No Man's Sky

Grand Theft Auto V Now Available on PS3

R*Q's Avatar + Posted by R*Q on Sep 17, 2013 //

Grand Theft Auto V on PS3

Today we are proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto V is now available worldwide on PS3.

Developed by series creators Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V pushes the series forward in exciting new ways. For the first time, players can jump in and out of the lives of three simultaneously playable lead characters, experiencing all sides of an interwoven story. Set in a satirical reimagining of modern Southern California, Grand Theft Auto V offers players the freedom to explore the dense urban metropolis of Los Santos and the wide open countryside of Blaine County; plan and execute a series of epic heists; meet a vast array of strangers and freaks; or participate in a host of activities, from golf to arms trafficking, base jumping to yoga and much more.

Grand Theft Auto V also includes access to Grand Theft Auto Online, the revolutionary new open world online game launching October 1st that comes free with every copy.

43 Comments

+ cbreem on September 17th, 2013 at 10:39 am said:

Just picked this up, can’t wait to get into GTA Online!

+ mwtbBeAtEnUdltr on September 17th, 2013 at 10:41 am said:

GTA V is amazing!! Can’t wait to try GTA online!! Truely game changing!!

+ Thwip on September 17th, 2013 at 10:42 am said:

Picked up my copy at a midnight launch, it’s amazing so far!

+ boxmyth on September 17th, 2013 at 10:48 am said:

After work (unfortunately), but THEN, I’ll be all over it.

+ guitarded77 on September 17th, 2013 at 10:55 am said:

STOP WITH THE GTAV!!! IT’S EVERYWHERE… and I have to wait until I get home from work to play.

I am glad R* have got a handle on the Cell processor finally. GTAV looks and runs best on PS3, unlike GTAIV and RDR.

+ ephyon1 on September 17th, 2013 at 11:04 am said:

please answer, why is gta v priced at 75.49 dollars at the mexican ps store, is this a mistake?

+ Vinkoniggma on September 17th, 2013 at 11:06 am said:

Questions:
Regarding GTA Online, is it on the disc itself or is it a redeemable code/online pass? I know I’m not the only one who may buy the game used.
Will GTA Online be sold separately in the future?

+ gohan16ken on September 17th, 2013 at 11:10 am said:

I saw that you allow GTA5 to be downloaded early before the store update. Please do that for all games going forward. Thank you.

+ MapleStory on September 17th, 2013 at 11:19 am said:

Congrats on yet another fantastic release, Rockstar! Definitely a GOTY contender right here, if not game of the generation! Would be amazing if GTA Online would allow for the entire story mode to be played with 2 friends.

+ tusunami on September 17th, 2013 at 11:21 am said:

Yes the game is amazing, but what I don’t like was that a lot of game journalist gave the game 9.75 when it should have a ten. But when Cod comes out watch it get a ten & probably game of the year. What ever panel has the job of deciding game of the year has a difficult task ahead of them. There are so many triple A titles it’s going to be difficult task indeed. cod better not get game of the year because if it does then I know that the whole process is tainted & they were paid to lie for Cod to be game of the year.

+ SWIFTYSNAKE on September 17th, 2013 at 11:42 am said:

So is the pulse headset mode up?

+ rabidninjamonky on September 17th, 2013 at 11:49 am said:

@ swiftysnake Yes. I already downloaded the custom sound mode and the atomic blimp, just waiting for the 8466 mb to install to the hard drive. So excited!

+ LSMJGO on September 17th, 2013 at 12:01 pm said:

when is ifruit coming to android and/or ps vita

+ SWIFTYSNAKE on September 17th, 2013 at 12:15 pm said:

@rabidninjamonky cool thanks . I had to play with surround sound in the middle of the night cuz my headset wasnt charged and I couldnt find a usb cable. Im like 4 missions in and its an amazing game. Let me know how it sounds if you can. I wobt be able to play till later

+ honkayjeezus on September 17th, 2013 at 12:18 pm said:

Are you doing Rockstar ads?

+ kenjial12 on September 17th, 2013 at 12:27 pm said:

respond please
+ djsaiyan on September 17th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:
It’s getting progressively harder to look at the list of games that EU Plus is getting and NOT think, “I want that. Why can’t we have that? It’s the same service, why can’t we get in on that too?”
Now, as far as I know Plus is managed in each region by that region’s branch of Sony Computer Entertainment. So SCEA handles it here, SCEE in Europe, and so on.
So, what are they doing that SCEA isn’t? How are they able to get so many more retail titles than here? Is it the exchange rate, allowing for bigger payouts to major publishers? Smaller number of subscribers? BIGGER number of subscribers?
I don’t want to complain like a a private in the Entitlement Brigade. I just want to understand the how and the why of it. There’s a huge discrepancy between their service and ours. I understand that there are a number of good reasons for it. I really just want to know what they are, and if there’s anything that can be done to fix it.
Just trying to get my head around why their service is so much better than our (still quite awesome) service.

+ Loggernaut on September 17th, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

The game is being displayed at $75.49 USD in the mexican PSN, it’s outrageous and I hope it’s a mistake.

+ BlueBl1zzard on September 17th, 2013 at 1:02 pm said:

Awesome job Rockstar! Sadly I won’t be buying this today, but you can be sure I’ll be picking it up sometime in the future. Oh yeah, also can we PLEASE get a GTA for vita? The world pretty much needs one.

P.S. how is this post rated anything less than a 5.0?

+ LuiSpartanMIMIMI on September 17th, 2013 at 1:05 pm said:

I’m 100% fan of GTA, having finished every game out there from PS2, PS3 and PSP, and with V with won’t be different!

Rockstar, you’re one of my favorite developers! Thank you very much!

+ Josh-Shiki on September 17th, 2013 at 1:13 pm said:

I know this might not be the place but ICO is under the Free Games setion for $19.99 you guys forgot to set it for Free.

+ Lefoul-123 on September 17th, 2013 at 1:27 pm said:

They are scaming mexicans charging them 15 dls more for the same game.

+ Lefoul-123 on September 17th, 2013 at 1:34 pm said:

Im playing it rigth now and its full of bugs.

+ TwinDad on September 17th, 2013 at 1:42 pm said:

@tusunami

trolling/10

Because opinions can be wrong. What makes me giggle is the rant about COD not being worthy of GOTY when you haven’t played it.

+ NFLPA on September 17th, 2013 at 1:46 pm said:

going to get it now

+ AceBeeDee on September 17th, 2013 at 2:01 pm said:

Still gotta wait for Amazon to ship. Man, i remember when Amazon used to be awesome.

+ RidleysBox on September 17th, 2013 at 2:04 pm said:

@16 They pay more, and it is a smaller market. Also, there is nothing stopping anyone from making a UK PSN account and getting PS Plus there. You can buy yearly subscriptions of amazon.uk in US dollars and have them ship it to you very cheaply. Other than vita titles, you can play PS Plus games on any account, once they are are on your PS3.

+ rabidninjamonky on September 17th, 2013 at 2:06 pm said:

@25 Amazon is awesome! I got mine 2 1/2 hours ago. This game is amazing. To me it feels like the next gen happened today! I am truly blown away Rockstar. What is up with the IFruit app though? It won’t download for me.

+ rabidninjamonky on September 17th, 2013 at 2:16 pm said:

@ Swiftysnake Yeah it sounds great, but I wish it was louder. I might have to buy an amp. Still sounds way better than without the headphones. Not sure why, but without my headphones I have to turn up my tv extremely loud to hear.

+ pudgenet on September 17th, 2013 at 3:12 pm said:

+ pudgenet on September 17th, 2013 at 3:12 pm said:

Oh yeah, and iFruit on iOS is terrible. It keeps not connecting and forgetting my login and so on.

+ Conaaando on September 17th, 2013 at 3:13 pm said:

Downloading! \o/

+ jawara on September 17th, 2013 at 3:16 pm said:

Plz make a GTA for PS Vita rockstar! Plz!!!! It will sell Vitas like crazy and make you a ton of money.

+ Matrix_Lion on September 17th, 2013 at 3:35 pm said:

It’s Time For Some Thuggin’ And Buggin’, Playa!

+ PrimeroIncognito on September 17th, 2013 at 6:35 pm said:

pudgenet on September 17th, 2013 at 3:12 pm said: “FWIW, this came out nearly an hour after Sony said it would be out. Pretty annoying. It shouldn’t be that hard to do it right.”

Oh my God! It’s the end of the world!

+ juggalorider on September 17th, 2013 at 8:32 pm said:

I can’t sign into psn to download game. Is anyone else getting message saying the connection to Sony entertainment network timed out? I am an Sony can’t help me

+ juggalorider on September 17th, 2013 at 8:35 pm said:

It’s really annoying that I can’t sign in an Sony says it nothing to do with gta5 but I hooked it up thro the Ethernet an still it don’t work. I wonder why I’m the only person on here that can’t sign in

+ Crazy-PES on September 18th, 2013 at 4:06 am said:

Grand Theft Auto V Erorre

+ Welmosca on September 18th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

Wonder how long it’ll take to get boring after beating the story,at least I hope for a lot of side-missions,decent ones….whatever looking forward to play with Franklin but I’m only getting this game when very cheap or the “All DLCs included” edition.

@ 10 tusunami – Ha 10?…to GTA?…only perfect games would receive 10….GTA is far away from that….giving more than 8.0 to a GTA game is beyond ridiculous….thus why all those reviews are biased.

+ DT_Smashin on September 18th, 2013 at 9:30 pm said:

fvuk you sony my digital copy of GTA 5 on PS3 gave me this 80029564 install error 3 time man i demand refund or something!!!!!

+ Jisatsu_Kiddo on September 18th, 2013 at 10:22 pm said:

38+ Welmosca

2/10 would not troll again

+ PrinceofXIII on September 23rd, 2013 at 5:58 pm said:

lol i do agree the franchise is overrated as hell.

shame alot of people are too biased to see the truth.

and lol GTAIV a 10 also? gotta love that bias!

would rather have Yakuza 5 and Ishin than any GTA since Vice City.

maybe implement an actual living breathing world instead of a lifeless sandbox game next time?

+ BigJelly66 on September 26th, 2013 at 8:51 pm said:

I bought Grand Theft Auto V on the Playstation@Store, will I still be able to receive the online version of Grand Theft Auto Online when I bought this from the Playstation@Store or will I have to buy it seperately. I mean when the game updates I think it would let me have the online version of Grand Theft Auto V and allow me to get into the online servers. Rockstar should allow us to have online servers when you also buy Grand Theft Auto V on the Playstation@Store.

If getting it free is the case, hook me up with a crew. :)

I’m totally looking forward to the jobs, new character slot, heisting, racing, and tradition game modes. The most fun part about it is that it is more fun to play with your Friends and escape reality into somewhere you feel more comfortable and feel like kicking ass. ^^

But please keep me updated.. If you can please help me.. Message me through the Playstation@Network or on here. I’m mostly on Playstation@Network 99.9% of the time.. I’m not really on here.

Again.. Looking for a crew. I’ve already beat the game and nearly 100% and ready to take on the online version. :)

+ NAWFBOUND on October 9th, 2013 at 11:02 am said:

So I try to update gtA5 and it freeze my system every time anyone else with this problem