PS4 - Transistor

The Drop: Week of September 16th 2013 New Releases

Ryan Clements's Avatar + Posted by Ryan Clements on Sep 15, 2013 // Social Media Specialist

The Drop

It’s finally here. The ambitious, long-awaited open world from Rockstar Games, Grand Theft Auto V, hits PS3 this week. The Grand Theft Auto franchise has commanded the attention of gamers for years, and the launch of a new entry in the series is a true industry event. And this is no exception.

Grand Theft Auto V introducers gamers to a trio of protagonists pulled (once again) into a life of crime. New to the series, Grand Theft Auto V supports dynamic switching between these three characters, enabling players to weave in and out of action — and the sprawling city of Los Santos. Plan heists, drive luxurious cars, grab a round of golf, or just cause trouble. All and more await in Los Santos.

But Grand Theft Auto V isn’t the only game dropping next week. Real Boxing hits PS Vita and brings with it an eye-catching boxing simulation with refined controls and additional features. For the complete list of games coming, head on down.

Enjoy the Drop, and tell us what you think of our new, streamlined format!

GTA Screenshot for The Drop

New Releases This Week

Week of September 16th, 2013

Grand Theft Auto V

(PS3, Retail, PSN)

Real Boxing

(PS Vita, PSN)

Hot Wheels World’s Best Driver

(PS3, Retail, PSN)

Capcom Fighting Evolution

(PS2 Classic, PSN)

Learn more about this week’s new releases on our official, weekly show: PlayStation Blogcast.

GTA Art Nervous Ron

What are you most looking forward to this week? Will you be starting (or continuing) a life of crime in Grand Theft Auto V? Drop us a line and let us know.

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ Wario64 on September 15th, 2013 at 12:05 pm said:

HOT WHEELS!!

+ nirvana8726 on September 15th, 2013 at 12:05 pm said:

+ nirvana8726 on September 15th, 2013 at 12:05 pm said:

darn :(

+ CrashSpyro on September 15th, 2013 at 12:08 pm said:

I liked the prior format including some information about the game instead of this pure list format. Please consider including that information in the future. Thanks.

+ ICE_KOLD_KILLA92 on September 15th, 2013 at 12:08 pm said:

Finally found GTA V Special Edition on Amazon Spain (I live in Spain) and was able to pre-order right before they were out of stock. Getting it a bit late but it’s ok. I’m gonna be on that game 24/7 during the next couple of months!

+ TLOUJOEL on September 15th, 2013 at 12:12 pm said:

Hey, Ryan. There’s been a lot of confusion surrounding the GTA V PSN release. @PlayStation is saying it’ll be up for download at 12:00am EST, but the PlayStation Store is saying 12:00am PST. Would you be able to provide some clarification?

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on September 15th, 2013 at 12:38 pm said:

The @PlayStation Twitter account is saying Eastern Time too. Here is the tweet:

Grand Theft Auto V will be available for download on the US PlayStation Store starting at 12AM Eastern Time this Tuesday, 9/17

+ Joshey_boo on September 15th, 2013 at 12:16 pm said:

Anxiously awaiting GTA 5 :)

+ DavidHewett on September 15th, 2013 at 12:18 pm said:

rockstar said north america could pre load gta v at 3 am monday so I canceled my gamestop order and pre ordered on psn so I could play right at midnight with it already downloaded.
Now you’re saying not untill tuesday 12 am est wtf???? it will be so slow with everyone trying to download it at once.

+ TLOUJOEL on September 15th, 2013 at 12:20 pm said:

@DavidHewett I did the same. Unfortunate situation. I just hope it is made clear exactly what time it’ll be available. Last thing I wanna do is wait until midnight only to find I still have a 3 hour wait.

+ Zezzler on September 15th, 2013 at 12:20 pm said:

As far as the new format for the Drop goes, I would like a mix of old and new. I liked how everything is split up into PSN, Vita, Retail, PS2, etc. But I like how this one is much shorter, and gets rid of some of the clutter.

A good hybrid would be perfect.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on September 15th, 2013 at 12:40 pm said:

Thanks. This is a work-in-progress for sure.

+ Faintfeend on September 15th, 2013 at 12:21 pm said:

GTAV Can be preloaded at 3 am east coast time on the 16th. Can’t wait!

+ TLOUJOEL on September 15th, 2013 at 12:22 pm said:

^ I don’t believe that is the case anymore. See Rockstars twitter.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on September 15th, 2013 at 12:39 pm said:

The game will be available for download on the US PlayStation Store starting at 12AM Eastern Time this Tuesday, 9/17

+ guitarded77 on September 15th, 2013 at 12:23 pm said:

This week is all about GTAV… any other game is just being sent out to die.

+ Nates4Christ on September 15th, 2013 at 12:29 pm said:

I don’t like the new layout of the drop. I don’t like the blogcast and there is no reason for it to be here. I liked having a little description of the games rather than a short list. I’m not a fan of GTA 5 getting two pictures and there are no other pictures of any of the other games. I don’t like GTA.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on September 15th, 2013 at 12:40 pm said:

Thanks for the feedback, we’re listening!

+ stlthriot on September 15th, 2013 at 12:33 pm said:

When can we start downloading GTA5? I hear it is massive! :)

+ Conaaando on September 15th, 2013 at 12:34 pm said:

GTA V GTA V GTA V GAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

+ Faintfeend on September 15th, 2013 at 12:35 pm said:

@nates4christ
I’m just curious. What exactly is it about the gta series that you don’t like?

+ Faintfeend on September 15th, 2013 at 12:38 pm said:

Is it just to awesome 4 you?

+ FreelanceSam on September 15th, 2013 at 12:39 pm said:

Don’t forget, people! Flight 2K and Goin’ Nuts are coming to The Pinball Arcade on Tuesday as well!

+ kivi95 on September 15th, 2013 at 12:41 pm said:

OLD FORMAT PLEASE.

I mean just giving information about GTA 5 seems to a bit disrespectful to the other games that are releasing this week.

+ Faintfeend on September 15th, 2013 at 12:42 pm said:

@nates4christ
I think it is fair to say that you are in the minority when it comes to gta.

+ Faintfeend on September 15th, 2013 at 12:46 pm said:

The new format does suck. Most gamers would like to be able to read something about a game they may not know anything about.

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on September 15th, 2013 at 12:49 pm said:

Good luck, all other games.

+ Fedast on September 15th, 2013 at 12:57 pm said:

Haha, the 1st comment is hilarious. BTW, unless you are Rockstar, this is the worst week ever to release a new game.

+ PainOfSarrow on September 15th, 2013 at 12:59 pm said:

hell yea GTA V going be raw AF. cant wait on tuesday. epic arrives

+ gohan16ken on September 15th, 2013 at 1:08 pm said:

Can all games be available for download Tues 12 midnight EST from now on? I am sick and tired that I have to wait until 5-8pm EST.

Also, can games be downloaded faster? I have 50Mbps and it took me over a hour to download 12GB SFxT last week.

Thanks.

+ gohan16ken on September 15th, 2013 at 1:13 pm said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbDwbgT592E People are making fun of your Tuesday update of digital games. Please improve it.

+ xKOROSHIYAx on September 15th, 2013 at 1:14 pm said:

+1 for bringing back the old layout for weekly releases.

+ DevilAlien on September 15th, 2013 at 1:17 pm said:

Can we get a reason, why not available to pre-load the GTA5, when is already out in the EU psn store ? Please ?

+ Gogo_ZvC on September 15th, 2013 at 1:29 pm said:

I didn’t mind the long list, always liked scrolling down and finding some surprises. This isn’t too bad, but I prefer it closer to the other layout.

I don’t mind the blog at all, but consider starting it where you guys actually start talking about the new releases if possible.

Definitively keep it more visual if you can! Thank you :)

+ gamer_316 on September 15th, 2013 at 1:38 pm said:

Sw00t! I love how this Drop is almost fully dedicated to GTA V & whatever else is comin out is pretty much dwarved, we have another historic moment in gaming history upon us, I’ll take one Collector’s Edition please lol & i’m super excited to pick it up @ midnight

+ Anddo on September 15th, 2013 at 1:41 pm said:

So many mixed messages about the GTA download. I truly hope it’s 12am EST, and not 3am est.

+ BlueRobotX on September 15th, 2013 at 1:43 pm said:

@Faintfeend I don’t like GTA either and I’m sure there are other a lot of other people who don’t like GTA not everyone has to like GTA.

+ rafael_martines on September 15th, 2013 at 1:43 pm said:

YaY Capcom Fighting Evolution XD

+ jchill001 on September 15th, 2013 at 1:44 pm said:

nothing this week

+ lamtrijo95 on September 15th, 2013 at 1:52 pm said:

Rockstar Games ‏@RockstarGames 13 sep
Those who’ve pre-ordered #GTAV on PSN will be able to preload the game as follows: Sunday 3pm BST in Europe; Monday 3am EST in the US

Is this true?

+ deadendblues on September 15th, 2013 at 1:57 pm said:

I enjoy the new layout. Don’t have to scroll much

+ DeathGazer on September 15th, 2013 at 1:59 pm said:

Other games dare to come out the same day as GTA V? Ouch, good luck to them.

+ XtemmA2 on September 15th, 2013 at 2:07 pm said:

meh.

+ PainOfSarrow on September 15th, 2013 at 2:08 pm said:

deadendblues but you hade to scroll alllll the way down to leave ah comment. outchhh

+ xClayMeow on September 15th, 2013 at 2:15 pm said:

Nothing good this week.

+ Gamerzlimited on September 15th, 2013 at 2:17 pm said:

Other than Grand Theft Auto V, I shouldn’t expect anything else this week.

+ Biggz124 on September 15th, 2013 at 2:33 pm said:

Hi Sid, you should consider switching up midnight release dates to Atlantic/Newfoundland time zones, that way 95% of North American have it on time. :)

+ Faintfeend on September 15th, 2013 at 2:38 pm said:

@bluerobotx
At what point did I say everyone has to or anyone for that matter has to like the gta series. I simply asked what it was about gta that he did not like. So either learn to read or reread what was said.

+ thebiglouie on September 15th, 2013 at 2:53 pm said:

An early The Drop. I’m okay with that.

As others said, bring back the small descriptions for each game. Also, any chance of adding in significant add-ons, if any exist, to these posts?

+ shredthegnar02 on September 15th, 2013 at 2:54 pm said:

Does anyone know if you get online access when you pre-order GTAV or will you have to buy a separate online pass in the future? I know multiplayer will not be available until Oct. but was just wondering if online/multiplayer capabilities are included with your purchase. This is the first time I’ve done the day 1 digital thing or pre-order a game through the PSN

+ camiwaits_us on September 15th, 2013 at 2:57 pm said:

I liked the old format better; it was more informative.

+ Demonhunter84 on September 15th, 2013 at 3:30 pm said:

GTA 5 this week. Seems about the only good thing releasing this week.

+ Sgt_0951 on September 15th, 2013 at 3:34 pm said:

That Hot Wheels game looks interesting, but a description of the game would have been nice.

I probably won’t be able to pick up my GTA preorder until Wednesday depending on when Gamestop closes (I work all day Tuesday).

+ whatisdelicious on September 15th, 2013 at 3:36 pm said:

If you guys can’t get pre-loading straightened out before PS4 comes out, it’s really going to drag the entire next generation down. I could literally just go to the store at midnight and buy the game and come back and play it for HOURS before the download would finish from the PS Store. It’s ridiculous. This is a huge game. It’s going to take me hours to download and install it. The fact that there’s no pre-loading functionality ONLY in North America, which is the biggest market for GTA V, is honestly inexcusable.

PAGE 1 2 3 5