PS4-Infamous

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix on PS3 Today, New Trailer

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar + Posted by Mat Kishimoto on Sep 10, 2013 // Associate Product Manager, Square Enix

Believe it or not, the day is finally here: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix is available for purchase!

We’re proud to celebrate the launch of this Kingdom Hearts game with a fantastic new launch trailer, as well as a bunch of new screenshots.

For all you PlayStation fans out there, the launch of Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix is a proud moment for us for a number of reasons…

• This marks the first Kingdom Hearts game on PS3…..not to mention it’s a PS3 exclusive!
  • This is the first time we had a Kingdom Hearts PS3 dynamic theme created… we hope you pre-ordered the game to receive this exclusive incentive!
  • Last, but not least, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix marks the first time we’ve been able to offer all of you, the fans, two layered pre-order items — an art book plus the aforementioned PS3 dynamic theme!

We look forward to much more Kingdom Hearts news to share with you guys, but in the meantime, we hope you all get a chance to pick up a copy today.

Kingdom Hearts HD Launch, 28

Click here to see the full gallery

With that, we hope you enjoy, and know that everything we do is for you, our loyal and diehard fans.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or would just like to chat about Kingdom Hearts in the comments below!

PAGE 1 2

+ Mister-Nep on September 10th, 2013 at 6:18 am said:

So excited for the game. It’s coming in the mail today.

+ crazypeng1 on September 10th, 2013 at 6:19 am said:

If this was a digital download, I’d already have it. I’m on my way to best buy this morning to get it. I’m going to probably not have a life for a few days.

+ lkenourmos on September 10th, 2013 at 6:22 am said:

Hi Mat,

Will there be a digital release of the game?
Lot’s of PS gamers are going digital and I’m one of them.
Love SE games and hope KH will be digital

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar

+ Mat Kishimoto on September 10th, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

We currently don’t have any plans of a digital release of this title.

+ Betorro on September 10th, 2013 at 6:24 am said:

Digital release PLEASE!

+ zeothedeathgod on September 10th, 2013 at 6:25 am said:

have this and killzone merc preordered. dont think ill be able to pick them up at the store till thursday/friday though.

+ HitmanRebornEX on September 10th, 2013 at 6:28 am said:

awesome got my preordered and ready for pick up today

+ dakiddjayspade on September 10th, 2013 at 6:34 am said:

I wish this was digital or better i wish this was for the Vita.

+ nephilim522 on September 10th, 2013 at 6:35 am said:

Is there no digital release coming later today for this? My PS3′s blu-ray drive is busted so I can only play downloaded games.

+ DarkOne_PR on September 10th, 2013 at 6:36 am said:

going to pick it up right now… but….
can we have back KH3 and FF15 exclusivity? no xboner play jrpgs they are all fragheads
can we have FFtype0 for vita?
and finally it cant be missed on a SE article…. Can u PLS PLS PLS for the love of all that is great and powerful on heaven give us FF7 Remake already Exclusively for ps4!!!!

+ hgusso on September 10th, 2013 at 6:38 am said:

Hi Mat, is there going to be a digital release?

+ Citanmk on September 10th, 2013 at 6:40 am said:

Yeah, why no digital release? Is it at least planned?

+ DarkOne_PR on September 10th, 2013 at 6:45 am said:

digital sucks. takes unnecessary space on the HDD and u have to wait for the download it doesnt bring u a book or anything its just there… data… lol i really hate the idea of a digital gaming industry.

+ TeamGreen615 on September 10th, 2013 at 6:48 am said:

I would love to see this come to the Vita.

+ passivefamiliar on September 10th, 2013 at 6:57 am said:

hype! honestly, im not a mega hearts fan. but it was a uniquely good game. and im excited to get it onn ps3. but…im waiting for the chance it goes digital, and maybe a plus sale. im getting it, eventually. but im patient. sony offers alot of sales and being a ps3 exlusive…i will wait and see.

im just happy this happened mostly for the message it sends. sony listens, most times. and trys to give its fans (us)what we want. keep it up sony.

(side note…not to sour the upbeat post, but im still fingers crossed for a music unlimited screensaver fix. it needs a 10second timer or a button command for the screensaver on/off.)

still positive!

+ Nates4Christ on September 10th, 2013 at 6:57 am said:

I’m real excited about this. However, I want to finish the JRPG Time and Eternity before I move onto this one. But I do plan on getting this. I missed out on Kingdom Hearts on the ps2.

+ Artemisthemp on September 10th, 2013 at 6:58 am said:

Anyone know if, those PS3 themes will be available in EU?

+ MarcusGearsofWar on September 10th, 2013 at 7:05 am said:

Will be a digital version on the store? so please dont make question just put it on the store and take my money just take my money Square enix and Sony

+ ossiecastro5 on September 10th, 2013 at 7:12 am said:

I pre-ordered the game via Best Buy and they e-mailed me the dynamic theme today! Beautiful theme guys! Better than my custom theme.

If I were you, Square Enix, sell the theme via PSN. Those that didn’t pre-ordered the game would love to buy it!

More importantly, please make Kingdom Hearts Avatars! Many people would buy it. I’d pay $10 just for a heartless emblem avatar!

I wish this game would also be made digital too. The last thing I need now is my pre-order copy to be lost in the mail. -_-

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar

+ Mat Kishimoto on September 10th, 2013 at 8:28 am said:

Glad to hear you like the theme! In the future, we hope to continue to create more digital goodies for you and everyone to enjoy.

+ stlthriot on September 10th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

Yeah, i want digital too!! I would have pre-ordered it if it had been on PSN!! so now i don’t get the dynamic theme…

+ FearMonkey on September 10th, 2013 at 8:22 am said:

Thanks for the update, Mat! Been waiting all year for this! :D

But if you’re so proud that this is exclusive to PS3, why isn’t Kingdom Hearts III going to be exclusive to PS4? :p

Regardless, I’m also looking forward to the inevitable Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix that hasn’t been announced yet but might be announced at TGS in a couple weeks. ;)

+ EvertonC7_BR on September 10th, 2013 at 8:22 am said:

waiting for the digital release

+ PHEEliNUX on September 10th, 2013 at 8:45 am said:

I will check it out sometime, Many of my friends like the KH series but i never got to play any of them, Will see what the fuzz is about

+ Death8u4u on September 10th, 2013 at 8:46 am said:

Quit asking the same questions over and over again. Square has already stated they have no intention of releasing a digital version of the game. Considering the history in regards to such titles coming over seas, it simply isn’t going to happen.

+ IzoGray on September 10th, 2013 at 8:48 am said:

The worst 3 games in the series. Square hasn’t bothered to release Birth By Sleep or FF Crisis Core on PSN for PSP and Vita users so I won’t be supporting them any time soon.

+ Death8u4u on September 10th, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

I’m sure they’ll miss your nickles and dimes IzoGray..

+ vashrahan on September 10th, 2013 at 8:50 am said:

When is the Vita version going to be released?

+ x_PlaTtiNuM on September 10th, 2013 at 8:52 am said:

what did you guys put kingdom hearts avatars on psn!!!!?????

+ jeffsmither on September 10th, 2013 at 8:53 am said:

Are the cutscenes in final mix hd too or is only the ds port that has hd cutscenes?

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar

+ Mat Kishimoto on September 10th, 2013 at 9:09 am said:

All of the cutscenes within KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX are remastered in HD. However, KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days is only HD cinematic cutscenes.

+ x_PlaTtiNuM on September 10th, 2013 at 8:53 am said:

yo matt how do you have soras avatar?

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar

+ Mat Kishimoto on September 10th, 2013 at 9:11 am said:

I asked nicely ;)

+ fester420 on September 10th, 2013 at 8:55 am said:

Wow, I just assumed that this would be a digital release. I do not like getting up to change discs. Release it digitally and I’ll buy it.

+ Chrabbey on September 10th, 2013 at 8:57 am said:

I’m going to join the chorus here in asking for a Vita version of this game. I don’t have time to play on the PS3 right now but a Vita version would be perfect! I would be remiss if I didn’t also ask for a digital version of this and Crisis Core for my Vita!

+ Mugalashvili on September 10th, 2013 at 8:58 am said:

Wait, dynamic theme? It was not in Amazon pre-order… O_O

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar

+ Mat Kishimoto on September 10th, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

It was! Anyone who preordered the game on Amazon was automatically upgraded to receive the limited edition artbook and the PS3 dynamic theme.

+ Destiny89 on September 10th, 2013 at 9:02 am said:

Everyone here need to note that this game has Disney characters which means Disney is the one not allowing the game to be on the digital store, not Square Enix or Sony its Disney the one that never allows the games to hit the Digital store.. same issue happened with Kingdom Hearts: Birth By sleep where Disney did not allow the game to be posted on the digital store.

On topic picking up my game later today.

+ FearMonkey on September 10th, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

@27 – Good question. I hope they give us a Sora avatar and other KH avatars so you can switch and stop using mine! :p

+ Yudelic0x0 on September 10th, 2013 at 9:06 am said:

please, avatar KH for psn.

+ D-Squad3 on September 10th, 2013 at 9:13 am said:

Kingdom Hearts avatars PLEASE!

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar

+ Mat Kishimoto on September 10th, 2013 at 9:36 am said:

Thanks for the great suggestions! Will definitely keep it in mind for the future.

+ Ottoroyal on September 10th, 2013 at 9:33 am said:

Is there any word on a remastered version for the vita?

+ DION3TO on September 10th, 2013 at 9:34 am said:

This brings so many great memories to me. I enjoyed every single moment I had with KH 1 and KH2. I cant wait to have this collection. Never tried CoM or 358/2 Days. This will be my first contact with both (although I know this last one is only abaout watching cutscenes).

I bet there will be a second HD Collection with KH2 and Birth By Sleep. For sure I am gonna buy both and make my way do Kingdom Hearts III.

And please, release themes and avatars!
Thanks :D

+ xClayMeow on September 10th, 2013 at 9:38 am said:

SQUENIX, bring a KH game to Vita!

Seriously, you know it’ll be successful.

+ xClayMeow on September 10th, 2013 at 9:40 am said:

ign.com/blogs/claymeow/2013/09/05/the-top-five-third-party-vita-exclusives-that-have-to-happen

+ KeyBladeWeilder9 on September 10th, 2013 at 9:41 am said:

Just picked up my pre-order from GameStop, love the artbook and theme. I’ve been waiting for this game since the announcement of it coming here, can’t wait to see what you guys have in store for Kingdom Hearts 2 (personally one of my favorite of the series).

Also I’m with everyone about avatars, love to see some.

+ Mugalashvili on September 10th, 2013 at 9:43 am said:

Oh, I only received a mail today that the order was shipped, but no key for theme :( Guess I have to mail Amazon and ask where did they lost it :).
I hope they will not forget about artbook at least :P.

+ goodSuM on September 10th, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

Please no digital anything for Kingdom Hearts. It’s (one of) the only game series that is pure. As in, 20 years from now, I can experience each full game without missing features like add-ons or online servers that were shut down.

+ Seluhir on September 10th, 2013 at 10:17 am said:

Sad that this isn’t digitally available. Didn’t realize larger games still came out as pure physical releases(niche stuff like Time and Eternity ya, but not large releases like this)

May not be able to get it now… will try, but I don’t typically buy physical games anymore and something like this may sell out quick.

Oh well, possible lost sale :(

+ clash562 on September 10th, 2013 at 10:52 am said:

can i still buy the special edition its listed on the square enix shop?

+ x_PlaTtiNuM on September 10th, 2013 at 10:53 am said:

makes me sad ):

+ ATFrez on September 10th, 2013 at 10:57 am said:

Hurry up, Amazon! I wanna play this SO bad!!

+ ToFeY on September 10th, 2013 at 10:59 am said:

please let it be available on PS store! and also i would buy KH avatars & the dynamic theme if it were available :)

+ AizawaYuuichi on September 10th, 2013 at 11:28 am said:

Just picked up my physical copy. Love how this is packaged, with the slipcover over the artbook, with the game set into the back cover. Very sleek!
Looking forward to playing through this in the coming months. Gaming plate is so full I won’t be able to get to it right away, but still wanted to support the release.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMix and Kingdom Hearts 3 next, please! :D

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar

+ Mat Kishimoto on September 10th, 2013 at 2:06 pm said:

Great to hear how you’re loving everything! :)

+ Patorikku on September 10th, 2013 at 11:28 am said:

Were Canadian EB Games eligible for the dynamic theme as well? Tried to get back to the car for the wife & newborn son (this will be his game collection one day, and couldn’t pass up KH!) and didn’t see anything stuck on the packaging.

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar

+ Mat Kishimoto on September 10th, 2013 at 2:08 pm said:

The PS3 dynamic theme code should have been printed on the receipt. I’d recommend following with the EB Games Canada store you purchased it at.

PAGE 1 2