PS3-TLOU Left Behind

PS Plus: Galaga Legions DX Free for Members, Call of Duty Discounts

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Sep 09, 2013 // Sr. Community Specialist

Prepare to destroy some aliens — Galaga Legions DX can be downloaded for free with Instant Game Collection access this week. This arcade classic shoot-‘em-up pits you against waves of aliens called Galaga, but they’re basically space bees (“NOOOOOO! NOT THE BEES!!!!”). PS Vita Summer Select is ending this week with Dragon Fantasy Book II, the sequel to, you guessed it, Dragon Fantasy Book I. Finally, there’s a ton of Call of Duty content on sale, including Modern Ware & Black Ops bundles, so check it out.

These PS Plus benefits will be available after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, 9/10.

PlayStation Plus - 1-year MembershipPlayStation Plus - 3-month Membership

Instant Game Collection

Galaga Legions DX (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $9.99

Galaga
The legendary hit arcade shooter returns with Galaga Legions DX! Featuring a new twist on the classic gameplay, slick new graphics and devastating weapon power-ups, the fate of the galaxy lies in your hands! Board your fighter and prepare to defend Earth from wave after wave of relentless aliens. Target your enemies’ critical weak spots to earn bonuses and rack-up an astronomical score! Blast your way through unique levels and epic boss battles on your mission to defend the galaxy and prevent an intergalactic catastrophe!

Discounts

Dragon Fantasy Book II (PS3 & PS Vita)

PS Plus Price: $11.99, Regular Price: $14.99 – PS Vita Summer Select Sale

Dragon Fantasy II
Join Ogden and the heroes of Westeria in the JRPG-styled epic Dragon Fantasy: Book II, as they travel the frozen wastelands of Tundaria. Experience action-packed battles without random encounters, using spatially aware Area-of-Effect attacks and power moves. Travel by pirate ship and defend against enemies in thrilling ship-to-ship combat! Defeat huge bosses and the oncoming horde of demons who threaten the entire world of Dragon Fantasy!
Doodle God (PS Vita)

PS Plus Price: $4.49, Regular Price: $5.99

Doodle God
Be a God! The power of creation is in your hands! In this addictive puzzle game, mix and match different combinations of fire, earth, water and air to create an entire civilization! Of course, the universe was not created in a day. You’ll have to work your way up from a single, simple microorganism to create animals, tools, storms, and even build armies before you have what it takes to build the universe!
Aliens: Colonial Marines (PS3)
Aliens
In partnership with Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products and developed by critically acclaimed studio Gearbox Software, Aliens: Colonial Marines will bring new levels of bone-chilling suspense and adrenaline-filled action to the renowned franchise. The game pits players against the universe’s ultimate alien killing machines, the Xenomorphs, in claustrophobic environments guaranteed to produce blood curdling thrills.

Title PS Plus Price Regular Price
Aliens: Colonial Marines $8.99 $14.99
Aliens: Colonial Marines Ultimate Bundle $17.99 $29.99
Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Bundle Pack $8.99 $14.99
Aliens: Colonial Marines Big Hunt DLC $3.75 $7.49
Aliens: Colonial Marines – Stasis Interrupted $3.75 $7.49
Aliens: Colonial Marines Reconnaissance Pack $2.50 $4.99
Aliens: Colonial Marines Movie Map Pack $2.50 $4.99

We’ll be back next week with more details on the game arriving to the Instant Game Collection as well as any other benefits we can share.

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure you leave a comment below. If you want to engage with some like-minded people, head over to the PlayStation Community Forums to discuss all things PlayStation, including this update. You’ll also find other topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

PlayStation Plus Update 9-10-2013

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6

+ Nano1124 on September 9th, 2013 at 9:34 pm said:

NOT THE BEES!

LOL awesome you put it in the article!

+ woofsy on September 9th, 2013 at 9:42 pm said:

Another bad NA IGC week. Close to canceling this subscription to Plus. How about showing us NA Plus members some love?? Throw in some AAA titles like you do Europe!

+ NSDI on September 9th, 2013 at 9:43 pm said:

@darksithantwan I don’t think you can just count the free games we get this year and say, hey people, look at how much they are worth. Not everyone likes these games. What PS+ should do is to make sure that in one year, every subscriber gets at least 2 or 3 games they would like to play for free but not with the original price. I only downloaded uncharted3 among the games you mentioned. Yes some discounts are great but these COD things are just horrible, and you need to admit that. Actually I’m feeling that those $5 are shooting at me, and I guess I would feel even better if I don’t see them this week. Some people may like it of course, but is it so weird that some other people are complaining?

+ NoPity_21 on September 9th, 2013 at 10:38 pm said:

I think call of duty should go stick all these dlc packs were the sun don’t shine wow thanks for 5 dollars off this regurgitated garbage you call a game

+ SlyRoath on September 9th, 2013 at 11:28 pm said:

please answe… what was the last racing game that we got in IGC?? rating this udapte 2.5/5 nothing for me anyway, galaga looks good but i dont like it… i would like see nfs mw for ps vita anyday.

+ SomaXD on September 10th, 2013 at 12:25 am said:

i normally dont complain about the free games… but, Resident Evil rail shooter was pathetic, and was hoping this week would make up for last… but a cheapo arcade game… ehhhhhhhhh wake me up when Ico and Rayman are available… (i still think splitting up the HD remakes and cross buy games so you can essentially use them 2 months of free content is a copout. Just release the crossbuy games together and for the love of god HD games (ico/SotC) that are usually sold as 1 GAME should be released for IGC as ONE.

+ TheLineOfSight on September 10th, 2013 at 12:30 am said:

Galaga is a fun and it will probably kill an afternoon or two. When can we expect a discount on One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2? I am still kick myself over missing the half-off discount on the first game, so gimme a chance at redemption!

+ ishralene09 on September 10th, 2013 at 12:33 am said:

Can we get a TGS sale?

Nothing for me this week, but I’ll download the free game just in case I get a PS3 down the line at any time.

+ iREVOLTER on September 10th, 2013 at 12:59 am said:

Japan PSOne Classics Discount for TGS Week Please!

+ Elvick_ on September 10th, 2013 at 1:07 am said:

Should seal a deal to get a discount on Fruit Ninja, I’d buy it for $0.99. Nothing more. I’d have bought it for $3, but they launched at like $8 then moved to $5. Which is just ridiculous, so I’d never spend what I’d usually spend on mobile games on Vita.

+ zakfarseer on September 10th, 2013 at 1:33 am said:

Nothing for me this week. And yes I agree the discounts are useless. But its alright, last month I got Max payne 3, Hitman Absolution and Bit trip Runner 2, so I’m quite set (havent even finished one of them yet).

My IGC (or, Give me an insane discount) wishlist:

my IGC and discount wishlist:
- Need For Speed Most Wanted (Or any decent racing game)
- A sports game maybe, NHL 12 or 13 or Fifa
- Braid
- Portal 1-2
- Ratchet and clank (makes sense if Insomniac and sony want to market Into the nexus)
- Jak & Daxter Collection
- Lone Survivor
- Quantum Concondrum
- Catherine
- Starhawk
- Dead Space 3

+ tree_face on September 10th, 2013 at 2:15 am said:

Im not seeing things right? Tomorrow Aliens Colonial Marines is going for 9 bucks for Plus members??

+ ing_kratos on September 10th, 2013 at 2:53 am said:

Assasins Creed 3?? When?

+ phoenix0207 on September 10th, 2013 at 3:16 am said:

Definitely disappointed in the PS+ content this month. Hoping to see an increase in quality content in the months to come. Looking forward to Ico though.

+ ztheonez on September 10th, 2013 at 3:18 am said:

These listings are pretty bad imo… and here I thought US PS+ gets the best deals around. Should have gotten Asia PS+ if it goes on like this. Might as well survive through the year I guess

+ sincrin on September 10th, 2013 at 4:06 am said:

Nothing for me guys.
Here are some suggestions either for sale or for the monthly treat:

Resistance 123
Lost Planet
MOH:Warfighter
NFS:MOST WANTED
FRY CRY 3
MGS LEGACY BUNDLE
SPIDERMAN GAMES (NOT THE MOVIE BASED ONE/)
ARMY OF TWO: DEVIL’S CARTEL
MAX PAYNE 1 N 2
CRYSIS 3
Ni No Kuni

Thanks

+ thelookey6 on September 10th, 2013 at 5:03 am said:

Gamerzlimited
i can see you are not a very bright fellow because what i said to you just went right over your little head
i mean geez dude you do not comprehend very well.
you said i do not have ps+ so i said to you that since i do not have trophys on this account i guess i do not own a ps3 . you are pretty brain dead buddy and just a fyi i have been a ps+ member since ps+ started. and the fact remains that no matter if you are a plus member or not you can take 1 look at the update and see that it sucks

you are just a suck up plain and simple

+ GGpowerplus on September 10th, 2013 at 5:13 am said:

I think that they need to give some games from the Assassin’s Creed series and some retail Playstation Vita games.

+ thelookey6 on September 10th, 2013 at 5:18 am said:

these would be some great games to add to the mix

far cry 3
walking dead episodes 3-5
kingdoms of amalur
dragon age 2
white night chronicles
red dead redemption
angry birds
and maybe a few disney games

for the vita
resistance
ps all star
lego batman
lord of the rings
Soul Sacrifice

+ CrakaSpektacula on September 10th, 2013 at 6:01 am said:

Are you guys purposely trying to persuade consumers to go the Xbox route for next gen? It sure looks that way with the complete crap deals you keep posting.

+ Nash03Nikolaevna on September 10th, 2013 at 6:04 am said:

What about Rayman Origins? I really want that Game :/

+ Macello on September 10th, 2013 at 6:51 am said:

I still have not got my code for Star Wars Pinball for the Plus mixup like a bunch of other people have. Customer service promised to get back to me, but they never did. I only have a PS Vita and no PS3.

+ maxideaccion on September 10th, 2013 at 7:02 am said:

RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE POST:
How can you offer us Hitman Absolution, a game with technical issues that has left hundreds of people (at least) without the posibility of coming to an end, because the saved data gets lost randomly (the same for the Contracts Mode). At the same time, you are supporting the bad behavior of the company in charge of HA, because promissed on their official forum (forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=563c38ee688739184931ffe696d27f03&t=131742) to give us a solution but they have done nothing from the released date until now.
I consider this disrespectful, specially coming from Sony…How is this possible?
I’m STILL waiting for an official answer…

+ passivefamiliar on September 10th, 2013 at 7:06 am said:

love seeing the variety. im not always interested in whats being given away. but its being given, freely. so i never complain. thanks for giving.

i’ll be looking into this one, seems like a good time killer. not to interested in the callofduty sales, but only because ive noticed that the ‘better’ players always get the mappacks, while players like me, average joe grenade tosser spray and prayer type, dont. so my chances of not sucking seem to go up when NOT on dlc maps. but why no blackops one map pack bundle? oh well.

i hate seeing these negative people here, your getting FREE games. practically. dont expect every game to be ‘AAA’ and brand new. enjoy what you get or go buy an xbox, those people tend to be more negative anyway you’ll fit right in. sony is a great company and they give way more than any other does. (maybe steam, if you consider sales…but still) negative comments only create a negative life, so if your unhappy here…about FREE games, your life must be very sad. and im sorry. i cant imagine getting mad if someone gave me a free hotdog just because it didnt have mustard on it. sorry, rant over. longwinded…sorry

+ webspidus_br on September 10th, 2013 at 7:06 am said:

Thank administrators, for another month horrible.

+ IXIPh3nom27IXI on September 10th, 2013 at 7:45 am said:

Another terrible week at this rate I may cancel my ps+ if October is no better

+ hazelcabug on September 10th, 2013 at 7:59 am said:

@ gamerzlimited If you are the one who paid for my subcription then you can shut me down from complaining. But you know clearly that it’s my money is it? not yours right? So who are you to shutdown complainers? LOL pathetic

+ Hypergyaos on September 10th, 2013 at 8:02 am said:

Galaga! I loved the original and PCE versions. Can’t wait to DL this new version.

Just signed up for PSPlus over the weekend, and its already paid off – I had planned to buy Uncharted 3 and LBP Karting, so a subscription was a no brainier. Thanks!

+ auskyem on September 10th, 2013 at 8:50 am said:

What about World at War? The one I don’t have.

Still waiting for AC III

+ fresno75 on September 10th, 2013 at 10:27 am said:

WOOT!!!!!! Been a great month so far. can’t wait to dl Galaga Legions DX on my main account. tyvm Kristine Steimer and ps+ team. keep up the great week.

+ miafenevan on September 10th, 2013 at 11:10 am said:

diskusting.only playing this for the trphies.

+ miafenevan on September 10th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

i mean its allredy 2 oclock still no update, where are you guys are you sleeping?

+ NihilBug on September 10th, 2013 at 11:24 am said:

How do I unsubscribe from PS+?

+ ChameleonX on September 10th, 2013 at 11:30 am said:

I must say the COD “sale” prices are pretty bad. It’s a shame because I was looking forward to buying Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops 2. So much for that.

+ VVVACCPLPNLY on September 10th, 2013 at 12:05 pm said:

so, hate to be another complaint, but paying for psplus is still buying games. well, for vita owners, this is our second week in a row this month with practically nothing but a dollar off two very unpopular uninteresting and meh games. ive been with sony since i played spyro when i was 7 and yall do try hard but i still want to show my opinion. i joined psplus cuz i feel the games i recieve are usually of high quality (most of my games are digital games from the service) but i havent had anything interesting since, uh.. gods eater. i know we have rayman coming and i am excited (another series i remembed fondly on ps1) but please dont leave us with nothing for so long. and yes we got machinarium but, xD that was not a game imho. looking forward to october! and good job with the vita price drop.

+ ariasong on September 10th, 2013 at 1:05 pm said:

galaxy DX is great game for shooters!

…….but I still wish to have more vita game, at least discount on fighting game.

+ DragonusFirus on September 10th, 2013 at 1:53 pm said:

to all those who say we are getting “free” games: lets say, you pay $10 for lunch upfront, at the beginning of the month and the deal is that you get one lunch every day without having to pay for it. you get your favorite burger the first day, a wonderful burrito the second and then for the rest of the month you get horrible food.

My question to you guys is, do you complain that the food is horrible or do you shut up and eat, week after week, because it is “free”? Do you base your opinion about the food, based on the fact that it is “free” or it is horrible?

Personally, I think the food is horrible. But, hey thats just my opinion. After all, the food is “free”, eh?!

+ fresno75 on September 10th, 2013 at 2:38 pm said:

@ DragonusFirus I eat for them 2 days then bring my own lunch for the rest of the month. $10 not much if it comes with a drink and frys.

+ Belegeren on September 10th, 2013 at 2:50 pm said:

Damn… is this the worst week ever? The worst month ever maybe?

+ DragonusFirus on September 10th, 2013 at 2:56 pm said:

@fresno75: lol, doesnt answer my question but whatever dude. I’d pro’ly do the same, just so you know. Peace!

+ fresno75 on September 10th, 2013 at 3:13 pm said:

@ DragonusFirus sorry i’ll try and answer your question. lets see 31days, 4weeks, 5days of work a week yea I shut up and eat for 20days for $10. its not much. gl

+ DragonusFirus on September 10th, 2013 at 3:26 pm said:

@fresno75: looks like you need all the good luck. So, gl to you. So long (until next week).

+ fresno75 on September 10th, 2013 at 3:39 pm said:

@ DragonusFirus ty sir. peace to you

+ cheddar2010 on September 10th, 2013 at 4:09 pm said:

I think this is the latest I have ever waited for the store to update.
it is 8pm here(gmt -4) and still no update.

realy looking forward to galaga

+ cheddar2010 on September 10th, 2013 at 4:28 pm said:

@193 totally agree
and for all those unsure of this weeks offering

at least TRY galaga. It really is a pretty sweet rendition and should at least be tried out.

Also my only real complaint(not sure if it really a complaint or not) but why do we never see any update for free avatars or themes anymore?

it would be kool if the IGC of the month also included a theme or avatar.

+ MuscularComic on September 10th, 2013 at 4:29 pm said:

The fact that COD4 is still regularly $25 is a fantastic argument for used games

+ WooTs_67 on September 10th, 2013 at 4:43 pm said:

My subscription expires in a week

I don’t know if I will renew ps+. I guess this would be a good deal if I liked terrible indie games but I don’t

+ tiberije on September 10th, 2013 at 5:10 pm said:

Response to comment 224. Are you brain dead, stupid or just ignorant. How is paying $50 for PS Plus FREE. Idiot

+ shikigami78 on September 10th, 2013 at 6:44 pm said:

not really interested in that call of duty–too pricey even with the discounts–especially with gta5 just around the bend. i’ll give galaga a try. nice update though

+ Gamerzlimited on September 10th, 2013 at 7:34 pm said:

@thelookey6 Your the one who’s brain dead and doesn’t comprehend well. I hear you loud and clearly. Your just making excuses thinking you can win against me. Even if your a PS+ from the very beginning, it doesn’t change the fact you continue to hate for no reason. I’m done with your annoying whining, stop talking to me. Keep your insulting opinions to yourself.

@hazelcabug No, that’s PrimeroIncognito’s job to do that. I’m just tell you should quit now and switch to Microsoft for your health’s sake.

How long will this idiot stop posting about this comment:
@maxideaccion I’m an Hitman owner, I find this comment disrespectful and it offends me.

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6