Uncharted 4

Oct 03

Extra Life

PlayStation and Extra Life Team Up For Children’s Hospitals

Morgan Haro's Avatar Posted by Morgan Haro on Oct 03, 2013 // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

PlayStation believes in the power of our gaming community to do good in the world. That’s why we’ve teamed up with the video game based charity Extra Life to generate a call to arms to the PlayStation community to help raise money for children’s hospitals across the country.

Extra Life is a gaming event benefiting Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, a nonprofit organization that raises funds for children’s hospitals and the medical treatment, programs and charitable care that is provided to kids in their communities. For years, Extra Life has motivated gamers across the U.S. and Canada to drive donations to their local member children’s hospital, and this year, PlayStation is joining their efforts.

PlayStation Prizes for Extra Life Activities

You can get involved in raising donations for children’s hospitals in need and get great prizes in the process. Here’s how:

Extra Life

• Click here to go to the Extra Life registration page
  • Select Extra Life ‘Classic’
  • Decide whether you want to join as an individual, create a team, or join an existing one. If you’re not sure, just join as an individual. If you decide to join a team, feel free to join any team you wish.
  • Select ‘PlayStation’ under the ‘What movement are you joining?’ question.
  • Complete the rest of the fields, it should only take a few more seconds.

Now you’ll be all set to have your own profile to share with the world and raise donations. Don’t be shy about telling your friends and family about the cause you’re supporting to raise donations!

Registering for Extra Life and being a part of the PlayStation Movement enables you to get great prizes as you raise donations. Check out the breakdown below:

Extra Life

Registration is open right now so sign up and start hitting these goals today to get these great prizes. Just register, select the PlayStation option under “Join a Movement”, and start sharing your goals with your friends, families, social networks, you get the idea. Prizes are open to U.S. and Canada residents only. Please allow up to 24 hours after crossing one of the levels to receive your prize. They will be sent to the email you register with Extra Life.

Join as an individual, or jump into an existing team and contribute towards a group goal. There are a ton of great teams to join, but here’s a few we recommend:

So sign up, get your exclusive PS3 theme, and start raising donations for an amazing cause. Chime in in the comments and let us know if you’re going to register, and if so, which team you’re supporting! Oh, and don’t be shy about spreading this news; it’ll be helping a great cause. ^__^

PAGE 1 2

+ Xnightwish on October 3rd, 2013 at 11:36 am said:

Haven’t seen you post in awhile Morgan, are you done writing up the plus updates? Did all the negative nancies finally get to ya?

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 3rd, 2013 at 11:51 am said:

Yeah, after 2 years on the Plus posts, it was time for me to move on; but no it wasn’t due to critiques ;) Kristine writes those now and she’s got her eyes on all of the PSN content every week, so she’s a bit more in tune with what’s coming for Plus. But in terms of getting your suggestions back to the teams, we’re still all over that!

+ Welmosca on October 3rd, 2013 at 11:45 am said:

Wish I could participate…would love to win Shadow Fall and Knack.I have the other games….so I would be going for the most raised.Good initiative.

+ einstein_79 on October 3rd, 2013 at 2:14 pm said:

I’ve supported the Playstation Nation guys for a few years now and one year I was fortunate enough to win a prize pack from them with seven EA Sports titles from that year.

Then a year later I feel I was able to benefit from the work of these Children’s Hospitals, and maybe indirectly Extra Life as well, when my second daughter was born 12 weeks early, weighing just over two pounds. She was in the hospital for her first eight weeks before we were able to bring her home on Christmas Eve.

Supporting Extra Life and the PSNation crew made me feel proud to be part of a community that is willing to do something good for the kids and people they’ve never even met.

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 3rd, 2013 at 2:56 pm said:

That’s an amazing story, and I’m glad to hear that your daughter was able to be brought home safe and sound. Glad to have your support, and I think we’re all in a good position to do something good as a gaming community.

+ MogwaiOfOwnage on October 3rd, 2013 at 2:14 pm said:

This is my first Extra Life event, but I’ve been doing Dance Marathon for CMN for two years now. I’m so excited to be able to participate in this, and it makes me even more of a Sony fan by seeing you all support a great cause.

+ penguinswag12 on October 3rd, 2013 at 2:36 pm said:

I’ll ask my parents and see what they say and if they say yes im definitely in

+ MOOSH89 on October 3rd, 2013 at 2:40 pm said:

This is my second year doing Extra Life!

Last year I raised $500.00, this year my goal is currently $500 as well. I am at $210.00 right now, and have applied to be linked to the Playstation Movement! :)

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 3rd, 2013 at 2:54 pm said:

That’s amazing, glad to have your support for Extra Life!

+ luvtoseek on October 3rd, 2013 at 12:14 pm said:

This is a great initiative! I’ll sign up! ^o^

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 3rd, 2013 at 2:56 pm said:

+ StephieRawks on October 3rd, 2013 at 1:16 pm said:

Awesome! I’ll be playing for Team PSTALENT again this year and I just registered my existing account for the PlayStation Movement! Last year, we raised $564 and had lots of fun too!

Morgan Haro's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 3rd, 2013 at 2:02 pm said:

That’s great! Thanks so much for supporting a great cause =)

PAGE 1 2