PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Star Wars Pinball: Darth Vader Table Shows us the Dark Side of the Force

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar + Posted by Bobby Loertscher on Oct 09, 2013 // Community Manager, Zen Studios

Zen Studios pays tribute to the Dark Lord of the Sith in a special Darth Vader tribute pinball table, releasing next week on PlayStation Store for PS3 and PS Vita (cross buy) in the new Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force pack. You can download the tables in Zen Pinball 2, or in the standalone Star Wars game for $9.99.

Experience the power of the Dark Side as you flip your way through the biggest moments in Lord Vader’s life, packed with his most memorable quotes and scenes from the beloved Star Wars films.

Star Wars fans will be treated to an authentic Darth Vader experience, as the entire table lives and breathes a highly stylized Darth Vader atmosphere complete with iconic lines from the films and Darth Vader’s Meditation pod!

Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the ForceStar Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force

If you missed the posts talking about the other tables in the pack, check them out on PS.Blog: Star Wars: Epidsode VI – Return of the Jedi and Starfigher Assault.

See you on the leaderboards!

+ OleGunnar on October 9th, 2013 at 7:47 am said:

I know I’m a broken record on the issue, but please release the PS4 plans for Zen Pinball and the Star Wars tables.

I really can’t bring myself to buy this right now knowing/assuming that there is most likely a PS4 version coming in about a month. We need details to make an informed purchasing decision.

Thanks for the update on the Vader table and for engaging with the community here! Zen Pinball rocks! :)

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on October 9th, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

We’ll post the news about PS4 as soon as we can – though it will likely be closer to console launch.

+ PanTheMan16 on October 9th, 2013 at 7:48 am said:

This will be mine!

+ Bearded_Warrior on October 9th, 2013 at 9:06 am said:

You guys are starting to make epic look easy ;)

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on October 9th, 2013 at 9:12 am said:

Thanks! I am so proud of our team, I’m totally blown away by each new pack :)

+ Viewtiful_Josh on October 9th, 2013 at 9:08 am said:

These tables look so cool and fun! The game is already great on the PS3, but I’m going to wait till the PS4 (if they released there) to get these tables.

P.S. These tables make me want to go play Rogue Squadron!

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on October 9th, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

We definitely have plans for PS4 – stay tuned! :D

+ FreelanceSam on October 9th, 2013 at 9:47 am said:

Don’t take this the wrong way or anything, but the trailer barely showed anything worthwhile. Something’s wrong with a pinball game trailer shows more ‘cutscenes’ (in this case, animated characters moving around) and sound clips than actual pinball gameplay.

+ Bearded_Warrior on October 9th, 2013 at 9:53 am said:

@FreelanceSam

That’s true for a lot of games. And they have already streamed gameplay several times on twitchtv.

+ FearMonkey on October 9th, 2013 at 9:56 am said:

As a huge Star Wars fans of course I will have to buy these tables. I loved all three of the previous Star Wars tables so I will definitely grab these.

Also, with the timely release of Disgaea D2 this week, I must once again bring up how great it would be to have a Disgaea-themed table, dood. Thanks. ^_^

+ DaverJ on October 9th, 2013 at 10:16 am said:

The three new Star Wars table look awesome! Insta-buy – just like every other Zen Studios table. :)

Congrats to the dev team, and please keep ‘em coming!!!

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on October 9th, 2013 at 10:24 am said:

We definitely don’t have plans to stop anytime soon :D

+ waldowalso on October 9th, 2013 at 10:29 am said:

Looks great, I’ll be getting it for sure. Princess Leia needs her own table, don’t you agree Bobby? Any plans?

+ waldowalso on October 9th, 2013 at 10:32 am said:

Or how about a dual table with both Princess Leia and Padmé Amidala as the focus? Works for me.

+ TurismoM3 on October 9th, 2013 at 10:39 am said:

Shut up and take my money! I love your pinball games, I’ve got almost every table you have ever made. It’s perfect on the Vita.

+ XFRod on October 9th, 2013 at 11:08 am said:

I’m going to call it, right here. I have it on good authority (seriously, why would I lie to myself) that the tenth and, final Star Wars table will be…

An epic Han Solo / Howard the Duck crossover table.

Best selling table in Zen history. ’nuff said.

+ Rez33 on October 9th, 2013 at 1:16 pm said:

Looking forward to the new tables! Thanks for the update, Bobby.

+ SsJ_Naruto-Vash on October 9th, 2013 at 1:33 pm said:

Will it be available as a DLC for Zen Pinball 2, or only inside “StarWars Pinball”?

+ Vcheese on October 9th, 2013 at 3:01 pm said:

You look sexy in that picture Bobby!

+ SpooNManX on October 9th, 2013 at 4:22 pm said:

Looks great. Instant buy!

Any chance we can get some more pinball tables based on video games (like you guys have done with the wonderful Plants Vs. Zombies, or SF2, Ninja Gaiden)?

Here are a few games I’d love to see pinball tables made from. (Keeping in mind not to include any 1st party games; no Nintendo/Sony/MS)

1. METAL SLUG (This would be amazing!.. “RAWKET LAWNCHAIR!”
2. MEGA MAN (aw yeah!)
3. STRIDER (Always a good time for Strider)
4. RESIDENT EVIL (a nice moody table)
5. METAL GEAR SOLID

+ robertmc8 on October 9th, 2013 at 5:37 pm said:

I be buying both version on tablet and ps3 Question to you when will plants vs zombies coming to Tablet on Android?

+ tusunami on October 9th, 2013 at 7:25 pm said:

Ah yeah there is disturbance in the force, must get the tables!!!!!!!!!

+ Squirtbot on October 9th, 2013 at 10:49 pm said:

I’m in the same boat as @OleGunner, I’ve been buying Zen pinball a since zen arrived on PS3, but definitely am not interested in rebuking the entire catalogue or at least all these Star Wars tables again when the PS4 launches.

If they transfer, cool, just drop the info, but since your being secretive about it, I can only assume they do not, just like all other PS3 titles. So, as I am a Zen fan, I’ll be passing on this new pack.

+ SpooNManX on October 10th, 2013 at 7:26 pm said:

Well, Farsight announced a Cross-savings deal for owners of the PS3 Pinball Arcade tables wanting to buy the PS4 versions, but no details have yet emerged.

Something like this would be good for Zen as well. I don’t mind paying a bit more for their work on the improvements, but I’m still very happy with the PS3 versions for now.

+ BellVegas420 on October 11th, 2013 at 12:45 pm said:

I’m so stoked for these tables next week and I will DEFINITELY be picking them up. I’ve picked up every table to far for Zen Pinball 2, and it’s always the stand-by game I go back to between big titles. Awesome job guys!!! But will the PS3 game, and all my tables be transferable to my PS4 through my PSN account???

+ Stranger_Eddie on October 13th, 2013 at 9:51 am said: