PS3-TLOU Left Behind

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX Coming to PS3 in 2014

Mat Kishimoto's Avatar + Posted by Mat Kishimoto on Oct 14, 2013 // Associate Product Manager, Square Enix

Thanks to all of your support, Kingdom Hearts has sold more than 20 million units worldwide! In celebration of this, and with absolute pleasure, we’re proud to announce that Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX will launch globally in 2014!

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX is the follow-up compilation to Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX, and will be available exclusively on PS3. It will include the following goodies:

• Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix — previously on PS2 and exclusive to Japan
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix — previously on PSP and exclusive to Japan
  • Kingdom Hearts Re:coded (HD remastered cinematics)

I’m so excited to be able to see all of these games included as a part of this compilation, but personally, the most exciting title may be Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix. As many may not have been able to experience its awesomeness, it’s truly one of the more phenomenal games, and now completely rebuilt in HD — you’ll be able to play it on your big-screen TV for the first time.

Lastly, if you didn’t already pick it up, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX is available for purchase, now. You might even be able to find the super rare, limited edition that contains the artbook.

We truly hope you all enjoy this announcement… and if you want to talk Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX, or just anything Kingdom Hearts, leave us a comment.

+ BlaqMagiq24 on October 14th, 2013 at 5:39 am said:

OMG YESSSSS!!! Thank you Square! I’m still playing thru 1.5 and I can’t wait to play KH2 and BBS for the first time. Please announce a release date and limited edition like 1.5 soon pls. Anyway Day One for me.

+ Thamauturge on October 14th, 2013 at 5:42 am said:

Square Enix, I BEG you. Do NOT take a whole year to localize the game. Especially if it comes out in Japan in March…

+ stlthriot on October 14th, 2013 at 5:47 am said:

I sure hope to see a digital release of both the new one and 1.5 HD! :)

+ naruto9876__ on October 14th, 2013 at 5:50 am said:

sweet I can’t wait for next year i never got to play birth by sleep so this would be a good time to try it out next year is going to be a good year

+ Tidusfanboy on October 14th, 2013 at 6:03 am said:

My favorite Kingdom Hearts game (Kingdom Hearts 2) will be available in Final Mix HD?! Take allllllllllll of my money. :)

+ hyper-shadow-0 on October 14th, 2013 at 6:07 am said:

I wonder if Birth by Sleep will online multiplayer…

+ Ryumoau on October 14th, 2013 at 6:11 am said:

i hope they release it digitally on psn, unlike the first 1.5 remix. my ps3 doesn’t read game disks anymore. :(

+ mudball2 on October 14th, 2013 at 6:22 am said:

Birth By Sleep is an amazing game. I hope that will be fully realized upon this release.

+ JENNY101282 on October 14th, 2013 at 6:36 am said:

YAY!! Excitement :D Oh I can’t wait~

+ Icestar10 on October 14th, 2013 at 6:37 am said:

This is cool, but I really would have preferred to have both 1.5 and 2.5 on the PS4 since Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming out on the PS4. That way we could have had all the Kingdom Hearts games on one console especially since not everyone owns a PS3. That would have made more sense to me. At the very least both 1.5 and 2.5 should be avaiable on Gaikai.

+ Mando44646 on October 14th, 2013 at 6:41 am said:

Im sad this is only on PS3 as I will have been using my PS4 for quite a while by the time this comes out. Square, can’t you also release a PS4 copy so I dont need to dust off my PS3 for a single game next year?

+ AlternateTri88 on October 14th, 2013 at 6:44 am said:

This news makes me feel a large amount of squeee! I think i may have to go to the hospital for a squeeectimy.

+ BkzUzi on October 14th, 2013 at 6:47 am said:

Day 1 for me.
I just hope this game is released earlier than 2015 in the West, and doesn’t take a year to localize. =P

+ Tidusfanboy on October 14th, 2013 at 6:56 am said:

@110 Its confirmed for 2014 worldwide. :)

+ Mind_Blower64 on October 14th, 2013 at 6:57 am said:

My life is complete

+ Gorvi on October 14th, 2013 at 6:58 am said:

The two best entries in the series, this is fantastic news. I’ve been wanting an excuse to play BBS again after I finished it last soon after it came out. :)

+ BkzUzi on October 14th, 2013 at 7:01 am said:

@111 Oh that’s great news then. :o

+ Zookey on October 14th, 2013 at 7:03 am said:

Any chance of a Vita or PS4 release?

+ Stranger_Eddie on October 14th, 2013 at 7:03 am said:

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix is the best!

And WE WANT A PS VITA VERSION!

+ Unclear_Motive on October 14th, 2013 at 7:13 am said:

I am so excited for this release! Mr. Mat Kishimoto, do you know if there will be a PS4 release? I would much rather play on my new hardware than on the PS3. Any information would be helpful…thanks!

+ Disneynut on October 14th, 2013 at 7:16 am said:

Really…again…..another game only cinematics..ugh. I want to PLAY these games on ps3, not have to resort to my only my DS.

+ kysbeth on October 14th, 2013 at 7:31 am said:

Now that Birth by Sleep, a psp game, has finally come to ps3 does this mean some of the other amazing psp games could come to ps3/ps4 in the future such as Dissidia 012.

+ afigueroa on October 14th, 2013 at 7:41 am said:

I guess I will have to buy this one since Square, Disney or Sony doesn’t want the kingdom heart series to be on the PSN. I haven’t played BBS since it’s not available for digital download.

+ ossiecastro5 on October 14th, 2013 at 7:42 am said:

Thank you! Thank you! THANK YOU! You don’t know how happy this made me. I’ve never had a chance to play KH2 or BBS (youtube helped me catch up) But now we can play it on the PS3! This is my most favorite series of all time! Heck, I’m not even going to get the PS4 until KH3 comes, unless you can make it on the PS3 too! :)

Also, when will there ever be KH avatars too? I know this is asking for a lot. But a lot of people would buy them!

+ xClayMeow on October 14th, 2013 at 7:45 am said:

Squenix, you need to bring 1.5 Remix to the Vita!!!!

+ a1_re4 on October 14th, 2013 at 7:48 am said:

Now if only Square would release an HD version of Dragon Quest VIII !!!!!

+ FearMonkey on October 14th, 2013 at 7:50 am said:

@Mat Kishimoto -

+ Kasaix on October 14th, 2013 at 7:51 am said:

Oh look at what I’m pre-ordering first chance I get. I bought the limited edition of KH 1.5 HD and was positively blown away by everything. My face hurt I was smiling so much. So thank you for the continued awesomeness! If shockwaves are detected when this is released, it will be the fans running to the store and running home to play this.

+ KeyBladeWeilder9 on October 14th, 2013 at 7:53 am said:

Congrats on the big hit! 20 million is quite a lot and now it’s pretty much a heavy hitter.

Definitely gonna get this Day 1, KH 2 is my favorite game of all time and BBS is the only game in the series I haven’t played. Will there be a bonus similar to 1.5?

+ TimeSkipLuffyUS on October 14th, 2013 at 7:55 am said:

I want a PS Vita version for KH 1.5 and 2.5 please :3

+ Otaku_Chibi_Chu on October 14th, 2013 at 8:01 am said:

Keep in Mind that Dream Drop is only VIDEO!!! Because that’s the same thing they did to KH 1.5.

+ Horofil on October 14th, 2013 at 8:02 am said:

I really want this collection for PS Vita!

+ bigdutch258 on October 14th, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

I knew this existed, but I didn’t know about the debut yet. I’m really excited for it. It makes me even more excited for Kingdom Hearts III. I’m just happy that Square is trying to release a new Kingdom Hearts game every year. I wanna play KHII and BBS Final Mix so badly XD

+ Set-Fire-2-Water on October 14th, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

Finally! I’ve been waiting my whole life for this moment! KH 2 final mix~

AND BBS! I haven’t even gotten the chance to play that yet! Fantastic!

+ somberfox on October 14th, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

Aww heck yeah
Now we just need a FF12 IZJS version HD remaster and that’ll be the last of all the final mix region exclusive nonsense…

+ Skaterboy422 on October 14th, 2013 at 8:23 am said:

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I finally just finished birth by sleep just to find this out. I’m so excited!

+ otaku_barto on October 14th, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

I’m so happy about this! Kingdom Heats 2 and BBS are my favorite in the series! Now to wait for KH 3!

+ Ziegler24xX on October 14th, 2013 at 8:32 am said:

I expected a longer wait for this, my body is so ready.

+ guitargodpadge on October 14th, 2013 at 8:32 am said:

I’m so excited for this. I went on a Kingdom hearts spree this summer and bought every Kingdom Hearts game and system that goes with it. I’ve been dedicated to the series since day one. I remember fighting Ansem like it was yesterday. Everything to this series is amazing, the graphics, the story, the soundtrack, the characters, just everything. I just recently beat Dream Drop Distance, boy was that an ending. Now I’m playing HD 1.5 Remix and started Kingdom Hearts Final Mix on proud mode. The fact that this is coming out now makes me feel all happy and excited inside. I’ll proudly pre-order this once it’s available.

+ Zionine on October 14th, 2013 at 8:35 am said:

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDD SO MANY SMILES ABOUT THIS.

+ Zionine on October 14th, 2013 at 8:36 am said:

Bring this on Vita!

+ StevenBezarius on October 14th, 2013 at 8:37 am said:

Please bring KH 1.5 and 2.5 to ps4 D:

I love this series more than any other game, and I’m not buying a ps3 with the ps4 just around the corner D:

Neverthless I’m really exited about the KH games coming back :D I still have the KH 1 and 2 in my bedroom ( even when I already sold the ps2, I just couln’t get rid of them, I love them so much! )

and just so you know, If you plan to bring them to Ps Vita or Ps4 you got a day 1 buy on me on both games ;)

+ Xirus10 on October 14th, 2013 at 8:43 am said:

Thank you so much for announcing this!! I never played Kingdom Hearts when I was a kid, but for some reason I picked up 1.5 recently and it has become my favorite game of all time! I am at the end of the first game now, and I ca’t wait for this II.5

+ sanVaN on October 14th, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

Um yeah so please never make KH3 PS4 Exclusive. That wouldn’t make nearly as much money if it were over that system and ps3 seeing as to how not everyone wants to port over to the PS4 just yet. But I’m loving the idea it’s coming so soon!

+ xXAceToshXx on October 14th, 2013 at 9:12 am said:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FINALLY MY WISH CAME TRUE THANK YOU SQUARE ENX and if you have a launch event please do one for Toronto Canada BUT WOOOOOOHOOOO I’m looking forward to playing kingdom hearts 2 final mix for the first time!!!!!!!!!

+ Icestar10 on October 14th, 2013 at 9:16 am said:

Square-Enix, can you please release a PS4 version of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 on the PS4? I really want to have them available on the PS4. :(

+ AgentPicka on October 14th, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

@ Mat Kishimoto
how does one get that awesome KH avatar your sporting. would love to have it.

+ mmitch079 on October 14th, 2013 at 9:25 am said:

That is fan-freakin-tastic.

+ DuoMaxwell007 on October 14th, 2013 at 9:28 am said:

yay cant wait to play bbs. I have on psp but cant play it cause the controls are horrible… the psp analog stick is hard to grip and you control the camera with the dpad which is on the same side as the analog meaning youd have to stop moving to rotate he camera which would mean enemies would have to practically stay still for you to fight them. itll be much easier on ps3… leys just hope its early 2014 and not the end of 2014

+ gokugt25 on October 14th, 2013 at 9:36 am said: