Far Cry 4

PlayStation Comes to Fantastic Fest in Austin

Sharon Kapitula's Avatar + Posted by Sharon Kapitula on Sep 17, 2013 // Platform Marketing, SCEA

Hello! We’re very excited to be sponsoring Fantastic Arcade (Sept. 19 – 22), the gaming offshoot of Austin’s sci-fi/horror/fantasy film festival Fantastic Fest, again this year. If you are attending, swing by the PlayStation area to get hands-on with a bunch of neat games for PS Vita, including upcoming indie titles like Luftrausers, Fez, Hohokum, and TxK.

Fantastic Arcade

Also, if you’re a game developer or interested in becoming one, our Developer Relations team will be holding a panel on Friday at 4:00pm:

We <3 Devs: Self-publishing Indie Games on PlayStation platforms
It’s exciting times around PlayStation – PS4 launches in less than two months, and PS Vita is really hitting its stride (as you’ll see if you stop by our Fantastic Arcade sponsorship area!). We’ve been putting the spotlight on indie developers all year, and we’ve been making our platforms friendlier than ever to self-publish on – if you’re an indie developer, we’d love to work with you! The SCEA Developer Relations will be on-hand to talk about the process and answer any burning questions you may have.

Here’s the full list of PlayStation games that are playable at the show – hope to see you there!

Fantastic Fest PS Vita Lineup

• Tokyo Jungle
  • Little Acorns
  • Hermit Crab in Space
  • Hills of Glory WWII
  • Ten By Eight

+ tusunami on September 17th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

This is great to highlight up coming games for the PS Vita, I will be glad when terraria comes out for PS Vita because every other platform has it accept for PS Vita. I wonder why is it taking which seems like forever to come out.

+ TwinDad on September 17th, 2013 at 12:03 pm said:

TxK was incredibly fun to play at PAX. I’m glad Sony is bringing the event around the country to let people play.

Sharon Kapitula's Avatar

+ Sharon Kapitula on September 17th, 2013 at 1:32 pm said:

Glad you got to try it out!

+ cassarcc on September 17th, 2013 at 12:25 pm said:

Will Sony give discount in those games, for PS Plus members? I want Hotline Miami, Tearaway and Spelunky…

+ kenjial12 on September 17th, 2013 at 12:28 pm said:

respond please
+ djsaiyan on September 17th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:
It’s getting progressively harder to look at the list of games that EU Plus is getting and NOT think, “I want that. Why can’t we have that? It’s the same service, why can’t we get in on that too?”
Now, as far as I know Plus is managed in each region by that region’s branch of Sony Computer Entertainment. So SCEA handles it here, SCEE in Europe, and so on.
So, what are they doing that SCEA isn’t? How are they able to get so many more retail titles than here? Is it the exchange rate, allowing for bigger payouts to major publishers? Smaller number of subscribers? BIGGER number of subscribers?
I don’t want to complain like a a private in the Entitlement Brigade. I just want to understand the how and the why of it. There’s a huge discrepancy between their service and ours. I understand that there are a number of good reasons for it. I really just want to know what they are, and if there’s anything that can be done to fix it.
Just trying to get my head around why their service is so much better than our (still quite awesome) service.

+ Avadark on September 17th, 2013 at 12:29 pm said:

Please do give Metrico a try and give us your feedback! We’re still working very hard on it and would very much like to hear of your experience and opinion.
(We can’t make it to the event this time unfortunately, but you can find us on i.e. Facebook or Twitter @MetricoGame)

Sharon Kapitula's Avatar

+ Sharon Kapitula on September 17th, 2013 at 1:36 pm said:

Metrico is awesome, can’t wait to see people’s reactions :)

+ SpaceOddity87 on September 17th, 2013 at 12:39 pm said:

Several games there that I hadn’t heard about before. If I had known there was a Vita version of Fez coming, I might have held off and waited for that. Less likely now. Flower on the Vita would be cool, though. And is that Tokyo Jungle Mobile or a proper port of Tokyo Jungle?

Sharon Kapitula's Avatar

+ Sharon Kapitula on September 17th, 2013 at 1:30 pm said:

The bottom 5 games (Tokyo Jungle, Little Acorns, Hermit Crab in Space, Hills of Glory WWII, Ten By Eight) are PS Mobile but will be playable on the PS Vita. Thanks for catching that!!

+ Xcaligamer1 on September 17th, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

tempted to go, not just for games but wll…starting a gaming cafe soon and would love to have playstation brand to be a part off the grand scheme of things

+ nexusdroid on September 17th, 2013 at 3:16 pm said:

Does flower have a release date yet? It has been demo’d on Vita for years

+ Lyconi on September 17th, 2013 at 3:31 pm said:

I wish i could go. Sounds like a great line up but what i really cant wait for is Rogue Legacy. Come on, Sony!

+ Ragna0088 on September 17th, 2013 at 7:43 pm said:

Is Ys Celceta still being released on the 24th of this month?Its amust buy for those thaf have at least played and liked a Ys game before.

+ Elvick_ on September 18th, 2013 at 3:31 am said:

Hope Flower for PS Vita releases soon. I need it in my life…

+ bitmuncher on September 18th, 2013 at 11:04 am said:

Any update on Luftrausers release date?!

+ Welmosca on September 18th, 2013 at 11:22 am said:

Oh damn..I didn’t know Tokyo Jungle is coming to Vita…thats some great news for me…love that game…btw I cant wait to play Runner 2 on Vita.

On another talk…is that the symbol of the Fantastic Fest?….the eye in the computer?….can’t believe those ******* are everywhere….get that **** outta here Sony.