Uncharted 4

The Drop: New PlayStation Releases for October 8th, 2013

Ryan Clements's Avatar + Posted by Ryan Clements on Oct 06, 2013 // Social Media Specialist

The Drop

Prepare to unravel supernatural mysteries, or relive two award-winning experiences of 2012. All this and more join the PlayStation lineup this week. Please charge your DualShocks in preparation.

Jodie Holmes has not lived her life alone. Since childhood, she has been followed by an unseen entity of incredible power. It’s bound to her, and the mystery of this connection only deepens throughout her years. Experience Jodie’s story on Tuesday when Beyond: Two Souls launches for PS3. This story-driven thriller comes from the same team that brought you Heavy Rain in 2010, so you can expect the same quality character drama and visual spectacle.

And if you missed out on Borderlands 2 or Dishonored — two critically-acclaimed games that launched last year — you can finally see why gamers have been raving. Both games are getting Game of the Year Editions this week, which gives you the opportunity to catch up on your gun-crazy loot hunting, or stealth-infused steampunk, respectively.

Looking for something a little quirkier? Consider Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness, and plunge into the RPG insanity that can satisfy even the most hardcore strategy lovers.

For a full list of games coming this week, keep scrolling. And enjoy the Drop!

Jodie Holmes, Beyond: Two Souls

Just Dance 2014
Malicious Rebirth
Orc Attack
Worms Revolution Extreme

New PlayStation Releases This Week

PS3, PS Vita, PSN
Frantic, funny multiplayer with an added ninja twist. Control super-powered ninjas and compete with your friends in dangerous arenas. Win not with direct attacks, but by forcing other plays into environmental hazards, like lava pits and laser beams.
PS3, PSN
A tile-based, strategy RPG. Control your army, composed of several decorated tiles, by sliding them across the board towards opposing forces. Defeat monsters and build your army in order to vanquish the final threat waiting for you at the end of your journey.
PS3, Retail
Live the life of Jodie Holmes, a young woman with an extraordinary companion. Experience a story-driven adventure as you unravel the questions surrounding the powerful entity known as Aiden, and survive the dangers Jodie faces, both uncommon and everyday.
PS3, Retail
Rejoice, for there is loot. Return to Pandora and enjoy all the gun-wielding, treasure-dropping psychos that occupy its unforgiving surface. The critically-acclaimed shooter comes packed with tons of DLC for newcomers and veterans.
PS3, Retail
It’s a Capcom collection! Contains Resident Evil 6, Super Street Fighter IV, Devil May Cry 4, Dead Rising 2, and Mega Man 10. More than enough gaming goodness for any interested parties.
PS3, PSN, Retail
It’s about time JRPG fans return to the Netherworld, and the unlikely trio that started it all. This strategy game combines a quirky sense of humor with a massive battle system, enabling you to invest a tremendous amount of time into playing. Just watch out for Prinnys.
PS3, PSN, Retail
A stealth adventure with ample player flexibility, Dishonored returns and brings a ton of downloadable content along for the ride. Travel back to the plague-ridden city of Dunwall as Corvo Attano, and wield weapons both mechanical and mystical in an effort to purge the corruption from within the city.
PS3, PSN
Experience all the cars and circuits from the FIA Formula One World Championship, along with classic content. Take the Young Driver Test to learn the techniques needed for elite-level drivers, race with 80′s and 90′s era cars, and chase fame in Grand Prix Mode.
PS2 Classic, PSN
A top-down shooter with old-school, 2D visuals. Travel through snowy forests and battle enemies as Sayuki, in an effort to save a young boy from a terrible curse.
PS3, PSN, Retail
The long-running dance series is back, with more than 40 tracks to dance to. Step into Party Master mode to customize your group jam sessions, or take the dancing online in Just Dance’s first ever online multiplayer mode.
PS Vita, PSN
An enhanced, portable version of the PS3 game, Malicious, the PS Vita version boasts more stages, more bosses, and more powers. Choose your battle and fight for the good of the kingdom.
PS3, PSN
This third-person, cooperative beat ‘em up puts you in the orc’s shoes for once. Command an orc warrior and wield the terrifying power of flatulence against your human enemies.
PS Vita, PSN
Take your worms on the go! Plot your attacks across more than 70 levels of strategic mayhem. Tackle the campaign alone, or play with friends and share in the destructive goodness together.

Note: the above information is subject to change without notice.

PAGE 1 2
Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on October 6th, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

Let the beat…. DROOOOOOP.

+ NJShadow on October 6th, 2013 at 9:56 am said:

Can’t wait! I wasn’t even planning on picking up Beyond: Two Souls until I played that incredible demo. Got my Limited Edition reserved and ready for pick-up on Tuesday. Dare I say, we may have another Game of The Year contender on our hands.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on October 6th, 2013 at 9:57 am said:

High praise! I can’t wait to play it. Looks beautiful.

Cheers!

+ Frodomec on October 6th, 2013 at 10:00 am said:

Malicious on VITA!

YEAHHHH!!!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on October 6th, 2013 at 10:04 am said:

Yeah!

+ PZDugna on October 6th, 2013 at 10:01 am said:

Woah Malicious rebirth came out of nowhere….I knew it was coming but never remembered the date for it…anyway this week is pretty awesome for ps3/vita owners alike and tons of different genres to play.

+ Frodomec on October 6th, 2013 at 10:01 am said:

Any price information about Malicious Rebirth?

+ lordkgun on October 6th, 2013 at 10:02 am said:

might have to pick up Dishonored: Game of the Year Edition after i beat beyond two souls can’t wait

+ Mantiskilla on October 6th, 2013 at 10:03 am said:

Beasties Boys reference to kick off the comments? Nice!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on October 6th, 2013 at 10:05 am said:

We know how to do it, here at PlayStation.

:-D

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on October 6th, 2013 at 10:03 am said:

Guys, how good does this Drop look? Powerhouse got it goin’ on.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on October 6th, 2013 at 10:04 am said:

OH, you!

+ CapJSheridan on October 6th, 2013 at 10:04 am said:

You know, we really need a couple of special sales to go with the spend $50 get 10 back promotion

Put all PSP and PSOne games on 50% and I’d probably buy them all

+ VanguardFate on October 6th, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

No PSN release of Borderlands GOTY?

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on October 6th, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

Currently, this is only a Blu-ray launch planned for this Tuesday!

Thanks for asking. Cheers!

+ DRAQ-520 on October 6th, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

Beyond looks pretty good, gotta make a decision after playing the demo, by the way, I recently finished the Vita anniversary game Wild Arms for PSone and I gotta say it’s freaking great! I’m about to download the second, however I noticed you don’t have the third one on the PS2 Classics, it would be great if you guys talked to sony about it.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on October 6th, 2013 at 10:08 am said:

Thank you for the note!

+ xHAYATOx on October 6th, 2013 at 10:10 am said:

Is the PS Store under maintenance?

+ american_36 on October 6th, 2013 at 10:11 am said:

finally the drop looks really beautiful layoutwise^^ thanks for that (and the games are good too of course!)

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on October 6th, 2013 at 10:12 am said:

Thank you so much!

+ KirAMinh on October 6th, 2013 at 10:11 am said:

@Mr.Ryan: Can you give me sm update for Borderlands 2 – Vita ver?! :D

Tks you so much!

+ franelleceusa on October 6th, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

MALICIOUS REBIRTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ TheExiled12894 on October 6th, 2013 at 10:17 am said:

Malcious Rebirth for me :D

Wasn’t Orc Attack also announced for Vita? Any ETA for Borderlands 2 Vita?

+ shogun00 on October 6th, 2013 at 10:22 am said:

Much better! Thanks for the screen shots. I like that it lists the game’s name when you roll the mouse over the image. Nice touch!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on October 6th, 2013 at 10:27 am said:

Glad you like it!

Cheers.

+ Goniloc on October 6th, 2013 at 10:32 am said:

Heavenly Guardian! Yes! Keep up the PS2 and PSOne ports, I love them!

+ Sgt_0951 on October 6th, 2013 at 10:33 am said:

Would love to get F1 2013, but there are other games I’ve needed to buy for a while already. 2k14, Madden 25, Grid 2, preordered GT6 on Amazon, and I still need to finish Diablo. One of these days……….

My roommate & I weren’t big fans of the Beyond demo. Game looks gorgeous graphically and I’m sure it will do very well, but that wasn’t enough for us to enjoy games like this & Heavy Rain.

+ Goniloc on October 6th, 2013 at 10:36 am said:

Please port the PS2 Nightmare before Christmas game next! I need some Halloween games!

+ LordHymn on October 6th, 2013 at 10:37 am said:

When will GTA 1 and 2 from PS1 be on the psn?

+ CarlosJoystiq on October 6th, 2013 at 10:37 am said:

Greetings, I’m planning to buy the infinite balls mode for Breakquest: Extra Evolution so I don’t have to worry about losing the balls, specially when I lend my game to my cousins. So here is the question: When the game starts it says that if the save data is deleted all your balls purchased will be lost, that would be the case with infinite balls mode too right? I mean, if I decide to delete the game then my purchase would be lost?
Thank you for your attention.

+ Shadow_Kamui on October 6th, 2013 at 10:42 am said:

Beyond: Two Souls, Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness and Malicious Rebirth OMG wath am gonna do. I need them all.

+ Ry-Dog on October 6th, 2013 at 10:44 am said:

can someone explain to me why Haunting Ground has not came out as a PS2 Classic yet.

+ xClayMeow on October 6th, 2013 at 10:46 am said:

Looking forward to trying Atomic Ninjas.

What’s up with Orc Attack? I thought it was coming to Vita too? Hell, it was leaked prematurely as Vita IGC before it got delayed.

+ DesertAss2in on October 6th, 2013 at 10:51 am said:

BEYOND! Two Souls looks awesome! BEYOND!

+ IzoGray on October 6th, 2013 at 11:07 am said:

That’s a pretty hefty drop.

BEYOND!

+ AmericanNinja1 on October 6th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

No PSN release for Beyond: Two Souls?

+ Stranger_Eddie on October 6th, 2013 at 11:21 am said:

This Drop is AMAZING for Vita owners! Good job! ;)

+ NeoMahi on October 6th, 2013 at 11:29 am said:

Man, that’s a lot for this week. You’re telling me then, that Ryan Clements hasn’t yet played Beyond: Two Souls? It seems that Ray played pretty much everything. Oh well. Yeah, its Beyond: Two Souls for me as well.

@ NJA Shadow – Eh… I wouldn’t go so far as to call it a “Game of the Year Contender”. I think it’ll be an amazing game but: BioShock Infinite, The Last of Us, Animal Crossing (3DS) which is unlikely to win but is still on there, and heaven forbid Grand Theft Auto V. So, there’s a lot going on and we still haven’t seen much of “Watch Dogs” yet. But I think it’ll come down to BioShock Infinite, The Last of Us, and Animal Crossing. That doesn’t really take away from how awesome Beyond: Two Souls will be though.

+ Rezolution77 on October 6th, 2013 at 11:30 am said:

Still dissapointed with the price on Lone Survivor.

Also, we definately need a fix on purchasing games in our IGC (example – Monster Tycoon).

Malicious Rebirth looks great, and happy to see the Vita has potential to revisit PS2 classics.

But we need more sales.

Enjoying Killzone Mercenary and Persona 4, catching the $10 credit.
*How do we get that sent to email, if we are without our PS3???*

+ deathuponhe52 on October 6th, 2013 at 11:40 am said:

Ok I Have a huge question I’ve been waiting for stuff to come out for the vita more features, games, apps, and the power of cross platform play and every drop I’ve been seeing doesn’t have that much for the vita and that makes me a little bit upset I’ve always been a sony fan from the first ps one with it’s grey textile color of a platform to the latest ps4 I have a psp,ps2,ps3,psvita and I’m planning on getting the ps4 but I would like to see more with the vita I like to have something that is portable even the chance to use the tag app whenever that is coming out in the us please sony I don’t want to see this platform die because It is an amazing platform and great games like uncharted golden abyss, gravity rush, kill zone mercenary, sound shapes, assassins creed 3 liberation, and more please let us see the true capabilities of the ps vita.

+ ein_nineteenth on October 6th, 2013 at 11:41 am said:

Is Capcom Essentials a joke?

Because I’m laughing pretty hard. Why would they package and in the case of Street Fighter, re-re-re-re-re-repackage a game they’ve already repackaged AND are planning on releasing an “Enhanced , please buy it again edition” in the coming months?

So-So week.

I honestly hope Beyond Two Souls actually has more than two english speaking voice actors. Cage’s games always seem to have native french speakers speaking a strained faux-english. Sort of like how Heavy Rain became instantly better if played in French.

+ Talesgirl016 on October 6th, 2013 at 11:47 am said:

Will, Beyond: Two Souls be on PS4?

+ Talesgirl016 on October 6th, 2013 at 11:48 am said:

is Beyond: Two Souls coming to PS4?

+ Talesgirl016 on October 6th, 2013 at 11:49 am said:

is Beyond: Two Souls Day 1 digital on Playstation store?

+ Talesgirl016 on October 6th, 2013 at 11:49 am said:

I Want Beyond: Two Souls on PS4 ):

+ jose90mp on October 6th, 2013 at 11:51 am said:

I like the new layout!

+ IIL0YDII on October 6th, 2013 at 11:56 am said:

No PS1 classics for Vita again.

+ jose213jose on October 6th, 2013 at 11:58 am said:

Beyond: Two Souls is going to rock i just hope it can be on the PS4 as well then PS3 alone.

+ tony2077 on October 6th, 2013 at 12:05 pm said:

so i take it beyond is disc only?

+ PainOfSarrow on October 6th, 2013 at 12:14 pm said:

big drop

+ Sarrop39 on October 6th, 2013 at 12:21 pm said:

Awesome, I’ve been waiting to play Disgaea D2 for months :D

+ andremal on October 6th, 2013 at 12:21 pm said:

Disgaea D2 will keep me busy right up to 11/15. So excited!

Btw.. Ryan, are you the same Clements that used to be “Beyond”?

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on October 7th, 2013 at 10:09 am said:

Yes I am. ^_^

+ ps_n_blog_ac on October 6th, 2013 at 12:32 pm said:

Cool :)

QUESTIONS

1) Are you guys going to release any new PSP games into the Vita library anytime soon? (i want to play obscure 2 and the silent hill games :3)

2) Are you guys going to release any free PSone games for PS+? (didn’t you guys do this before?)

3) Do you guys have anything planned for Halloween? (sale) *Please don’t release costume quest as one of them (you guys did this for like 2 years i believe…)

*recommended

*Siren blood curse (THIS GAME HASN”T GOTTEN A PRICE DROP FOR YEARS!)
*Deadly Premonition
*Doom 3 BFG
*Dead Space
*Bioshock
etc

Vita/PSP
*Corpse party
*Silent Hill BOM
etc

PSone
*RE
*Para-Eve

+ Isidrera on October 6th, 2013 at 12:41 pm said:

I have a few questions about ps plus after the ps4 launch:
1 – is there gonna be games on the IGC for ps4 in december already?
2 – can you put the ps4 games on your download list even if you dont ghave a ps4 and download it when you get one?
3 – Is the PS3 IGC gonna be smaler after the ps4 games coming in?
4 – How many games a month are there gonna be for PS4?
5 – How many games a month are there gonna be for PS3(after ps4 launch)?
6 – Is the PS4 gonna count to de 2 console maximun for account downloads(making it only piossible for you to download content on your PS3 and PS4)?
7 – Is PS4 IGC gonna have anual(like ps3′s Uncharted 3, XCOM, and LBPC) games or just the monthly games?
8 – is the PS3 anaual game collection going to be renewed in the folloing years?
9 – How long until PS3 IGC dissapears only leaving the vita and PS4?
I know those are a lot of questions, but I think I am not the only one with dose doubts.
Thanks

+ LazerLazaro on October 6th, 2013 at 1:12 pm said:

MALICIOUS REBIRTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ omegavitaminc on October 6th, 2013 at 1:12 pm said:

So what exactly will the prices of each of these items be? This information is nearly useless to me if it won’t even tell me the price.

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on October 6th, 2013 at 1:14 pm said:

How about Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops on Vita? Please?

+ Evil_Vladimyr on October 6th, 2013 at 1:27 pm said:

Very nice edition of the Drop. Love the new layout.

Lots of very cool games coming out this week as well, although I can’t wait to start playing Beyond, as the demo rocked!

PAGE 1 2