PS4 - Transistor

Batman: Arkham Origins PlayStation-Exclusive Knightfall Pack Detailed

Hanny Duong's Avatar + Posted by Hanny Duong on Sep 24, 2013 // Community Manager // WB Games Montreal

Batman: Arkham Origins features a widely expanded Gotham City and introduces an original prequel storyline set several years before the events of the first two critically acclaimed games of the franchise– Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City. The game showcases a young, unrefined Batman as he faces a defining moment in his early career. Players will encounter many important figures for the first time and forge crucial relationships that will shape the future of the characters. You’ll become Batman as he transforms from a vigilante crime fighter into the Dark Knight.

Debuting exclusively here on PlayStation.Blog, our new trailer showcases two epic Batman skins: Knightfall Batman and Classic TV Series Batman. You’ll be able to fight enemies in these all-new Batsuits as well as immerse yourself in hours of additional crime-fighting fun.

Batman Arkham Origins: Knightfall Batman skinBatman Arkham Origins: Classic TV Series Batman skin

Inspired by the events of the DC Comics Batman: Knightfall saga, the exclusive PlayStation Knightfall Pack features:

• Knightfall Batman Skin
  • Classic TV Series Batman Skin
  • 3 Combat Maps
  • 2 Predator Maps

You’ll fight Bane, Venom users, and Blackgate prisoners in a crime-ridden Gotham City, where Bane’s forces have seized control of several key locations where only Batman can stop them. Fight your way through three combat maps, stealth across two predator maps, and push yourself to the breaking point in a new challenge campaign.

PAGE 1 2

+ Zionine on September 24th, 2013 at 9:05 am said:

Blackgate?

Hanny Duong's Avatar

+ Hanny Duong on September 24th, 2013 at 12:15 pm said:

Yes… Batman will fight Blackgate prisoners in this Knightfall Pack! Which of the two skins do you think will be your favorite?

+ AguilarX on September 24th, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

Yes, need more info on black gate as well. Hope this new entry lives up to what Rocksteady has established.

+ akisuo on September 24th, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

Is it going to be unlockable from the beginning or do we have to beat the game first?

Hanny Duong's Avatar

+ Hanny Duong on September 24th, 2013 at 12:38 pm said:

No need to beat the game first. This Knightfall Pack is unlockable from the beginning, so you can jump right into it.

+ Skater_Ricky on September 24th, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

I like to see Batman Beyond Skin, that is my favorite batman suit. It would be cool if it had the jet packs in the batman shoes as well in the Batman Beyond Skin Suit.

Also anyone want to know about this great series of Batman it’s on Netflix for all 3 Season’s that was made on Netflix :D

+ Ryumoau on September 24th, 2013 at 10:29 am said:

not a big fan of the knightfall outfit, but the classic suit looks awesome. :)

@4 wish they would add the 90s animated series of batman to netflix as well. last time i checked they only had Beyond, Justice League, and Justice League unlimited.

+ guitarded77 on September 24th, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

This game really needs to come to PS4. It’s being made for PC, so it shouldn’t be too big of a jump to get it on PS4. There are just too many games coming out this holiday season, and new consoles. Don’t want to miss anything great. Also want to see Dark Souls II make it to PS4.

+ DC_Mcgee on September 24th, 2013 at 11:23 am said:

Does preordering the digital version get you the Deathstroke pack or is that for retail preorders only?

Hanny Duong's Avatar

+ Hanny Duong on September 24th, 2013 at 12:13 pm said:

The Deathstroke pre-order bonus is available when you pre-order the digital version of the game.

+ tusunami on September 24th, 2013 at 11:24 am said:

Can you say collectors Ed. Already pre-ordered, PS4 day 1 I’m out

+ JoseOmatic on September 24th, 2013 at 11:27 am said:

I’d love to see a Michael Keaton Batman costume as DLC.

+ OuterLife on September 24th, 2013 at 12:15 pm said:

I liked the Hans Zimmer dark knight-like soundtrack at the end. Very suspenseful.

+ jrenio on September 24th, 2013 at 12:17 pm said:

I still think it would be cool to uniform BATMAN MICHAEL KEATON in 1989!
:-)

+ DanKuuga on September 24th, 2013 at 12:25 pm said:

Love the classic outfit. Only 2 things would make it even better: Having ‘Bif!’ ‘Bam!’ ‘Pow!’ pop up when he fights, and an Adam West voice track.
Come to think of it, I’d love to see an entire game based on the classic Batman series. Unfortunately, I’m sure the rights for something like that are as tangled up as it is for a DVD release.

+ staples8101 on September 24th, 2013 at 12:26 pm said:

The only way I’m playing as Classic TV Series Batman is if I get the POW bubbles

+ SteveSpikes on September 24th, 2013 at 12:28 pm said:

If only Adam West could kick ass like that, the 60′s series would be much better to watch. :)

+ Cyber-Gladiator on September 24th, 2013 at 12:35 pm said:

I just read about this on videogaming247. This is awesome. I
can’t wait!

+ FJ1100_rider on September 24th, 2013 at 12:40 pm said:

After seeing the spend $50 get 10 promotion for psn I was finally able to decide on a retail or digital pre order of this game , Definitely going to pre order arkham origins digital now .
I’ll have to buy the digital copy of arkham city one day too I guess , I have the first 2 games on disc but only asylum as digital , hopefully arkham city gets a hude plus discount soon too like arkham asylum did a few momths back

I’d also like to put my name down as someone who would love a classic batman game or jsut an add-on pack that has the TV series batman in challenge maps , add those pow , ziff , bam bubble and skins for classic villains from the 60s series and Adam West voice and it would be so cool

+ FJ1100_rider on September 24th, 2013 at 12:41 pm said:

hude ? should be huge discount , wish we could edit our posts

+ akisuo on September 24th, 2013 at 12:42 pm said:

Sweet. I’m going to jump straight in as Knightfall Batman then. =)

+ NL-Marco-1996 on September 24th, 2013 at 12:53 pm said:

Are there any more playable characters planned for challengemode besides Batman and Deathstroke?

Hanny Duong's Avatar

+ Hanny Duong on September 24th, 2013 at 1:53 pm said:

Batman and Deathstroke are the only confirmed playable characters. Which other characters are you hoping to see?

+ NL-Marco-1996 on September 24th, 2013 at 12:58 pm said:

The pack is awesome though, am I glad that I’ve got a PS3!
Hats off for you guys

+ DaZetheMaZe on September 24th, 2013 at 12:59 pm said:

@DC_Mcgee @Hanny Duong

How about we get confirmation that the knightfall dlc is a preorder bonus for digital psn which it looks like its not, while uk gets knightfall on psn?

Lets get on par with retail n uk psn.

+ Ryumoau on September 24th, 2013 at 1:00 pm said:

btw, why do you game publishers still charge full price for the digital versions of games? Batman origins on psn shouldn’t cost more that $45 considering the fact we can’t trade it in after we are done or even lend it to friends like a retail copy.

We pay the same amount as retail, without any of the benefits. :/

+ Welmosca on September 24th, 2013 at 1:01 pm said:

I’ve been watching some vids and the graphics on this one are better than in “City”….remarkable since City was impressive for a multiplatform game….anyway both Asylum and City are fantastic games and for sure one of the best games of this gen and I so want to believe Origins will be amazing as well but I just can’t….besides the last videos released be looking good…everything on this game look like its going in the wrong way….especially the addition of an online(worst idea ever)…..Rocksteady set the quality sky high for Batman games…I really hope you guys are up to the task.Its too early for another Batman game and this whole thing feels like you guys are already milking this incredible franchise…oh well I really hope this game to be good.

BTW thanks for supporting us PS playas with exclusive content.

+ KirAMinh on September 24th, 2013 at 1:02 pm said:

@Hanny Duong: Anything news about Day1Digital – Pre-Order information for BA: Black Gate on Vita?!

btw are you from VietNam? :D

+ terrencec06 on September 24th, 2013 at 1:09 pm said:

I personally want details on the vita version. But I’ll be patience.

+ FungManHin on September 24th, 2013 at 1:19 pm said:

will we get Batman The Animated Series skin again for Origins?

+ cloud118 on September 24th, 2013 at 1:25 pm said:

Will these skins appear in the game cutscenes?

Hanny Duong's Avatar

+ Hanny Duong on September 24th, 2013 at 1:54 pm said:

In some, yes!

+ YorlecmNwahs on September 24th, 2013 at 1:28 pm said:

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god! Adam West skin! Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!

+ MGN1990 on September 24th, 2013 at 1:32 pm said:

Will the Legends of Batman skins for Australia make it stateside?

+ SuperBlur18 on September 24th, 2013 at 1:44 pm said:

Awesome! Looks like Arkham Origins is gonna be LEGENDARY!!!!! This DLC will be AWESOME!!!!!

+ kidhero99 on September 24th, 2013 at 1:58 pm said:

Is it safe to say these challenge maps are named after storylines in the comics?

+ kidhero99 on September 24th, 2013 at 1:58 pm said:

Or issues

+ Jodalmighty on September 24th, 2013 at 2:17 pm said:

For those of you wondering what Blackgate is:

+ NAH-HE-MII on September 24th, 2013 at 2:30 pm said:

How much

+ stickfrog on September 24th, 2013 at 2:35 pm said:

I think the Classic TV suit should have the words pop up when he punches people. “Bam!” “Pow!” That would be awesome.

+ thatonekidulove on September 24th, 2013 at 2:53 pm said:

Is this just for the Collector’s Edition? Knightfall was my first comic book arc, and also my favorite since it introduced my favorite Bat-Villain: Bane. I would hate to miss out on this just because I wanted to spend the rest of my birthday money on DC comics. :(

Hanny Duong's Avatar

+ Hanny Duong on September 24th, 2013 at 6:53 pm said:

This Knightfall Pack is a Playstation exclusive pre-order bonus. So no, it isn’t just for the Collectors’ Edition.

+ Zhorah on September 24th, 2013 at 3:00 pm said:

will the game have to be pre ordered on PS3 or will it come with every copy?

Hanny Duong's Avatar

+ Hanny Duong on September 24th, 2013 at 6:55 pm said:

The Knightfall Pack is a pre-order bonus for Batman: Arkham Origins on PS3.

+ UJ-1985 on September 24th, 2013 at 3:23 pm said:

Will the Deathstroke DLC be available for purchase in a later date?

+ KingCrow13 on September 24th, 2013 at 3:45 pm said:

I half expected them to cut corners with the 60′s batman skin ,but they really made it look real. GREAT JOB ! . i need to pre-order this one , just like the last ones !

+ ProfessorGerbik on September 24th, 2013 at 4:40 pm said:

Looks a lot like Spawn.

+ loveinspace on September 24th, 2013 at 4:54 pm said:

Vita?

+ DarkBallistae on September 24th, 2013 at 4:55 pm said:

How will we be able to get these two fantastic skins and how do we also get Worst Nightmare Batman?

+ venomkicksass on September 24th, 2013 at 7:12 pm said:

i was confused you said you have to beat the game to unlock skins but with the knightfall you can wear them when you download them and then you automaticly get them and you can play the story with them

Hanny Duong's Avatar

+ Hanny Duong on September 25th, 2013 at 9:18 am said:

Just to clarify: the skins in the Knightfall pack are available from the start in Challenge Mode. To use the skins in the story campaign, you will need to beat it once first.

+ venomkicksass on September 24th, 2013 at 7:14 pm said:

and plus if you pre order it on amazon do you get the knightfall skins for ps3

+ Aquatic-Prophet on September 24th, 2013 at 7:23 pm said:

Thank you so much for these skins– especially Azbats. The Knightfall arch is what got me into Batman. Will I be able to play with the Knightfall skin during story mode?

Hanny Duong's Avatar

+ Hanny Duong on September 25th, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

Yes you can. After beating the campaign once first, you can use the skins in the story campaign.

+ CommandingTiger on September 24th, 2013 at 7:59 pm said:

The Knightfall pack, it’s exclusive to PS3, is it also on Vita?
Just by looking it up on Amazon, it doesn’t say that it’llhave it for the Vita.

So, the choice. Do I get the PS3 version with Knightfall or do I get the Vita version for 20$ less…

Hanny Duong's Avatar

+ Hanny Duong on September 25th, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

The Knightfall Pack is available for Playstation 3 only.

+ NL-Marco-1996 on September 24th, 2013 at 10:28 pm said:

RE: Well, the most awesome choice is all the 8 assassins playable. Imagine Deadshot in stealth and Bane in combat. Copperhead could play a bit like a poisonous Catwoman. Though Lady Shiva has been confirmed now, so she would make a good addition to CM.
But then 1 more question about Deathstroke; He does play almost exactly the same as Robin, is this real gameplay, or was that gameplay showed for not spoiling his real gameplay? Cause I haven’t seen his pistols or sword….

+ randyteran on September 25th, 2013 at 12:20 am said:

I really would like to play as the joker in this new video game besides Batman and Deathstroke…

+ Durbaq on September 25th, 2013 at 2:39 am said:

Adam West Batman skin?? I am the only one who hopes they implement some side-missions along the lines of oh, I dunno, trying to get rid of a bomb? Also can’t wait to take down criminals with my trusty Shark Repellent Bat Spray :)

+ riskybusiness35 on September 25th, 2013 at 2:59 am said:

I can’t wait for this game to come out, but quite honestly, I won’t be bothering with the TV series batman skin.
You can keep that.