GTAV PS4

Malicious Rebirth Hits PS Vita Today

Dais Kawaguchi's Avatar + Posted by Dais Kawaguchi on Oct 08, 2013 // Associate Producer, SCEA

Heads up PS Vita owners: Malicious Rebirth will be available for download later today on PlayStation Store for $14.99!

Malicious Rebirth is a PS Vita action game in which the player inhabits a Spirit Vessel and controls the Mantle of Cinders in order to defeat the Malicious, the bringer of disaster to the world.

While Malicious Rebirth retains the short-burst gameplay and fantasy setting of the original PS3 game, it also boasts a new “Rebirth” chapter with new levels, new bosses and new moves. All the original game modes are also available, complete with the worldwide leaderboard.

Malicious Rebirth on PS Vita

We’re also releasing an exclusive Western Costume for $1.99 that will only be available in select SCEA territories. This costume will boost repair ability of the Spirit Vessel and improve sorcerous bullet power and repair speed.

We hope that you enjoy Malicious Rebirth, reborn for gaming on the go, out today on PlayStation Store!

+ Qu3st39 on October 8th, 2013 at 6:39 am said:

Tried to play this on PS3 originally and couldn’t figure out how to make any progress and why I was doing anything ;p

+ TheExiled12894 on October 8th, 2013 at 6:40 am said:

“We’re also releasing an exclusive Western Costume for $1.99 that will only be available in select SCEA territories. ”

Wow, nice! Please don’t make of territorial DLCs a trend though Sony….

Can’t wait to buy this! Is the actually game gonna be $10-15?

Dais Kawaguchi's Avatar

+ Dais Kawaguchi on October 8th, 2013 at 12:15 pm said:

Yes, it will be available for $14.99!!

+ punkmusic2009 on October 8th, 2013 at 6:49 am said:

while another crappy update no games for ps vita for plus you think at lease they balnce it 1 week ps3 2nd week ps vita 3rd week ps3 4th week ps vita but no 2 weeks in a row on ps3 I sold my ps3 long time ago since e3 because its old ps4 is coming out why give stuff on ps3 when it was said ps3 in a few yrs after the ps4 release sony will not be saporting ps3 anymore like ps2

+ ZELGADIZ-PLUS on October 8th, 2013 at 6:49 am said:

YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Malicious Rebirth Hits PS Vita Today

+ punkmusic2009 on October 8th, 2013 at 6:51 am said:

and why we don’t have Destiny of Spirits beta for ps vita and uk dose

+ Mando44646 on October 8th, 2013 at 6:53 am said:

Can anyone interpret what #3 said? Looks like a bunch of gibberish without any punctuation.

Will there be a demo of this? Its something I’d want to try before I buy since I heard very mixed things about it when it was offered on PS3′s PS+

+ punkmusic2009 on October 8th, 2013 at 6:53 am said:

eu has Destiny of Spirits beta and little big planent for ps vita free for plus its not fair they get better stuff

+ punkmusic2009 on October 8th, 2013 at 7:05 am said:

mando you clearly didn’t read the rules before coming in to chat Comments are the lifeblood of the PlayStation.Blog, and we encourage you to keep the conversation going in a relevant, constructive way. Remember: no swearing, fighting, or using the comments section of this blog to be “first!” Think about what you’re saying before you press “Submit.” If you’d like to talk about something off topic,

+ punkmusic2009 on October 8th, 2013 at 7:06 am said:

click here for our Forums, or here to submit a new idea

+ punkmusic2009 on October 8th, 2013 at 7:07 am said:

so please don’t be rude

+ TheExiled12894 on October 8th, 2013 at 7:12 am said:

@7

EU gets FAR less retail releases than NA. That is why there PS Plus offerings are always superior

+ Zionine on October 8th, 2013 at 7:32 am said:

@11-TheExiled12894

That… makes sense to an extent… But everytime we hear from the community managers, they state that the reason there’s far less Vita games on the IGC is because of the lack of them in general– Which would make your reasoning seem much more fishy.
LBP Vita would be nice in our IGC.. I need more people to co-op with on that game. I’ve already purchased it for around 10-15$ on a sale… so I’m fine with what PLUS has offered me in that respect. But more Vita games would be appreciated, even if they’re ones I already own, and especially if they have a co-op mode, since that means more of my friendslist would be willing to play it with me.

+ Zionine on October 8th, 2013 at 7:34 am said:

That said, the art style of this game reminds me of Journey, SotC, and gravity rush… definitely wanting to pick this up. 15$ isn’t bad.. I wish there were a platinum trophy to go after… but either way, I’ve been wanting an actiony-RPG type game to the tune of DmC, GoW, and Kingdom hearts.. This has a hint of dynasty warriors, it seems.. but I’ll dive into it. :)

Dais Kawaguchi's Avatar

+ Dais Kawaguchi on October 8th, 2013 at 12:37 pm said:

Hi Zionine,
    Thank you for supporting Malicious Rebirth! We hope you enjoy it!!

+ IIL0YDII on October 8th, 2013 at 7:40 am said:

My guess is framerate will drop alot.

+ Zionine on October 8th, 2013 at 7:42 am said:

Go look up gameplay videos, Lloyd. –since it’s been out in Japan for months, there’s quite a few.
It doesn’t seem to do any framerate drops whatsoever. I’m somewhat delightfully surprised.. Lots of ports end up being really crappy in the framerate department.

+ ossiecastro5 on October 8th, 2013 at 7:43 am said:

Wait, new levels AND dlc???

Do you think you can add this all for people who own the original Malicious? If not, do you think you can bring this over to the PS3?

I know this shows some great love for Vita users, the Vita does need more love But it feels as if the PS3 users are being left out from this game. On the PS3, people payed $10 – $15 for a 6 level game that can be done in a few hours. The Vita is getting more content for about the same price. But yes, it’s understandable as the Vita does need more love.

+ xClayMeow on October 8th, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

I’m almost certain we’ll get LBP Vita as IGC next month when the three AAA mainstays are cycled out.

That being said, this is not the post to be discussing IGC or PS+.

I never played Malicious, but for $15 I’m going to have to look into it – I thought it would be a AAA price.

+ TwinDad on October 8th, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

@punkmusic2009,

You’re talking about PS+ in a post that has nothing to do with that. You’re offtopic, and according to what you posted ” If you’d like to talk about something off topic, click here for our Forums”.

I could read what you said, Mando was a bit rude, but at the same time so were you. There was a PS+ post yesterday, and the store post today when updated, that is the correct place to put your concern about PlayStation Plus content.

+ PhoenixDowny on October 8th, 2013 at 8:53 am said:

Gosh, the PS3 get’s tons of love. Heck, you should be pleased at this. We’ve been crying for more PS Vita love and now it’s finally happening. Let’s show some real appreciation! I know I use my PS Vita a lot more than the PS Vita and I’m really happy and excited about this. I’m going to go buy Melicious Rebirth ASAP on the Vita.

I just hope that Ratchet and Clank Into The Nexus is released on the PS Vita without anymore framerate disappointments.

Dais Kawaguchi's Avatar

+ Dais Kawaguchi on October 8th, 2013 at 12:51 pm said:

Thanks!
    Malicious Rebirth is now up on the Store :)
    We hope you enjoy playing it on the PS Vita!

+ BlueBl1zzard on October 8th, 2013 at 9:18 am said:

Ooooo I didn’t see this one coming…. I checked this out when it came to PS+ for ps3 some time back and enjoyed what I played, so I’ll definitely give this a go : )

+ MaceX on October 8th, 2013 at 9:47 am said:

So excited this is releasing today! I S-Ranked both the JP and English Version of this game on PSN, and have been super excited for this to hit Vita.

+ jchill001 on October 8th, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

$14.99 has $9.23 left on card -__-

+ avluis on October 8th, 2013 at 10:11 am said:

Will be picking this gem up as soon as it updates, as long as my wallet does not run away!

+ veryhoudini11 on October 8th, 2013 at 10:57 am said:

i think this game would be pefect on my vita. have it for ps33, but never got much into the game. $15 is an awesome, and cheap price, even for a game like with this.

ps i dont hink mando was rude, punctuation is important, if you want to be coherent.. its rude to talk about PS+ instead this game.

+ ClawOfTheFallen on October 8th, 2013 at 11:21 am said:

AAAH! I’ve waited so long for this! \*0*/

+ PainOfSarrow on October 8th, 2013 at 11:34 am said:

ps vita ? so this will not be on ps3 ? wtf

+ tusunami on October 8th, 2013 at 12:04 pm said:

Yes another game for the PS Vita, I have to play the 1st game on my PS3 too, but this is very interesting indeed. PS4 day 1 I’m out

+ BlueBl1zzard on October 8th, 2013 at 12:09 pm said:

@PainofSarrow this game is already available for ps3

+ narutojak1 on October 8th, 2013 at 12:30 pm said:

IS there a Physical Copy of this game for the Vita, or is it just Digital Only?

Dais Kawaguchi's Avatar

+ Dais Kawaguchi on October 8th, 2013 at 12:58 pm said:

Malicious Rebirth will only be available on the PS Store as a digital download.
    Please find the game under New Releases!

+ Elvick_ on October 8th, 2013 at 12:46 pm said:

Finally. Not sure why both versions took so long to come out.

+ Welmosca on October 8th, 2013 at 12:56 pm said:

Still haven’t tried this game since I got it for free with Plus…but this is the 1st video I see from it and it looks very nice…I may get this on Vita as well.Thanks for bringing to it.

Dais Kawaguchi's Avatar

+ Dais Kawaguchi on October 8th, 2013 at 1:03 pm said:

Thanks for your comments!
    Please check it out when you get the chance :D

+ RHJR on October 8th, 2013 at 9:14 pm said:

I purchased Malicious Rebirth and am loving it so far! Great, challenging game. Not sure if this is the right place, but I do have an issue when loading the game. I get a C2-13688-6 error and the EULA doesn’t come up for me so I am unable to access the online challenges.

+ vazhar on October 9th, 2013 at 6:39 am said:

Any news on if there will be a demo for this game?

+ yan_WTF_BR on October 9th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

Any chance for a God Of War on ps vita ?A devil may cry 3,or street fighter for the vita? :)

+ EXQUISITEEMPRESS on November 2nd, 2013 at 6:30 pm said:

I’m looking forward to playing it ;)