PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Puppeteer Takes Over San Francisco

David Bull's Avatar + Posted by David Bull on Sep 06, 2013 // Associate Product Manager, SCEA

Last night we brought the dark and magical theatre of Puppeteer to the streets of San Francisco. What an event! We had a great crowd joining us to see the bizarre and wondrous world of Puppeteer.

Puppeteer Winners

Volunteers from the crowd jumped on stage to put their own spin on Kutaro’s adventure. We saw Kutaro donning multiple puppet heads and taking on General Rat and General Dog from the Moon Bear King’s army.

There were so many great moments, but one of my favorite improvisations was when General Rat grabbed an item from his/her purse to attack Kutaro. To understand what I mean, watch the video below!

So many delightful and hilarious moments came out of last night’s performances! You can watch all of them here.

We had a playable kiosk so everyone could get their hands on the game. PlayStation fans were able to take a Puppeteer-themed photo while the best on-stage performers won a limited edition art book.

Reviews are hitting today and we couldn’t be prouder of Studio Japan’s Puppeteer.

This is your last weekend to pre-order Puppeteer before its release and there are a two ways to get it.

1. In-store
  2. Download from PlayStation Store
    • For the final week before launch, you can pre-order Puppeteer on PlayStation Store and get an exclusive theme for your PS3.
    • We’re also offering a 10% discount to PlayStation Plus members who pre-order!

Puppeteer is coming out Tuesday, September 10th for $39.99 in the U.S. and Canada.

21 Comments

+ G-Force08 on September 6th, 2013 at 5:33 pm said:

Nice. It’s too bad that this game isn’t being marketed much otherwise. I have been trying to tell as many people as I can about this game for the past year, urging them to get it. Unfortunately, I don’t think my efforts have been worth much.

I’ll still be picking up my copy bright and early Tuesday morning along with Killzone: Mercenary and Kingdom Hearts HD.

I really wish more people knew about this game. These new creative games are the games that need the most support from gamers. Welp… I can’t say I didn’t try. But I’m a nobody that can’t do much anyway.

Hopefully the game does decently.

+ JumpMan33 on September 6th, 2013 at 5:43 pm said:

I hope Puppeteer and Tearaway do well, these games need a Saturday morning cartoon or something to help raise awareness on these awesome looking new IPs.

+ MKPACK on September 6th, 2013 at 6:08 pm said:

I love what I’ve seen of this game. Just plain fun. I hope Sony brings it to the Vita and PS4.

+ zarzar5 on September 6th, 2013 at 6:32 pm said:

That was….special.

+ fredster90 on September 6th, 2013 at 6:50 pm said:

Wow a lot of people have playstation plus now…awesome!!!

+ EddyC__ on September 6th, 2013 at 6:55 pm said:

Doesn’t the Playstation Store preorder get the theatrical pack as well? I remember a blog post from some one confirmed that the PSN would get the theatrical pack well, and all I see is a theme. What happened?

+ EddyC__ on September 6th, 2013 at 7:00 pm said:

At the same time EU PSN Store get its. Do we get at launch or not all?

+ navcomm81 on September 6th, 2013 at 7:12 pm said:

Got review copies of this and Killzone Mercenary arriving on Monday…. pretty excited to play both of them.

+ siriusbee on September 6th, 2013 at 7:16 pm said:

That event looks like a lot of fun =)

+ Malpractice on September 6th, 2013 at 10:27 pm said:

If this game plays as well as it looks I might not be able to control myself and end up buying it twice.

+ Kchow23 on September 7th, 2013 at 12:38 am said:

Does the PSN preorder get the Theatrical bonus as well?

+ Kchow23 on September 7th, 2013 at 12:39 am said:

Mick Perona on June 5th, 2013 at 8:48 am said:
“Hi ShadiWulf – Yep! You’ll be able to preorder on PSN in the coming weeks to get the Theatrical Pack! The Theatrical Pack is only available to those that preorder though, so make sure you preorder at your favorite retailer soon, or on PS Store when the digital pre-order comes available.”

+ Kchow23 on September 7th, 2013 at 12:40 am said:

The game looks amazing! Really debated on buying it or Rayman Legends since they both look great and seem to have gameplay down as well.

+ front_line_-lp- on September 7th, 2013 at 4:57 am said:

I really want to play this game … on my vita!

+ GoldenShaka on September 7th, 2013 at 7:08 am said:

No, no and no, guys. PSstore does not include the theatrical pack. I think this Blog is clear about it. I remember that i could understand when they didn’t include the Ranger mode in Metro LL for preorder, but in this case is basically a Sony game and the theatrical pack is fully digital (no cd soundtrack), so it’s kinda weird that they didn’t include in PS store. So, you want the preorder pack go to a participant retailer now. The game looks really amazing :) Regards.

+ iREVOLTER on September 7th, 2013 at 8:40 am said:

Why the hell US Digital version doesn’t get Theatrical Pack ?! Just a fcking Theme? Really SCEA is screwing us one more, because SCEE is offering Theatrical Pack with Digital Pre-Orders; even Gavin Moore // Art Director, SCE Worldwide Studios told back in June that everyone will get the Pack with Pre-Orders, be it Digital or Physical.

Please explain yourselves!

+ SmokeAdellic on September 7th, 2013 at 1:33 pm said:

Does the playstation store version have stereoscopic 3DTV support like the retail version?

+ abitha on September 7th, 2013 at 1:58 pm said:

Sadly if the Theatrical pack is not included with PSN preorders I see no real incentive to buy it now and I’ll likely be waiting until it hits the $20 mark.

+ U_NO_HOO on September 7th, 2013 at 11:08 pm said:

Lol that looked like fun, and so does this game. I’m sure ill pick it up somewhere down the line.

+ AizawaYuuichi on September 8th, 2013 at 10:56 am said:

Every time I read an article about this game and see the name “Moon Bear King”, it always makes me think of “man bear pig” from South Park…. I can’t be the only one, right?

Love the look of this game, but won’t be grabbing it at launch. I’ll try and pick it up soon, though.

+ Welmosca on September 9th, 2013 at 11:58 am said:

Oh man I want that artbook so bad…..must be pure awesomeness….Puppeteer is a masterpiece already….I cant wait for it…tomorrow…finally.