PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Dishonored Game of the Year Edition Hits PS3 Tomorrow

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar + Posted by Matt Grandstaff on Oct 07, 2013 // Global Community Lead, Bethesda Softworks

It’s hard to believe this week marks the one year anniversary of Dishonored’s release. it’s been rewarding to see so many people people “get” the game Arkane set out to develop. It’s wonderful and very humbling to see the game win numerous Game of the Year accolades (and be able to release a “Game of the Year Edition”), but there’s even more satisfaction in hearing fans embracing the fiction and emergent gameplay.

When Arkane was making the final push on finishing the game, their building excitement to see the game in the wild was palpable – like children on Christmas Eve. Visions of YouTube speedruns danced in their heads. They weren’t disappointed. Launch day and the months that followed provided endless entertainment – seeing the variety of ways players took on the role of Corvo – non-lethal playthroughs, absolutely brutal and literally unthinkable killer moves, and everything in between. Amazing cosplay, fan-fiction, and fan art embracing provided icing on the cake. You guys really like The Outsider.

What’s that? You haven’t played Dishonored yet? You missed all the DLC? Well, this week you can fix that and pick up the newly available Game of the Year Edition – available in stores and digitally on PlayStation Store. In addition to the award-winning original release, you’ll also receive:

The Knife of Dunwall

In The Knife of Dunwall, take on the role of Daud, the legendary assassin who killed the Empress. After assassinating the Empress, and forever changing the fate of Dunwall, you embark on a search for redemption. Gain access to Daud’s new weapons, gadgets and supernatural abilities as you traverse through parts of Dunwall yet unseen, including the city’s whaling center, Rothwild Slaughterhouse, and the heavily guarded Legal District.

The Brigmore Witches

Continue your journey as the legendary assassin, Daud, in The Brigmore Witches. This conclusion to Daud’s story will put you at odds with warring gang factions and the dangerous Brigmore witch coven. Journey through undiscovered locales within Dunwall, including Drapers Ward and the Brigmore Manor, where you will be met with supernatural forces that test the limits of your new weapons and abilities.

Dunwall City Trials

In Dunwall City Trials, experience Dishonored’s flexible combat system, stealth gameplay, and distinct settings in a whole new way as you make your way through 10 distinct maps that feature a variety of challenges. Put your stealth, combat and mobility skills to the test as you clear demanding objectives, unlock new achievements and secrets, and climb up the global online leaderboards.

Void Walker’s Arsenal

With the Void Walker’s Arsenal add-on pack, gain access to four content bundles previously available only through pre-ordering Dishonored. These bundles offer unique character bonuses, additional bone charm slots and more.

Whether it’s your first time playing the game, or you’re catching up on content you missed, we hope you enjoy all the contents included in the GOTY edition. Until next time!

+ x_Dark_Canuck_x on October 7th, 2013 at 7:09 am said:

Will this be a digital release or just disc based?

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar

+ Matt Grandstaff on October 7th, 2013 at 7:24 pm said:

Digital and disc based :)

+ Crazysoulman on October 7th, 2013 at 7:27 am said:

hey MATT? doyou know the price and it will be a digital release right?
also do us ps+ members get a discount? also what is the price?
and do we get any avtars? any thing also for the ps3?
need to know thanks! also great job on this, glad i waited for the game of the year edition!
cant wait to try this out now!

+ DJBennett1985 on October 7th, 2013 at 7:37 am said:

Will the knife of dunwall dlc still be unplayable despite months on the Bethesda support page with no response?

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar

+ Matt Grandstaff on October 7th, 2013 at 7:24 pm said:

It should be $39.99 :)

+ iREVOLTER on October 7th, 2013 at 7:38 am said:

Dishonored non-GOTY Edition coming to Free PS+ in next couple of months + DLC at discounted prices.

+ IzoGray on October 7th, 2013 at 7:46 am said:

I platinum’d Dishonored and have both of the Daud DLC. I love this series.

Here’s to hoping that this was successful enough for you guys to make a sequel to this universe. It’s too good to not immediately have more projects in the works with the Outsider.

Also, would it be too much to think about a possible Vita version of something in the Dishonored universe.

+ carlpain on October 7th, 2013 at 7:49 am said:

Dishonored will never be for “Free.” First they should have Fallout New Vegas. Glad that I got the game + DLCs for 15 bucks on Steam 3 months ago. Great game.

+ carlpain on October 7th, 2013 at 7:51 am said:

I’ll love a Dishonored 2. The story was great and the DLCs are worth every single penny you spend. I keep playing the game at least once per week. The graphics and the atmosphere are great.

+ Bad_Brains on October 7th, 2013 at 7:55 am said:

Such a great game! Beat it and currently playing the DLC on pc. Pick this one up if you haven’t already! Rich world, great painterly art style that any artists can appreciate, many ways to approach missions, the list goes on. Worth your time!

+ realnewyork718 on October 7th, 2013 at 8:24 am said:

I’ve platinum’d Dishonored a while back, but I haven’t played any of the DLC’s, so my progress is still on 64%. One day I plan on going back and playing them all to get that 100% completion.

Matt Grandstaff's Avatar

+ Matt Grandstaff on October 7th, 2013 at 7:25 pm said:

We think you’ll enjoy them. I thoroughly enjoyed both of Daud’s adventures (Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches).

+ Ryumoau on October 7th, 2013 at 8:44 am said:

I don’t really have interest in this game, but would love to hear some news on Fallout 4 soon. It feels like ages since Bethesda released Skyrim. I’m hoping Fallout 4 will be next gen, so they can hopefully do a better job with quality control and patching bugs more quickly.

+ Satnamji on October 7th, 2013 at 9:01 am said:

I’m glad I didn’t pick this game up yet. I wasn’t expecting a GOTY version, but it looks wrth the wait.

+ IrishDude2 on October 7th, 2013 at 9:28 am said:

I played this game when it came out. It was a nice game and everything in it was awesome. But there was one problem with it. It has always given me a headache! I don’t know why. I thought it was a great game and all but there was just something about it causing me to have a headache and then tiredness which no game does unless I overplay or just really tired.

+ saab01 on October 7th, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

Still haven’t gotten a chance to play this game since I am so low on cash. Hopefully I will get a chance soon.

+ tusunami on October 7th, 2013 at 11:27 am said:

For number 1 in the comment section, try reading the article this time. It tells you, PS4 day 1 shipping I’m out!!!!!!!!!!

+ Welmosca on October 7th, 2013 at 12:33 pm said:

Oh man…wish I hadn’t bought the DLCs…then I could sell my disc and then get the GOTY edition…oh well I dont regret buying all the DLCs….amazing truly incredible DLCs.If you guys ever make an Dishonored 2…I’ll support you guys again.Since its SP only…I’ll support with everything I can.Thanks for this amazing game Arkane.

+ Satnamji on October 7th, 2013 at 12:55 pm said:

@14: I had the same question (re: digital format) and read right over that in the article myself. Thanks for pointing it out.

+ boomstickbhg on October 7th, 2013 at 1:32 pm said:

I found this game to be fun and under rated.

That being said as great as I found the game to be, I have so far had zero interest in the DLC.

Now that the Core game is usually 20 or less in stores, hopefully this version is 30-40 max.

Then I can give my vanilla copy to a friend and grab this version for the DLC/replay the game.

+ Gamerzlimited on October 7th, 2013 at 1:47 pm said:

@Ryumoau If you posted, then you do care. Nobody cares about Fallout 4. Stop going off-topic.

+ Demonhunter84 on October 7th, 2013 at 6:58 pm said:

Got this for $20 a few months back on PSN, great game but haven’t put alot of hours into it. I kinda want to get the DLC or at least hope for a sale on it.

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on October 7th, 2013 at 10:14 pm said:

FALL OUT 3 ??????????????????????????????????????????????????? FOR THE PSN

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on October 7th, 2013 at 10:20 pm said:

Can you plz tell me if Fallout3 Game of the Year Edition. Coming for the psn any time soon?????

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on October 7th, 2013 at 10:23 pm said:

Dishonored 100% Good game I LOv3 iT

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on October 7th, 2013 at 10:25 pm said:

Fallout3GOTY

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on October 7th, 2013 at 10:29 pm said:

iLL pay $39.99 for fallout3 if you guys add it to the PSN store

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on October 7th, 2013 at 10:35 pm said:

@ Bethesda Softworks plz add fallout3

+ plaztiksyke on October 10th, 2013 at 9:21 am said:

Will be waiting for a GOTY edition on PS4 with better audio quality, or until the PS3 version is uber-cheap. I’m really looking forward to PS4-native versions of Fallout, Rage, and other great Bethesda titles.