PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX Coming to PS3 in 2014

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar + Posted by Mat Kishimoto on Oct 14, 2013 // Associate Product Manager, Square Enix

Thanks to all of your support, Kingdom Hearts has sold more than 20 million units worldwide! In celebration of this, and with absolute pleasure, we’re proud to announce that Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX will launch globally in 2014!

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX is the follow-up compilation to Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX, and will be available exclusively on PS3. It will include the following goodies:

• Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix — previously on PS2 and exclusive to Japan
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix — previously on PSP and exclusive to Japan
  • Kingdom Hearts Re:coded (HD remastered cinematics)

I’m so excited to be able to see all of these games included as a part of this compilation, but personally, the most exciting title may be Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix. As many may not have been able to experience its awesomeness, it’s truly one of the more phenomenal games, and now completely rebuilt in HD — you’ll be able to play it on your big-screen TV for the first time.

Lastly, if you didn’t already pick it up, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX is available for purchase, now. You might even be able to find the super rare, limited edition that contains the artbook.

We truly hope you all enjoy this announcement… and if you want to talk Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX, or just anything Kingdom Hearts, leave us a comment.

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ Mister-Nep on October 14th, 2013 at 12:03 am said:

So Excited for this game. KH2 and Birth by Sleep were my favorite from the series

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on October 14th, 2013 at 12:15 am said:

I never finished the last campaign in BBS — now I’ll finally have my chance!

+ GaleGlory89 on October 14th, 2013 at 12:06 am said:

Is it world-wide release next year?

+ Elvick_ on October 14th, 2013 at 12:07 am said:

Heck yes. Day 1.

Curious how you’ll attach Dream Drop Distance to PlayStation in the future. It’s necessary for new fans to transition into KH3 after all. :|

Anyhoo, Please SE, retail PS Vita releases of FFX and FFX-2 HD Remastered. Please. That box art is beautiful. D: And I need retail.

+ GaleGlory89 on October 14th, 2013 at 12:07 am said:

Forget to read the whole article, excuse me.

+ MakoSOLIDER on October 14th, 2013 at 12:08 am said:

This announcement came earlier than I thought it would…

Awesome! Still need a way to play KH3D in HD though….

+ MakoSOLIDER on October 14th, 2013 at 12:09 am said:

If I may ask, will 2.5 be available digitally on PSN unlike KH 1.5? Or be playable through Gaikai?

+ jamaicandj on October 14th, 2013 at 12:09 am said:

LETS GOOOOOOOO we got KH 2.5 hd this is a good day for all kingdom hearts fans ;D i never played birth by sleep

+ FearMonkey on October 14th, 2013 at 12:10 am said:

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES !!!!

:D

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar

+ Mat Kishimoto on October 14th, 2013 at 12:56 am said:

Was that a “yes”?

+ Elvick_ on October 14th, 2013 at 12:11 am said:

Oh, if you do another art book LE, don’t make the artbook the game case. Please! that was really annoying.

+ Sparkz92 on October 14th, 2013 at 12:14 am said:

HYPED!! :D

+ icurafuse on October 14th, 2013 at 12:15 am said:

Thank-you for bringing this to the PS3. This looks really cool.

I’m looking forward to this and FFX HD on the Vita. The Kingdom Hearts games would do well on the Vita too. Oh and Final Fantasy Type-0 would be a hit here as well.

+ techkia on October 14th, 2013 at 12:15 am said:

No love for PS vita fans?

+ centricbyte on October 14th, 2013 at 12:17 am said:

“and will be available exclusively on PS3″
so a definite no for a possible PS4 or even vita release?

+ crimsonjazza on October 14th, 2013 at 12:18 am said:

too bad ill have my ps4 by then

+ pandakids09 on October 14th, 2013 at 12:20 am said:

Aww would have loved to seen KH BBS final mix in HD on the Vita :(

+ Chaos_Bladez on October 14th, 2013 at 12:22 am said:

I accidentally punched and broke my PSP back in the day so I never got to finish BBS. Maybe now I will…
Although I wish they were on PS4, Vita, or separate digital release on PS3.

+ bankaikiller on October 14th, 2013 at 12:25 am said:

Great choice on KIngdom Hearts 2 and Birth By Sleep final mixes but i think
Kingdom Hearts Re:coded (HD remastered cinematics) shouldn’t be included since it a recap game of the Kingdom hearts 1 which is a waste since Kingdom Hearts 3D would actually help fill the story between 2 and 3

+ PZDugna on October 14th, 2013 at 12:26 am said:

The Avatar you have Mat is what alot of fans have on their faces right now :D now there is no excuse to not be caught up on KH story minus Dream Drop Distance. Cannot wait to pick this up day 1

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar

+ Mat Kishimoto on October 14th, 2013 at 12:44 am said:

No excuses whatsoever!

+ x_PlaTtiNuM on October 14th, 2013 at 12:27 am said:

**** YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! I can’t wait for BBS I fully beat it got the secret ending too can’t wait to play it on ps3 :D

+ KingHulkio on October 14th, 2013 at 12:28 am said:

Hope they decide to put it on PS4 as well. Don’t have a PS3. :(

+ KrazE94 on October 14th, 2013 at 12:29 am said:

Please bring Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 into PSN. Come on now!

+ smoothprodMID on October 14th, 2013 at 12:30 am said:

dont worry. I bet by the time this game comes out. the ps4 ganki will be ready. I’m sure they understand that this is to big of a game to be just on the ps3

+ poodude on October 14th, 2013 at 12:30 am said:

Well, this is certainly some great early morning news.

Now give me a release date for Drakengard 3!

+ mr_senor8 on October 14th, 2013 at 12:32 am said:

there is just so much tears on my face and happiness in my heart

+ JediKnight647 on October 14th, 2013 at 12:34 am said:

What about Dream Drop Distance?

+ inuitadakimono on October 14th, 2013 at 12:35 am said:

Kind of disappointed not to see Re:coded gameplay, but at the same time too excited for KHII FM and BBS FM to care.

+ schmidt22 on October 14th, 2013 at 12:40 am said:

Not surprised, but SOOOO happy!!! I just wish Dream Drop Distance would be added too since that one seems more important than Re:coded tbh. I did play them all though :)

+ castielxfood on October 14th, 2013 at 12:40 am said:

here’s to hoping there’s gonna be another limited version and FINALLY some downloads like a ps3 theme!

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar

+ Mat Kishimoto on October 14th, 2013 at 12:57 am said:

There was a PS3 dynamic theme for KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX for everyone who preordered :)

+ squalle84 on October 14th, 2013 at 12:42 am said:

Thank you Square Enix for adding this to the PS3 as well! Thing is, Birth by Sleep was actually the installment of KH that got me interested in the series, after playing BbS I bought and played all the other entries, now eagerly waiting for KH3 :) Thank you, thank you!

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar

+ Mat Kishimoto on October 14th, 2013 at 1:09 am said:

Great to hear about KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep.

No….THANK YOU!

+ Gamerzlimited on October 14th, 2013 at 12:43 am said:

Great news! I haven’t bought 1.5 yet or played Birth by Sleep. Now I don’t have to buy the UMD just to play that game and wait until 2.5 comes out. I’ll buy both 1.5 and 2.5 on the day the 2nd one comes out so I can play the whole trilogy together.

+ Monterossa on October 14th, 2013 at 12:44 am said:

ahh… another Nomura’s games…

hey SE, please localize Final Fantasy Type-0 for the Vita or PS3.

+ Unlimax on October 14th, 2013 at 12:46 am said:

KH 3D Should have been on the list regardless if it was Nintendo exclusive or not , that game pretty much leads right into Kingdom Hearts 3 so why not Include it :\

+ D-Squad3 on October 14th, 2013 at 12:49 am said:

I guarantee you that ALL of these could’ve fit in ONE blu ray disc game but SE are greedy people so they instead separate them into 2 discs.

Speaking of greedy, when are you guys gonna sell Kingdom Hearts avatars?

+ DarkOne_PR on October 14th, 2013 at 12:49 am said:

OH GOD YES! Im playing KH1.5 right now and this is awesome sauce! thanks square Now 2 things left for u to do! KH3 ps4 exclusiveness and Bring Dream Drop Distance to the vita and ill die happy! no excuses!

+ CAPTN_MURRICA on October 14th, 2013 at 12:49 am said:

I hope this comes to Gaikai, or ported to PS4. :( Great game I’d love to grab.

+ D-Squad3 on October 14th, 2013 at 12:50 am said:

Continuing on greediness, why are these HD collections exclusive to PS3 but why isn’t KH3 exclusive to the PS4? Because SE is greedy?

+ TripleJ400 on October 14th, 2013 at 12:50 am said:

Is the game going to be released worldwide as in one release date?

+ amccuda on October 14th, 2013 at 12:51 am said:

Any chance of this being on PS4? considering probably a lot of people pre-ordered it….

+ danramarch on October 14th, 2013 at 12:55 am said:

Awesome news! I was really hoping it would come!

+ centricbyte on October 14th, 2013 at 12:55 am said:

@MakoSOLIDER @+ KrazE94

Iirc at the moment no Kingdom hearts will ever make it to PSN due to licensing issues with Disney.

+ xKeiyax on October 14th, 2013 at 12:56 am said:

Totally getting this. Is Square Enix gonna do a launch event like the one they had for KH1.5? I hope they do so, and I hope it’s at the Disneyland area again. It’s a done deal that these ges are awesome, so I hope you couple it with an equally awesome launch event.

+ Butters360 on October 14th, 2013 at 12:56 am said:

One word: Yes!

+ holdsworth89 on October 14th, 2013 at 12:58 am said:

This looks great :)

+ DarkOne_PR on October 14th, 2013 at 12:58 am said:

Dream Drop Distance on Vita so we can play the COMPLETE saga pls?

+ DarkOne_PR on October 14th, 2013 at 1:03 am said:

Ok i need to ask this! Will Birth by Sleep have Online for the Co-Op at least? PLS SAY YES!

+ icecoldgangstaa on October 14th, 2013 at 1:04 am said:

Square Enix. You guys are making me LOVE you again. Bought KH 1.5 on day one and have been playing the heck out of it. I already have FFX HD Remaster pre-ordered and plan on buying Drakengard 3 when it comes out in the US. Keep up the good work!!!

+ ShinTetsu on October 14th, 2013 at 1:06 am said:

Just relay one thing to the devs:

Please make the difficulty trophies stackable this time!

+ GreyFox_92 on October 14th, 2013 at 1:10 am said:

What about Dream Drop Distance? That’s fundamental, I think you should re-release it as well before KHIII!

+ x_PlaTtiNuM on October 14th, 2013 at 1:12 am said:

can you please put some kingdom hearts avatars? the fans have been asking for this for a while. puuurty please :D

+ S_on_ic on October 14th, 2013 at 1:15 am said:

@KingdomHearts 2.5 HD Remix developers
I want to congrats with your big success
I got 1 question if your in development of
Kingdom Hearts 3 and 2.5 remix I’m just
Wondering if your going to re-release
Dream Drop Distance for the PSN arcade
Title for around 19.99$ or 14.99$ do u
Know when we fans see it

PAGE 1 2 3 5