PS4 - Transistor

Zen Pinball: Doctor Strange Table Coming in December

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar + Posted by Bobby Loertscher on Oct 12, 2013 // Community Manager, Zen Studios

Zen Pinball 2: Doctor Strange

Click here to see the full gallery

The greatest powers of the occult, both from our own world and the darkest dimensions in existence, are combining their forces to take over Earth. And only one man can stop them – Doctor Strange, the Sorcerer Supreme! With the help of the beautiful Clea and his faithful servant Wong, the Master of the Mystic Arts faces his greatest challenge ever in Doctor Strange pinball, the newest addition to the Marvel Pinball library.

Strange’s rival sorcerer Baron Mordo has called upon the demonic forces of the Dread Dormammu and the Fear Lord, Nightmare, all part of his plot to assume the mantle of Sorcerer Supreme for himself. Meanwhile, Shuma-Gorath, the Lord of Chaos, resides in the background with nefarious plans of his own…

Zen Pinball 2: Doctor StrangeZen Pinball 2: Doctor Strange

Numerous voiceover lines and situations were adapted straight from 50 years of Doctor Strange comic books for this table, including the classic first two issues of DOCTOR STRANGE, SORCERER SUPREME (1988), wherein Dormammu threatened our dimension by overtaking Strange in his own body. Only with carefully cast spells (i.e., deadeye shots from you, the player) does Strange hope to stand a chance against inconceivable odds.

Doctor Strange will be available for download in December 2013 for Zen Pinball 2 on PlayStation 3, PS Vita and Marvel Pinball on PlayStation 3 and PS Vita as cross buy content. Stay tuned for Zen Pinball 2 PS4 news!

+ AriesWarlock on October 12th, 2013 at 10:35 am said:

More Shuma-Gorath appearances, I approve!

+ XFRod on October 12th, 2013 at 10:36 am said:

Not as fabulous as a HOWARD THE DUCK table would have been but, still a day one purchase. Keep them coming, Zen. I’ll keep buying them.

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on October 12th, 2013 at 10:39 am said:

Thanks! I agree – a Howard table would be huge! Definitely one of our most requested (actually, demanded) tables :P

+ longevity on October 12th, 2013 at 12:27 pm said:

me too

casual pinball player (i.e. if i break into 50+ million it is a miracle) but I love ‘em

keep em coming and i’ll keep buying them

anytime completely customizable control schemes coming for ps3? This has kinda led to me playing the game on steam instead of ps3. Shame really.

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on October 12th, 2013 at 12:38 pm said:

Nothing planned as of now, but thanks for the suggestion :)

+ wtGp on October 12th, 2013 at 1:14 pm said:

arg you know my weakness to Pinball and Marvel comics. Looks like I will end up getting this too.
Keep those Marvel Pinball tables coming.

+ TeamGreen615 on October 12th, 2013 at 1:55 pm said:

This looks pretty good. You know what would be awesome? An Indian Jones table. Keep up the good work fellas!

+ TeamGreen615 on October 12th, 2013 at 1:58 pm said:

*Indiana Jones

+ shogun00 on October 12th, 2013 at 2:49 pm said:

Holy cow! The lighting and colors are really popping here.

+ xaos on October 12th, 2013 at 5:02 pm said:

Wow, the crimson bands of Cyttorak couldn’t hold me back :)

A well-timed NY Comic Con announcement; This board is definitely just what the Doctor ordered

+ Wompdevil on October 12th, 2013 at 8:13 pm said:

Dormammu does not approve of this! But I am going to get it anyways because I love these tables!

+ OGPodcast_iDB on October 12th, 2013 at 8:26 pm said:

C’mon PS3, you can pump out another 4 pack of tables. We need Deadpool, Howard the Duck, Spider-Ham, and Mavel Zombies tables.

+ PrimeroIncognito on October 13th, 2013 at 1:39 am said:

‘Bout time!

+ Stranger_Eddie on October 13th, 2013 at 9:50 am said:

Very nice! Bobby Loertscher!

….

Yesterday, I bought the Plants Vs Zombies table… And I have intention to buy all Zen Pinball tables.

Please… Create a promotion for PSN Plus members (20% off for all machines, and I promise to buy all immediatly) !

Love this game!

+ wtGp on October 13th, 2013 at 10:17 am said:

@10
I would love a Marvel Zombies table, that would be so awesome

+ Stranger_Eddie on October 13th, 2013 at 10:33 am said:

Shuma-Gorath is one of my favorites monsters! =D

+ Mando44646 on October 13th, 2013 at 1:07 pm said:

I love these tables and Zen in general. I’d love to have a Deadpool table, or Marvel Zombies would be my second choice. I hope both are under consideration!

+ tusunami on October 14th, 2013 at 11:27 am said:

This is a welcome edition indeed, it would be nice to see the Silver Surfer get his own table as well. PS4 day 1 shipping I’m out

+ saab01 on October 14th, 2013 at 12:14 pm said:

Looking Good Loooking good

+ Welmosca on October 14th, 2013 at 12:25 pm said:

Oh this table looks amazing…Dormammu for the win…I’ll be getting this table for sure.Also Shuma looks quite crazy there.

+ SergioCosmopolis on October 14th, 2013 at 12:48 pm said:

Looks awesome. Zen’s pinball games are some of my all-time favorite games. I just wish they’d concentrate more on fixing their games that are already out before asking us to pay for new tables. That said they’re nowhere near as bad as Farsight is with The Pinball Arcade.

+ boomstickbhg on October 14th, 2013 at 2:46 pm said:

Yay, wanted this table since you started making Marvel ones.

+ Vcheese on October 14th, 2013 at 3:23 pm said:

As always ZEN team is the best at pinball tables. I would like to see a Littlebigplanet or a God of war table to name a few. Could that ever be posible?

+ UnclePhil2K on October 15th, 2013 at 7:26 pm said:

Yes! YesyesyesyesyesYESSSSSSSSSS!!!!! Been waiting for news on this table for soooo long!!! Please tell me that we’ll see more Marvel tables after this? Pretty please? I’ll give ya a cookie! :)

+ UnclePhil2K on October 15th, 2013 at 7:37 pm said:

And yes…count me in as another voter for a Howard The Duck table!!! And a Guardians of the Galaxy table. and a Thanos tribute table. And More Marvel movie tables (Iron Man 3, Thor 2, etc.). and a “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” table (COULSON IS A DAMN, DIRTY SKRULL!!!)!!! And a DAZZLER table!!! (Mighty Marvel Disco Disco!!!) And a New Avengers table. And a Thunderbolts table. And a Superior Spider-Man table. Or a Spider-Man – Brand New Day table (beat Mephisto in a mini-game and STILL magically lose your marriage!!!) And a Heroes for Hire table. And an “All-New X-Men” table. And DON’T FORGET more ORIGINAL tables! (LOVE those!)

YOU SEE WHERE I’M GOING WITH ALL THIS, ZEN PEOPLE??? Just kidding….I loves your stuff. Now go feed my Pinball game addiction. Daddy needs his flipper fix. ;)

+ ngreatshark on October 15th, 2013 at 9:52 pm said:

Just got the Darkside Star Wars tables, & I just have to say they are AWESOME!! And seriously if its possible you have to play these Zen Pinball games at least once in 3d, they are amazing and use the 3d effect better than most other PS3 titles. Looking forward to DR. Strange, and many more Zen Tables in the future. Maybe even a Kickbeat Table? lol

+ NinjaMicWZ on October 29th, 2013 at 7:00 am said:

Awesome. Wish it was November, but December isn’t too far away either.