PS4-Watch_Dogs

Killzone: Mercenary Launches in North America Today

Mark Green's Avatar + Posted by Mark Green on Sep 10, 2013 // Senior Producer, Guerrilla Cambridge

Killzone Mercenary is out today in North America!

Players who purchase Killzone Mercenary on PlayStation Store will receive the “Blackjack’s Briefcase” pre-order bonus, which includes an in-game cash bonus and 48 hours of Double XP. (Please note that you must be online for the Double XP bonus to count.) Next Tuesday, September 17th, the offer goes away and users who purchase on PSN will only get the game. If you’re keen to go digital, take advantage before it’s too late!

It’s been a fantastic voyage for us, and we’re immensely proud of what we’ve been able to create – the true Killzone FPS experience on a handheld. A twin-stick shooter on a HD screen in the palm of your hands, with substantial replayability built in and, if I do say so myself, an addictive multiplayer game integral to the whole experience.

Killzone Mercenary on PS Vita

Killzone Mercenary on PS VitaKillzone Mercenary on PS Vita

The multiplayer game has been through a few stages of Betas over the last couple of months, and we are immensely grateful to all everyone who took part — especially those who took the time to provide feedback. We’ve worked hard to make sure those views were taken on board (we were overwhelmed by how much feedback we received!), and the day one patch is a direct consequence of that feedback with changes made to improve standard things like stability and connectivity, but also to get people back into the game quicker. We appreciate some users’ frustration over the patch’s size, but we offer every assurance that we couldn’t have included its changes any sooner, and that the enhancements—borne of the beta—offer dramatic and worthwhile improvements. The Betas were limited in what they showed, but we hope you’ll feel the impact of all the time that has been dedicated to perfecting the multiplayer experience when you play the game.

We hope you all enjoy Killzone Mercenary just as much as we did making it!

125 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ NARDCORE_805 on September 10th, 2013 at 9:05 am said:

The game looks stunning and the multiplayer was really fun! You guys really did an awesome job on the game and it showed! I can’t wait to pick up my copy and really get into it!

+ jmizzking on September 10th, 2013 at 9:05 am said:

Is the store updated right now?

+ RE_Player on September 10th, 2013 at 9:08 am said:

Just waiting for it to be delivered to my house. Can’t wait!

+ Yudelic0x0 on September 10th, 2013 at 9:09 am said:

today right now? or when the store updated?

+ reson8er on September 10th, 2013 at 9:09 am said:

Just received my physical copy from Amazon.

PSA: There is a 1190MB update as soon as you start it up. Make sure to have space on your memory card.

+ WeaponXDP on September 10th, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

Will the store be updated at some point in time today? (he asked in the completely unmoderated thread knowing full well he won’t get an answer)

+ AmericanNinja1 on September 10th, 2013 at 9:13 am said:

Why wasn’t there an option to pre-order this from the U.S. PS Store? And why wasn’t this released at 12AM on the U.S. PS Store?

+ darksithantwan on September 10th, 2013 at 9:13 am said:

Already beat and deleted a couple of VITA titles last night to make space for this. Can’t wait!

+ diagos1 on September 10th, 2013 at 9:15 am said:

Anything for ppl who purchased day 1 retail?

+ JimmyHACK on September 10th, 2013 at 9:15 am said:

Digital buyers get Blackjack DLC?

+ JimmyHACK on September 10th, 2013 at 9:16 am said:

Nevermind i missed it. We do get Blackjack DLC thanks!

+ Thwip on September 10th, 2013 at 9:18 am said:

Heading to the store in about a half an hour to pick up my copy, then the wait until the end of my work day begins. Can’t wait to give it a play, see you online everyone. Anyone who took the time to read, please feel free to give me an add.

+ medenko1975 on September 10th, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

yummi

+ G-Force08 on September 10th, 2013 at 9:28 am said:

I’m playing right now but I can’t redeem the code for the Blackjack bonus I got from GameStop. Any reason?

+ gamer_316 on September 10th, 2013 at 9:28 am said:

Grr i’m sittin in my local mall waitin for Gamestop to open so I can pick up my copy

+ DION3TO on September 10th, 2013 at 9:30 am said:

I have been playing this game for the past week and I have to say it is good. I missed a longer campaing, but it can ben extended by other kind of contract linked to the main missions. Awesome graphics and really good controls adapted into PS Vita. Multiplayer is fun too.

Great exclusive game!
Thanks Sony and Guerrilla!

+ Welmosca on September 10th, 2013 at 9:36 am said:

Yay its finally here…its hard to believe that I’ll finally get my hands in the campaign of this baby…played the beta and damn that was really good…the best online on Vita thats for sure…an online that is worth to play…just waiting mine to be delivered and I’ll be happily ever after.

+ jabberjawky on September 10th, 2013 at 9:36 am said:

Please Update the store with Killzone Mercenary! With the prospect of having 64 gb memory card coming to north america soon, I’ve decided to go digital! Please get this game out

+ Rainwater on September 10th, 2013 at 9:39 am said:

Picking up as soon as the update is live. However, you guys are killing me! Diablo 3 last week, KZ: Mercernaries this week, GTA V next week…when am I going to find time to eat and sleep?

+ Richard919 on September 10th, 2013 at 9:40 am said:

The beta was awesome! I’m dying for the PS store to update so I can download this.

+ JKar275 on September 10th, 2013 at 9:47 am said:

I’m glad to see that people who order the digital version from the PS Store will get some pre-order DLC if they make their purchase before Tues. Sept. 17.

However, it would also be very much appreciated if PS+ members would get a discount for purchasing the digital version from the PS Store for a limited time.

+ Tesal2005 on September 10th, 2013 at 9:54 am said:

@ 7

from what I understand, we will be able to get the pro-order bonus Only if we buy it with less than a week length

from 10 to 17 of Sept”

I hope I understood it correctly >_< it will be a big shame if NA PSN does not reward paying vita users. cos we are buying the game digitally "it will stick to us" not hard copy that can be sold at later when done playing.

/good luck

+ TomatoDragon on September 10th, 2013 at 9:54 am said:

My copy was just delivered. Put a lot of hours into the beta. Can’t wait to get home and get back into it.

+ Enforcer_X on September 10th, 2013 at 10:00 am said:

Arriving today from Amazon, can’t wait!

+ jchill001 on September 10th, 2013 at 10:05 am said:

my preorder code isnt working, is anyone else having this problem?

+ remanutd5 on September 10th, 2013 at 10:19 am said:

We need more psvita exclusive titles like Killzone Mercenary and Tearaway, no tv spot? i think this game could sell very good if advertise it on tv.

+ akisuo on September 10th, 2013 at 10:21 am said:

Going to get my copy after work today. Enjoyed what little time I had in the beta! =) Ready for this day to be over already!

+ truelove47 on September 10th, 2013 at 10:25 am said:

@26 got my pre order code from gamestop and same thing… Not working . Can we get an answer on how this is going to get fixed and please I don’t want to deal with the same problem like doa5 where I got a pre order code for the costume pack and it was invalid code then there was an update for the costume pack and people was charged $5 bucks for the free pre order costume.. The same goes with playstation Allstar. Please can we get a answer for this screw-up.

+ truelove47 on September 10th, 2013 at 10:26 am said:

My bad I meant @25

+ Kwamena_BE on September 10th, 2013 at 10:27 am said:

Hey peeps, if anyone is wondering why its not in the ps store yet? Its because it gets loaded on 9 am Pacific time so those in the gmt time zone thats why we are suffering. COme to think of it those on the East coast as well lol. Talked to a very nice support assistant named Mildred. :3

+ x-Kicks-x on September 10th, 2013 at 10:31 am said:

I have the physical copy sitting un-opened on my desk at work
If the store publishes and it has a discount on it, I may have to return it and get some psn cards to buy it digitally. My poor memory card…

+ D-Squad3 on September 10th, 2013 at 10:32 am said:

The input lag or “intended weight” is still there and it’s horrendous. Totally breaks the game for me so I’m skipping this one. I really hope they ditch it in Shadow Fall. :(

+ teh_pwnrer on September 10th, 2013 at 10:35 am said:

What time is the store going to update?!?!?!

+ Zionine on September 10th, 2013 at 10:37 am said:

The game is awesome. The input lag is not as bad as KZ 2.. but it’s there. And I like it. :)

I enjoyed the first level and a half I’ve played.. can’t wait til I’m off work and can hop on the online matches!

+ DAROCK2300 on September 10th, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

PICKED UP MY COPY TODAY BUT THE PRE-ORDER CODE ISN’T WORKING. WHATS THE PROBLEM!!!

+ Mando44646 on September 10th, 2013 at 10:44 am said:

why doesnt PSN update at midnight like XBL and Steam? Its ridiculous to make people wait half a day on release day for a game they bought or pre-ordered. I hope you fix this before the PS4 launches or people are NOT going to embrace digital otherwise

+ CrusaderForever on September 10th, 2013 at 10:49 am said:

Amazing job GG Cambridge! I am going to reward you by buying KZM today! KZ is my favorite shooter series and that’s saying a lot. The fact that you put a console quality shooter on the Vita is something your team can be very proud of. As someone who put in over 15 hours on the beta and didn’t come across a bug it’s money well spent!

+ KwietStorm on September 10th, 2013 at 10:49 am said:

Man if I had a Vita TV..

+ WeaponXDP on September 10th, 2013 at 10:50 am said:

@Kwamena_BE,

9am PST is 4pm GMT. It’s now 5:49pm GMT. Call Mildred back, tell her she’s either uninformed or she’s a liar.

I really wish Sony would get their crap together. Nintendo allows you to get the digital copy at 12:01 am, and add titles to a wishlist to get notified when they’re available. This “available with the psn store updates” equates to “available eventually”. It’s crap.

+ KwietStorm on September 10th, 2013 at 10:51 am said:

@D-Squad

That’s part of what makes it Killzone. It’s not a twitch shooter.

+ WilburMonkey on September 10th, 2013 at 10:52 am said:

Played a bit of the beta, but (because I don’t do multiplayer shooters often) I spent way too much time waiting at the respawn screen to be having much fun. So it is a bit of a disappointment to hear that the single player content is relatively short, even though it might be very replayable.

Thanks for finally putting a quality shooter in my Vita. Now, Sony, please put that sweet 64 GB memord card you announced for Japan in my Vita, too!

+ gus_xl on September 10th, 2013 at 10:53 am said:

Going to pick up my pre-order now. A 1gb update? eee…..

+ x-Kicks-x on September 10th, 2013 at 11:09 am said:

@DAROCK2300 It won’t work until the store updates

+ LiLb509 on September 10th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

SO is anyone else having trouble with interface screen using.
I’m not able to do anything like go into a options and back up with the arrow button on screen on left top side. I’m irritated. tried 4 different times. COme ON SONY….

+ teh_pwnrer on September 10th, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

Sony please we are beginning you to just put out the game on ps store already

+ LiLb509 on September 10th, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

It started where I couldn’t even touch an option at main screen to touch it.

+ GGCAN on September 10th, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

I played in the Beta and have to say this game is impressive.

Loved the action on the Vita as well as the graphics !

+ GGCAN on September 10th, 2013 at 11:19 am said:

@ 44 – LiLb509

You’ll probably have to wait until later today.

I read there’s a 1 GB update to the game.

+ B_Unique- on September 10th, 2013 at 11:23 am said:

I just picked up my copy from gamestop and didn’t find the code of the pre order bonuses(checked inside the case and receipt)…my luck. :/

Oh well, at least I have a reason to make money!…
::starts doing (original) harlem shake::

+ tusunami on September 10th, 2013 at 11:27 am said:

I also took part in the beta for KZ Mercernary people cry about there is nothing on the PS Vita well what do you call this then. A superbly crafted ffps done right in the hands of talented developers who don’t rush out crap. Such as Cod declassified.

PAGE 1 2 3