PS4-Infamous

PlayStation Blogcast 089: No Strings Attached

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Sep 12, 2013 // Social Media Manager

Subscription Links:

• Download the MP3 here on PS3, PS Vita or PC (Right-Click->Save As)

And we’re back on a normal posting schedule! Today’s show features two can’t-miss interviews! First, a lengthy and thought-provoking chat with HoneySlug’s Ricky Haggett and artist Dick Hogg, creators of the whimsical (but also wistful) Hohokum. Then, director Gavin Moore discusses the perils of Puppeteer, a charming platformer that debuted exclusively on PS3 this week. Finally, our friend Tom Wallis from EU PlayStation.com gets a few new details on Dragon Age Origins from Bioware’s Jonathan Perry. Plus: New game releases for September 17th, 2013 (GTAV!), new reader letters and more.

Send us questions and tips: blogcast@playstation.sony.com

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan Clements

The Cast

+ betuo_EL_best on September 12th, 2013 at 5:41 pm said:

SONY UPDATE THE PLAYSTATION STORE EARLIER THIS TUESDAY FOR PLAY GTA V

+ chatbox85 on September 12th, 2013 at 5:52 pm said:

@betuo_EL_best it suppose to be able to download it at 12:00 am on the 17th.

+ betuo_EL_best on September 12th, 2013 at 5:57 pm said:

@chatbox85 Oh really? I didn’t know that, thanks..

+ thebiglouie on September 12th, 2013 at 6:31 pm said:

If you don’t skip any weeks, #100 would happen on the last week of November, also the week of Thanksgiving.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Nick Suttner on September 14th, 2013 at 12:14 pm said:

Thanks! I don’t think we have any plans for a week off before then, so that’s probably when it will be. Exciting!

+ rabidninjamonky on September 12th, 2013 at 6:51 pm said:

So I guess Terraria Vita is going for a fall release date now? Also I posted about this on the Playstation Mobile post from yesterday, but I’m not sure if anyone from Sony read it. I’m wondering if you guys can do anything about Denysoft? They released 7 games this week alone for Playstation Mobile, and they are all reskinned versions of the exact same game. These are so poorly made, that if they spent more than 4 hours to make i’d be surprised. They are charging $6 a piece for this junk while at the same time using bible quotes in their screen shots. If you guys care about your customers I suggest you remove these games immediately.

+ G-Force08 on September 12th, 2013 at 7:15 pm said:

Winner from last week’s theme was “G C”. Ha! That’s me. ;) I didn’t get anything though. Am I supposed to expect something in my email? lol

The theme from this week sounds familiar, but I have no idea what it is. D;

That said, Puppeteer is great, I’m playing that now and have been trying to promote it to everyone over the past year – since its announcement. I really hope that people support this game. So many great games go under the radar and the devs, plus these creative ventures into new IPs suffer. SUPPORT THESE GAMES GUYS!

So this week, I’m playing Puppeteer, Killzone Mercenary, and Kingdom Hearts HD. I’ll be getting GTA V next week and have no idea when I’m going to get the time to play everything. lol (Hint: I wont sleep)

Anyway, great podcast as always, guys. Good content – a lot less shooting the breeze these past few weeks. ;)

+ G-Force08 on September 12th, 2013 at 8:26 pm said:

Also, on the note of “Ubisoft” as in “you-bisoft” – THANK YOU! For years I have been saying it the correct way and then suddenly people came along, even those in the industry, even those who work for the company, and started calling it, “Oo-bisoft.” #Validation

+ zooyork198 on September 12th, 2013 at 9:47 pm said:

Another two hour episode? These feel like such a chore to get through. :/

+ DesertAss2in on September 12th, 2013 at 9:56 pm said:

@8 I usually burn through my weekly podcast subscriptions by Wednesday thanks to a two hour daily commute for work, so a two hour podcast sounds great to me!

+ KazeEternal on September 12th, 2013 at 10:00 pm said:

I want my Vita TV!!!!

+ UndreyVITA on September 13th, 2013 at 12:05 am said:

Two hour podcasts are great for me.

+ thebiglouie on September 13th, 2013 at 1:07 am said:

Justin,
DrumMania, hell yeah! That was my game as well in the arcades. 8th Mix was a great one. I think an arcade north of me in Fresno still has an 8th Mix running.

I had most of the home versions, official GuitarFreaks controller, and that crappy small official drum controller before I fried some wires on it trying to mod it. I’m still bummed that Konami never made any more home versions of the game after the last one back in 2007. I think there is some version of it for mobile phones in Japan only now, but that doesn’t count.

A few Golflands around the Bay Area may still have DM machines up and running. It’s been a while since I’ve been to a Golfland up there.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on September 13th, 2013 at 1:57 pm said:

Yeah! I’ve gone to SVGL a few times to play on their machine. Back in Vegas we had an amazing arcade called Gemini that was up to date on all the major Bemani releases, but they’ve closed their doors sadly. My apartment is a ten minute walk from Game Center in San Mateo though, and they have a IIDX machine so I’m not too upset. :)

Favorite Gitadora song? Mine right now is probably Toccata. Big fan of Jet World from the earlier mixes too — always a good standby.

+ lisatsunami on September 13th, 2013 at 2:38 am said:

Sid, you are so right about Diablo 3. I played the demo offline tonight and it’s great. The loot drops are amazing and the game looks and plays great. I never played a Diablo game before but I’m sold now. I’m going to wait for the PS4 version since there won’t be so many great games the first year for the new console.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on September 13th, 2013 at 11:31 am said:

Glad you agree! It’s the definitive version of the game imo

+ Xer0Signal on September 13th, 2013 at 8:42 am said:

Honeyslug and Dick Hogg. Man, what a combination of words!

Hohokum looks so, so cool. Really excited to check it out.

Also, regarding #1 and #2, is there any link you have to confirmation that its on PSN at midnight?

+ TwinDad on September 13th, 2013 at 8:44 am said:

2 hours is awesome. I play the podcast on my commute, doing house work, and playing games. So I’m liking it.

@chatbox, keep in mind that if they said Midnight launch on PSN that it would be pacific time and not likely EST.

+ Xer0Signal on September 13th, 2013 at 9:50 am said:

Also, so glad Nick called out the “raging phoner.” The second Sid said it, that was the first thing that I thought of.

Great show, guys

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on September 13th, 2013 at 11:31 am said:

LOL thanks :)

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Nick Suttner on September 14th, 2013 at 12:15 pm said:

HOW COULD I NOT

+ djnealb on September 13th, 2013 at 1:30 pm said:

Ahhhh, Sid didn’t care for guac recipe. Also, I was WAAAAY off on my guess for last week’s mystery theme. I could have sworn it was from Wild Arms.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on September 15th, 2013 at 11:58 am said:

It sounded delicious! Sorry, we were just in a rush :\

+ djnealb on September 13th, 2013 at 1:32 pm said:

Also, what server are y’all playing FF XIV on? I’m currently on Ultros, but may switch to another that has some more of my friends once server transfers become available.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Nick Suttner on September 14th, 2013 at 12:16 pm said:

I’m on Sargatanas, though I’ll probably break for a bit between work travel the next couple weeks and sooooo many other games. But I’ll be back!

+ Earthling_8 on September 13th, 2013 at 5:26 pm said:

Informative and entertaining show, good job guys. :)

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Nick Suttner on September 14th, 2013 at 12:17 pm said:

Thanks! Infotainment is our area of expertise.

+ Earthling_8 on September 13th, 2013 at 5:33 pm said:

Just saw the trailer to Hohokum and it’s wonderful.

+ thebiglouie on September 13th, 2013 at 6:57 pm said:

@5, rabidninjamonky,
All of those games are now gone from the PSM section of the store. Thank goodness.

Justin,
Midnight Sun Long Version from one of the home versions was my favorite, though I enjoyed the rest of thrash metal songs from M. Izumi the most.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on September 13th, 2013 at 9:15 pm said:

Ahhhh Mutsuhiko Izumi is insane. Some of the hardest songs in the entire series. Midnight Sun is one of the first songs I played on repeat until I nailed it though, way back on 3rd Mix.

Nice to talk to someone about these games — I’ve been holding it inside for years. :)

+ rabidninjamonky on September 13th, 2013 at 8:12 pm said:

@ thebiglouie Yes!! That’s great news. Thanks for for letting me know. Hopefully they go out of business. Those Dragon Age Inquisition screenshots are gorgeous! I hope the gameplay is more like DA origins than DA 2. DAO was amazing, DA2 not so much.

+ TONIC_3MENDO on September 14th, 2013 at 5:24 am said:

Hi, after so many years with my PS3, I have never tried the Playstation Plus. Does anyone have a trial code for this?

TONIC

+ PsychoSploosh69 on September 14th, 2013 at 2:17 pm said:

Ep #100, I’d like to see Jak Tretton again and Kaz Hirai.

+ Kaddyshacks on September 16th, 2013 at 1:32 am said:

This show was a lot of fun, and I really enjoyed the banter. You guys seem to be more relaxed and having fun taking jabs at each other. Good stuff!

+ zombie9 on September 16th, 2013 at 10:41 am said:

The song at the end was pixel junk shooter? show was good and very good info. sorry for posting so late I listen why I work ( when i’m free).
Going to go TP the bosses new VET this year for Halloween. I hope it rains that day :)

+ Mike_Chapp08 on September 16th, 2013 at 5:52 pm said:

As always your shows are 100% filled with farm fresh awesomeness. I am now a proud Vita owner to keep me busy til I get the PS4 next year sometime. At 42 gaming is never boring and I know friends way older then me that love playing casual games on PS3 and Vita..Great show and love the interviews you guys do. keep up the awesomeness.

+ quezara on September 17th, 2013 at 2:21 pm said:

This may be wishful thinking, but is there any chance that transcripts for this show would be made available?

There is a lot of information here, and trying to get to what I find relevant would be so much easier if they existed.