Minecraft PS4

The PlayStation Recap – What We’re Reading

Justin Massongill's Avatar + Posted by Justin Massongill on Sep 08, 2013 // SCEA Social Media Specialist

Aaaaaand we’re back with another refreshing Recap.

This was a heavy week for new releases — Diablo III, Rayman Legends, Kickbeat, Brothers and more are ready for downloadin’ on PlayStation Store. Better get to it too; we’re inching ever closer to Grand Theft Auto V, and PS4′s November 15th launch will be upon us before we know it.

On PS.Blog this week, we saw 14 minutes of new Watch_Dogs free-roaming gameplay, our old chum Fred interviewed the lovable Shuhei Yoshida about PS4′s user interface and social features, Bungie stopped by to spill some more details on Destiny (and to issue a heartfelt thank you to the fans), I finally got to play Transistor, one of my most anticipated PS4 games, we looked back on 15 years of Metal Gear Solid, the Driveclub team showed us some sweet 1080p footage from the upcoming PS4 racer, and more.

I’ve been lucky enough to be playing Puppeteer for a few days now, and I can vouch for the reviews that have been trickling out — it’s fantastic. This game just oozes spirit and character. I’ve also been prone to spontaneous Spelunky runs, thanks to its availability on PS3 and PS Vita. It takes a few runs for it to really suck you in, but once it has there’s no looking back. Any remaining gaming gaps have been predictably filled by Saints Row IV. Because come on.

What are you playing this weekend?

• I’m playing: Spelunky, Puppeteer, Saints Row IV
  • I’m watching: The Office, Breaking Bad
  • I’m listening to: Shigeto, The Seatbelts

What We’re Reading

This Week’s Top 10 Posts

Most-Watched Video of the Week

14 Comments

+ Sonicfan11589 on September 8th, 2013 at 1:03 pm said:

I’m playing Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate, and i am anxiously awaiting for The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD in 12 days. YAY!

+ D-Squad3 on September 8th, 2013 at 1:50 pm said:

Just waiting for TGS.

+ deadendblues on September 8th, 2013 at 1:52 pm said:

Playing kick beat umvc3
Watching cards vs pirates
Listening the new Julie ruin
Reading feed, swing hammer swing

+ deadendblues on September 8th, 2013 at 1:52 pm said:

Shout out to the cowboy bebop sound track

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on September 8th, 2013 at 1:53 pm said:

Yes to gta5 & watch dog I pre-order both games how about Fallout3 game for the PSN plz

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on September 8th, 2013 at 1:55 pm said:

Fallout3 for the psn this week plz

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on September 8th, 2013 at 2:05 pm said:

thinks for putting Diablo3 on the psn love it

+ PsychoSploosh69 on September 8th, 2013 at 2:14 pm said:

I’m playing: Saints Row IV (Awesome game Justin), Hot Shots Gol: WI PS3.
I’m watching: Breaking Bad, Hell On Wheels, Low Winter Sun.
I’m listening to: latest blocast.

Excited for GTA V like many of you. 9 more days. Can’t wait!

+ Sgt_0951 on September 8th, 2013 at 2:25 pm said:

I’m playing Diablo III when I’m not working my two jobs.

Gonna be really tough once GTA V comes out in 9 days.

+ ossiecastro5 on September 8th, 2013 at 2:48 pm said:

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 this Tuesday!

+ xClayMeow on September 8th, 2013 at 3:10 pm said:

You should be reading these and making these games happen:

ign.com/blogs/claymeow/2013/09/02/the-top-five-first-party-vita-exclusives-that-have-to-happen

ign.com/blogs/claymeow/2013/09/05/the-top-five-third-party-vita-exclusives-that-have-to-happen

Show some Vita love!

+ dodgedoors on September 8th, 2013 at 5:56 pm said:

Watching: Walter White, SNF, Animation Domination

Playing: Hot Shots Vita-up to 65% of trophies and 28 crowns wooooooo, about to start either ME2 or Jak 1
(any suggestions?)

Reading: “Horns” Joe Hill (Stephen King’s son)

sony press conference tonight at 2am est. 11 pacific english simulcast I know is on eu blog according to IGN.

+ StormTimber on September 8th, 2013 at 6:27 pm said:

Rayman legends on vita is INCREDIBLE, MAN! i love these types of animated side scrollers!

+ PHEEliNUX on September 9th, 2013 at 6:56 am said:

I’m playing: Nothing at the moment, Not sure if i will play anything soon, But it could be any of Chaos Code, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Fire Emblem: Awakening or Disgaea 4

I’m watching: ReviewTechUSA Youtube videos, And considering watching either Carnival Phantasm or Psycho-Pass

I’m listening to: Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi ending theme