PS4-The Order

PlayStation Blogcast 087: PAX Attacks

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Sep 04, 2013 // Senior Manager, Social Media

Subscription Links:

• Download the MP3 here on PS3, PS Vita or PC (Right-Click->Save As)

Okay, I’ll fess up. I’m late. But at least our long-awaited live PAX show is finally here, in portable (and re-listenable!) form. PlayStation Vice President of Developer and Publisher Relations Adam Boyes and Retro City Rampage creator Brian Provinciano join us to talk PAX favorites, new releases for September 3rd, and tips for breaking into gaming. Then: Nick kicks off the ultimate Mystery Theme gauntlet of the gods. It’s a show you can’t miss…even though I very nearly did. Enjoy!

Send us questions and tips: blogcast@playstation.sony.com

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Justin Massongill

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Adam BoyesOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Brian Provinciano

The Cast

20 Comments

+ PrimeroIncognito on September 4th, 2013 at 7:27 pm said:

Provinciano is a genius. Looking forward to his next project.

+ trinigamer101 on September 4th, 2013 at 7:39 pm said:

time too download and listen, more goodies from PAX13, up next TGS 2013, good luck Sid and friends :)

+ Mighty_Paulo on September 4th, 2013 at 8:14 pm said:

Aw man, I’ll miss Powerhouse in this one.
Regardless, I’m I’ll have some amazing stuff to hear on my way to work tomorrow morning.
Keep up the good job, crew! Cheers =D

+ U_NO_HOO on September 4th, 2013 at 11:13 pm said:

Great blogcast you guys! You answered some questions I had myself, like the one about how you should go about getting into social media or community management. I haven’t looked too deeply into what spelunky is, but you guys made it sound awesome so ill check it out. Also I wasn’t expecting much out of diablo 3 on consoles but now I’m intrigued. Keep up the good work guys!

+ WowUrTall on September 5th, 2013 at 4:58 am said:

Wish you guys did a video…

+ Azman007 on September 5th, 2013 at 6:23 am said:

m very upset how i cannot play ps4 on my sub account. You have to have playstation plus to play online on ps4 and sub accounts can’t. Will there be a way to upgrade to a master account for ps4? or atleast be allowed psplus? im 18 now and want to play ps4 online! Please reply!

+ Brotha56 on September 5th, 2013 at 7:17 am said:

I just found this podcast a week ago. I can’t believe I managed to not find it before. It is a great listen, please keep making them.

+ TwinDad on September 5th, 2013 at 7:49 am said:

GReat live blogcast.

The mystery theme was great even though I didn’t get one of them at all.

+ Barence on September 5th, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

Awesome jobs guys. Thanks for answering my email. It was weird to here my name said all the sudden. Thanks for the tips and advice. Keep up the great work.

+ JKar275 on September 5th, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

In a future podcast, can you please interview someone that can provide details on how to upgrade the PS4′s HDD?

+ krae_man on September 5th, 2013 at 12:14 pm said:

I don’t know if I should listen to this. That jerk krae_man asked a question and I can’t stand that guy!

+ avatarguy on September 5th, 2013 at 3:34 pm said:

This episode sounds like you guys recored in a fish bowl.

+ PharmBoY044 on September 5th, 2013 at 4:22 pm said:

Not that bad for your first PAX panel but maybe next time don’t read out emails in front of a live crowd. Use that time to take more questions from your fans. That’s the reason why you were there. To acknowledge and entertain your fans.

Also, the fan question about having the capability to changing PSNID’s, everyone wants this. If not at launch of the PS4, can you at least try to get this feature soon? People are willing to pay $10 a pop for changing their PSNID.

+ viceforce on September 5th, 2013 at 6:20 pm said:

LOL went Nick Stutter said “You were really smart if you played this” I immediately said Intelligent Cube. Damn I could’ve won that Metal Gear Solid Limited Edition

+ moecage on September 5th, 2013 at 6:21 pm said:

As much as i love you guys and all the hard work you do, i just could not listen to the show. the audio fading in and out hurt my ears.

+ viceforce on September 5th, 2013 at 6:40 pm said:

New York Comic Con is a month away. Please come to NYCC and do a live Blogcast on Thursday. I will really love to meet you guys.

+ TwinDad on September 6th, 2013 at 8:09 am said:

I just wanted to say that I would like to see Pixel Junk Inc on the PS4 if Sony was able to work out something beneficial with Pixeljunk.

+ MAABAB on September 6th, 2013 at 5:11 pm said:

Nice work guys but I did have a question. Are the ideas being submitted through the PS.Blog.Share still being reviewed by the SCEA? I ask this because it seems that the last idea that was dealt with by an SCEA representative was from December 2011. It just seems somewhat sad that there are plenty of ideas but it doesn’t seems that anyone is responding to the ideas being placed on the PS.Blog.Share.

+ BlueBl1zzard on September 6th, 2013 at 8:19 pm said:

I really enjoyed this blogcast guys, good job on your first live panel-cast. Shout out to Justin for mentioning DJ Max Technika tune! I love that game (although it gets progressively more difficult). I only have one question at the moment and it’s the same as MAABAB’s above: Are you guys going to implement any more of the PS Blog Share ideas? It hasn’t been updated in a WHILE, and I (as well as many others) had/have some ideas and suggestions we’d like to see get done.

+ narutofanO6 on September 7th, 2013 at 1:48 pm said:

any chance divekick goes into the instant game collection missed out on the sale