Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Sep 30

Sep 30

PS Plus: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar Posted by Sr. Community Specialist

Dive into the expansive realm of Kingdoms of Amalur, a fantasy tale penned by famed author R.A. Salvatore. There are plenty of options to customize your character and the way you defeat your foes, so role-playing fans will be right at home here. Whether you prefer magic, melee weapons or to be a little more rogue-ish, Kingdoms of Amalur’s flexible combat system will let you play how you want. In addition, there are discounts on several titles including Flashback HD, Darksiders II, Red Faction: Armageddon and MX vs. ATV: Alive.

All of these PS Plus benefits will be available after PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, 10/1.

PlayStation Plus 10-1-2013

Instant Game Collection

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $19.99

Kingdoms of Amalur
Immerse yourself in an all-new massive universe from the minds of bestselling author R.A. Salvatore, world-renowned artist Todd McFarlane, and legendary game designer Ken Rolston. Choose your path and battle through a sprawling master-crafted world featuring some of the most intense, responsive, and customizable RPG combat ever.

Discounts

Flashback HD (PS3)

PS Plus Price: $7.99, Regular Price: $9.99

Flashback HD
20 years after the original game’s launch, Conrad is enlisted back to active service for the triumphant return of one of the most acclaimed franchises in gaming history. It is Flashback re-imagined. The original Core-Team revamped their own creation, leveraging the best of today’s technology while remaining true to the classic side-scroller that set the standards of the genre in the 90’s.

Other Discounts

Game Title PS Plus Price Regular Price
Wheel Of Fortune Ultimate Edition $17.19 $21.49
Jeopardy! Ultimate Edition $17.19 $21.49
Wheel Of Fortune & Jeopardy! Complete Pack $19.59 $24.49
MX vs. ATV: Alive $8.99 $11.99
MX vs. ATV: Alive Ultimate Edition $19.99 $24.99
Darksiders II $17.99 $23.99
Darksiders II Ultimate Edition $26.99 $35.99
Darksiders + Darksiders 2 Ultimate Edition $31.49 $41.99
Red Faction Armageddon Ultimate Edition $11.24 $14.99

We’ll be back next week with more details on the game arriving to the Instant Game Collection as well as any other benefits we can share.

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure you leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

Add Your Own

Lefoul-123 said:

October 1st, 8:31 am

If i were you I would not buy anything on sale, that only means its two months to get it free on ps plus.

leovijil2 said:

October 1st, 8:50 am

Shadow of Colossus… OMG!!!!!!! this is the most epic game i ever play. very excited with this!!!!! but please PLAYSTATION put some fighting games in there too. free UMVC 3, street fighter, dive kick, skullgirls, mortal kombat etc…… please

Lefoul-123 said:

October 1st, 8:52 am

They will probably give mortal konbat to keep messing with us, and batman and alice. I hate you guys.

SamFever said:

October 1st, 8:54 am

@jjsiete07
You’re not the only one. PS Plus content isn’t up for me either. Its almost 12 noon here, too.

ALONTE_17 said:

October 1st, 9:01 am

the u.s gets no love again. im seriously gonna make a european account

SamFever said:

October 1st, 9:04 am

@ALONTE_17
The EU had theirs updated before the month of October. It’s just a little mind boggling that EU updates before October, and US doesn’t update the first day of October.

Lefoul-123 said:

October 1st, 9:15 am

We must plan how to make an european account and charge it with funds.

klassymike said:

October 1st, 9:16 am

@ SamFever

The store usually updates between 3-5 p.m. eastern time.

Lefoul-123 said:

October 1st, 9:17 am

Anyone?

leovijil2 said:

October 1st, 9:43 am

me +Lefoul let´s do it ok. im sick of not being a priority fos ps any more.

M0v1ng_T4RG3T_- said:

October 1st, 9:58 am

i wouldnt mind if today were friday but i have university tomorrow, hope i get to play it today

sirbflo114 said:

October 1st, 11:00 am

Kingdoms of Amalur looks quite interesting and I heard good things about it. I will download that game. The discounts should rather be called overpriced games. The last discounted game I bought was Batman Arkham Asylum for $4.99 and that was a long time ago…. I would like to see Need for Speed Most Wanted and Twisted Metal. Twisted Metal is a Sony game and is selling real cheap now so I would think it is a good time to make it on instant free game collection.

Evowns1 said:

October 1st, 12:10 pm

Kingdoms of Alumar Reckoning has an error, it says it should be free but when you go to download it still asks me to pay 20 dollars.

saints24 said:

October 1st, 12:19 pm

I thought it was free for kingdom? like evowns1 says it still wants 20 bucks?

founder3 said:

October 1st, 12:21 pm

So when I go to download Kingdom of Amalur on the psn it shows that it is not a free copy, but a free 60 minute trial. But, the blog states it’s suppose to be a free full copy. So what is going on? Not trying to complain, just confused on what the deal is this week.

MoshuaDeath said:

October 1st, 12:23 pm

Uh… Almost spent $20 on a game that was suppose to be free? Kingdoms of Amalur is meant to be more than just a FREE GAME TRIAL right? I loved the hoo-wee out of that game when I picked it up, was entirely too fun to platinum and hearing about 38 Studios was daunting.

Will there be a fix to the store or is it actually to be unlocked for free download later this month and there was just an oopsy?

MAGGERS-EXODIUZ said:

October 1st, 12:26 pm

I thought it was going to be free today kingdoms of amalur if i want to play it i need to pay 20 bucks S: but in the ps store says it is FREE…

sic2291 said:

October 1st, 12:27 pm

The store is in the middle of updating, don’t check out until it says free in the cart or you’ll get charged and have to contact CS. I remember the same thing happening back when RE5 Gold was added to Plus. A lot of people checked out and paid for it by mistake.

Framston said:

October 1st, 12:27 pm

There is obviously an error with the publishing of the store right now, as none of the Plus items show up as free or discounted.

It’s happened before will happen again.

Very annoying.

omega_8 said:

October 1st, 12:29 pm

Kingdoms of Amalur is showing up as 19.99. o_o

brandonkrafjack said:

October 1st, 12:37 pm

I tried to download Reckoning, but it’s only available as a free trial for me. Anyone else having this problem?

aburamestorm said:

October 1st, 12:38 pm

When I try to download kingdoms it tells me that I have to pay for it and tries to take money from my account

Framston said:

October 1st, 12:38 pm

Does nobody read the posts before they state the same thing as the 7 people before them?

JerseyDevil1313 said:

October 1st, 12:40 pm

Not coming up as Free like normal…. Comes up as Purchase or DEMO….Would you guys PLEASE fix your interface.

Also Can you please add a option to remove games from CART. Already got screwed into buying a game during your summer sale. Really annoying that you can not remove a game from your cart….. REALLY REALLY ANNOYING

brandonkrafjack said:

October 1st, 12:42 pm

sirbflo114 I second the Twisted Metal notion.

bursumacus said:

October 1st, 12:47 pm

I’m trying to purchase Kingdom of Amalur, but the free download option is not available. It’s charging me 19.99 $.
I have a valid PS Plus subscription, I think it will end in March, next year.

Yellowmandakid said:

October 1st, 12:49 pm

hey guys Amalur is showing up as 19.99 on the playstation store whats going on.

jinchuuriki47 said:

October 1st, 12:51 pm

same here cant download kingdoms of amalur for free says i need to pay for it

PrimeroIncognito said:

October 1st, 12:51 pm

@ smoothboarder

I know man, I hate how that Primero guy is always telling the truth and not letting us crybabies get away with our atrocious antics! I hate him so much! He’s being so negative by not letting us be negative! Wait a sec… oh. Oops.

PrimeroIncognito said:

October 1st, 12:58 pm

ThumbsOfSteel74 on September 30th, 2013 at 11:52 pm said:

“But if you don’t like what you’re getting, why shouldn’t you tell Sony what you do want?”

Nothing wrong with that. Making requests is fine. It’s when they come back whining and bashing people (including specific Sony employees by name) when they don’t get what they want. And continue to do it again and again and again… for what?

Not all wishes can be granted. It’s that simple. The sense of entitlement is a HUGE problem. It needs to be snuffed out one way or another. It’s making an embarrassment out of humanity in general.

And you know, there’s always other options if you’re not happy with something… you know, such as, leaving it behind. Moving on to another company that you feel caters to your personal needs. We don’t need all this whiny crap around here.

musicman182 said:

October 1st, 1:06 pm

@ JerseyDevil1313

There most definitely is an option to remove things from your cart. See that little “X” next to each item?

Pheleos said:

October 1st, 1:08 pm

You people need to learn to read the comments before posting. No offense but it takes like two seconds to see that everyone else already pointed it out, no need to repeat your issue so much.

FotoHead_84 said:

October 1st, 1:15 pm

There is an issue when trying to get Kingdoms of Alamur from the store. Im a ps plus member, but it doesn’t give you the option for the free download. Only the game trial and a 19.99 purchase. Anyone else coming across this?

razsam said:

October 1st, 1:22 pm

#183… all of us have the same problem…. Some “oficial” contact that say something about it???? please.

Framston said:

October 1st, 1:22 pm

KoA:R is up for free download now in the store.

But as nobody reads the posts before they post themselves I doubt this will help anyone.

Gwen_Allstaria said:

October 1st, 1:31 pm

It is now free. When it is up in the plus section but not yet free it means it’s midupdate. That’s what I’ve learned.

MovieGuru said:

October 1st, 8:26 pm

Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy pack price is way off…$27.59 on the store.

onionpalac said:

October 1st, 9:05 pm

Been waiting for KoA since it was on EU PS+.
Thank you very much!
Best month on US PS+ since Demon Souls . . .

I-belivein-Allah said:

October 1st, 10:34 pm

I think there is an error in the kingdoms of amular :reckoning i tried to download it but it need $19.99 to purchase it>

Bahchoi said:

October 2nd, 12:31 am

O! M! G! Kingdoms of Amalur: Reconing is free, for ME! I’ve been wanting to buy either a digital or a hard copy of this game for so long. Since it’s only 20 bucks everywhere now, I’m this close to pay for it. But I was hoping for maybe one day it would be on Instant Game Collection for PS members like me. Now this is it. My long wait finally pay off! Eh… I’m not trying to make a big deal of it, but this means that I’ll get surprises later on for possible titles such as Catherine, Sly Cooper, Batman, Prototype, Crysis and more. Good job SONY! Moreover, Rayman: Origin on PS Vita, although not as good as Legend, is another great game that goes to my Instant Collection. Thank you, SONY.

hartbrek310 said:

October 2nd, 7:26 am

I see we are getting ripped of on the WOF/Jeopardy pack. It says 20$ here on the page but the store has it for 30$. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

VenomGusz2 said:

October 2nd, 8:58 am

Yes! I was planning to buy Kingdoms of Amalur!!

huffpuff0531 said:

October 2nd, 8:55 pm

I Know It’s Off Topic But I Would reallly Love Dead Island On IGC. I Own it on PC But Nothing Compares to Playing On PS3.. and I Don’t Want to buy it Twice lol

Gamerzlimited said:

October 3rd, 12:27 am

@smoothboarder540 It’s not my fault that there are two people in the blog that one wants to scam Sony and the other one is comparing them with the qualities of another company. There was another guy that wants to threaten them to die, but I hardly see that guy anymore. But I’m still keeping an eye on him if he posts here again.

TonyTheDealer said:

October 3rd, 11:31 pm

This month looks to be very good. I’m much happier knowing all the free games at the beginning of the month, as it gives something to look forward to. I’m extremely excited to get my claws on Hotline Miami! Wanted to play Amalur too.Everything looks great this month, actually. I already bought SotC when it was like $5 though– no big deal.

zakfarseer said:

October 4th, 12:51 am

@ the whole team – is it just me or the discounts you guys have been giving is weaker than the ones you gave before. Since last months, decent titles are only getting 3-4 dollars discount. It’s almost like you people don’t care if people buy them or not.

My IGC and discount wishlist:

– Need For Speed Most Wanted (Or any decent racing game)
– A sports game maybe, NHL 12 or 13 or Fifa
– Braid
– Portal 1-2
– Ratchet and clank (makes sense if Insomniac and sony want to market Into the nexus)
– Jak & Daxter Collection
– Catherine
– Starhawk
– Dead Space 3

zakfarseer said:

October 4th, 12:54 am

oh…I forgot to scratch Hotline Miami from my list. Sorry about that :P

Not a bad month. Not bad at all.

cheddar2010 said:

October 4th, 3:54 pm

@68

I´M A STUPID CONSUMER

best thing I have read today.!!

alk3punk7 said:

October 5th, 7:00 am

Thanks for listening and adding an RPG with Kingdoms of Amalur. For those complaining about no Dragon’s Dogma Dark Arisen like EUR, there’s just no pleasing some people. Now I’m not complaining and this is just a suggestion: with Dark Souls II on the rise for March 2014 release I think it would be awesome to add Demon’s Souls, the game that started it all, to the IGC to gather more interest in Dark Souls II. I just finally started playing Dark Souls on PC and I am an instant fan, but never played the first game in the series and would love a chance to try it.