PS4-Infamous

PS Plus: Galaga Legions DX Free for Members, Call of Duty Discounts

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Sep 09, 2013 // Sr. Community Specialist

Prepare to destroy some aliens — Galaga Legions DX can be downloaded for free with Instant Game Collection access this week. This arcade classic shoot-‘em-up pits you against waves of aliens called Galaga, but they’re basically space bees (“NOOOOOO! NOT THE BEES!!!!”). PS Vita Summer Select is ending this week with Dragon Fantasy Book II, the sequel to, you guessed it, Dragon Fantasy Book I. Finally, there’s a ton of Call of Duty content on sale, including Modern Ware & Black Ops bundles, so check it out.

These PS Plus benefits will be available after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, 9/10.

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

Instant Game Collection

Galaga Legions DX (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $9.99

Galaga
The legendary hit arcade shooter returns with Galaga Legions DX! Featuring a new twist on the classic gameplay, slick new graphics and devastating weapon power-ups, the fate of the galaxy lies in your hands! Board your fighter and prepare to defend Earth from wave after wave of relentless aliens. Target your enemies’ critical weak spots to earn bonuses and rack-up an astronomical score! Blast your way through unique levels and epic boss battles on your mission to defend the galaxy and prevent an intergalactic catastrophe!

Discounts

Dragon Fantasy Book II (PS3 & PS Vita)

PS Plus Price: $11.99, Regular Price: $14.99 – PS Vita Summer Select Sale

Dragon Fantasy II
Join Ogden and the heroes of Westeria in the JRPG-styled epic Dragon Fantasy: Book II, as they travel the frozen wastelands of Tundaria. Experience action-packed battles without random encounters, using spatially aware Area-of-Effect attacks and power moves. Travel by pirate ship and defend against enemies in thrilling ship-to-ship combat! Defeat huge bosses and the oncoming horde of demons who threaten the entire world of Dragon Fantasy!
Doodle God (PS Vita)

PS Plus Price: $4.49, Regular Price: $5.99

Doodle God
Be a God! The power of creation is in your hands! In this addictive puzzle game, mix and match different combinations of fire, earth, water and air to create an entire civilization! Of course, the universe was not created in a day. You’ll have to work your way up from a single, simple microorganism to create animals, tools, storms, and even build armies before you have what it takes to build the universe!
Aliens: Colonial Marines (PS3)
Aliens
In partnership with Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products and developed by critically acclaimed studio Gearbox Software, Aliens: Colonial Marines will bring new levels of bone-chilling suspense and adrenaline-filled action to the renowned franchise. The game pits players against the universe’s ultimate alien killing machines, the Xenomorphs, in claustrophobic environments guaranteed to produce blood curdling thrills.

Title PS Plus Price Regular Price
Aliens: Colonial Marines $8.99 $14.99
Aliens: Colonial Marines Ultimate Bundle $17.99 $29.99
Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Bundle Pack $8.99 $14.99
Aliens: Colonial Marines Big Hunt DLC $3.75 $7.49
Aliens: Colonial Marines – Stasis Interrupted $3.75 $7.49
Aliens: Colonial Marines Reconnaissance Pack $2.50 $4.99
Aliens: Colonial Marines Movie Map Pack $2.50 $4.99

We’ll be back next week with more details on the game arriving to the Instant Game Collection as well as any other benefits we can share.

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure you leave a comment below. If you want to engage with some like-minded people, head over to the PlayStation Community Forums to discuss all things PlayStation, including this update. You’ll also find other topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

PlayStation Plus Update 9-10-2013

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6

+ avanfreak23 on September 9th, 2013 at 8:41 am said:

seems i will never get the chance to play Call of Dutty games with the overpriced cost, is not like i dont have $$ but i preffer to buy 3-4 new games instead DLC for the same price

+ moecage on September 9th, 2013 at 8:42 am said:

I think it would be a great idea if you give a ps3 title than a psvita title.

+ nicolasmuni on September 9th, 2013 at 8:44 am said:

It’s worse and worse, nothing interesting this month

+ carlpain on September 9th, 2013 at 8:45 am said:

@48: and I’m getting tired of people who say that Plus is just 4 bucks monthly. It is not! You pay money right away, not in monthly payments. Some people renewed their membership a couple of months ago and they feel like they are wasting their money. You should read what it say next to comment box: “…but don’t be a jerk.”

+ carlpain on September 9th, 2013 at 8:47 am said:

Stupid phone: it deleted two “the.” This blog needs an “edit” option.

+ tylerh1701 on September 9th, 2013 at 8:47 am said:

Yawn. No interested in Galaga Legions and the discounts this week are very subpar. Nothing for me for the 2nd week in a row.

+ hazelcabug on September 9th, 2013 at 8:48 am said:

THere’s nothing we can do carlpain, lets just hope they will shutdown US plus and migrate us to EU plus lol

+ Gorvi on September 9th, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

I still feel like I’m getting more than my money’s worth out of Plus, I don’t see the need to complain as much as people are. Some months are OK, some are good, some are great. Granted, the “great” months (like June) aren’t happening as often, but hell, this month is still well worth the money.

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on September 9th, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

Here’s my IGC wishlist:

Assassin’s Creed 3 & Liberation
God of War (all games in the series; digital versions of GOW3 & Ascension)
Grand Theft Auto (all games in the series)
Guacamelee
Hotline Miami
LA Noire
Max Payne 3
Metal Gear Rising
Metal Gear Solid HD (PS3), digital version of MGS4
Red Dead Redemption
Red Faction Guerrilla
Stealth Inc
Uncharted 1 & 2
Velocity Ultra

Also, could you please add Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops to the Vita store?

+ hazelcabug on September 9th, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

I would rather pay extra 20 oe 30$ to get the EU plus content rather than 50$ full of nothing.

+ Seluhir on September 9th, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

For people complaining:

1) Sony is not completely responsible for Playstation Plus offerings. The publishers have to be willing. The reason the EU gets better stuff sometimes is because the EU publishers have a better understanding of the value of giving something away than Americans do.

2) You get 4 free games per month for 6 dollars and complain about how ‘bad’ the service is. Even if the games aren’t always fantastic, if you even get 1 25 dollar game every 4 months it’s essentially ‘worth it’. I typically get 1-2 free per month I want to play, I’m thrilled with the service.

3) I’m happy with the PSP and Vita titles coming each month. I love seeing more of the things I missed from the PSP era.

+ Tesal2005 on September 9th, 2013 at 8:53 am said:

it is strange to see sich high prices for CoD games ? even with sale still unthinkable high priced

- Thus, I fear we will not see Crash/Spire/Dark could games coming to PSN-Vita side anytime soon =/

btw, can anyone tell me, why there is no pre-order option at PSN for KillZone Merc at vita ?

almost every other Stores from UK all the way to overpriced SA store, they have the game in digital preorder

BUT NEVER a NA – USA store >_<.

pls let us pre-order it before one of the big reviewers crush out faith on ur game 'n held our wallet.

also, we need this exp % DLC – =/ but ofc not buying it on top of the game too.

+ jayrabbit on September 9th, 2013 at 8:55 am said:

I agree with many of the posters here, the free game is of no interest and the discounts dont even look like discounts. I picked nothing of interest on the poll.

+ JehovahsWitless on September 9th, 2013 at 8:56 am said:

Wow..a crappy arcade title that sold poorly to begin with and was based on a second-tier 80′s arcade game?

OOOH-Discounts that still prove how much the publisher thinks of their franchise?

OOOH- More discounts, but this time on a shooter that was so universally panned and reviled that there’s actually questions about if they can be sued for false advertising?

Yeah…nothing for me this week. Not even remotely. It’s so hilariously awful this week that it makes LAST WEEK look good.

+ Death_bass on September 9th, 2013 at 8:57 am said:

Very weak compared to the EU
I want AC3
new little king story
Urban trial free style
lord of the rings lego on vita
and unit 13 on the US as well

+ Mando44646 on September 9th, 2013 at 8:58 am said:

meh PS+ game and horrible discounts. Aliens and CoD are just awful, awful games

+ Gorvi on September 9th, 2013 at 8:59 am said:

@64 Since when was Galaga second tier? Maybe I’m just old, but Galaga was great.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on September 9th, 2013 at 9:46 am said:

I, too, love the Galaga games, but I also can respect the sentiment that this Galaga game is not what some expect from IGC.

+ hazelcabug on September 9th, 2013 at 9:00 am said:

@ Seluhir do you have a valid proof about your statement 1? Even the sony bloggers are silent about it.

And yeah this is an open blog, paid customer have right to voice out opinions. Since july I only played dokuro 1 hour on my vita and 2 hours on machinarium, I did not even bother downloading psp IGC. And I only own a vita. Since July PS plus us had only 1 vita retail title vs EU’s 5 vita retail titles that’s completely way different.

+ jayrabbit on September 9th, 2013 at 9:02 am said:

@ + Seluhir on September 9th, 2013 at 8:51 am said: “Sony is not completely responsible for Playstation Plus offerings. The publishers have to be willing. The reason the EU gets better stuff sometimes is because the EU publishers have a better understanding of the value of giving something away than Americans do.”

That would be incorrect, I have talked to many publishers directly and they say that they have little to no say in what is offered, there is a couple companies that want there game on the instant collection that sony picked to disregard and only put on sale, and when they wanted it to be 75% off they only put it up for 50%

I believed this ruse that sony had to work out some complex relations for a long time, but recently I have been able to interact with alot of devs which say otherwise and I am more inclined to believing them when I am getting insight from more then one source then to believe that Sony has to twist arms, being the powerhouse that they are its just not logically to believe that.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on September 9th, 2013 at 9:38 am said:

I don’t normally reply to these types of posts, but just wanted to say that the notion that publishers have “little to no say in what is offered” is completely incorrect.

+ martinirage1 on September 9th, 2013 at 9:02 am said:

wow. those are some pretty bad discounts. I mean what kind of sale only takes off a few dollars from a relatively old game. It’s understandable for DF Book 2 because it’s just being released but damn. Who cares about Aliens?

+ hazelcabug on September 9th, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

If sony just put UNSUBSCRIBE button refund our so called 4$ a month x 9 months remaining. There will be no complains here.

+ trum3n1 on September 9th, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

People that says its not a bad month are probably gettin paid by sony for saying that, cause I don’t belive that anyone would like this month.

+ geassuser87 on September 9th, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

Wake me up when September ends. Nothing interests me on IGC this month.

Another flash sale? Please? No? Bah~

+ Gorvi on September 9th, 2013 at 9:07 am said:

@jayrabbit Sony would have to deal with the publishers, not the developers. They can’t just give away someone else’s product without permission, that’s not the way things work. And if they are doing it without permission then they would have to give the publishers the money the would get if every Plus member who downloaded it would have paid.

If they aren’t following those protocols you’re going to see a very empty store a year or so from now, no publisher is going to take that kind of treatment, and once that gets around nobody would work with them.

+ Ikaros19 on September 9th, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

Bad week !!!
i hope the next month
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for ps3 & vita
free for plus members

+ Tesal2005 on September 9th, 2013 at 9:13 am said:

Btw, can anyone tell me, if there was ever a 90 days promo with 1 year sub of plus ?

cos it seems, yearly, at UK there is a promo.

I am waiting ‘n hoping for a promo when I get 1 year of plus, I get 90 days more/free

+ JKar275 on September 9th, 2013 at 9:18 am said:

I’m terribly disappointed that there is no discount (or pre-order DLC) for Killzone: Mercenary’s digital downloadable version for PS Plus members. This is ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT for this particular game because it will occupy an incredible 4.5GB (3.3GB install + 1190MB update) on a memory card according to a recent article on vg247.com.

If Sony wants to promote a “digital downloadable game future” – then it is essential that you give PS Plus members a generous discount (or pre-order DLC) for PS Vita games that take up so much memory on your expensive proprietary memory cards.

+ EVARISTO1 on September 9th, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

Nothing for me this week, but PlayStation Plus is still one of the best things to happen to gaming! Also, is there any chance of Dead Space DLC going on sale any time soon?

+ CraddaPoosta on September 9th, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

The only reason I am not miffed that Rayman Origins is being added to the IGC within the same 30-day period that it was discounted for PS+ subscribers is that at least I will be able to keep it when I let my subscription run out. If the IGC keeps going the way it has been, I won’t be renewing.

Europe gets excellent titles, and the US gets nothing but indie titles and ports of Android games that we weren’t even interested in purchasing for $.99.

A few gentle suggestions:

1/ No more fighting games for the next several months. Please.
2/ Stop trying to foist off 8-year-old PSP games as hot Vita titles (Darkstalkers, anyone?).
3/ NO MORE INDIE GAMES. Your customer base plays Call of Duty and DMC. We are not hipsters.
4/ Make the games released across regions at least equitable. It shouldn’t be this grossly one-sided.
5/ Stop insulting us by adding games to the IGC within a month of discounting them, to sucker us into paying for a game we’re about to have access to as part of our subscription fee, anyway.
6/ Diversify the genres added to the IGC. We desperately need a solid racing game and a good JRPG.

+ Malkavilis on September 9th, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

The problem with “Pinball Arcade” was completely fixed? Because if was not, it´s too soon to remove the game from PS+ !!!

+ jayrabbit on September 9th, 2013 at 9:22 am said:

@ Gorvi ” Sony would have to deal with the publishers, not the developers. ”

That would be in light of some of the more funded companies, someone of my low standard would not be able to talk directly to those, I was referring mainly to those who would generally take on both roles as developer and publisher.

+ lyfestory on September 9th, 2013 at 9:23 am said:

there’s a game that should also be playable on Vita, the Galaga title… i loved the original, but the new version, i didnt care for… anyone remember if this game has the original as part of the package?? then i’ll download it… or maybe i will anyway to check for myself… otherwise, not really one i want to fill up my limited hard drive space with… especially with GTA5 next week..

+ Dothius on September 9th, 2013 at 9:24 am said:

Dragon Fantasy Book 2 with discount. Nice.
I fail to see how a bunch of bundles for various Call of Duty games is a great sale. I know it’s cheaper than buying the packs individually, but I’d rather have the option to buy the game at a sale price, individually. No add-ons if I’m not interested, and the choice to buy the ones I choose, individually at a sale price.

+ IzoGray on September 9th, 2013 at 9:26 am said:

How do I give you guys and Activision the middle finger over text for these abysmal sales?

+ DocFives21 on September 9th, 2013 at 9:26 am said:

Didn’t they say Rayman Origins was going to be free this month? Or was i wrong?

+ Cedarson on September 9th, 2013 at 9:29 am said:

Not a good week (or past month) for Plus, but it is still a good service. $50 for a year, all the good games I get, and I can let this slide. If this happens another month for 3 in a row, though… :)

+ Souledge94 on September 9th, 2013 at 9:31 am said:

wow people sure are ******. Not every week is going to be the week for you. Hell is happend to me as well. Get over it. If you dont like it then stop paying for PS+.

+ Syrlis on September 9th, 2013 at 9:35 am said:

Can you guys please unify Plus IGC across all regions already? This way everyone gets the same offers and no one has to feel like they are paying for an inferior service compared to the other regions. Just put EU in charge of what comes out each month (since they seem to know what people really want). Problem solved, people go back to complaining on a personal preference basis…and where’s the older games that got great reviews? (Mirrors Edge, Catherine, Army of Two 2, etc…) Just seems like there are great cheap games that just get ignored.

+ JKar275 on September 9th, 2013 at 9:37 am said:

@16: I totally agree with you!

These supposed discounts on COD: Black Ops 2 are so pitiful that I can’t even call them a joke.

I’d also like to see a PS+ Discount Day 1 for Killzone: Mercenary.

+ Seluhir on September 9th, 2013 at 9:39 am said:

@Jayrabbit Sony can’t just say ‘hey I’m going to give your game away for free, have fun with that’. That’s not how business works.

+ zingakun on September 9th, 2013 at 9:41 am said:

@Morgan, @Kristine and team, please accept my humble suggestion: add Red Dead Redemption to the IGC. Or at least bring us a pretty good sales on the Red Dead Redemption Bundle. I’ve been waiting quite a while for a sales on this R* title. If there’s an official channel from them where I can ask this, please, let me know.

Tks!!

+ jcallendem on September 9th, 2013 at 9:42 am said:

I don’t usually complain about PS Plus cause i love it
When i read other users comments talking about how bad ps plus is u just think what the hell is wrong with them, they are recieving “free” stuff
But seriusly this week is just horrible

+ U_NO_HOO on September 9th, 2013 at 9:42 am said:

Nothing of interest to me this week :/

+ bt1234567892010 on September 9th, 2013 at 9:42 am said:

:/ was hoping for GTA: Liberty City Stories with week, with V releasing in 8 days, since I’ll most likely be getting it on launch, and that’s all I’ll be playing on my PS3, oh well, LCS will be out later, and I will try Galaga, I played a bit of the original, and it was fun, so I’m interested in trying this.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on September 9th, 2013 at 10:14 am said:

Yeah give it a shot! It’s a pretty fresh take on the Galaga formula. As for GTA LC, it’ll be coming later this month.

+ BoltZilla on September 9th, 2013 at 9:46 am said:

When I saw Call of Duty Discounts in the header I was hoping for discounts on the map packs and such, not just game bundles… Oh well, looks like just the freebie this week.

And running to the store in the AM tomorrow to pickup my Killzone Mercenary Preorder. w00t!

+ SiriusCJS on September 9th, 2013 at 9:51 am said:

Successfully submitted my request to cancel PS Plus & be prorated the money for the time left on my account (July 2014).

+ mwatcher on September 9th, 2013 at 10:03 am said:

@54

Then simply put, don’t go with a yearly subscription. If you don’t like the risk too much, you just pay a bit more for it. Otherwise, the whining is still unnecessary.

+ mwatcher on September 9th, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

@87

Thank you for some actual sanity to this whine-fest. I thought it was just me.

+ SiriusCJS on September 9th, 2013 at 10:08 am said:

#54 hits the nail on the head. We are NOT paying $4/month. We’re out of pocket $50 immediately.

+ Raquor on September 9th, 2013 at 10:08 am said:

Those COD prices are awful. I’m certain I could walk down to the Evil Empire (Gamestop) and get a used copy of COD 4 for far less than $20.

I’d love to buy digital but the prices just aren’t justified. Once the copies are hard to find I could see justifying a higher price due to increased demand but when the title is in the bargin bin of any brick and mortar store the prices are just ridiculous!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6