PS4-Infamous

Assassin’s Creed IV: Aveline Exclusive to PlayStation, DLC Details

Gabriel Graziani's Avatar + Posted by Gabriel Graziani on Oct 08, 2013 // Community Developer, Ubisoft

We’ve got a bunch of Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag announcements for you this week, PlayStation Assassins! Let’s get right to it with the announcement of our single-player DLC: Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag: Freedom Cry.

Over the course of AC4, you will get to know the Jackdaw’s Quartermaster Adewale very well… but in the upcoming downloadable episode Freedom Cry, you will lead him from despair to victory! Captain Edward Kenway knows Adewale to be a trusty and capable deck officer, but what mysterious circumstances led him to the brash and brutal life of a pirate?

You’ll get a peek in AC4, but you’ll get the full story — along with what comes after — in Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag: Freedom Cry.

This forthcoming DLC episode in the saga of AC4 will deliver the following features:

• An Imposing Assassin: In addition to being an exceptional sailor and pirate, Adewale has become the master of several types of melee weaponry and commands the will to use them.
  • Fight Slavery in 18th Century Haiti: Journey to exotic Port au Prince and rebuild the Maroon resistance using skills honed by Assassin training and fueled by a hunger for justice.
  • All Fear Captain Adewale: Adewale commands the Experto Crede, a daunting brig you’ll be able to customize and strengthen into the terror of the slave trade in the Caribbean!

Purchase the Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag Season Pass and get Freedom Cry at no additional cost, as well as exclusive ship customisations for Edward Kenway’s Jackdaw, extra single-player missions, weapons, costumes and collectibles… not to mention new characters in AC4’s multiplayer.

Finally, we have a video highlighting the awesomeness of working with a great partner like PlayStation, particularly when it comes to creating exclusive content like the Aveline missions for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4! Watch AC4 Game Director Ashraf Ismail discuss the fruits of our close cooperation with PlayStation…

Aveline has quickly become a fan favorite, so we’re delighted to be able to bring more of her story exclusively to PlayStation consoles! For more screens, trailers and details, check out Assassin’s Creed IV on PlayStation.com.

23 Comments

+ JKar275 on October 8th, 2013 at 9:13 am said:

I’ll wait for the digital downloadable PS4 Ultimate Edition.

+ mrEkli on October 8th, 2013 at 9:18 am said:

I am glad to see Aveline return. Despite the framerate issues and some cutbacks on storytelling, I really enjoyed AC3: Liberation. I hope to see more interesting and diverse characters to be introduced in the series.

+ MoonsaultSlayer on October 8th, 2013 at 9:25 am said:

More Connor please! What are the chances of expanding on his story in the future? He was a great character in a game that people deemed flawed so they only saw the negatives. But I’d love to see his story and character grow from the naive pawn and homestead hero in AC3 to an anti-slavery, hypocrite hunting badass in a future title. We saw Altair’s and Ezio’s story conclude, don’t let the AC3 naysayers discourage you from wanting to tell or show more of his tale.

+ KazeEternal on October 8th, 2013 at 9:26 am said:

I’m getting AC4BF:LE for PS4, will we be able to get this with the season pass once we get access to it?

+ boomstickbhg on October 8th, 2013 at 9:34 am said:

Nice trailer, but then AC has always done very good trailers.

Even the mess that is AC3 had some great trailers.

Loved Ezio, but his tale got stale after Brotherhood.

Tried to like AC3, enjoyed playing as the British guy at the beginning, but couldn’t get past the middle of sequence 3 due to glitches and needlessly complicated controls/missions.

High hopes for this game, but I’m not buying AC games at full price ever again.

+ The_Cowboy_Poet on October 8th, 2013 at 9:38 am said:

I agree with MoonsaultSlayer, I’d love to see more Connor, either as DLC for AC4 or in his own game again. So seldom do we get to see strong Native American characters in gaming.

+ brr3gs on October 8th, 2013 at 9:39 am said:

I really want to see some multiplayer footage.

Loved AC3 mp, specially the domination mode. So complex and competitive.
Runs very nice too

+ djsaiyan on October 8th, 2013 at 9:51 am said:

Well, the AC3 season’s pass ended up being just about worth it, so….why not?

+ Figboy on October 8th, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

I love Aveline! Can’t wait to play her missions on the big screen!

+ GrayWolf323 on October 8th, 2013 at 10:40 am said:

will the season pass for the PS3 version carry over to the PS4 version?

+ avatarguy on October 8th, 2013 at 10:53 am said:

After Desmond’s death I don’t think I’ll ever buy a assassin’s creed game again!

+ PhoenixDowny on October 8th, 2013 at 11:24 am said:

Looks like I’m definitely going to picking this up for my brand new PS3. I’m already enjoying Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix. Assassin’s Creed III and AC III Liberation was amazing and now we’re pirates on the caribbean in AC4 Black Flag.

+ tusunami on October 8th, 2013 at 11:29 am said:

Seems cool never been into the online portions of this series. PS4 day 1 I’m out

+ reconAssassin92 on October 8th, 2013 at 11:42 am said:

Kratos, is that you? they sound really similar lol

+ Mando44646 on October 8th, 2013 at 11:48 am said:

not interested in the season pass if it includes multiplayer content. I guess I’ll just buy the single player DLC separately as they release

+ KrisButtar on October 8th, 2013 at 12:21 pm said:

Give some love to the Vita with a new AC game

+ Welmosca on October 8th, 2013 at 12:26 pm said:

OMG…Freedom Cry…this looks like the best DLC EVER….I love how AC always has side-story DLCs….consider Fredom Cry already bought….I probably wont be getting the season pass since you guys do mostly online stuff…and I have no interest on it but OMG…Freedom Cry got my excitement bar exploded into sky high altitudes.Adewale is freaking awesome…1st you guys make Aveline and now Adewale…I’m glad there is someone not neglecting black protagonists.

Cant wait to play with Aveline on AC4 as well…also I like this guy that is the director of AC4.He seems very passionate about it.

+ spyderock on October 8th, 2013 at 1:40 pm said:

Will the Season pass for ps3 work on ps4 also?

+ Doc_Tury on October 8th, 2013 at 1:57 pm said:

Hello guysL I Preordered the Gold Edition of AC IV! What do I get with the 79.99 that I paid? tHANKS

+ Ryusennin on October 8th, 2013 at 2:43 pm said:

I’m tired of hearing about the PS4, when the main sales for this game will come from the PS3. What about the technology? Are you actually proud of your current gen version? Because compared to the beautiful sea model in GTA 5, Black Flag will have a lot to answer for.

+ musicman1234 on October 23rd, 2013 at 9:03 pm said:

I still feel as If I am getting not much from pre ordering the gold edition from the PSN store. I read about preorders everywhere else from the UK etc…getting cool stuff and this preorder sounds….limp. Am I wrong?

+ EXQUISITEEMPRESS on November 4th, 2013 at 9:59 am said:

It’s official. I’m sticking with Playstation for Assassin’s Creed exclusives!!!