Far Cry 4

The Amazing Spider-Man Swings to PS Vita

Bill Chinn's Avatar + Posted by Bill Chinn on Oct 11, 2013 // Executive Producer, Mercenary Technology

Look out!

With New York Comic Con just around the corner, I’m swinging by to let you know more about the upcoming PS Vita release of The Amazing Spider-Man from Activision, a hand-held version of the original PS3 title.

The Amazing Spider-Man on PS Vita

Click here to see the full gallery

For those of you new to the series, The Amazing Spider-Man takes place after the events of the movie and features a new, original story. It mixes all-out, freeform brawls and stealth-based, stalk-and-strike challenges with a fast-paced momentum that puts Spidey front and center in the action. If you caught the game when it first launched on PS3, you already know The Amazing Spider-Man gives you free roam and free reign over the isle of Manhattan, a bustling and beautiful open world teeming with sights to see, citizens to aid and colossal bosses to rip down.

The PS Vita release of The Amazing Spider-Man is a virtual playground in your pocket, maintaining that same spirit of the console edition while adding new energy through Vita’s special features. Tying it all together is the Web Rush system, slowing down time in a heartbeat and opening up a variety of superpowered combat and movement actions on-the-fly. That unparalleled sensation of soaring above New York, stringing up an unsuspecting thug with a Web Strike or somersaulting clear of an incoming attack feels even more natural now thanks to the responsive, touchscreen controls Vita brings to Web Rush, allowing for quick and precise decisions with the tap of a finger.

The Amazing Spider-Man on PS VitaThe Amazing Spider-Man on PS Vita

Peter Parker’s smartphone plays an integral part in how you interact with the city around you, and PS Vita’s unique form reinforces these elements. The pinch-and-zoom support afforded by Vita’s multi-touch capabilities makes navigation a breeze, allowing you to effortlessly drag around the mini-map, set waypoints and track your bearings, just like you would with a real smartphone’s map app. And Vita’s gyroscopic functionality lets you snap front-page photos by aiming the device like an actual camera, zooming in and out with a simple touch.

We’re thrilled to be able to deliver a modern Spidey experience to PS Vita owners. The Amazing Spider-Man comes out November 19th in North America for $39.99, and makes a great package for Spider-Fans on the move.

65 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ yazo27 on October 12th, 2013 at 9:38 am said:

will the game come to Europe on November 19 too?

+ myrulesmylife on October 12th, 2013 at 9:50 am said:

omg!!!!! first was da ps4 companion app on da next update den dis!!!!!!
wow im lovin my life rite now!!!!!
love u SONY!!!!

+ spidertour02 on October 12th, 2013 at 2:49 pm said:

It’s too pricey for a port of a year-and-a-half-old game, but it’s a good addition to the Vita library. I’ll wait for a sale or price cut, though.

+ berryedwin54 on October 12th, 2013 at 3:01 pm said:

since my ps3 there are now ps3 games coming to ps vita!? AWSOME

+ Warlord_GHE on October 12th, 2013 at 6:46 pm said:

I’ll wait for this to be on Ps+ when TAS 2 hits the Vita .

+ dkarlowicz10 on October 13th, 2013 at 6:39 am said:

I loved the PS3 version. I will be getting this one. Not many open world games on Vita, this will be great to play. Now what about Amazing Spiderman 2? It has been announced on all the systems except Vita. It was even announced for that other handheld.

+ Zonnex on October 13th, 2013 at 9:31 am said:

Seeing as Rockstar or Volition didn’t want to release a portable version of their great open world free roam games on the Vita, this will have to do. And quite surprising I might add. Looking forward to it.

+ danny3755 on October 13th, 2013 at 10:16 pm said:

Yer i must agree that the price of the game seeing as its been out a while on ps3 is a little high. If the game has added features or includes all dlc then i would really love to get it. But no doubt it will be on sale shortly so i think i will wait, But its really cool they are releasing this to ps vita.

+ Elvick_ on October 14th, 2013 at 1:03 am said:

So the sequel isn’t coming to PS Vita why?

+ N3TS– on October 14th, 2013 at 9:58 pm said:

I’m looking forward to this game. I didn’t really get the chance to play it on PS3, but I’m glad I’ve saved it for Vita.

+ N3TS– on October 14th, 2013 at 9:58 pm said:

I guess I can play this on Vita and Spidey 2 on PS4.

+ myrulesmylife on October 16th, 2013 at 9:09 am said:

hope they make the amazing spiderman 2 for ps vita too
one of my friends told me, dat mayb their checkin if da first 1 will sell well on the vita den dey mite make 2 one
MIGHT BE TRUE :/

+ myrulesmylife on October 18th, 2013 at 7:34 am said:

SO EXCITED!!!!!!
JUST 1 MORE MONTH!!
(3rd comment)

+ thebeast9638_741 on October 21st, 2013 at 4:00 pm said:

Oh,yeah here is something I can enjoy

+ realnewyork718 on October 22nd, 2013 at 7:55 am said:

The Amazing Spider- Man was a fun plat. If I had a PS Vita I would probably buy this and platinum it game again.

PAGE 1 2