LittleBigPlanet 3

PS Plus: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Sep 30, 2013 // Sr. Community Specialist

Dive into the expansive realm of Kingdoms of Amalur, a fantasy tale penned by famed author R.A. Salvatore. There are plenty of options to customize your character and the way you defeat your foes, so role-playing fans will be right at home here. Whether you prefer magic, melee weapons or to be a little more rogue-ish, Kingdoms of Amalur’s flexible combat system will let you play how you want. In addition, there are discounts on several titles including Flashback HD, Darksiders II, Red Faction: Armageddon and MX vs. ATV: Alive.

All of these PS Plus benefits will be available after PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, 10/1.

PlayStation Plus 10-1-2013

Instant Game Collection

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $19.99

Kingdoms of Amalur
Immerse yourself in an all-new massive universe from the minds of bestselling author R.A. Salvatore, world-renowned artist Todd McFarlane, and legendary game designer Ken Rolston. Choose your path and battle through a sprawling master-crafted world featuring some of the most intense, responsive, and customizable RPG combat ever.

Discounts

Flashback HD (PS3)

PS Plus Price: $7.99, Regular Price: $9.99

Flashback HD
20 years after the original game’s launch, Conrad is enlisted back to active service for the triumphant return of one of the most acclaimed franchises in gaming history. It is Flashback re-imagined. The original Core-Team revamped their own creation, leveraging the best of today’s technology while remaining true to the classic side-scroller that set the standards of the genre in the 90’s.

Other Discounts

Game Title PS Plus Price Regular Price
Wheel Of Fortune Ultimate Edition $17.19 $21.49
Jeopardy! Ultimate Edition $17.19 $21.49
Wheel Of Fortune & Jeopardy! Complete Pack $19.59 $24.49
MX vs. ATV: Alive $8.99 $11.99
MX vs. ATV: Alive Ultimate Edition $19.99 $24.99
Darksiders II $17.99 $23.99
Darksiders II Ultimate Edition $26.99 $35.99
Darksiders + Darksiders 2 Ultimate Edition $31.49 $41.99
Red Faction Armageddon Ultimate Edition $11.24 $14.99

We’ll be back next week with more details on the game arriving to the Instant Game Collection as well as any other benefits we can share.

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure you leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ CallsignHelo on September 30th, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

I think there is an error in the discount listing. At the top it says “Normal Price PS Plus Price” but right below it the titles are reversed.

+ UncannySilk on September 30th, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

That discount chart is messed up.

+ coconutshinobi on September 30th, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

The “other discount” form needs a little fix.

+ surg805 on September 30th, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

not a bad month

+ tgpumpkin on September 30th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

Flashback is an amazing game. I played it when it first game out all those years ago. People should give it a shot.

+ BANDICOOTKING on September 30th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

Ugh. The worst “rpg” possible.

+ Mercenary09 on September 30th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

Awesome game in Kingdoms. Could you guys put the DLC for it on sale this month too please?

+ dodgedoors on September 30th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

Looking forward to downloading Kingdoms. Always good to see sales, I am hoping for a bigger sale later this month.

+ Ryumoau on September 30th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

I’ve already beaten Kingdoms of Amalor but its nice to finally see Sony listen to its customers and add an rpg to the IGC. Please keep this up and add some japanese ones in the future.

+ Mercenary09 on September 30th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

By the way the poll link takes you to last weeks poll. Needs to be fixed.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on September 30th, 2013 at 8:42 am said:

Thanks; let me get with the blog team and ask that they fix

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on September 30th, 2013 at 9:14 am said:

k, poll should now be fixed; thanks!

+ Vyprstryke on September 30th, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

Bummer, was hoping for a sale on Amalur dlc. Missed opportunity.

+ akisuo on September 30th, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

Hell yeah. This is the one game I been looking at for a long time and I’m happy to see it join the IGC tomorrow.

+ CptQwark on September 30th, 2013 at 8:09 am said:

Never played Kingdom of Amalur so excited to download it tomorrow. I just have to finish GTA5 before I start playing it.

+ Alma_viva on September 30th, 2013 at 8:09 am said:

Too bad I already own all the main games for the IGC this month (both PS3 and Vita), same story last month… And it’s even worse that Vita is getting such 2nd class games. No real games for the vita this month.

BTW Kingdoms of Amalur was a big dissapointment for me. I don’t know if I expected too much, or it just ended up being so little, but in the end there’s nothing really interesting about it. You might play a little and have some fun, but you’ll definitely find yourself forgetting about it sooner than you think.

+ Ryumoau on September 30th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

Also kinda disappointed with the discounts. Nothing listed interest me. Would have been nice if the Amalor dlc was on sale, since i haven’t tried the ‘Legend of Dead Kel’ or ‘Teeth of Naros’ yet.

+ YorlecmNwahs on September 30th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

I see this month you are starting with the biggest title as opposed to keeping it for last. I like it. I like it a lot.

+ etscott on September 30th, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

Will you please consider changing the sound effects of the playstation store? The confirmation sound is the same as the Windows error sound and it sends stress through my body. Thanks.

+ I_Be_Trollin_69 on September 30th, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

Why cant they release all the games on the same time like the SCEE does instead of dragging the games out and only leaving a few weeks to actually enjoy the game instead of the few months that we are actually paying for.

+ Cortez583 on September 30th, 2013 at 8:13 am said:

The discounts are kind of.. well, not even kind of. They’re a huge disappointment.
The PSN Plus game is nice, but recently these discounts have not been on par at all. As a PSN Plus member, I realize that the older sales were what brought me in as well and if you guys want to get more money, giving out those good discounts racks people in. Those 1 dollar sales were really good to even think about passing up, but the 50% off older, POPULAR games is what really pulls someone in.

+ mmitch079 on September 30th, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

I think the poll is going to last week’s update.

+ YorlecmNwahs on September 30th, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

Go to Google

Search “Let’s Get FlatOut Head On PS Vita Compatible”

Click on the first result.

Sign the petition please.

+ bt1234567892010 on September 30th, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

@16

They always do things like they are this week, the PS3 full game out first. If the best game was a vita title like last month, it would be last.

@11

The DLC may still go on sale, this is just Plus sales.

+ Gorvi on September 30th, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

I’m glad to see Amalur, it’s the only game entering the IGC this month that I don’t already own. Still one I really want, though.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on September 30th, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

Cool; glad to hear it’s one you’re looking forward to. I’ve always heard pretty interesting things about it myself. Despite the studio’s troubles, by most accounts, they delivered a very solid game.

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on September 30th, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to Hotline Miami this month! Here’s my IGC wishlist:

Assassin’s Creed 3 & Liberation
God of War (all games in the series; digital versions of GOW3 & Ascension)
Grand Theft Auto (all games in the series)
Guacamelee
LA Noire
Max Payne 3
Metal Gear Rising
Metal Gear Solid HD (PS3), digital version of MGS4
Red Dead Redemption
Red Faction Guerrilla
Stealth Inc
Uncharted 1 & 2
Velocity Ultra

Also, could you please add Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops to the Vita store?

+ DanteMerfi on September 30th, 2013 at 8:16 am said:

Very interested in trying Kingdoms. Very good week.

+ BANDICOOTKING on September 30th, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

I’m going to give this game another shot, but all I can think about is how awful the animations and voice syncing is…

+ mettreidici on September 30th, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

I didnt see KoA in the feedback section. I think this is the pool from last week.

+ elpsydominator on September 30th, 2013 at 8:23 am said:

and BOOM! nothing for vita this week as usual that’s the reason you should guys put all the monthly content available from the beginning and people will not complain about this =/

+ Ejsponge61 on September 30th, 2013 at 8:24 am said:

I just put $50 in my wallet for the “Spend $50 get $10″ promotion. I’m planing on adding $10 more to my wallet so I can get GTA V. But that Darksiders II sale is OH so tempting.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on September 30th, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

Darksiders 2 is great! also, just a reminder that you’ll need to spendt hat $10 you put in your wallet for it to count towards the “Spend $50″ promo.

+ trum3n1 on September 30th, 2013 at 8:24 am said:

Wow. No Need for Speed, no Assasins Creed 3 and no Far Cry 3 for us but for EU. Good work sony! Keep up the garbage updates lol

+ carlpain on September 30th, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

I got Reckoning for 4 bucks (Gamefly) and the discounts aren’t my cup of tea, so nothing for me this week.

+ BrianMcGuinness on September 30th, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

I actually really like the Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy games. Anyone know the difference between the Ultimate editions vs a ‘regular’ edition if there is one? I couldn’t find anything online. I assume for only $2 more we get both at the same time? I like it.

+ ShakeSlayer on September 30th, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

Very happy Kingdoms of Amalur is up first for the month of October. I hope some dlc is included, or at least put on sale (soonish.) That would be fantastic!

+ detictiveconan on September 30th, 2013 at 8:27 am said:

I’m not interested in Amalur, I hope we get a JRPG next month.(Atelier or Legend of Heroes:TitS for Vita please)

Also the Poll is for last weeks content.

+ Drakor180 on September 30th, 2013 at 8:27 am said:

Thank you guys for the game, I’ve been wanting to try it for a while!

+ geekwad71 on September 30th, 2013 at 8:29 am said:

I’ve always wanted to go back and pick up Amalur. I almost did about a month ago! Glad I didn’t. Looking forward to trying it out.

+ SiriusCJS on September 30th, 2013 at 8:33 am said:

I want out, I don’t wanna be a PS Plus member anymore. Can I get some info on how to end the subscription? Unfortunately, I’m signed up though July 2014.

+ ae11 on September 30th, 2013 at 8:40 am said:

@37 Please leave and find a way to cancel your subscription. You won’t be refunded anyway. I am so tired of reading the comments here just for all these kids to complain the EXACT games that they want aren’t in the instant game collection. The original point of Plus was to add discounts and cloud saving/updates to PSN, with games added later on. Now everyone wants FREE FREE FREE. All it ended up creating was a bunch of babies and whiners.

+ ae11 on September 30th, 2013 at 8:43 am said:

@24 T3DV0L70L1N4, can you please stop begging for free games every week? All of those games that you are asking for are old and very cheap by now, even if you buy them new. You are just embarrassing yourself and the rest of the community every week. You probably don’t have enough shame to care and will still post next week though.

+ FearMonkey on September 30th, 2013 at 8:44 am said:

Will the free version still give me the bonus stuff I supposedly unlocked by playing the demo?

+ brianrubin on September 30th, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

I too would like to chime in and ask if the Amalur DLC will be on sale at all. I have the full game already — love it by the way — and would love to get a PS+ discount on the DLC so as to revisit that colorful world.

+ dydazzy on September 30th, 2013 at 8:54 am said:

Maybe I’m missing something but I’m not seeing anything for the Vita. Makes me feel unwanted as that’s the only system I own. Even the Drop only offered one game this week.

A small sale of a least one PSP or PS Vita game each week would be nice. Please consider this for PS Plus Vita Owners. Thanks.

+ boomstickbhg on September 30th, 2013 at 8:57 am said:

Thank you for the RPG finally!!

Very glad to get this game again, I recently traded in my copy and was about to buy the PSN version soon, before I saw this.

Still have my physical items from the Collectors version and everything :) (not the crazy expensive ones with statues though)

Good work this week/better overall offerings this month.

Happy I won’t be clicking ‘nothing for me’ in the near future.

Cheers.

+ karocage on September 30th, 2013 at 9:05 am said:

Thanks for the update this week – I’ve wanted to play Amalur and it’s a great add to PS+. Also looking forward to Hotline: Miami and would be all over SOTC if I hadn’t already bought it.

Going forward, I just wanted to put in another vote for JRPGs, especially on PSP/Vita. There’s a great back catalog of PSP and PS1 RPGs (Grandia, Legend of Dragoon, Persona, Tactics Ogre, Legend of Heroes, etc.) outside the usual FF games that would be great to see. And yes, I did appreciate Disgaea! But maybe PS1 would be better so PS3 owners aren’t left out :)

+ xClayMeow on September 30th, 2013 at 9:07 am said:

I totally would have taken advantage of the Flashback Week One Discount if there was a Vita version.

All platformers should have a Vita version.

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on September 30th, 2013 at 9:08 am said:

@37 SiriusCJS:

Step 1: Wait for July 2014.

Step 2: Don’t subscribe.

It’s just that simple! If you truly don’t care any more, why worry about it? Are you that concerned about people seeing the little “+” next to your name online?

@38 ae11: Exactly (first post).

…but why attack the other guy for making a list? I’d like to see everyone make a list, especially if they don’t like what’s being offered. Much better than whining that EU is better, etc.

+ Isidrera on September 30th, 2013 at 9:09 am said:

I have a few questions about ps plus after the ps4 launch:
1 – is there gonna be games on the IGC for ps4 in december already?
2 – can you put the ps4 games on your download list even if you dont ghave a ps4 and download it when you get one?
3 – Is the PS3 IGC gonna be smaler after the ps4 games coming in?
4 – How many games a month are there gonna be for PS4?
5 – How many games a month are there gonna be for PS3(after ps4 launch)?
6 – Is the PS4 gonna count to de 2 console maximun for account downloads(making it only piossible for you to download content on your PS3 and PS4)?
7 – Is PS4 IGC gonna have anual(like ps3′s Uncharted 3, XCOM, and LBPC) games or just the monthly games?
8 – is the PS3 anaual game collection going to be renewed in the folloing years?
9 – How long until PS3 IGC dissapears only leaving the vita and PS4?

I know those are a lot of questions, but I think I am not the only one with dose doubts.
Thanks

+ zingakun on September 30th, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

October will be really good, although I think that giving ICO and SofC separated each month is kind of manipulative on the IGC.

And as always… @Morgan, @Kristine, @Paul and team, please accept my humble suggestion: add Red Dead Redemption to the IGC. Or at least bring us a pretty good sales on the Red Dead Redemption Bundle. I’ve been waiting quite a while for a sales on this Rockstar title.

If there’s an official channel from them where I can ask this, please, let me know.

Tks!!

+ Stranger_Eddie on September 30th, 2013 at 9:14 am said:

AGAIN…

NOTHING FOR PS VITA AGAIN!

… Vita things, ONLY APPEAR after a LOT OF RECLAMATIONS! MONTHS of reclamations!

THIS SITUATION IS GOING TO REPEAT FOREVER ?

>:[

+ xClayMeow on September 30th, 2013 at 9:15 am said:

Assuming the three Vita mainstays (GR, Uncharted, Wipeout) get replaced in November (1yr anniversary of Vita IGC), these are my AAA suggestions/predictions in order of likelihood:

1. LBP Vita – I’d say a given