PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PlayStation Plus: Shadow of the Colossus Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Oct 07, 2013 // Sr. Community Specialist

Those poor, poor Colossi. All they want is be left alone to wander majestically, but if you want to save your lady friend, you’re gonna have to bring them down. I know. Take a minute to prepare your mental state, and then make sure your hard drive is ready for this awesome game when it becomes free for PlayStation Plus members tomorrow. There are also discounts on some Activision titles including classic titles like Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon.

All of these PS Plus benefits will be available after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, 10/8.

PlayStation Plus Update 10-8-2013

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Shadow of the Colossus (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $19.99

Shadow of the Colossus
Experience a majestic journey through ancient lands, on a quest to bring a girl back to life. The only way to save her is to slay sixteen Colossi. Explore expansive landscapes and seek out each gigantic beast in its own natural habitat. Armed with only a sword, a bow, each Colossus presents a unique challenge to test your wits, determination, and skill. Shadow of the Colossus is an epic adventure on a scale unlike anything else. Experience one of the most highly acclaimed video games of all time.

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

Game Title PS+ Price Regular Price
Worms Crazy Golf $2.50 $9.99
Deadpool $39.59 $49.99
Fast & Furious: Showdown $19.99 $39.99
Angry Birds: Trilogy $20.99 $39.99
Angry Birds: Trilogy – Anger Management Pack $2.99 $4.99
Angry Birds: Trilogy – Fowl Tempered Pack $2.99 $4.99
Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse $29.99 $59.99
Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse – Peter Griffin’s Man Boob Mega Sweat Pack $2.99 $4.99
The Amazing Spider-Man $20.99 $39.99
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped $2.99 $5.99
CTR: Crash Team Racing $2.99 $5.99
Spyro: Year Of The Dragon $2.99 $5.99
Spyro: the Dragon $2.99 $5.99
Spyro 2: Ripto’s Rage! $2.99 $5.99

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

We’ll be back next week with more details on the game arriving to the Instant Game Collection as well as any other benefits we can share.

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure you leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

+ dh4645 on October 7th, 2013 at 9:17 am said:

does the ps4 really count towards the 2 consoles you can have active for gaming/ps+/ps store under 1 user ID?

i have 2 ps3s and am getting a ps4 next month. do i have to deactivate one of my ps3s?

+ PHEEliNUX on October 7th, 2013 at 9:21 am said:

I tried SotC before, I quit after 5 minutes, Those awkward controls and camera made it an unplayable experience for me

+ MatheusRuggeri on October 7th, 2013 at 9:22 am said:

Still waiting Crash on PS Vita.

+ greghove79 on October 7th, 2013 at 9:23 am said:

I hope SotC is better than Ico. Because that game didn’t move the needle for me at all. Terrible controls, annoying hand-holding sidekick, and a story that was muddled and unexciting.

On the other hand, really having fun with Kingdoms of Amalur. Nothing special in the graphics or story departments, but I find myself having a good time and playing it for hours on end. I enjoy all the loot.

+ Raat on October 7th, 2013 at 9:26 am said:

@52

I would try it again. The controls aren’t perfect, but once you master them, this game has more going for it than any. It takes a couple of hours and a few Colossi to get the hang of it, but once you do, you will be happy you did. The game becomes the greatest experience once you understand what the game is all about. Fortunately, and unfortunately, you are told very little….learning the game as you go adds to the experience. I don’t want to say anymore….it might ruin the full effect the game offers.

+ xCh0z3n-0n3x on October 7th, 2013 at 9:30 am said:

NICE! now i get to play Shadow since i never got around to play it back in the PS2 days…(i know i know i should not exist…lol)

+ goodSuM on October 7th, 2013 at 9:36 am said:

After all the X-Box sales, Tony Hawk is finally discounted here, but only for PS+. :(

+ Lefoul-123 on October 7th, 2013 at 9:36 am said:

I want my 5 dls, that you fooled me into giving you while you know this was going to be free.

+ blueshell99 on October 7th, 2013 at 9:40 am said:

do i get 10$ back if i bought a 50$ psn card and i used it to buy ps plus for 49.99$

+ Lefoul-123 on October 7th, 2013 at 9:41 am said:

Seriously I want my money back, no questions asked.

+ EFUS09 on October 7th, 2013 at 9:46 am said:

please sony and activision, make crash and spyro games playable on ps vita

+ Lefoul-123 on October 7th, 2013 at 9:47 am said:

You can send a code to my account.

+ theDunk80 on October 7th, 2013 at 9:57 am said:

Will Persona 4 Golden stay on sale at 19.99, or was that a permanent price drop?

+ Lefoul-123 on October 7th, 2013 at 10:08 am said:

We must unite and sue sony for scaming us like that. Selling us stuff that they know will be free, like those “discounts” whoever buy that will get it for free.

+ Mando44646 on October 7th, 2013 at 10:12 am said:

you call $20 for Angry Birds a ‘sale’? Maybe $5 at the highest would be a good price for that. Otherwise, way to fail.

Good game for Plus this week though! :)

+ m_Madruguinha08 on October 7th, 2013 at 10:12 am said:

URGENT IMPORTANT LIFE QUESTION:

When will Crash Bandicoot games be playable on PS Vita???

PLEASE SONY!

+ dydazzy on October 7th, 2013 at 10:18 am said:

I feel like this is a kick in the face for the people who have been asking for Crash Bandicoot and Spyro on the PS Vita every week. Instead it is offered for everyone else and discounted too. So for their sake please either put it on the Vita or give them a reasonable explanation as to why it is not on the Vita in North America. Thank you.

+ ChameleonX on October 7th, 2013 at 10:19 am said:

I already own the ICO/Shadow HD collection, so the IGC entry will just save me from using the disc. As for the discounts, there is nothing for me this week, so my wallet gets a break.

+ Hundredhandslap on October 7th, 2013 at 10:21 am said:

Funny how the EU PS+ offered the ICO/SotC Collection as 1 game and the cheapos on the NA PS+ team split them up and offered them up as 2 separate entries. In a nutshell, this proves the inferiority of the NA PS+. What’s next, Machinarium for PS4? More PSP games?? Lame

+ whatasandwich21 on October 7th, 2013 at 10:25 am said:

30$ for Family Guy:Back to the Multiverse how can i lose

+ akisuo on October 7th, 2013 at 10:26 am said:

Will be getting SotC for sure. Loved that game when it first came out. Ate a bunch of time overseas back then.

+ viceforce on October 7th, 2013 at 10:33 am said:

@ 47 To quote a certain person. WOULD YOU PLEASE SHUT THE HELL UP!?! Seriously stop it with the stupid wishlist. Sony or any plus member aren’t going to listen to you. All you’re doing is just annoying other bloggers on here. And portable ops will NEVER EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER be on the PS Store.

+ xClayMeow on October 7th, 2013 at 10:36 am said:

Almost a full year of Vita IGC and yet you guys still haven’t figured out we’d rather have Vita content weeks 2 and 4 (to spread it out) instead of weeks 3 and 4?

+ saab01 on October 7th, 2013 at 10:36 am said:

I hope next month we will see some stellar games added to the IGC I mean it is the month the PS4 releasing. Hopefully a nice treat will be given from Sony.

+ xClayMeow on October 7th, 2013 at 10:37 am said:

@Isidrera, I answered your questions in the last ps+ update thread you posted this in – stop spamming every blog post.

+ xClayMeow on October 7th, 2013 at 10:37 am said:

Do any of those Crash and Spyro games work on the Vita?

Also, we need new native Crash and Spyro games!

+ Shuttaman21 on October 7th, 2013 at 10:40 am said:

So what’s up with Spyro and Crash not playable on the vita yet?
I’d buy but they aren’t playable on the vita.
They are PS1 games yes?
They can be played on a PSP yes?
So why is it not playable on the vita!
What kind of sick joke is this huh???
Can we at least get an explanation!

+ tbx59 on October 7th, 2013 at 10:40 am said:

well, someone is going to be out 21 bucks tomorrow and starting to replay 2 of the great franchises – crash and spyro. But I have to start with CTR, absolutely love that game.

+ PhillyTheCat on October 7th, 2013 at 10:42 am said:

Crash Bandicoot is the only PS1 game of the 20+ that I own and is not downloadable or transferable to my White Delight Vita.
It’s kind of depressing really.
I’m hoping on the update tomorrow it reads: “Now playable on Vita”
That would be swell.

+ Todoh789 on October 7th, 2013 at 10:54 am said:

Kristine I hope you can answer these questions please-

1- Are the Crash and Spyro PSX games going to be Vita compatible any time soon? The games are Vita compatible on EU and even JPN PSN, yet anyone with a US account can’t play these classic platformers.

2- Any word on when Suikoden II and Mr. Driller will be released on US PSN?

3- Any chance for a sale on SNK games?

+ Welmosca on October 7th, 2013 at 10:57 am said:

Oh great week for those who never played Shadow…one of the best games ever.Since I already have Shadow I’m waiting for the next week to pick me some stuff…grabbed Kingdoms of Amalur last week…and damn what a huge download…took me a couple of days to download it but whatever I ain’t in a rush to play it….looks like the discounts will be for me this week..yay Crash…cant wait,missed them on Plus…wont miss them this time.

+ ThoasBrand on October 7th, 2013 at 11:04 am said:

Niceeee

+ HippeusOmega on October 7th, 2013 at 11:06 am said:

May give SoTC a try as I’ve not played it before. Wish I had more $ on hand cause I’d love the ps1 games that are discounted. Oh well.

Do you guys know if you’ll keep Instant Collection going with the PS4 requiring PSN for online play? Cause I think that has been the best feature of me moving to PS3.

+ taka3011 on October 7th, 2013 at 11:08 am said:

I want to see the PS2 Crash and Spyro games released on PSN, come on Activision!

+ Sarrop39 on October 7th, 2013 at 11:09 am said:

SOTC looks pretty nice, thanks.

+ redknight4 on October 7th, 2013 at 11:12 am said:

i’ve been a member of ps+ since it launched and love the main features it offers.

auto update: downloads and installs game update and only downloads firmware updates so they are ready to install. syncs trophy. auto uploads your saves you have set to auto upload to cloud save storage you just have to choose the time range you want it to run.

cloud save storage. separate storage for vita and ps3 also you can backup your saves and most copy protected saves.

free content and discounts
there are free and discounted avatars and ps3 themes
instant game collection broken down in to 3 parts weekly, monthly, & yearly
it used before ps3 disc titles where on psn it was only psn games.

other thoughts
something i might like to see in the future is people voting on what they want to see come to plus in free and discount form for featured games. it might bring in a little more community involvement and if you didn’t vote then your complaint isn’t really valid unless the item that shows up wasn’t on the vote list for that month.

+ Elvick_ on October 7th, 2013 at 11:23 am said:

FFS, add the remaining PSone and PSP games to the PS Vita storefront. (And any notable PS Minis that are missing to, but I don’t know if there are)

It’s been an unacceptable amount of time. Either get to it, or explain yourselves as to why you’re doing absolutely nothing at all with them.

+ Elvick_ on October 7th, 2013 at 11:24 am said:

@86: Popular vote is a horrible idea.

+ carlpain on October 7th, 2013 at 11:34 am said:

@72: He doesn’t bother me. At least he is not being a jerk…like certain person.

+ OtterX on October 7th, 2013 at 11:35 am said:

I already bought the Shadow of the Colossus digital copy during the sale a few months ago. Oh well, it’s an amazing game, I hope more people get introduced to the super talented team behind the Ico team. Even though I already own it, Playstation Plus is always more than worth the entry fee!

A side question: Any chance we’ll ever get an update that lets us play PS2 digital classics on the Vita? I would like to play San Andreas on the go!

+ RulitoCR on October 7th, 2013 at 11:47 am said:

CRASH!!!

+ tusunami on October 7th, 2013 at 11:47 am said:

Ah yes the Sotc game that I never did play & now my collection is complete. PS4 day 1 shipping I’m out!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ DiogoLouro on October 7th, 2013 at 11:49 am said:

Please make it possible to play Crash and Spyro on Vita!

+ e46drvr on October 7th, 2013 at 11:59 am said:

Where is this Poll you guys speak of and I always hear about? Thanks!

+ freshprincepbg on October 7th, 2013 at 12:15 pm said:

I will buy the Crash games, I wish they were playable on Vita though, another thing SCEE does way bette r than SCEA. How is it possible that this game playable on EU accounts and not NA accounts? Scea has a lot of improving to do.

+ GGCAN on October 7th, 2013 at 12:20 pm said:

Thanks for the heads up Kristine for Shadow of the Collosus.

Loved ICO previously and the patch that implements makes it playable via Remote Play on the Vita.

Have read that Shadow of the Collosus will do the same and can’t wait to play via remote play on my Vita.

+ IIL0YDII on October 7th, 2013 at 12:20 pm said:

Bring Crash and Spyro to Vita for f sake

+ The_Dukenator on October 7th, 2013 at 12:23 pm said:

@19 You can get it on disc cheap somewhere.

+ Kchow23 on October 7th, 2013 at 12:29 pm said:

Already own Shadow of the Colossus and not interested in any of the games in sale (which btw discounts are pretty minimal). I’m hopeful that next week will be Hotline Miami :)

+ Kchow23 on October 7th, 2013 at 12:35 pm said:

Probably not the place to ask, but will the PlayStation App feature the PS Blog?