LittleBigPlanet 3

PlayStation Plus: Rayman Origins Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Sep 23, 2013 // Sr. Community Specialist

Ubisoft Montpellier recently released Rayman Legends, a follow-up to the critically acclaimed Rayman Origins. An ever-charming, colorful platformer, Rayman Origins will get you reacquainted with the armless, legless hero who first appeared on the original PlayStation. Rayman is perfect on the PlayStation Vita, and PS Plus members will be able to experience this game for free when it enters the Instant Game Collection tomorrow.

If you never had the chance to try LIMBO, you can grab both the PS3 and PS Vita versions for one low price. All of these PS Plus benefits will be available after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, 9/24.

Best Buy 3 Plus 1

From now until 9/30, buy a 3-month PlayStation Plus membership from Best Buy and get a bonus month free.

Instant Game Collection

Rayman Origins (PS Vita)

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $26.99

Rayman Origins
Rayman Origins is a 2D world with over 60 levels teeming with unexpected secrets and outlandish enemies. When the Glade of Dreams is overrun by “nefurrious” Darktoons, the Fairy Council hastily invokes Rayman to save the day; but the hero of light isn’t quite all there…To help him, Rayman teams up with his best friend, Globox, and two crafty wizards, the Teensies. Together, the world’s most hilarious team of heroes will need to restore peace to the Glade or watch as their beloved home vanishes like a bad dream…

Discounts

Limbo (PS3 & PS Vita, Cross-Buy)

PS Plus Price: $11.99, Regular Price: $14.99

Limbo
Uncertain of his sister’s fate, a boy enters LIMBO. Winner of more than 90 awards, including GameInformer’s “Best Downloadable”, GameSpot’s “Best Puzzle Game”, Kotaku’s “The Best Indie Game”, GameReactor’s “Digital Game of the Year”, Spike TV’s “Best Independent Game”, X-Play’s “Best Downloadable Game” and IGN’s “Best Horror Game”.
Worms Revolution (PS3)

PS Plus Price: $7.50, Regular Price: $14.99

Worms Revolution
Worms Revolution sticks an exploding sheep under worm-on-worm conflict and blasts it squarely into the 21st century. With 32 single player missions, 20 single player puzzles, online or local multiplayer for up to 4 players, 3 multiplayer modes, customization, worm classes and dynamic water!
Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut (PS3 & PS Vita, Cross-Buy)

PS Plus Price: $11.69, Regular Price: $12.99

Lone Survivor
In this psychological survival adventure, the masked protagonist must escape from a city ravaged by disease, by any means necessary. Starving and exhausted, he has begun to question how much of what he sees is even real.
Pinballistik: Alien Tycoon Bundle (PS3)

PS Plus Price: $3.99, Regular Price: $4.99

Pinballistik
Pinball evolves into Battle Pinball! PINBALLISTIK brings more thrills, action and effects to traditional pinball. Play the Single Tables or engage your opponent side-by-side on the Battle Tables. Live out fantasies of wealth and luxury with the Made of Money table. Maintain your fame while fending off hordes of paparazzi. Switch sides with your opponent to steal their fortune gathering on the Battle Table and go from rags to riches!
Pinballistik + DLC Bundle (PS3)

PS Plus Price: $3.99, Regular Price: $4.99

Pinballistik
Go for the full Pinballistik experience by downloading the Circle the Wagons, Sector X and Made of Money tables. Each comes with both a battle and classic table giving you 6 unique tables to go ballistik on. Get your opponent lost in a sand storm while you load up the revolver on Circle the Wagons. Sit by the pool and take in some sun or head over to your garage and work on your car on the Made of Money tables. Navigate the asteroid field and take aim at your opponent on the Sector X tables. Can you handle the non-stop action of pinball in Pinballistik!Pinballistik: Made of Money (PS3 Add-On)
PS Plus Price: $2.39, Regular Price: $2.99

Pinballistik: Sector X (PS3 Add-On)
PS Plus Price: $2.39, Regular Price: $2.99

Last Chance (Leaving on 10/1)

Instant Game Collection

PlayStation Plus Update 9-24-2013

We’ll be back next week with more details on the game arriving to the Instant Game Collection as well as any other benefits we can share.

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure you leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

PAGE 1 4 5 6

+ wwwdotjames on September 24th, 2013 at 7:01 am said:

Love Rayman…. Waiting for Spyro and Crash to land on the Vita! 2 of my fav games need to be with me wherever I go. LET’ DO THIS!!!

+ patorikku017 on September 24th, 2013 at 7:07 am said:

is there a possibility of having a discount on soul sacrifice and ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 because i missed the last discount on them, please let me know if it is possible in the near future.thanks

+ ossiecastro5 on September 24th, 2013 at 7:14 am said:

Comments are the lifeblood of the PlayStation.Blog, and we encourage you to keep the conversation going in a relevant, constructive way. Remember: no swearing, fighting, or using the comments section of this blog to be “first!” Think about what you’re saying before you press “Submit.” If you’d like to talk about something off topic, click here for our Forums, or here to submit a new idea.

This is the little paragraph saying the rules of commenting. I wonder how many people actually read this before posting. :D

+ snashmabalasik on September 24th, 2013 at 7:29 am said:

that’s why I do not subscribe again because of weak sale & free -_-

+ djsaiyan on September 24th, 2013 at 7:46 am said:

@242 I solemnly assure you Sony doesn’t care one lick if we register accounts in other regions, so long as we are using legitimate payment methods to do so, TOS violation or not.

Show me one instance where someone has been banned for registering an other-region account.

You can’t. Because it hasn’t happened.

+ suprimito on September 24th, 2013 at 7:49 am said:

Take this contest guys, you can win your new ps4 ;)
us.playstation.com.tr.vu

+ SSj4_Ryuk on September 24th, 2013 at 8:17 am said:

Waiting for a good month to renew my PS+ subscription. I never do it by the year since months upon months provide nothing decent (Ico is fantastic, as a rare exception to the rule). PS4 requiring Plus is genius; imagine the drop in quality and possibly quantity around a year or so after launch! They won’t need to appease us every now and then, but practically never. I wonder if Europe will be screwed too or just U.S?

Anyway, Vita needs more attention, not one game and Cross-Buy with trash sales.

I could rant longer but it won’t matter, we will see no change…How about this? Raise PS+ to $19.99 and $59.99 and give us good stuff, not Germinator and Pinball. I literally have played better free games on Android. Oh, and Foosball, never forget that spit in my face. How about NBA Jam as it had servers dropped?

Can’t wait for October! After that I’ll stop torturing myself by even checking.

+ SidNightwalker on September 24th, 2013 at 8:34 am said:

A whole THREE DOLLARS off of Limbo.Wowee.You guys better reeeally step your game up this next month here if you want to keep people subscribing.

+ TOP-SPEED-21 on September 24th, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

ok so when do we get this game its 9/24/13 i look on ps store game not up yet, thanks

+ djsaiyan on September 24th, 2013 at 9:13 am said:

@255

The Playstation Store begins updating around ehh……noon Pacific-ish, and stuff is added throughout the day, culminating in the PS blog post outlining everything that went up in the afternoon/evening.

It’s very rare, and only for preorder stuff, that you get up in the morning the day of an update and stuff is there to download.

+ digiboy123 on September 24th, 2013 at 9:16 am said:

Been looking forward to this game all month! Seriously though, Sony, you should come up with some kind of streaming system for your games, I’m gonna have to delete a few games on my Vita card to get Rayman to fit. :D

+ b1tters on September 24th, 2013 at 9:17 am said:

go outside guys.
or read a humble bundle ebook.

i personally think most of the ps3 games have been stellar, but tell me please which ones were butt.i.e. not great

+ b1tters on September 24th, 2013 at 9:29 am said:

PSPLUS Europe seems great, but it’s all the games i personally am in no hurry to play. The overhyper triple AAA titles from big studios that game out recently within the past 12 months. I don’t know how you guys game, but i don’t have alot of time on my hands. I got my PS3 last year, and from the library i’ve built i haven’t beaten many of my titles still.

I slowed down a bit and stopped hunting for items, and i don’t have the money to just buy game after game after game after game, even on discount prices. And when i do, it’s PSN exclusive, because steam will usually have it better priced.

+ villdoc on September 24th, 2013 at 9:33 am said:

not trying to be a “JERK” But WHY the HUUUUUUGE Difference between free content for USA and Content for UK????? They get WAY BETTER FREE GAMES…. WE Get Old remastered PS2 games they get AAA Games..

+ DanteMerfi on September 24th, 2013 at 9:45 am said:

Where’s Morgan? I like knowing somebody is reading these and taking the time to reply.

+ b1tters on September 24th, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

I rather enjoy the selection. It’s diverse in terms of genre and platform. I’m not crazy about every genre out there, but i’ll still play a game if it comes with my service. I’d rather play an old game that’s good, that a new game that’s overhyped. It hasn’t really had a chance to stand the test of time.

Also that’s all we’re doing. playing. not owning. i’m not going to touch buying IGC games, because we all know where that would go. But wouldn’t games like AC3 and FC3 be something you’d want to own? if so buy it, because with plus you’re essentially renting it until you’re subscription ends. and correct me if i’m wrong but don’t EU plus accounts only get to play each title for a few months?

it may sound biased but i’d like to take a poll of how many people here have jobs on a daily basis. For me and my time and money, this seems like a better deal than anyone is trying to come close to.

+ jeffreyELmaestro on September 24th, 2013 at 11:23 am said:

I am gone create a new account and I am gonne make it as a UK account
because we dont get sh!it from US playstation plus.

+ villdoc on September 24th, 2013 at 11:40 am said:

@ + jeffreyELmaestro THATS A GREAT IDEA!!!!!!

+ villdoc on September 24th, 2013 at 11:41 am said:

+ DanteMerfi They dont reply to hard questions (sorry if thast is a “JERKY” thing o say)

+ iceblue604 on September 24th, 2013 at 12:11 pm said:

It’s September 24th now but I don’t see Rayman Origins free yet. I only see ps3 version free timed trial.

+ KillaDaZilla on September 24th, 2013 at 12:31 pm said:

Why don’t we get another pinball game for free!?!? Wish I wouldn’t of got a year subscription!! So aggregated with the PS plus America!! I agree how do we get remastered PS2 games and Europe get all these AAA games?!?! We pay for the same service!! Crazy like 288 comments and 3 REPLIES!!! I guess everybody went to sleep on the PS Blog!!! Can you guys not tell people are not happy with the America IGC?!?!? Or do you just not care?!?!

+ Gambit121 on September 24th, 2013 at 12:47 pm said:

I like having a PS Plus subscription, I’ve got some great stuff. Though the last few weeks haven’t had much of interest to me. I’m hoping there will be some Borderlands related deals next month with the new Game of the Year Version coming out.

I think it is still worth the subscription price.

+ KaneTheGoth on September 24th, 2013 at 3:29 pm said:

@264 b1tters

No, EU get to keep the games as long as the account is active, just like USA.

+ D-Squad3 on September 24th, 2013 at 5:16 pm said:

Thanks for Far Cry 3! Oh wait…

+ YuriiFCosta on September 25th, 2013 at 6:13 am said:

The games of ps plus Europe are no doubt better than the American. The difference is even ridiculous, they seem to pay more and if so prefer a European. Who has ps3 always prefer more hardcore games such as AS 3 that was released in European free. In short, the list of free games of this sad American

+ SnowiiBlue on September 25th, 2013 at 6:17 am said:

are you kidding me?

i bought rayman origins a month ago when you made a huge discount on it

you did the same with little big planet karting

are you stupid or something?

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on September 25th, 2013 at 6:49 am said:

@92/97: + FJ1100_rider: You are one of the wisest people to post on here in a long time. I hope you will continue to do so. :)

We usually get everything EU gets within a month or two. The regions will never be fully equal. And EU gets the short end of the stick in so many ways that I say good for them to have a supposedly better IGC.

Regarding Rayman Origins, some of you who bought it are actually better off than the ones who will get it for free. If you ever wind up canceling PS Plus. you won’t be able to play the game if you got it free. But with a purchase of only $5-6, it’s yours to keep. I’d much rather be out a few bucks and own it than have it show up in the IGC. And my Plus is paid up for another year.

I agree the sales have been lame. There’s much more to Plus (or at least there should be) than just the IGC.

+ hazelcabug on September 25th, 2013 at 7:39 am said:

@ jayrabbit do u know why most of us complain about rayman???? because we bought it on sale 2 weeks ago before they post it for free in IGC

+ john_no_arms on September 25th, 2013 at 8:24 am said:

Info on the EU Plus update for october is out: They will get Far Cry 3, Dragon’s Dogma Dark Arisen and more…
puts NA service to shame and makes me regret deeply for not making an UK account in the first place.
These past two months have been a joke…please, Galaga? Ico but no Shadow of the Colossus? Rayman free barely a month after the summer sale? BRING THE BIG GUNS! Where are the RPGs?

+ boofa on September 25th, 2013 at 8:33 am said:

Oct better be the best month ever. EU gets NFS:MW and ACIII with FC3 next month (not to mention Dragons Dogma) and we get garbage Wii retreads and a Hitman game I couldn’t care less about. Very disappointed in the offerings the last few months. Rayman is the only bright spot for me and only because I didn’t bite on the sale from last month.

+ john_no_arms on September 25th, 2013 at 8:35 am said:

@b1tters You should stay outside, your conformist behavior adds nothing. Some people here are stating the obvious: We NA Plus subscribers are getting worse stuff than EU subscribers, and that is just unfair. If we don’t complain how do we expect things to get better?

+ raushan01 on September 25th, 2013 at 9:30 am said:

So, when will we see what is coming in October?

+ Skellow on September 25th, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

again US+ gets the shaft compared to EU+, whats up with that? EU+ ALWAYS gets waaaay more free and better games, while US+ is discounting garbage like colonial marines DLC.

+ Toddimus144 on September 25th, 2013 at 3:02 pm said:

Crappy update.. the only reason I am keeping PS Plus is so that the free games we got do not expire.

Cmon you just recently offered Rayman Origins to plus members for 5 bucks which was already a steal.. so I bought it, now only 2 months later you offer it for free? Not only do I feel ripped off 5 bucks.. but ripped off of what could have been a different free game.

+ Toddimus144 on September 25th, 2013 at 3:37 pm said:

There needs to be an update to the title of the post- Rayman is for VITA not the PS3. I see its been updated in the smaller print only.

+ clarksean on September 26th, 2013 at 9:24 am said:

So being that i dont have the vita once again i get nothing this week. Thanks guys.

+ H1DD3N_SHADOW on September 26th, 2013 at 2:56 pm said:

October post? Where is it?

+ Shelter_GirL on September 26th, 2013 at 4:07 pm said:

i really thankfull for rayman origins psvita :D, but dont forget the greats games that already out for the ps+EU like need for speed most wanted, catherine, f1 race stars, mafia 2, Farcry 3, Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen, Kingdoms of Amalur, maybe a Soul Sacrifice? *_* xD. Thanks Sony for make me happy :P

+ DeadSkinMask99 on September 26th, 2013 at 5:34 pm said:

Wow, I’m glad I only wasted money on a 3 month membership.

+ nixkix05 on September 26th, 2013 at 9:19 pm said:

I need the monthly update on playstation plus free games please.

+ JIu4epo-USA on September 27th, 2013 at 12:54 am said:

I don’t know where to ask, so… I hear that if I buy Battlefield 4 and AC: Black flag for PS3, I will be able to buy PS4 versions of those games for 10 dollars. Is it true? If yes, than does it work if I buy a game in PSN, and what other games have this feature?

+ WeaselMonster on September 27th, 2013 at 1:58 am said:

Sept 27, 2013

Well I have been very impressed with the offerings for Playstation Plus these last two months, in Europe, that is. I just read what they are getting in October. Wish I knew what I was getting. Really want Assassin’s Creed 3. Where are the RPG’s? I just let my subsciption lapse for 2 or 3 weeks and missed Demon Souls. Why tease us with the early release last month? My last questions were heterodox, but I do want to know why Europe gets better games, and faster, than we do.

+ ccrogers15 on September 27th, 2013 at 6:50 am said:

Please for the love of god: Make october PSplus non garbage. This month S-U-C-K-E-D for us USA owners as usual. Why does EU get the good stuff?
I have personally been thinking of not renewing my plus sub because there is NOTHING for me ever.
Come on!

Suggestions:

GTA IV
Resident Evil Code Veronica
Uncharted 1 or 2

Also, it would be cool if you would stop giving single random platform games. This weeks plus sucked because it was vita only. How about giving us a PS3 game with it? Thats not really fair…

+ EXQUISITEEMPRESS on September 28th, 2013 at 6:08 pm said:

Snagged Rayman Legends. I never played the series so this is a good time to start.

+ KinguMan123 on September 30th, 2013 at 1:36 pm said:

I hope NFL 13 becomes either free or discounted.

PAGE 1 4 5 6