (HD remakes preferably)
Castlevania (a Vita exclusive)
God of War (a Vita exclusive)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (or a Vita exclusive)

If any of the games above could be made/ported for the Vita i would be over the moon. This device has made me love video games again and am really looking forward to seeing what Sony has in store.

+ wilfareus on August 30th, 2013 at 9:47 pm said:

I would love to send you a list of games :D

+ notoptimus on August 30th, 2013 at 9:48 pm said:

How could I forget to mention Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3. One of my top five favorite games. And you already made my dream come true with Borderlands on Vita.

+ RK128 on August 30th, 2013 at 9:49 pm said:

So that’s how you got 2K and Gearbox to put Borderlands 2 on Vita…. smart move Sony :)

I think it would be a good idea to space things out; get 2-4 big third parties a year and a lot of awesome indies to boot. As for possible tittles to fall under this new program, I think these games would be awesome to get on Vita:

KH Birth By Sleep
FF Type 0
COD: Ghosts
GTA V
Demons Souls
Bioshock Collection (Bio 1/2 and Infinite)
Sonic Generations
Resident Evil 4 HD

I know that’s asking for a lot, but those games would be great to have on Vita if that’s possible. Good luck with this program Sony and thank you for supporting the Vita through this :).

+ roseofmayix on August 30th, 2013 at 9:49 pm said:

Localize the following games:

Yakuza 1-2 HD (English translation already exists in the form of the PlayStation 2 versions!)
Yakuza 5
Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki Evolution (Ps Vita)

+ Kozael on August 30th, 2013 at 9:50 pm said:

If I had to throw in some random wishes

-Yakuza 5 (SEGA) localization
-new Valkyria Chronicles (SEGA) game for home consoles (PS3 or PS4) or just “remaster” VC3 to Vita/PS3/PS4
-also ask SEGA if they could buy the fan-made Streets of Rage Remake (by BomberGames) and port it to home consoles
-Power Shovel (old PS1game) from Taito, PSN release either as PS1 classic or some new version with tons of shoveling minigames
-I wish Konami would make another Suikoden game
-any chance of making another G-Police or Colony Wars game?
-simple Destruction Derby reboot/remaster (preferably with short&narrow tracks so you’d get a lot of traffic)

I bet there would be a lot more, I just recently watched a youtube video called “Top 150 Japan-only PSX Games” and some of those “hidden” gems looked sweet.

+ Stryker_X20 on August 30th, 2013 at 9:56 pm said:

Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs – Partnership with NB
Gundam Breaker – Partnership with NB

+ MilesEdgeworth on August 30th, 2013 at 9:57 pm said:

- Tales of Innocence R
– Tales of Hearts R

JRPGs in general please, there are so few :(

+ jmizzking on August 30th, 2013 at 9:58 pm said:

please please port God eater 2 i cant live without it. vita needs this game in the US ever since we got a taste from burst

+ chatoalbert on August 30th, 2013 at 9:59 pm said:

Hmmmm,lets see..From the top of my head I would say Okami, Super Hexagon, Surgeon Simulator, Mark Of The Ninja, MGS Portable Ops, Geometry Wars, God Hand. I could go on, but its late and I am kinda sleepy.

+ rpmacedo on August 30th, 2013 at 9:59 pm said:

XCOM Enemy Within
Metal Gear Ac!d 1 and 2 (PSP)
FTL

New IPs…

I like some ports, but I like to see new content exclusive for PSVita.

Keep the great work, I love my VITA and can’t wait for PS4.

+ TheStupidZebra on August 30th, 2013 at 9:59 pm said:

Oh my, I would do very desperate things for the next NBA 2K game on Vita. I feel like the Hitman games would go well on Vita. OH. TORCHLIGHT 2. :D

+ Bloodwall on August 30th, 2013 at 10:00 pm said:

X-Com Enemy Unknown – Vita – If it can be released on the ipad, it can be released on the Vita. Choose your control scheme via touch or regular controls.

Super Meat Boy – Vita – Fantastic platformer made portable. Not much more to say.

Torchlight II – Vita – Diablo 3 may be on PS3/PS4, but Torchlight II can be portable with online coop. ‘Nuff said.

Ape Escape – PS4/Vita – The first Ape Escape was phenomenal and truly showed what you can do with the Dual Shock on the original Playstation. I feel like Tearaway is that game for the Vita, but I feel that Ape Escape can be that as well with the touch pad on the DS4 and of course the touch screen on the Vita. It just makes too much sense to do this especially with the more whimsical offering from Japan Studios with Knack.

Hearthstone – Vita – It’s coming to PC, iPad, lets get it on Vita. The early beta is just fantastic.

Jumping Flash – PS4 – It’s been awhile for this franchise and it’s time for a reboot. Heck, make a super HD version of it for the PS4 in 60 FPS. Could be a lot of fun as a smaller title.

FTL – PS4/Vita – another easy sell on this one. Fantastic game on Steam already.

+ Major_Damage_88 on August 30th, 2013 at 10:00 pm said:

Valkyria Chronicles 3
Yakuza 5

via PlayStation Plus if you guys are feeling especially badass.

PLEASETHANKYOU

+ kdiep on August 30th, 2013 at 10:00 pm said:

Ugh, I keep hearing a lot of talk about how you guys got games coming, but I do not see the games. Indie games are a great addition but it shouldn’t be the center focus of the device. I really hope you guys are gonna bring some interesting games. Part of that hope is to have these franchises on the Vita (in no particular order):

Assassin’s Creed (Liberation was good!)
Resident Evil
God Of War
Grand Theft Auto
Yakuza
Silent Hill
Final Fantasy

Basically, every popular franchise that isn’t a FPS.

+ martinirage1 on August 30th, 2013 at 10:00 pm said:

Dude. The vita needs RPG’s of any form. Whether its indie or AAA titles, it desperately needs them. I would love to see a non-remake final fantasy and tales game. Something else that people have been dying to hear about is Bioshock on Vita. You guys are working with 2K to bring Borderlands right? Why not try to work in Bioshock?

I’m sure it’s difficult to support so multiple gaming platforms but I hope you guys feel like you should back up the vita for those consumers that bought it before the price drop AND of course the new guys that will buy the vita because of all the great games that will be coming out.

Thanks for listening.

+ chatoalbert on August 30th, 2013 at 10:01 pm said:

Oh, and La Mulana and also pid. And FTL.

+ unflushablelog on August 30th, 2013 at 10:04 pm said:

Please work with 2K on bringing the NBA 2K series to Vita next year. They’ve skipped the Vita two years in a row now and it’s really disappointing. I’ve been waiting for a console quality basketball game on a handheld for years… I thought I’d get that with Vita, but it still hasn’t materialized even though the system is more than capable of delivering. I’m also surprised NBA Jam hasn’t made its way to Vita, considering there’s been a decent version on Android and iOS for a while. Seems like the perfect sports game to play on the go.

Other than that, I’d like to see more triple A games in general. We’ve got some solid ones coming soon, but I’m concerned with the lack of announcements for next year. I like indies and smaller titles, but that’s not what I bought Vita for 18 months ago.

Thanks for the effort.

+ chamaqueado on August 30th, 2013 at 10:05 pm said:

Vita nees more RPGs, those were the main genre on the psp, and the main reason why the console were so good, we need Final Fantasy Type 0, Tales of Hearts R, Tales of Innocence R, Valkyria Chronicles 3, and The Legend of Heroes

+ GameDude79 on August 30th, 2013 at 10:05 pm said:

Here’s a list of games I’d like to see.

PS3:

FTL
DayZ
Natural Selection 2
Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey
Wasteland 2

+ unflushablelog on August 30th, 2013 at 10:06 pm said:

oh yeah, definitely bring a new Resident Evil game to Vita… Sony fans love that series and the vita’s dual stick controls would help make it great.

+ Flashy211 on August 30th, 2013 at 10:08 pm said: