Final Fantasy VII Remake

Oct 03

Extra Life

PlayStation and Extra Life Team Up For Children’s Hospitals

Morgan Haro's Avatar Posted by Morgan Haro on Oct 03, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

PlayStation believes in the power of our gaming community to do good in the world. That’s why we’ve teamed up with the video game based charity Extra Life to generate a call to arms to the PlayStation community to help raise money for children’s hospitals across the country.

Extra Life is a gaming event benefiting Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, a nonprofit organization that raises funds for children’s hospitals and the medical treatment, programs and charitable care that is provided to kids in their communities. For years, Extra Life has motivated gamers across the U.S. and Canada to drive donations to their local member children’s hospital, and this year, PlayStation is joining their efforts.

PlayStation Prizes for Extra Life Activities

You can get involved in raising donations for children’s hospitals in need and get great prizes in the process. Here’s how:

Extra Life

• Click here to go to the Extra Life registration page
  • Select Extra Life ‘Classic’
  • Decide whether you want to join as an individual, create a team, or join an existing one. If you’re not sure, just join as an individual. If you decide to join a team, feel free to join any team you wish.
  • Select ‘PlayStation’ under the ‘What movement are you joining?’ question.
  • Complete the rest of the fields, it should only take a few more seconds.

Now you’ll be all set to have your own profile to share with the world and raise donations. Don’t be shy about telling your friends and family about the cause you’re supporting to raise donations!

Registering for Extra Life and being a part of the PlayStation Movement enables you to get great prizes as you raise donations. Check out the breakdown below:

Extra Life

Registration is open right now so sign up and start hitting these goals today to get these great prizes. Just register, select the PlayStation option under “Join a Movement”, and start sharing your goals with your friends, families, social networks, you get the idea. Prizes are open to U.S. and Canada residents only. Please allow up to 24 hours after crossing one of the levels to receive your prize. They will be sent to the email you register with Extra Life.

Join as an individual, or jump into an existing team and contribute towards a group goal. There are a ton of great teams to join, but here’s a few we recommend:

So sign up, get your exclusive PS3 theme, and start raising donations for an amazing cause. Chime in in the comments and let us know if you’re going to register, and if so, which team you’re supporting! Oh, and don’t be shy about spreading this news; it’ll be helping a great cause. ^__^

PAGE 1 2

+ DragonusFirus on October 3rd, 2013 at 2:57 pm said:

I am in. Looking forward to helping some kids, in whichever capacity I can.

+ tusunami on October 3rd, 2013 at 4:00 pm said:

I’m going to look into this some more, this could be something that i contributre to.

+ sinnedknight on October 3rd, 2013 at 4:12 pm said:

Gaming4Life! is my team and we’re going to do our best, like we do every year!

Best of wishes to everyone else who participates!

+ ZaRnYtH on October 3rd, 2013 at 5:12 pm said:

What We Should Do As A Community Is Support Each Other

For Anyone Who Donates 5-10 Bucks To Mine I Will Contribute The Same To Yours Here Is My Link

I’m Looking Forward To Helping Eachother

+ SeanStrange on October 3rd, 2013 at 5:40 pm said:

I’m on board for this! Me and my friends are going for 250$ combined!

+ HONEYBUNRUN on October 3rd, 2013 at 5:47 pm said:

this is wrong on so many levels. you shouldn’t offering rewards for people donating. it defeats the whole purpose of “paying it forward”

+ ch8882002usnavy on October 3rd, 2013 at 7:06 pm said:

I have been participating in this event for the last 3 years supporting a hospital that has helped 2 of my children when they were in need. I am glad to see that a large company has set out to bring more people into the program to help raise money. Thank you Sony! I am at $500 so far this year and hope to get even more.

+ bldagl on October 3rd, 2013 at 7:28 pm said:

can you broadcast ur gameplay during this on twitch?

+ GEN-VooDoo-101st on October 3rd, 2013 at 9:22 pm said:

I’m in!

+ nextleveltaken on October 4th, 2013 at 1:50 am said:

@ #29 – I’m going to donate to your page soon as I get a chance.

@ #31 – I don’t think this is a bad idea. I’ve been looking for something like this to raise funds for, and the added incentive of getting launch day PS4 games (though I know I stand little to no chance of raising the most funds) is a cool incentive for many. Its a chance to help out sick children in hospitals. They definitely need some cheering up, and what better device to do it than video games! :)

My link: Even if I just raise only a dollar, its a great cause and it is still helping the kids. I have a new appreciation for life after having kids. :)

+ mzingarelli on October 4th, 2013 at 5:51 am said:

This is a really nice campaign! I hope we have something like that here in Brazil someday…

+ aaronk1018 on October 4th, 2013 at 6:52 am said:

This is a good idea, but has Sony ever considered something like the “Humble Bundles?” Where folks can purchase games at a discount (usually paying whatever they want, so long as it is over $1) and the proceeds going to charity. If done correctly, I imagine a lot of money would be raised – if not for the simple fact it requires little more than people pushing a few buttons on their controllers.

+ sesyjon on October 4th, 2013 at 7:12 am said:

Are you guys going to make some T-shirt to buy? I want to give some flyers or something.

+ ZaRnYtH on October 4th, 2013 at 10:02 am said:

@#35 Thanks Man I Will Return The Favor Thursday When I Get Paid!

+ hypersk_us on October 4th, 2013 at 10:58 am said:

@#29 & @#35, that’s a great idea, I’ll contribute to your pages whenever I have a chance to.

My page is:

Good luck everyone!

+ EdReedFan20 on October 4th, 2013 at 12:54 pm said:

I have a quick question. I received my PS+ 30 day code. Do they expire and if so, how long does it take? I’m (hopefully) getting my PS4 on launch day (It’s pre-ordered at Target). I plan on also pickup up Killzone: Shadow Fall (which Amazon is now showing comes with a 7 day code). PS4 also comes with a 14 day code. My plan is to stack all three codes on November 15th (it amounts to 51 days of PS+). If I enter them on November 15th, that would last me until about January 4th. However, before that date, I should have a 1 year code from Christmas. So my question is, will the 30 day code last until November 15th or will it expire before then (if at all)?

+ brawlbull on October 4th, 2013 at 2:58 pm said:

I will be joining this today my good sir as I have very fond memories of Children’s Hospital. When I used to get admitted for random asthma attacks they would also cart around NES and/or Super NES setups for the kids to play, actually, that’s the only time I was ever able to really play the classic Mario’s. In that way they always had ties to gamers. Would be cool if Sony is doing something similar.

+ brawlbull on October 4th, 2013 at 3:17 pm said:

Will any of my personal donations go towards the buy $50 get $10 back promotion cause if so then that’s an automatic $50.

+ sewalsh on October 5th, 2013 at 10:27 am said:

Anyway you guys can make an app so we can use our psn money to donate? Message our friends where to donate ect. I was a happy that you guys joined in the fund raising that is amazing but was shocked that I can’t do anything from my playstation..

+ GhostMachine1 on October 5th, 2013 at 10:28 am said:

What percentage of money raised will go to children’s hospital?

+ Patchex on October 5th, 2013 at 10:58 am said:

Hi Morgan Haro, and Sony teams… I am very happy to see this Blog post, its about time…It only took you 6 years… I have been very involved with Extra-life for a little while now, I am on the Boston Street team and have some info you might want to know if you don’t already. Y2David, one of the MVP’s on the PS forums has been captain of a Extra-life team for years, there is also a Forum page dedicated to just this… Here’s a link…

So there are already PS team listed if you just want to join a team instead of making a new one… Also to answer Ghostmachine1’s question… all the money goes to the Children’s hospital… What Jeremy Adams told us is that it goes to research at the hospitals to find cures and buy stuff for the Children. Also from what I see some Donors specifically donate and ask that funds go into stuff like the Extra-life fund raising project. So all the money goes to benefit the Children.

+ CaptainPhillie on October 5th, 2013 at 3:04 pm said:

I am so glad that Playstation has sponsored Extra Life :)

I have been a huge Playstation gamer for the majority of my life and it is such great news that I can do this :)

Can’t wait to participate

+ Patchex on October 6th, 2013 at 9:15 am said:

Was there a reason you decided not to post my comment? I noticed you skipped my post… like I said its about time Sony took an official stand for Extra-life, its nice to see you all putting up incentives, its better then the Free icon threw PS HOME like a few years ago, that most people just took and did nothing to help the children… they really do not make me any more willing to participate, seeing that I have everything on the incentive list, yet I am very involved anyway… its all good that you didn’t post my last comment, yet I figured I would drop a line to let you know I noticed, just like I notice the way I am also treated in the forums by your MODs… I hope you really do want to help the children and this is not just some publicity stunt, seeing that Microsoft has been supporting Extra-life for years now (I really don’t like Microsoft yet it was good of them to be so supportive)… The kids count and if they survive the problems they are all facing in the hospitals they might be future customers… and fellow community members…if they are not already…

+ Patchex on October 7th, 2013 at 4:52 pm said:

Sorry, I thought my comment was deleted for some odd reason… I guess a sorry for the misunderstanding is in order… and thank you Sony for taking an active role in this years Extra-life Event… cheers and good looking out, I hope this becomes a tradition for our PSN community!!! Children are our Future…

+ chsnavi on October 11th, 2013 at 8:01 am said:

Glad to say, that i reached my goal today! Sick kids hospital in Toronto – which i attended throughout my life for regular heart checkups deserves it. Glad to have taken part this year. Keep up the good work everyone!

+ Gallowglass on October 14th, 2013 at 11:56 am said:

This is awesome! I joined Extra Life before this announcement. I have tried to join the PsS team via the link you commented on with spot 7, 11 and others – but my account hasn’t changed nor have I received any info from Team Playstation. How do I know if this worked? I am currently at just over $1000 raised with 2 weeks left. Thanks

+ wynams on October 14th, 2013 at 12:18 pm said:

I raised $75 over the weeekend !!! Yay! Thanks for partnering with Extra-Life.

There is an issue with one of my codes. The month of PS Plus.

When I added the code to my PSN account, it actually only added 7 days.

Is this a problem on Extra-Life’s end or Sony’s?

+ JustAnotherPLYR on October 21st, 2013 at 2:43 pm said:

I want to join, But i have no idea how this works and how the funds are raised. Do i need to buy equipment or start going to a local meet-up to help raise funds? I am still new to Extra Life, but really wanna join up in this promotion.

+ muzik316 on October 24th, 2013 at 1:24 pm said:

I have signed up, but haven’t joined a team. My goal is that PS4 launch day lineup. I’d love an avatar of the controller with the wings too to show our support! Can you make the last one happen? They already have an avatar file on their site.

+ Bruise on October 24th, 2013 at 3:16 pm said:

If you guys aren’t able to participate in the game you can donate to me here if you’d like. I’ve already gotten the prize vouchers and whatnot. I’m doing this for the kids. Not for When Vikings Attack or PS4 launch games. Thanks in advance guys! For the kids!

+ strikefire67 on October 26th, 2013 at 5:00 pm said:

Hi. So I just donated $60 dollars. Never donated to charity before but I have heard of this one and Child’s Play. Anyway, I saw the transaction go through. BUT, when I went to download the receipt for it, it had a link to a .pdf file.

This is great, I can print it then. However my printer is not working and we have no idea why.

The government needs a receipt of everything I do purchase or otherwise.

Someone please help me. Is there a link to their email anywhere that I can send them an email asking to mail me a receipt of the transaction?

Then again, I have a USB drive around here somewhere so I suppose I can take it to a library and download it from that.

Also, how long does it take for the “rewards” to come? I haven’t gotten any messages about anything.

+ XeahuleXolic on October 29th, 2013 at 10:10 pm said:

I am in!!

+ Goldenfir on October 31st, 2013 at 6:49 am said:

This is my second year doing Extra Life and I was wondering how I can attach my Extra Life account with my Playstation account since I run them out of two different email accounts. I don’t want to miss out on all of the offerings that Sony has for us Extra Lifers.

+ zzamaro on October 3rd, 2013 at 9:38 am said:

Count me in :D

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 3rd, 2013 at 9:51 am said:

+ XtemmA2 on October 3rd, 2013 at 9:39 am said:

Good event!
I can choose for Raise $10 twice, right?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 3rd, 2013 at 9:56 am said:

Not sure what you mean there; but the idea is that you create a profile, and then keep raising money for the cause. So raising $10 would get you a PS Plus 30 day membership voucher. Then $25 would get you the next prize, etc. Hope that makes sense!

+ Spider-Jew on October 3rd, 2013 at 9:43 am said:

If we registered before this announcement and are unsure if we registered as a PlayStation participant, is there a way to check if you did? And if you didn’t, can you change it now, after you already registered?

+ l2enegadez on October 3rd, 2013 at 9:44 am said:

how can i take part in this if i’m already signed up for extra life individually? the playstation movement wasn’t there when i had originally signed up?

+ Valde_zerocool on October 3rd, 2013 at 9:46 am said:

I’ve already registered and have $75 donated towards me so far, can I join the movement still? Thanks in advance!

+ TheRealHades on October 3rd, 2013 at 9:46 am said:

I am curious too. Been doing this for 4 years now and their site doesn’t allow for any changes, at least easily. How do we get linked in to this movement?

+ dzellmer85 on October 3rd, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

What if I’d already registered and raised over $600? Am I able to get the prizes?

+ sgd-oh-c on October 3rd, 2013 at 10:00 am said:

Hi everyone! If you were already signed up you can join the PlayStation movement right here.

+ Shinra_Soldier7 on October 3rd, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

I have just registered and have joined Team Playstation! This is a great cause and will be a great thing to see so many children hospitals be supported. Now its time to try and get some donations and get the word out.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 3rd, 2013 at 11:08 am said:

Awesome, thanks for jumping on board!

+ xClayMeow on October 3rd, 2013 at 10:46 am said:

Is there any way to leave/switch teams? I joined “PlayStation Crowd” because I didn’t see “PlayStation Official” like you posted, but now I see there’s a “Team PlayStation”

I wish you guys just had one team to make it easier.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 3rd, 2013 at 11:10 am said:

You can join any team you want. You don’t have to join any particular team, nor do you need to switch teams if you were already on one.

For those who had already joined Extra Life in any capacity, you can change to the PlayStation Movement here:

This doesn’t change your team, you’re still on board with however you registered; you’re just now part of the PlayStation Movement so you can earn those prizes and have a chance to get the grand prize for the most donations raised.

+ Thwip on October 3rd, 2013 at 10:55 am said:

Great initiative! Not only will it help Children’s Hospitals, and the ill children they support. Hopefully as a side benefit, it will also help diminish the stereotype of gamers only being young, drug using, prone to violence, burdens to society.

Sony, please take advantage of this effort to promote the “good” in gamers. Not in a, “hey we are only participating in this, to gain this” kind of way. But there is nothing wrong with tooting our own horn a little bit.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 3rd, 2013 at 11:07 am said:

We are doing this soley to support Extra Life. There’s no marketing element to it. We love what they do, we love how it involves gamers and helping children’s hospotals acoss the country, so we’re just adding our voice to their message =)

+ Spider-Jew on October 3rd, 2013 at 10:56 am said:

@10: You can be on any team and still get the rewards. Unless you just wanted to be on the PlayStation Official team to be on the PlayStation official team…then nevermind then lol.

+ xClayMeow on October 3rd, 2013 at 11:05 am said:

@Spider-Jew, yes the latter. lol

+ BossmanCCrowder1 on October 3rd, 2013 at 9:37 am said:

Woo! Team Radio PlayStation!

+ DBZTRUNKS on October 3rd, 2013 at 11:23 am said:

just curious…but how do you get the theme? iv already registered but didnt get any sort of code or anything like that

+ DBZTRUNKS on October 3rd, 2013 at 11:26 am said:

Edit::: nevermind got an email for it…(by the way,you guys should really add an edit button for posts lol)

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 3rd, 2013 at 11:45 am said:

cool; glad to hear you got the theme! The prizes may take as much as 24 hours to get to you, but don’t let that hold you back. Thanks for joining!

+ sesyjon on October 3rd, 2013 at 11:27 am said:

This is Aweosme!! I been on extra life for 2 years now!!

PAGE 1 2