Driveclub

Borderlands 2: Game of the Year Edition Out Next Week, Celebrate with Loot Hunt

Chris Faylor's Avatar + Posted by Chris Faylor on Oct 04, 2013 // Community Manager, Gearbox Software

Borderlands 2 GOTY Edition, 07

Click here to see the full gallery

Hi everyone, this is Chris Faylor, Community Manager at Borderlands 2 maker Gearbox Software. This Tuesday, October 8th marks the launch of Borderlands 2: Game of the Year Edition, which is going to pack a ton of content (over $100 worth) for $59.99.

It’s amazing for us at Gearbox to see so many people enjoying the game — after all, it’s your passion that drives us to keep creating new content — and we’re excited that this edition comes packed with all of the season pass content, and more!

This bundle is a great starting point for those that may have missed out on Borderlands 2 the first time around, and it’s the perfect holiday gift for your future co-op partners!

Here’s a look at everything that’s in Borderlands 2: Game of the Year Edition:

borderlands 2 GOTY Edition
  • The award-winning Borderlands 2 main game
  • Captain Scarlett and her Pirate’s Booty Campaign Add-On
  • Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage Campaign Add-On
  • Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt Campaign Add-On
  • Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep Campaign Add-On
  • Krieg the Psycho Character Class
  • Gaige the Mechromancer Character Class (as part of the Premiere Club Content)
  • Other Premiere Club Content:
    • Gearbox Gun Pack
    • Golden Key
    • Vault Hunter’s Relic
  • Creature Slaughter Dome Add-On
  • Collector’s Edition Heads and Skins
  • Contraband Sky Rocket Grenade
  • Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1

Phew!

Now, in order to celebrate the launch of the Game of the Year Edition, we wanted to do something special. Starting next Friday, October 11th, Gearbox Software and 2K will be hosting the Borderlands 2 $100,000 Loot Hunt.

In partnership with the folks here at PlayStation, Turtle Beach, NVIDIA, and BradyGames, 2K and Gearbox will be giving away tons of weekly prizes — including a grand prize of $50,000 in cold hard cash.

Borderlands 2 GOTY Edition, 06Borderlands 2 GOTY Edition, 05

We’ll also have four weekly cash prizes (worth a combined $50,000), along with incredible loot like PlayStation Vitas, and copies of Borderlands 2 Vita when it’s released. Check out the official website for a full list of prizes.

And of course, in addition to all that, you’ll also be able to get unique and legendary drops just by completing in-game objectives! And don’t be surprised if during the course of all this some of the bajillion weapons on Pandora suddenly become even more powerful.

For those of you without internet access or the ability to play Borderlands 2, U.S. residents can enter the sweepstakes by mailing a postcard to the following address:

2K Games
Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt Sweepstakes
10 Hamilton Landing, Novato, CA 94949.

While the Loot Hunt itself doesn’t kick off until October 11th, you can sign up now and check out the full details and rules by heading over to the sweepstakes website.

Borderlands 2 GOTY Edition, 04

Borderlands 2 GOTY Edition, 03Borderlands 2 GOTY Edition, 02

Oh, and for those of you that have been asking for more Borderlands 2 downloadable content, you won’t have to wait much longer! The first of the new Headhunter Pack add-ons for Borderlands 2, T.K. Baha’s Bloody Harvest, arrives later this month — look for more details soon!

40 Comments   1 Reply

+ boomstickbhg on October 4th, 2013 at 10:12 am said:

Nice stuff!

If Borderlands was a woman and I was attractive I’d ask it to have my baby.

+ OhYaBastd on October 4th, 2013 at 10:17 am said:

Link’s dead?

Chris Faylor's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on October 4th, 2013 at 10:21 am said:

Okay, just refreshed the links! Should be good. Thanks for noting this.

Cheers!

+ Zionine on October 4th, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

No time frame for the Vita version yet, right?

+ gus_xl on October 4th, 2013 at 10:45 am said:

I’m going to wait for the Vita version. Looks good though.

+ duffyboy1986 on October 4th, 2013 at 10:51 am said:

Chris Faylor, the vits version will get the game of the year edition or just the vanilla.Thats all the world wants to know…information on the vita version

+ martinirage1 on October 4th, 2013 at 11:10 am said:

This looks very tempting… but i am waiting for the vita version. If you guys released the vita version as the game of the year edition and priced it at 60 bucks I would totally go for it.

+ hypersk_us on October 4th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

One question about the DLC that comes with this edition of the game.

Is it included in the disc, or does it come in vouchers for PSN downloads?

Thanks!

+ jimmyfoxhound on October 4th, 2013 at 11:39 am said:

Oh heck yeah!! LOVE Borderlands 2 soooo much, the support for the game has been nothing short of AMAZING! And one of the only season passes that actually felt like it was worth the money I spent on it. (Glares at Uncharted 3 season pass…) I’ll def pick this GOTY edition up. One question, is the DLC on the disc? I collect a ton of games and I’d love to know I could keep playing this game even after Sony abandons the PS store or if I’m unable to download the DLC. Thanks so much! Can’t wait to get back into this game on the 11th sounds like a lot of fun!!!

+ FJ1100_rider on October 4th, 2013 at 11:51 am said:

If I hadn’t already spent so much on games this month I would have probably got this game too , finally you don’t need to spend more on dlc than on the game

Too bad , I’ll have to put this on my wishlist for later , I’m just too broke after pre ordering batman akham origins and beyond two souls to spend another $60 on borderlands 2 . Maybe by the time I can buy it it will be cheaper or I’ll get it on black friday .
if the dlc is on the disc or not , how much memory do you need for the goty edition ? that’s another thing you should tell people in this post , not just what’s included but how much space it needs

+ IrishDude2 on October 4th, 2013 at 11:52 am said:

I’ve been waiting for this GoTY edition. But after hearing about it come to the Vita it brings in a new question which is will the Vita version ever come with the PS3 version. Such a hard choice to decide if and when I should get this. Have only recently got 2 ps3 games, 2 games to come and 3 ps4 games + the console. Am pretty busy by the looks of it. And then next year when we get Destiny, there wont be time for this. :(

+ FJ1100_rider on October 4th, 2013 at 11:55 am said:

@8
Sony is not going to abandon the playstation store , ever , they will have it for psvita , ps3 and ps4 for a long time to come and its used for psm on playstation certified phones too , plus its the same online network used worldwide for their pc games , music unlimited and movies ( which you would know if you read the terms of use agreement that changed the name from psn to s.e.n last year )

+ CrusaderForever on October 4th, 2013 at 12:31 pm said:

Awesome idea, looks like it’s time to get back into B2!

+ Welmosca on October 4th, 2013 at 12:43 pm said:

Fantastic news…now’s the time to buy…and I’m definitely buying it.Borderlands DLCs are one of the best out there…all side-story DLCs(the only DLCs worth getting)…thats really amazing…wish all devs did the same.

+ avatarguy on October 4th, 2013 at 1:01 pm said:

Way too late this GOTY version! should have come out in summer or even in September, you shouldn’t have waited till October when everyone’s money is tie up in brand new games, Very disappointing!

+ moecage on October 4th, 2013 at 1:50 pm said:

Any new info on the vita version ?

+ Ricen-Beans on October 4th, 2013 at 1:58 pm said:

Where is the vita version???

+ Frodomec on October 4th, 2013 at 2:23 pm said:

Release date for the Vita Version?

+ Kazawa1234 on October 4th, 2013 at 2:24 pm said:

The problem with this is that I bought the game when it came out, and the season pass. Which, did not include some of the content, like the psycho, though they did give us the ‘4 expansions’ they promised. Too bad I thought I bought a ‘seasons’ worth of content. Just so you know, I’ll never buy a season pass from you guys again. It was very disappointing and I feel misled. Next time, I’ll just wait for the GOTY.

Just so you know, I absolutely love the game and its fantastic. Feel a little cheated, but will buy every borderlands game ever, just not at release. And yes to the vita version, can’t wait!

+ crusher915 on October 4th, 2013 at 2:39 pm said:

will there be a GOTY DLC bundle for those of us who have the game but not the DLC?

+ Satnamji on October 4th, 2013 at 2:52 pm said:

Great promotion! I wish more games would offer either in-game or real world prizes for continuing to play long after one has done pretty everything there is to do in a game.

Reminds me of the weekend challenges Mass Effect 3 held almost every weekend last year. Not so coincidentally, once they stopped running the challenges, I moved on to other games and haven’t touched the MP since.

+ WakizashiM on October 4th, 2013 at 3:36 pm said:

I would like to know if the additional content is included on the disc or if they come as voucher codes. This is important to me.

+ tusunami on October 4th, 2013 at 4:08 pm said:

Ah very interesting i may have to check this out, haven’t played this in awhile.

+ BBA_198 on October 4th, 2013 at 4:56 pm said:

Digital Version?

+ TournamentOfHate on October 4th, 2013 at 5:29 pm said:

So even after getting the GOTY edition there’s still going to be DLC that’s not included? It’s getting crazy to keep track of all the DLC that comes out nowadays. Also interested in if the DLC is on the disk.

+ nolo451 on October 4th, 2013 at 6:10 pm said:

Nice.

If I had the patience, I would have bought this, but its just too much fun and had to buy all this when it was originally released.

+ VirusX_x on October 4th, 2013 at 7:09 pm said:

Vita version plz!

+ BlaqMagiq24 on October 4th, 2013 at 8:02 pm said:

I knew there was going to be a GOTY edition of Borderlands 2. Got the GOTY edition of the first one and loved it. I really wanna buy this but I heard there will be MORE DLC released for this game. Will there be a second GOTY edition because owning this would kinda make it feel incomplete. I don’t expect to get an answer to my question but I felt I needed to address this issue.

But great value already for anyone that does buy this!

+ kmetek on October 5th, 2013 at 12:06 am said:

this looks excellent.

+ iREVOLTER on October 5th, 2013 at 2:47 am said:

So, no GOTY Edition for VITA … This is sad =\

+ DevilOfMidnight on October 5th, 2013 at 7:47 am said:

Thank you for rewarding my patience! I really wanted in, but at launch I had no monies to play with. Now I get it all!

+ Elvick_ on October 5th, 2013 at 8:50 am said:

Is the PS Vita version going to be GOTY Edition? Including any DLC if it’s not? Cross-buy DLC at least?

We need more info.

+ Sarrop39 on October 5th, 2013 at 11:59 am said:

Glad I waited to get this :)

+ Big_Merl on October 5th, 2013 at 5:08 pm said:

I’m still waiting for Borderlands 2 to come to PS+, I figure it will happen sometime next year. I’m in no hurry to play it considering I haven’t beaten Borderlands 1 yet. Maybe they will release an ultimate edition and put it on sale someday.

+ Gamerzlimited on October 5th, 2013 at 7:24 pm said:

Ever since I missed that Black Friday deal for the vanilla version last year, I decided to wait to see if a GOTY edition comes out. Glad it was worth the wait even though if it was a pain not being able to play the game for so long. The only time I got to play it was during a rental. Unfortunately, I too have to wait a little longer because I spent a bit much on PSN because of that “Spend $50, Get $10″ offer. Hopefully next month, it will be on a Black Friday deal just like the vanilla version last year.

+ Mando44646 on October 6th, 2013 at 7:13 am said:

Any details on the Vita release? I hope that also comes with all the GOTY content as well

+ TheExiled12894 on October 6th, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

Release date for the Vita version?

+ XxSkullKIDXx79 on October 6th, 2013 at 4:50 pm said:

if i get the game of the year edition will i have to pay for the dlc on the vita version

+ Hooligantuan on October 7th, 2013 at 5:43 am said:

Borderlands 2 – Most Overrated Game of 2012

Mechanics absolutely fall apart in the late game. Let’s chain 3-5 Second Winds together in every fight!

If anyone ever tells you Borderlands 2 is hard, they’re mistaken – it’s just obnoxious.

+ spinosaurus12 on October 8th, 2013 at 3:53 pm said:

It is the 8th of October and I haven’t seen it yet online.

+ EXQUISITEEMPRESS on November 1st, 2013 at 9:53 pm said:

Awesome. This was released faster than I thought.