PS4 - Destiny

New Trailer: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD for PS3, PS Vita Coming This Winter

Adrian Chen's Avatar + Posted by Adrian Chen on Sep 19, 2013 // Product Manager, Square Enix

It gives me great pleasure to announce that Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster is officially launching this winter. The team has been hard at work making this beloved game even more beautiful than before, so we’re thrilled with the progress so far. While you wait, check out our latest trailer, which we debuted at Tokyo Game Show this week.

Also don’t forget that pre-ordering will score you a free upgrade to a Limited Edition art book package, which contains several pieces of original concept art from the early development phases of Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 more than ten years ago. We’ve also gathered quotes and commentary from several of the original development team members, including a special message to you, the fans, from Producer Yoshinori Kitase!

Be sure to follow us on Facebook for all the latest news.

79 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ socksandshoes22 on September 19th, 2013 at 1:09 am said:

YES could not be happier. Hope I can buy them both for Vita digital day 1. Any word on that?

+ socksandshoes22 on September 19th, 2013 at 1:12 am said:

I should also say that I hope “this winter” means in the year 2013. Would be a nice birthday gift to myself at the end of the year, at least.

+ bocahfooty on September 19th, 2013 at 1:14 am said:

Please please let the Vita version be released simultaneously.

+ KirAMinh on September 19th, 2013 at 1:18 am said:

Wait, you meant THIS WINTER is about Ocoter to December or Fiscal Year ~ January or February?!

Just explain this rite for us! Cause its almost 2 years from the annoucement event. We’re all waiting for this, such a long time ago.

+ Speedfreak_R on September 19th, 2013 at 1:18 am said:

I’ve two questions:

1) Will it be a cross buy?
2) Will Japanese voice-overs be available?

Thanks in advance!

+ Elvick_ on September 19th, 2013 at 1:19 am said:

I want retail versions for PS Vita.

I don’t care if I have to pay more for both.

+ Heavenfang on September 19th, 2013 at 1:22 am said:

I’ve already pre-ordered this to PS3, even though I own both games on PS2. It would be good christmas present for me, wouldn’t need anything else.

+ zulux21 on September 19th, 2013 at 1:22 am said:

Can you confirm one way or another if the Vita version will be getting a physical release at all? Given the silence I figure it will be digital only, but it would be nice to have confirmation that it is digital only so I can stop caring about it until a good sale (a physical release and I will be there day one)

+ Artemisthemp on September 19th, 2013 at 1:24 am said:

Keep in mind this winter could mean anyway from December to February.

+ GaleGlory89 on September 19th, 2013 at 1:32 am said:

@Artemisthemp Probably December to January since February is pretty much lightning’s date now.

+ peruhandcrafts on September 19th, 2013 at 1:46 am said:

Glad to see its finally coming. Although Winter is officially from December to April, so I guess it will be a 2014 release?

Also, please bring a physical release to Vita!!

+ RagnaXBL on September 19th, 2013 at 1:49 am said:

wth does “this winter” mean?

+ Hestar69 on September 19th, 2013 at 1:57 am said:

Please tell me it’ll be out in 2013 for the US. FFX is my favorite game and I’ve been dying to play FFX and FFX2

+ rabidninjamonky on September 19th, 2013 at 2:04 am said:

I also want to see a retail release on vita, and would pay an extra $20 for it. Both of these games are going to be 3 GB+ a piece i’m sure, and I don’t want to use that much of my memory card. Please consider it. Also, I’m not sure if it’s you or Sony’s fault, but why can’t we play FFV on our vita’s? Can you make that happen please? Or better yet, can you give us the IOS version?

+ TimeSkipLuffyUS on September 19th, 2013 at 2:05 am said:

Isn’t it announced for December in Japan only? Or will it be released in the US this winter as well? :3

+ apoco_483 on September 19th, 2013 at 2:37 am said:

@15 NO that was proved to be a FAKE leak. This article is the only confirmed date for anywhere.

+ KnifingGrimace on September 19th, 2013 at 2:55 am said:

Thanks for the heads up on the art book. Next time I go out, I’ll sign a pre-order. I’ve been looking forward to this for… well, since the HD editions were announced.

+ Saiyan1337 on September 19th, 2013 at 3:18 am said:

So I guess amazon was semi-right with the December 31, 2013 date. Interesting. Finally something more exact instead of just “2013″ lol. Cant wait. :D

+ miky_magawolaz on September 19th, 2013 at 3:34 am said:

So much for that 2013 release

+ TimeSkipLuffyUS on September 19th, 2013 at 3:54 am said:

I want a separate trophy list :3

+ Vextalon on September 19th, 2013 at 4:17 am said:

I can’t wait as long as it isn’t released like the collector’s edition Kingdom Hearts HD Remix. I don’t like the packaging of the gme being with the artbook. Though this is totally the year of the remakes. Any idea of when an Onimusha HD trilogy will emerge from Capcom?

+ RidleysBox on September 19th, 2013 at 4:28 am said:

PS3 or Vita, can’t decide which to get!

+ Elvick_ on September 19th, 2013 at 4:40 am said:

@21: I love the artbook, but yeah I’m not a fan of it also being the game case. That really messes with my shelf situation. -.-

+ jdumalagan24 on September 19th, 2013 at 4:51 am said:

please release it on ps vita or at the same time..

+ MakoSOLIDER on September 19th, 2013 at 5:15 am said:

Will the Ps3 version be on PSN?

+ jayrabbit on September 19th, 2013 at 5:19 am said:

is this deal of preordering also apply to gamestop to get the upgrade?

+ GGCAN on September 19th, 2013 at 5:35 am said:

Adrian, just wanted to say thanks for the upcoming Vita support of this game !

+ JimmyHACK on September 19th, 2013 at 5:37 am said:

Word of caution for those expecting it this year. Winter doesn’t start until late December. And we all know how many people release games late December.

+ electronicpart on September 19th, 2013 at 5:44 am said:

I cannot wait , do you know if it going to be cross buy? or can I just move my save game from PS3 to Vita so I can keep playing on the go?

+ xxnike629xx on September 19th, 2013 at 5:53 am said:

Funny thing..

a. we still don’t know what version this HD Collection is using. i’m hoping it’s the international version
b. i’m hoping that this game sells very well and Square-Enix brings us:
—> kingdom hearts 2.5 hd remix (kh2 final mix, kh bbs final mix, kh coded cut scene, kh ddd hd)
—> final fantasy xii hd (use the international zodiac version)

Also, Sony… You guys should really get to Capcom and convince them to stop screwing around and making so many bad decisions; most of which upset us gamers which translates to and results in what Capcom is going through now (economic failure where they don’t have much money).

+ xxnike629xx on September 19th, 2013 at 5:53 am said:

From Capcom, what we need on the PS3 (disc and or digital)…

Capcom vs. SNK HD Collection

- Mega Man Legends 1-2
- Misadventures of Tron Bonne

Onimusha HD Collection
- Onimusha 1-3, Dawn of Dreams
- analog controls
- Japanese voice w/ English sub
- HD remastering (graphics, audio, and cut scenes)

Power Stone HD Collection

Street Fighter Alpha 3 HD
- GGPO
- graphical filter updates
- M-ISM and other new ISM (from Alpha Anthology)
- trophies/achievements
- etc.

X-Men vs. Street Fighter & Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter HD Collection
- GGPO
- graphical filter updates
- trophies/achievements
- etc.

That’s it. Do that and Capcom and Sony will be seeing a crap ton of sales and profits! Make it happen.

– xxnike629xx

+ ShinTetsu on September 19th, 2013 at 6:00 am said:

@30

International Version for the remaster has already been confirmed a while ago.

+ Mando44646 on September 19th, 2013 at 6:09 am said:

STILL no release date? How can a game be coming in a matter of months without a hard street date?

+ Elvick_ on September 19th, 2013 at 6:10 am said:

@30: We’ve known since at LEAST July 9th, that it’s based on the International versions. Since that’s the first PS Blog post I found mentioning it. Granted, I didn’t check other ones since the first one I found on google was the one I wanted. (It’s the one with the SD vs HD video and LE details)

And I’m pretty sure we knew prior to that.

+ Argus89 on September 19th, 2013 at 6:27 am said:

i would have some informations about psvita versions…please a retail edition!

+ jkgtyhjllllo9 on September 19th, 2013 at 6:45 am said:

No date, no preorder. Give us an EXACT date and I’ll jump on it.

+ FearMonkey on September 19th, 2013 at 7:03 am said:

Winter is so far away! I want it noooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! T_T

+ godslayer1254 on September 19th, 2013 at 7:23 am said:

Whoa! I thought we were going to get this next year; I’m surprised it’s coming out this winter. Well this is a pleasant surprise; I’m definitely picking this up when it comes out.

+ UnholyBahamut on September 19th, 2013 at 7:25 am said:

still no release date? that’s sad. I guess it will be released before december 31 anyway.

+ bldudas on September 19th, 2013 at 7:35 am said:

I have this on pre-order for my PS3. I just want it before 2013 ends.

+ TwinDad on September 19th, 2013 at 7:48 am said:

December 21, 2013 – Mar 20, 2014, is a broad range to release in. Winter it is. I still need to decide how bad the vita penalty will be.

+ b1tters on September 19th, 2013 at 8:09 am said:

whoa wait a minute. PS3 version is all in one but VITA version is two separate games?

Can some please post a link to explain? Would I have to pay twice? and i was worried about cross buy

+ Ottoroyal on September 19th, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

Okay, I know that Square has their whole goal in mind for a certain day and they probably don’t know when it will be done themselves. However, it would be really nice for them to give us a specific release window instead of a vague “winter” like Ratchet and Clank and Terraria. We all know what winter means, I can’t wait until this releases late February!

+ MarcusGearsofWar on September 19th, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

Digital Digital Digital

+ pOcHo_OX on September 19th, 2013 at 8:34 am said:

physical version for psvita? I’ll love that.

+ ExHaseo on September 19th, 2013 at 8:39 am said:

I was really hoping for an actual release date. As long as it’s still coming I guess. Still waiting on the official announcement for Kingdom Hearts 2.5. We all know it’s coming, and it’d be nice if it came out next year.

+ geassuser87 on September 19th, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

Brace yourself.

Winter is coming

+ InAnimateAlpha on September 19th, 2013 at 9:23 am said:

Im happy for the cross save support and I’m certain im not the only person that wants some kind of cross buy or bundle to play between systems. Thanks for the updates.

+ zzamaro on September 19th, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

Cross buy please.

+ blakseed on September 19th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

I still have my ps2 copies of bot X and X-2 but I cant wait for to play it on PS3 for the HD upgrade and the trophies.

PAGE 1 2