Far Cry 4

Beyond: Two Souls European TV Spot

Ross Alexander's Avatar + Posted by Ross Alexander on Oct 11, 2013 // Product Manager, SCEE

With today’s release in the UK and Ireland, Beyond: Two Souls is available now all across Europe.

To celebrate the launch globally, today we’ve got the European TV ad to show you.

If you’ve already bought the game, we hope that you’re enjoying it — be sure to tell us what you think in the comments! Beyond: Two Souls is an undeniably unique experience, as was Heavy Rain before it, and we’ve seen that the game resonates differently with each person that plays it. So far, more than 16 critics have awarded Beyond: Two Souls a 90 or higher, including an Editor’s Choice award from GameSpot. Most reviewers lauded the game’s immersive story, performances, and presentation, but of course, not everyone agrees. The polarizing reviews highlight game’s ambitious goals, courtesy of the team at Quantic Dream.

If you’re still on the fence, download the demo from PlayStation Store now and decide for yourself!

+ Spores_ on October 11th, 2013 at 7:41 am said:

Any possibility this game will come to the PS4?
Just dont want to throw any money towards the PS3 (last gen console) but really want to play this game.

Ross Alexander's Avatar

+ Derek Osgood on October 11th, 2013 at 12:23 pm said:

There’s always a chance, but at this point we don’t have any confirmations of, or timings to share.

+ fede01_8 on October 11th, 2013 at 7:49 am said:

When is it coming on the PSN? you know digital is more benefitial for publishers since there’s no reselling. And considering how David Cage games are love it or hate it games B:2S is gonna be big on the used games market

Ross Alexander's Avatar

+ Derek Osgood on October 11th, 2013 at 12:24 pm said:

We still don’t have any confirmation of if/when it will be coming to PSN. It’s not really a matter of us not wanting to release it digitally (we would love to!), but more a matter of production feasibility. We’ll keep you updated when we know more though.

+ Seeing_Red_Again on October 11th, 2013 at 7:53 am said:

Why is there no US TV spot?

+ TomHoang on October 11th, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

I really do hope that everyone gives this game a chance. I was absolutely blown away by it.

+ Psikorps on October 11th, 2013 at 9:37 am said:

I had pre-ordered the Special Edition of Beyond Two Souls, finished it once already. It is now firmly in my top 5 PS3 games of all time, as well as my top 10 list of all games I have played in over three decades of gaming.

Now I greatly enjoyed Heavy Rain (also in my top 5 PS3/10 Ever lists), I have been using Ethan Mars as my PSN avatar ever since because of how well I connected with the character (as a father who would do anything for his son) it’s the closest representation of myself I could find of all avatars available.

Now Quantic Dream has raised the bar even further IMHO.

Beyond Two Souls, proves that David Cage is a Master storyteller, and that he has proven yet again, with the great teams at Quantic Dream and Sony, that a “video game” can be a fully rich, entertaining and emotional experience that goes further than you would think and (forgive the pun) Beyond.

I would also like to mention the free “Beyond Touch” app for Android/iOS devices, I was a little worried at first it might have been a tacky add-on, but it worked flawlessly, great for people with only one controller who would like to try Duo Mode..

Ross Alexander's Avatar

+ Derek Osgood on October 11th, 2013 at 12:26 pm said:

Thanks! We’re so glad you like it. There’s a lot of people out there who share your sentiment. It’s obviously not a game for everyone, but those people who enjoy strong storytelling in their games have really been blown away so far.

+ Xcaligamer1 on October 11th, 2013 at 9:38 am said:

loved the game for the most part. if you’ve been through certain things in life, some scenes are intense lol at least they were for me. people should def give this game a shot

+ TomHoang on October 11th, 2013 at 10:13 am said:

@Psikorps

Beautifully written. I agree with everything you said, but I would go even as far as to say this is might be my favorite game of all time. Anyone can check my PS3 trophy card to see all the amazing games I’ve played, and Beyond: Two Souls is now at the top of the list.

+ lthom789 on October 11th, 2013 at 10:48 am said:

This is a marvelous game and media experience !

+ Elvick_ on October 11th, 2013 at 11:42 am said:

Beat it yesterday, it’s fantastic.

I do think that the movements are often hard to determine, making controls a bit hard to do when attacking/defending/dodging. An option to add in button prompts would easily have fixed that problem. I personally like that they tried to get rid of prompts as much as possible for QTE, but until it’s perfect, you may as well put in the option.

Other than that, I loved the game.

+ pavlovic on October 11th, 2013 at 11:53 am said:

It is a great game. I think I’m getting close to the last quarter and I’m really enjoying it.

Way to go Quantinc Dreams and Sony. Keep pushing forward

+ Kchow23 on October 11th, 2013 at 12:14 pm said:

I haven’t beaten it yet, but I would encourage more people to play it specially if they enjoyed The Walking Dead and Heavy Rain. The QTEs are much better now and story so far is gripping.

+ Kchow23 on October 11th, 2013 at 12:20 pm said:

I hope that the folk at Quantic Dream aren’t discourage and keep moving forward. We need more games like this :)

Ross Alexander's Avatar

+ Derek Osgood on October 11th, 2013 at 12:27 pm said:

All of you fans’ incredible support helps make these kind of ambitious attempts possible! Thank you!

+ Welmosca on October 11th, 2013 at 12:33 pm said:

Yay this is great news Beyond needs lots of advertising…such incredible game cant slip by people eyes.And also you guys shouldn’t give attention to the stupid media….anyone with vision know that media hates Sony games….but we know we have the best games and Beyond is a proof of that like so many other PS exclusives….so listen to your fans Quantic Dream…you guys have talent and Beyond is phenomenal.

PS:I bet most people wont even realize this is a game….Quantic Dream you guys are too good…Beyond graphics are unbelievable.

+ tashpool on October 11th, 2013 at 12:58 pm said:

I like the spot, but it doesn’t do justice to the experience at all. You really need to dim the lights, get comfortable, and just let yourself become Jodie to begin to see what this is all about.

I haven’t finished Jodie’s adventure yet, but so far the two chapters “Homeless” and “Navajo” have been my favorites. This is mostly because of how much of a human element they present to you, if you would only listen.

Everyone over at Quantic Dream is doing a fantastic job and even though Beyond lacks some tension compared to Heavy Rain, so far well done. Seriously, well done!

+ PC-Max on October 11th, 2013 at 1:06 pm said:

Played through B2S once. I laughed, smiled and a bit of heart ache throughout. Whatever you take on the game or whatever your taste in games… this one was definitely one I needed to play and loved to the end. It was a journey, Jodies, and was definitely a ride to be able to shape her life as it went along.

There have only been two game really I can that I would give a 10/10 for experience. The first was The Last of Us from Naughty Dog. AND …. the second was Beyond Two Souls.

Thank you Mr. Cage towards another step in game evolution.

I bought the Signature edition which gave me the 4 Music Soundtracks from the game. The music certainly was great and set the tones in all the environments in the game.

My question is… is there or will there be a COMPLETE release of the soundtrack on the various digital venues out there? or are the 4 tracks… it?

Cheers!

+ jimmyfoxhound on October 11th, 2013 at 1:49 pm said:

I think I’m about 70-80% done with Beyond:TS and so far it’s been AMAZING. Just straight up amazing. I enjoyed Heavy Rain but Beyond has been leaps and bounds better. I’m so taken with Jodie and her journy and I’m really digging it. Props to QD & Cage for their vision with this game. It’s obviously got it’s detractors and there are a few flaws here and there but over all, I’m just hooked. When i start playing I don’t want it to end. AWESOME game!!

+ iREVOLTER on October 11th, 2013 at 1:49 pm said:

Since GoW:A is going digitally , is there a chance that BEYOND will be Digital as well ? Please, maybe ? =\ I would love to play this one but still waiting for that Digital Release!

Thank you in advance !

+ HankVenture5 on October 11th, 2013 at 3:02 pm said:

I love Ellen Page and she is amazing in this. Great game!

+ auron2 on October 11th, 2013 at 3:26 pm said:

Just as Heavy Rain, I had to finish this amazing game in one 10 hours sitting on launch day. God, what a great experience! :D

+ GABEv01 on October 11th, 2013 at 8:53 pm said:

I’ve been following Quantic Dream since Heavy Rain but I was blown away when they showed KARA. Beyond: Two Souls was that game experience I’ve been waiting for a while now. Then, I tried the Demo. Wow! Such a great experience! I was sold! Just like any other amazing game such as Journey and The Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls is unique and pushed the PS3 boundaries past any expectations. Once again, Sony, Thank You!

+ theSam-89 on October 12th, 2013 at 2:35 pm said:

Thank you so much for this experience. I hope you’ll keep putting out more great stuff like this for a long time.

I think I’m about three quarters of the way through this game now, and so far it’s one the the best things I’ve ever played. I dunno, maybe the best. When I’m at work, I can’t wait to get home and play it…it’s been so many years since a game has engaged me that much, if you can even call it a game. Some critics seem to be putting it down because it’s too movie-like and not enough like a game, but that seems like a pointless argument to me. Why should it matter what it is? All that matters is how much you enjoy the experience. In my opinion, this wouldn’t have been nearly as good if it were more like a traditional game, nor if it were a movie.

+ davishepard on October 12th, 2013 at 4:11 pm said:

I loved this game, as I thought I would. It was a great experience. Thanks for this wonderful game, Quantic Dream and Sony.

There’s only one thing that disappointed me: the lack of an option to hear the audio in Portuguese and read the subtitles in Portuguese, like it was possible in the demo. I can understand English just fine, but as I Brazilian, I would deeply enjoy to hear the game in my own language how it was intended to. Yet, I received the game with English and French language options only.

So I would like to ask if its possible to release the Portuguese audio and subtitles as DLC, in a similar way as it was done with Assassin’s Creed III. Myself and many Brazilians doesn’t have the possibility to go and exchange the game, due to boughting the copy on online stores. It would be perfect if both options, DLC and disc exchange, were given, really.

Thanks in advance for your attention.

+ fredy7535 on October 17th, 2013 at 6:05 am said:

First I would like to say Beyond Two Souls is one of the most amazing games that I’ve ever played, and I played a lot of games.
Don’t know if this will ever happen but, QuanticDream, I will buy the sequel of this game the day it gets announced in a hearbeat. Also i would like a port of this to the PS4!
This game melted my heart. Thank you David Cage and the people at QuanticDream!

+ claz-chin on October 18th, 2013 at 11:02 am said:

Just finished. I really loved the game, very immersive and the writing was just great.