PS4 - Destiny

Infamous: Second Son Pre-order Bonuses Revealed

Cristian Cardona's Avatar + Posted by Cristian Cardona on Sep 09, 2013 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, Software Marketing

The PlayStation 4 launch is almost-kind-of-near-but-still-3 months-away, and we hope you’re excited for it as much as many of us are over here. If you caught word of how things went at Gamescom and PAX, we had a lot of great news and announcements — particularly the tease of a brand new power and reveal of a new character for Infamous Second Son! Coming early next year, the team over at Sucker Punch Productions is excited to keep talking to you about the game over the next few months, and show you even more leading up to our launch.

Speaking of more, we decided to pack in even more Infamous news this month with the announcement of our pre-order offering for Infamous Second Son!

We’re happy to announce these exclusive vests, designed by Seattle locals Penny Arcade, the good folks over at iam8bit, San Diego street artist Exist 1981, and artista y disenadora, Jos! The entire set is available exclusively via pre-order of Infamous Second Son at participating retailers. Check out the designs in greater detail below!

inFAMOUS Second Son: EXIST VestinFAMOUS Second Son: iam8bit Vest

inFAMOUS Second Son: JOS VestinFAMOUS Second Son: Penny Arcade Vest

These will only be available via pre-order, so be sure to get yours in before the game comes out early next year, and don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more Infamous content and news!

PAGE 1 2

+ Ryumoau on September 9th, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

Not a fan at all of the new hero. Looks even more generic than Cole was. But as long as the gameplay is as great as the first two games were, i’m in.

+ Jesszman on September 9th, 2013 at 9:05 am said:

Will these be available if we pre-order on PSN?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on September 9th, 2013 at 9:55 am said:

We’ll have more info on that at a later date.

+ SlyCooperFan100 on September 9th, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

Is that it? No reason for me to pre-order. Hopefully some others will enjoy these skins.

+ chev327flatout on September 9th, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

@1…. Cole was generic when we first met him. The reason this one seems so is we have built up with Cole, we have not played as Delson yet. We need to wait and see it all.

+ Cyris on September 9th, 2013 at 9:11 am said:

The iam8bit vest looks sweet.

Will there be a Collectors Edition with a real life version of Delsin’s vest/beanie to go with our Cole backpacks from the inFamous 2 CE? :)

+ MakoSOLIDER on September 9th, 2013 at 9:14 am said:

That’s it…

+ WRREAL on September 9th, 2013 at 9:15 am said:

less clothes please!

+ chavez1138 on September 9th, 2013 at 9:17 am said:

I don’t like the “hero” eighter and it does look fun… more than previous InFamous

+ Deraj7 on September 9th, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

Eh. The game game still looks sweet though.

+ chavez1138 on September 9th, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

It’s seems like I’ll be waiting for the first price cut or sale to get this game… I’ll be kind of broke with so many good games ahead

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on September 9th, 2013 at 9:57 am said:

You can just…..uh, not buy the other ones and get inFAMOUS Second Son instead?

+ ERC1980 on September 9th, 2013 at 9:21 am said:

I want a collectors edition!

+ NoGodsOnlyMan on September 9th, 2013 at 9:21 am said:

just announce the collectors edition so i can pre order :)

+ JKar275 on September 9th, 2013 at 9:21 am said:

What about offering a discount to PS Plus members who pre-order the digital downloadable version from the PS Store?

That would be much more appreciated than some silly in-game vests.

+ wyvernsword on September 9th, 2013 at 9:23 am said:

Add a BioShock Infinite vest.

+ snakeeyes211 on September 9th, 2013 at 9:27 am said:

When is the game coming out release date?

+ IzoGray on September 9th, 2013 at 9:27 am said:

These vests are a joke. They should have more to do with the Playstation universe if you wanted to get people excited to pre order.

+ whatisdelicious on September 9th, 2013 at 9:28 am said:

I would have expected better from Penny Arcade, but that one from Jos is white-hot.

+ FearMonkey on September 9th, 2013 at 9:32 am said:

Well, I’ve had it pre-ordered since pre-orders were available because I love Sucker Punch and all their games.

However, I’m curious as to why Penny Arcade is designing a vest considering they’re total XBots and hate the PS3.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on September 9th, 2013 at 9:58 am said:

They’re not XBots – good guys and Seattle locals so we definitely wanted them in on this =)

+ whatisdelicious on September 9th, 2013 at 9:36 am said:

I don’t really want pre-order bonuses to still be a thing next-generation though, so I don’t know that I’ll pre-order. Really tired of that trend.

+ U_NO_HOO on September 9th, 2013 at 9:36 am said:

If I wasn’t already preordering these wouldn’t entice me to do so lol the iam8bit design is the best one though

+ FearMonkey on September 9th, 2013 at 9:37 am said:

@19 – I’ll still pre-order when I deem it necessary, but I’m not going to choose one retailer over the other based on who gets what. I’ll stick with Amazon because I have Prime and that’s pretty much it. *shrug*

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on September 9th, 2013 at 9:58 am said:

You’ll get all four with your pre-order at any participating retailer, so I think you’ll be good.

+ Alexx-NY on September 9th, 2013 at 9:46 am said:

I will buy this game the day it comes out, no doubt.
Because it is Infamous and it’s from Sucker Punch.
But these pre-order items are a bit lame and certainly no reason for pre-ordering (for me at least).

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on September 9th, 2013 at 9:56 am said:

I actually applaud Sony & Sucker Punch for offering meaningless costumes as the pre-order bonuses. I always hate retailer-specific bonuses, where you feel like you need to buy the game from 4 different places to collect the weapons, power-ups, and missions that should have been included in the main game anyway.

I don’t really have any interest in costumes, but that’s sort of why it’s a good choice. In this situation, you literally get a “bonus” for pre-ordering. You’re not getting stiffed out of actual content just because you bought from the “wrong” store.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on September 9th, 2013 at 10:44 am said:

We definitely didn’t want to strip any content out to get your pre-order. Thanks for recognizing that!

+ EruditionalLies on September 9th, 2013 at 9:59 am said:

Not sure why so many people are against pre-ordering. It’s not like you’re signing a contact our paying extra.

+ AndreaB on September 9th, 2013 at 10:05 am said:

Will Pre-order ONLY if available on PSN – I will not buy a disk anymore!

+ dh4645 on September 9th, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

i’ll play the game at some point since i loved the 1st 2, but to me, this is not a reason to preorder

+ FearMonkey on September 9th, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

@Cristian re:all four extras with all pre-orders – okay, that’s awesome. Thanks. :)

+ AizawaYuuichi on September 9th, 2013 at 10:10 am said:

Already have it pre-ordered and paid off. inFAMOUS is probably my personal favorite franchise on the PS3, so when I saw a new entry for PS4, I knew I had to have it. I’m liking the look of Jos’s vest design, but the iam8bit vest is pretty sweet, too. Definitely see myself alternating between all of these as I play the game early next year. Can’t wait!

+ diablo103 on September 9th, 2013 at 10:10 am said:

For starters I’m preordering this game regardless of preorder goodies. However I must say that these preorder bonuses are lame…. This was a total waste of a blog post as its not exciting at all… Better luck next time!

+ Mando44646 on September 9th, 2013 at 10:31 am said:

I was very meh on the first 2, but this one looks a lot better! Too bad its not a launch game

+ MushThePainter on September 9th, 2013 at 10:34 am said:

Most anticipated PS4 game right here

+ ElektroDragon on September 9th, 2013 at 10:41 am said:

Thank you for refuting #18. And #1, are you kidding me? He looks like a total Seattle Badass!

+ lisatsunami on September 9th, 2013 at 10:46 am said:

I echo those who ask for a Collector’s Edition! I believe this IP can support that. A steel case, an art book, a music CD would be welcome. But don’t worry, I’ll pre-order no matter what.

+ Biggz124 on September 9th, 2013 at 10:46 am said:

WHEN DOES IT RELEASE?!

GIVE US A DATE.

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on September 9th, 2013 at 1:40 pm said:

WE WILL. JUST NOT TODAY.

+ FearMonkey on September 9th, 2013 at 10:57 am said:

@32 – if they’re not XBots then why can’t I play On the Rainslick Precipice of Darkness Part 3 on PS3 even though I have Parts1 and 2 on PS3?

+ djsaiyan on September 9th, 2013 at 11:00 am said:

@35

Have a word with Zeboyd Games about that, they’re the ones who developed it.

+ FearMonkey on September 9th, 2013 at 11:04 am said:

@36 – Okay, I will. Do you have their phone number? :P

+ djsaiyan on September 9th, 2013 at 11:10 am said:

@37

Their website is http://zeboyd.com/

Let them know you want them to release ALL their games on Sony consoles. Breath of Death and Cthulhu Saves The World are both totally awesome too.

+ snakeeyes211 on September 9th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

Is the game coming out of February?

+ snakeeyes211 on September 9th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

Is the game coming out in February?

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on September 9th, 2013 at 11:21 am said:

@ Cristian Cardona RE: #23

I forgot to mention that I was pre-ordering anyway, regardless of bonuses. I love the Infamous series, and I really wish this was a PS4 launch title!

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on September 9th, 2013 at 1:40 pm said:

Great! Glad to hear that =)
    I’ll be worth the wait.

+ D-Squad3 on September 9th, 2013 at 11:41 am said:

PLEASE make a Collector’s Edition!!!

I want a Delsin Figurine!!!

+ SlyCooperFan100 on September 9th, 2013 at 11:43 am said:

@23 and reply: Yeah, but I think the point that I, at least, was trying to make is that, regardless of the type of content, these vests are kind of lame. The pre-order bonus skins for InFAMOUS 2 (Reaper, Sly’s Cane, Caveman Club, Samurai Sword, and 24K Gold Amp) were very very cool, and I constantly switch between them when I play because they’re so awesome. But these? Like I said, I hope others will enjoy them, and so far it looks like a few people are interested. But this is no reason for me to pre-order.

+ luiz0XD on September 9th, 2013 at 11:43 am said:

I hope this means unlock-able clothes in game, not just pre-order bonus.

+ tusunami on September 9th, 2013 at 11:57 am said:

I must say this pre-order compared to infamous2 is lackluster. Now Infamous2 that was a collector’s ed i understand but hopefully there’s more. Because the incentive to pre-order as it stands is not enough.

+ tusunami on September 9th, 2013 at 12:00 pm said:

Also take note what Batman Arkham Orgins is doing or for that matter all the Batman games.

+ IcedDice777 on September 9th, 2013 at 12:07 pm said:

Like some of my fellow gamers…I’ll preorder once a Collectors Edition is announced.

A Delsin figure would look just awesome next to my Cole, Nathan, Lara, Kratos, Joel and Ellie, chimera, Pip boy, Sackboy swag! Please make a Collection Edition happen.

+ KazeEternal on September 9th, 2013 at 12:19 pm said:

Pre-ordered it ages ago. Only concerned with it competing with my PS3 games for time.

+ goldcoin on September 9th, 2013 at 12:49 pm said:

Will you be able to pre order ps4 launch games on PSN so when the ps4 releases you can just download and play?

Cristian Cardona's Avatar

+ Cristian Cardona on September 9th, 2013 at 1:41 pm said:

We’ll have more info on that later.

+ zombie9 on September 9th, 2013 at 1:00 pm said:

no one has PS4’s for preorder any more so I don’t think I personaly will preorder it. but will check it out in 2014..

PAGE 1 2