PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PlayStation Blogcast 091: Bungie Jump

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Sep 27, 2013 // Senior Manager, Social Media

Subscription Links:

• Download the MP3 here on PS3, PS Vita or PC (Right-Click->Save As)

Another fun-filled show! Destiny Weapon Designer Josh Hamrick walks us through the finer points of Bungie’s firearm design process, Ubisoft’s Kevin Erwin talks Valiant Hearts, a new batch of hilarious Grand Theft Auto V reader stories, and new releases for October 1st, 2013. Let’s listen in!

Stuff We Talked About

• Rain
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Diablo III
  • Working out, gamer-style
  • Surround sound vs. headphones
  • Breaking Bad
  • Destiny
  • Valiant Hearts

Send us questions and tips: blogcast@playstation.sony.com

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan Clements

The Cast

+ RE_Player on September 27th, 2013 at 7:45 pm said:

Looks like a killer show. Can’t wait to listen.

+ Kchow23 on September 27th, 2013 at 7:50 pm said:

Just curious who comes up with the titles? Or is it a team effort? Haven’t listened for a couple weeks, but I’ll be sure to fix that.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on September 27th, 2013 at 8:11 pm said:

It’s a group effort. And it’s reeeeally hard. :)

+ Mercenary09 on September 27th, 2013 at 8:03 pm said:

Was wondering where this was. Time to listen.

+ UndreyVITA on September 27th, 2013 at 8:07 pm said:

Heuheu I get it.. Bungie jumping.

Anyway, you guys are lucky because GTAV is banned here, and I’ll have to search in every store to find one, but in the mean time, I’ve ordered Red Dead Redemption from Amazon.

+ SAIYAN98 on September 27th, 2013 at 8:33 pm said:

I haven’t listened ever since Jeff left! Is that like around 40 episodes/ weeks? Is Jeff still going to make that appearance on the 100th episode? Please say Yes!!!!!!

+ rabidninjamonky on September 27th, 2013 at 9:39 pm said:

NBA 2k14 “It sure is a sports game”. You guys should write taglines for commercials. haha.

I bought Atelier Totori Plus right when it ninja released. I loved the graphics and gameplay, but hated how the days advanced for every action you do. I just wanted to level up and synthesize stuff but I hated feeling rushed. I might give it another go soon though. I hope Atelier Meruru plus does well, we need more top quality rpg’s for vita.

So sad that Breaking Bad is almost over. It’s kind of cool that they are going out on the top of their game though. They are the Barry Sanders of tv shows. That was a sports reference sorry. Dexter is another show that I feel has overstayed it’s welcome.

+ rabidninjamonky on September 27th, 2013 at 9:42 pm said:

Oh and I definitely prefer headphones. I love my pulse elites, I just wish they were louder.

+ jeffsmither on September 27th, 2013 at 10:04 pm said:

I really hope the ps2 game is dark cloud 2….. If not I hope you can make it available soon.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on September 29th, 2013 at 7:07 pm said:

It’s Fatal Frame III!

+ UndreyVITA on September 28th, 2013 at 12:49 am said:

Great interview guys!

+ XeahuleXolic on September 28th, 2013 at 8:50 am said:

+ Ryumoau on September 28th, 2013 at 11:05 am said:

doesn’t sound like anything interesting hitting psn store next week. i have no interest in Rain. looks like another overpriced pretentious indie game.

+ rabidninjamonky on September 28th, 2013 at 12:15 pm said:

Anyone else find it ironic that Ryumoau has to insult every game that doesn’t interest him? Trying to get a rise out of people by calling a game that he’s never played pretentious seems awfully pretentious to me.

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on September 28th, 2013 at 6:45 pm said:

Any word if Fallout3 coming to the PSN next week????

+ Kaddyshacks on September 29th, 2013 at 12:25 am said:

Man, this show had me in stitches. 3 minutes in and I was already laughing, but oh man that last GTA V voice mail…it was like something out of Twin Peaks. Loved the sci-fi discussion (it’s disturbing how similar my tastes are to Sid’s). Been listening since day one. I think the show is really hitting some great highs lately.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on September 29th, 2013 at 1:19 pm said:

Thank you! We think the show’s been pretty good lately too — glad you agree! :)

+ moecage on September 29th, 2013 at 1:45 pm said:

will you guys bring the show to the ps4 in some way ?

+ drd7of14 on September 30th, 2013 at 9:09 am said:

So…Where’s the mystery theme? I just heard silence. Also, I sent a very important user tip in concerning GTA V digital versions, try to check it out, whether I get noticed or not, it should definitely be made public. I figured through you guys was probably the best method. Maybe not convenient, but it works. Had the same problem on two ps3s, and downloading GTA V digitally while in a different game, that allowed downloading in the background worked.

P.S.-Trying the other methods did not work, and I was not going to wipe the hdd, plus the hdd was brand new, so that definitely wasn’t the reason customer service. Didn’t have that problem with Ni No Kuni or L.A. Noire, and those were huge. Sorry, but no.

+ supvic on October 4th, 2013 at 3:36 pm said: