PS4-The Order

Knack on PS4: Conversations With Creators

Nick Accordino's Avatar + Posted by Nick Accordino on Sep 03, 2013 // Associate Project Manager, SCEA

Hello, PlayStation.Blog readers. Having just announced the November 15th release date for PlayStation 4, you can imagine that it’s a very exciting time at PlayStation. We’re busy right now putting the final touches on Knack, including the drop-in/drop-out, 2-player local cooperative mode announced at Gamescom.

Knack is both fun and challenging, and is a blast to play with a second player controlling a robot version of Knack. Check out the brand new story trailer here if you haven’t already.

Mark Cerny, lead system architect for PS4, is also the creative director for Knack. And bringing Mark’s vision to life are the talented artists and developers at Japan Studio, our big internal studio in Shinagawa, Tokyo. The video above, our latest Conversations With Creators video, showcases both Mark Cerny and game producer Yusuke Watanabe, who talk about creating this next-gen character action game for PS4.

Stay tuned right here to PlayStation.Blog for more Knack and PS4 news.

26 Comments

+ snakeeyes211 on September 3rd, 2013 at 11:30 am said:

The game is paid off and so is my PS4 can’t wait to bring it home

+ Fardeenah on September 3rd, 2013 at 11:30 am said:

awesome

+ Tidushot on September 3rd, 2013 at 11:31 am said:

Looking forward to playing Knack with my girlfriend at launch. Can’t wait!

+ zaca21 on September 3rd, 2013 at 11:59 am said:

This dude is legend.

+ Barence on September 3rd, 2013 at 12:01 pm said:

The Game looks great! I love playing these games by myself but also with my kids. I look forward to picking this one up.

+ Ryumoau on September 3rd, 2013 at 12:03 pm said:

Game looks interesting. I’ll try it if its under $20.

+ AriesWarlock on September 3rd, 2013 at 12:05 pm said:

I really like this conversation with the creators videos, I hope they do them more often until the end of time.

+ helbertpina on September 3rd, 2013 at 12:15 pm said:

This game will be a blast to play with my kids (and it will help me convince my wife buying a PS4 will be awesome for everyone, not just me!)

+ AizawaYuuichi on September 3rd, 2013 at 12:32 pm said:

So excited for the PS4 and Knack! The last trailer you guys released that showed both gameplay and story convinced my friend that this was a Day One buy, so great job with that! You’ve had me convinced since PS Meeting 2013. :)

+ WoodSpirit99 on September 3rd, 2013 at 12:34 pm said:

Some folks have the right to be called Genius, and Cerny deserves that title.

+ remanutd5 on September 3rd, 2013 at 12:55 pm said:

Hey Nick its Rene from twitter, dude i have Knack, Killzone Shadow Fall and ps4 pre ordered already, cant wait to play Knack.

+ Metalsonic_69 on September 3rd, 2013 at 1:11 pm said:

If this game actually has decent gameplay and challenging level design on Hard, I might pick it up eventually. So far it’s looked a bit generic.

+ paulogy on September 3rd, 2013 at 1:16 pm said:

Mark, please record more videos in Japanese with subtitles! I’m serious, this is fun.

I think it reminds me of classic titles, before regionalization was so common…

+ MmaFanQc on September 3rd, 2013 at 1:32 pm said:

thats it, im getting the game on launch, i wasnt sure at first but now im decided, look really awesome.

+ atanascovich on September 3rd, 2013 at 2:04 pm said:

Why the enemies need to disappear after defeated? For lack of memory?

+ Cloud_X1 on September 3rd, 2013 at 2:12 pm said:

Mark Cerny is so AWESOME! This is who I want to be.

+ JROD0823 on September 3rd, 2013 at 3:27 pm said:

I’ll buy Knack on the PS Store once I have my PS4 up and running on Nov 15.

This game looks very good, and it’s nice to see some games featuring a throwback mentality towards their gameplay.

Kids today have no clue what they missed out on in the 80′s and 90′s.

A crap ton of awesome stuff, and not just games. :)

+ JaguarCRO on September 3rd, 2013 at 4:06 pm said:

I got to play this game at PAX Prime and it was a great game. Knack has become my most anticipated PS4 Launch title.

+ tusunami on September 3rd, 2013 at 4:22 pm said:

This looks like a most interesting game indeed, this warrants more investigation!!!!!!!!!!

+ XeahuleXolic on September 3rd, 2013 at 6:23 pm said:

Mark is a true legend thank you for giving us a Knack, I can’t wait to get my ps4 and Knack \m/

+ swimquick on September 3rd, 2013 at 7:10 pm said:

Mark Cerny is multilingual? Is there anything that this guy CAN’T do? I was watching the behind-the-scenes stuff in Ratchet and Clank HD and noticed him in it. He is responsible for, like, almost all of my favorite games. Jak and Daxter: TPL was my first console video game. So I guess what I’m getting at here is that I’m a fan of Mr. Cerny’s games and will be purchasing Knack. Nice job, guys!

+ EggySong85 on September 4th, 2013 at 7:49 am said:

Not only is it strange just to see Mark speaking so fluently in Japanese, I think it’s been the first time I’ve seen a foreigner using Japanese on a game promo video like this. Actually makes me happy. I see so many Japanese folk working really hard and using really good English, but I seldom see foreigners standing out in Japanese media that aren’t just meant to be a goofy entertainment fix.

+ quasenadaaocubo on September 4th, 2013 at 8:58 am said:

will watch in my tube

+ US_ARMY on September 4th, 2013 at 11:47 am said:

The PS4 is my Girlfriends first home console that she is purchasing, and this is her first game. She is super excited as she loves the cute look of the game, and I believe is the perfect starting game for her. I also cannot wait to dive deeper into it. I highly enjoyed playing it at the GameStop EXPO.

+ Elvick_ on September 4th, 2013 at 3:17 pm said:

Can’t wait to play this game.