No Man's Sky

The Drop: New PlayStation Releases for October 1st, 2013

Ryan Clements's Avatar + Posted by Ryan Clements on Sep 29, 2013 // Social Media Specialist

The Drop

Journey through a haunting city soaked in rain, or blaze across the courts with a cheering crowd in your ear — this week greets a number of thrilling new releases joining the PlayStation family.

In Rain, gamers will explore the streets, alleys, and awnings of a haunting city saturated by rain. As an invisible boy, players must use the rain around them to perceive their small hero running through the world, pursuing a similarly ghostly girl, while avoiding a malevolent force. Rain blends this adventure together with unique puzzles to create a wholly original experience.

But if you’d rather go hard and go loud, perhaps NBA 2K14 will be your preferred game for the week. The next entry in the long-running series, NBA 2K14 aims to bring you the best basketball you can find in gaming. Witness the return of the multiplayer Crew mode, the inclusion of Euroleague, a dynamic living roster, and a killer soundtrack.

PlayStation will also enjoy the arrival of another PS2 classic in the form of Fatal Frame III: The Tormented. Prepare to sleep with the lights on.

For a full list of games launching this week, check below, and enjoy The Drop.

Rain Static Theme

Fatal Frame III
Flashback
NBA 2K14

New PlayStation Releases This Week

Vita, PSN
Plunge into the human body and eliminate all the viruses, disease, and infections you can with PS Vita’s touchscreen.
PS2 Classic, PSN
Explore a cursed manor in this chilling horror game where your camera is your best chance at survival.
PS3, PSN
A modern remake of the 90′s platformer classic. Relive the sci-fi narrative and help Conrad save the human race.
PS3, PSN, Retail
The famed basketball series continues with Pro Stick control, improved player motion, and tons of upgrades.
PS3, PSN
Bring the fun of a foosball table into your living room, and take up way less space in the process. Party-friendly play, with local multiplayer support.
PS3, PSN
Traverse the rainy streets of a dark city in search of answers. Guide an invisible young boy, and avoid the dangers lurking beneath the drops.
PS3, PSN
Take flight and soar above sprawling environments, with only your wingsuit keeping you aloft in this basejumping, extreme sports simulator.

Demos

Editor’s Note: the information above is subject to change without notice.

+ xGODDAMNBATMANx on September 29th, 2013 at 2:30 pm said:

NO mention of the Battlefield 4 Beta!

+ D34DL1N3R on September 29th, 2013 at 2:38 pm said:

What I want to know is, will PS2 games still look like crap on the PS4? Or will the PS4 incorporate some awesome scaling, upsampling, and anti-aliasing features ala the PCSX2 emulator? I refuse to buy PS1 or PS2 classics because they look like complete garbage in comparison to what the emulator can do for them. It makes everything look like one of those “HD” Remasters that get put out every now and then. Until something like that happens on a PS system, I’ll just play the original discs on the PC emulator. No reason to pay for a game on SEN when you can buy the disc version of it on eBay and have it look 100x superior playing it on your PC.

+ pikmin44 on September 29th, 2013 at 2:52 pm said:

i can’t wait for rain to come out! it really looks like my kind of game. but i have a question, will it be available at midnight on the day it comes out?

+ EggySong85 on September 29th, 2013 at 3:20 pm said:

Man, a Fatal Frame Trilogy HD on PSN would be so awesome. And a vita-specific Fatal Frame title would be an awesome experience, too. Heck even a new Fatal Frame on a sony platform…

+ carlpain on September 29th, 2013 at 3:42 pm said:

Soooo, mmmm, how much for Rain? $9,99? $14,99? I’ll like to buy it, but it’ll be nice to know the price. It’s whatever I can get for The Drop next month. I already own the games for Plus. Just got Reckoning (the only one I didn’t own) for 4 bucks on Gamefly.

+ carlpain on September 29th, 2013 at 3:46 pm said:

Never mind, I was thinking about HEAVY Rain. Still sleepy.

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on September 29th, 2013 at 4:05 pm said:

Fallout3?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????FOR>>>>>>>>>>>>?????????PSN

+ Balert on September 29th, 2013 at 4:14 pm said:

The blog looks a little dated in terms of formatting and while these new efforts are appreciated I feel like more can be done. I think making it image based instead a bunch of cells of text would be much more attractive.

I made a mock-up to illustrate what I’m talking about: http://i.imgur.com/45QL1Qh.jpg?1

+ KnifingGrimace on September 29th, 2013 at 5:47 pm said:

I like the new format for the Drop.

+ Heartless_Angel7 on September 29th, 2013 at 5:57 pm said:

Now that all Fatal Frame is on PSN, I hope there will be a special sale for it this Halloween like $20 for all three titles.

+ ArunTahlan on September 29th, 2013 at 6:21 pm said:

Hope you have a dedicated Fatal Frame article on monday like you did for earlier releases. Now time to start putting the other survival horror gems on PSN.
Clock tower 1, 2, 3, Haunting Ground and Hellnight.

+ Aremus_ on September 29th, 2013 at 7:52 pm said:

Fatal Fame 3!?
:D!!!!!!!! got my money ready for it! :D

+ CQCider on September 29th, 2013 at 8:47 pm said:

The very idea of changing your format is completely inexplicable. It is a single page post, once a week. I mean, which part of the original format was inefficient or bothering you? The fact that it actually had decent descriptions and information about the games? That the pictures were actually with these descriptions? That games were divided by format of PS3, PSN, Vita, PS2 Classics and not jumbled together? I can’t even begin to comprehend why you would change any of this unless you were trying to improve it to make some form of additions but you haven’t added anything at all. Were you running out of internet? This new format is completely a step back. Simple as that.

+ Dante069 on September 29th, 2013 at 8:48 pm said:

Thanks for adding Fatal Frame 3 to psn. I have the first 2 games on disc,but never got ahold of the third one. Also thanks for Flashback, the original game is awesome!

+ LUCIFERSGLEAM on September 29th, 2013 at 9:10 pm said:

Yay Flashback is coming to the PS3. Yeah I know the game sucks but that main character . . .

+ Demonhunter84 on September 29th, 2013 at 9:13 pm said:

Excited for Rain! I hope it’s good and delivers. Really glad to see Fatal Frame 3 on PSN, never played any of them before, so hopefully a sale happens.

+ zepified on September 29th, 2013 at 10:00 pm said:

Anyone have any idea at all about an approx release date/week/month in regards to the rest of the Rayman Legends content for the Vita (i.e. the Invasion levels)????

Because as most people have already heard, the only information we’ve had to go on thus far was the quote released from Ubisoft saying that the content would definitely come, but at a later date. Other than that though there’s been absolutely no info released since, which kinda keeps those of us who are eagerly waiting for the content in the complete dark in so far as it would be nice to know at least an approx/estimated time table. Is this something we’re going to be waiting for for another 6 months, or is it closer to 6 weeks?? See what I’m sayin’?

I also would like to know where to look for the info once it is released… that is of course if this blog isn’t the correct place to begin with?? Thanx!! : )

+ estoc1 on September 30th, 2013 at 1:20 am said:

This update looks and smells like doo-doo. Nintendo will smoke you like a blunt, Sony. The PS4 is a failure wating to happen. Hopefully it will be the final nail in the coffin so that Sony gives up the gaming division and let real talent, (NINTENDO) flow.

+ Skyyplum on September 30th, 2013 at 1:41 am said:

Nice to see someone doing the drop that actually responds to consumers. Would be nice to see prices though.

+ Gamerzlimited on September 30th, 2013 at 1:56 am said:

@estoc1 I can’t stand you. Even till now, you still haven’t answered my other questions. Why don’t you explain to me why Nintendo still has region lock and terrible 3rd party support? The Wii U will always be a failure. They’re not even close to better than Microsoft. Soon, Sony and Microsoft will destroy them in 2 months. Just admit it already.

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on September 30th, 2013 at 1:58 am said:

@62 CQCider: YES

I would happily trade back replies to comments for the old format, though I don’t see why we can’t have both.

And there will never be prices listed on the Drop.

*something about a PS Store update post goes here*

+ Gamerzlimited on September 30th, 2013 at 3:04 am said:

@esuck1 Yeah they do, you dumb idiot. If it had better support, then the Wii U would sell like hotcakes (Which isn’t and selling like crap) and I wouldn’t say anything to you. I would buy a 3DS just for that that Hatsune Miku game. Which isn’t coming to the states and I would import it, but I can’t because Nintendo sucks for region locking it!! Those what you call “best” 1st party games tell a lame story and they even removed the story mode on their new SSB game. Their games are crap now and they’re not as awesome quality compared to the N64. As the matter of fact, the N64 is better than the Wii U! So suck on that!! Nintendo is the one being dead in a year or two anyway, they can’t even make a new Metroid game anymore. Go back to your Nintendo forums or something.

Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, Gran Turismo, God of War, Killzone, LittleBigPlanet, Infamous, and Uncharted are much better franchises than Nintendo’s crap. Heck, even Halo, Gears of War, Forza, and Fable are better than them too.

+ IrishDude2 on September 30th, 2013 at 4:34 am said:

I’m sick of rain already. Same old thing. It’s stupid and is getting boring and everything. Just want it to go away. It’s all rain rain rain rain rain

….

Oh fand for the game rain.. looking forward to it! :D

+ Dharos on September 30th, 2013 at 4:56 am said:

So glad Fatal Frame III is coming, I could only get a hold of a physical copy of the second game, so I played the first one in the series as a PS2 Classic and was hoping the third game would be released digitally as well.

+ phade2blaq on September 30th, 2013 at 5:08 am said:

Flashback yes ! One of my all time favorite games from the old 16-bit days !

+ sic2291 on September 30th, 2013 at 6:14 am said:

Nice to have all of Fatal Frame by Halloween. Hopefully there will be a nice Halloween sale also.

+ Mando44646 on September 30th, 2013 at 7:04 am said:

eh, nothing really at all for me this week on Vita or PS3. I’ll pick up the Beyond demo though!

+ TwinDad on September 30th, 2013 at 7:52 am said:

The images are to make the format look pretty. People are not shopping a game based on one picture.

I really like the new format, keep it exactly as it is. It’s less busy as it was, too many picture makes it way to busy. The idea is to find out what game is making it’s debut this week, and possibly a quick description. The idea isn’t a review and picture montage for each title being released.

+ left4breadFTW on September 30th, 2013 at 9:35 am said:

Yes! Yeeeeesss! Fudge Yes! (Fatal Frame 3)

+ diegocevallos on September 30th, 2013 at 9:46 am said:

Thanks The Fatal Frame Trilogy is completed :D

+ ein_nineteenth on September 30th, 2013 at 10:09 am said:

So, no remake of Fatal Frame? No Fatal Frame HD collection?

Anyway, good week for everyone within Europe , Japan and China.
Lame week for everyone outside those countries.

+ Welmosca on September 30th, 2013 at 10:20 am said:

Rain is already pre-ordered…and OMG didn’t see that one coming…Fatal Frame 3 on da Store?…oh man thank God…thats a true classic….Fatal Frame 3 is amazing and by far the most scary and tense game ever created…actually its the only scary game.And the tension OMG….I cant wait…Fatal Frame 3 is da best…I only had Fatal Frame 1 and 3 on PS2,never played the 2nd one but I’m sure 3 is the best.Will try Beyond demo as well…was waiting for that.

+ tusunami on September 30th, 2013 at 11:06 am said:

A excellent choice of what’s dropping tommorrow, well at least there are some demo’s to checkout. PS4 day 1 I’m out

+ rikanbull on September 30th, 2013 at 1:10 pm said:

I really wish that u had more demos for exclusives but keep on showing of the playstation power sony :)

+ DevilOfMidnight on September 30th, 2013 at 1:26 pm said:

I just jumped up and down with happiness about the Flashback remake. Just putting that out there because I’m sure someone will find it amusing.

+ Kumajade on September 30th, 2013 at 2:28 pm said:

will it be a BEYOND TWO SOULS day 1 digital pre order??

+ MEGAKEZZER1960 on September 30th, 2013 at 5:00 pm said:

more games for PS Vita!

+ MEGAKEZZER1960 on September 30th, 2013 at 5:09 pm said:

¿habrá una posibilidad de que incluyan más títulos de ps one and psp?

+ MEGAKEZZER1960 on September 30th, 2013 at 5:09 pm said:

Is there a possibility to include more titles ps one and psp?

+ Goniloc on September 30th, 2013 at 6:11 pm said:

Fatal Frame, hell yes! Please keep up the horror support, especially for Vita.

And how about making all PSOne games compatible with Vita?

+ Grenadehh on September 30th, 2013 at 6:13 pm said:

Are you actually adding Fatal Frame 3 tomorrow or is this like when you flat out lied and said you released Fatal Frame 2 in May, yet it still isn’t on the store? I’d like to know.

+ Ace-Kinq on September 30th, 2013 at 11:01 pm said:

Is NBA 2K14 part of the ps3 to ps4 upgrade program? Need to know please

+ LeaRSIISRaeL on September 30th, 2013 at 11:31 pm said:

what about battlefield 4 exclusive beta? why it is not on the list?

+ mpvocal on October 1st, 2013 at 6:44 am said:

When is going to update the store? I’m still waiting

+ Sky-Shadow on October 1st, 2013 at 10:20 am said:

Yay! So happy for Fatal Frame 3!! I can’t wait to stay up late and play scared this weekend! :D

Annnnd a Beyond Two Souls demo makes for a perfect week for me!

+ Welmosca on October 1st, 2013 at 10:34 am said:

@ 29 anti-altair16 – You’re already crazy….if you’re really trying to decide which one to play…of course Rain.

+ meday355 on October 1st, 2013 at 10:56 am said:

I think Beyond Two Souls is gonna be a sleeper hit on PS3.

+ mjoshje on October 1st, 2013 at 11:02 am said:

Battlefield 4 Beta???? come on sony!!

+ robo_happy on October 1st, 2013 at 12:38 pm said:

Any chance for Steambot Chronicles for the PS2 to be released, or possibly the PSP version too?

+ Edokatsu on October 2nd, 2013 at 6:45 am said:

Was Bit Trip Runner 2 for the Vita cancelled? I was really looking forward to being able to play it on the go