PS4-Watch_Dogs

LittleBigPlanet Update: New Arabic Costume Minipack DLC!

Steven Isbell's Avatar + Posted by Steven Isbell on Oct 14, 2013 // LittleBigPlanet Community Coordinator

LittleBigPlanet Update

It’s time for your weekly LittleBigPlanet Update, and we have a brand new DLC release and a fabulous collection of Team Picks for you to play. So let’s take a look at just what LittleBigPlanet and the community have been up to this week!

New Content

Arabic Costume Minipack Coming This Week!

LittleBigPlanet Update 10-14-2013

Sackboy is quite the globetrotter and is already accustomed to so many of the world’s people and cultures, and today we have something special for our ever-growing multi-cultural PlayStation community with this brand new Arabic Costume Minipack that adds a couple of new costumes to his ever-expanding collection of cultural wear.

In fact there are already so many countries and cultures represented in Sackboy’s wardrobe from the historic to the modern day that we would love to hear which your favorite outfits are so far and if there’s any other traditional cultural wear that you think should be represented in LittleBigPlanet. Be sure to mention them in the comments below.

We have a trio of great games to showcase in the LittleBigPlanet 2: Team Picks including a challenging retro space adventure in Astro Lander and a nail-biting survival challenge in Steamed. Both of these games are sure to keep you on your toes, so try to shoot for the high score in both of them!

Astro Lander
by ShadowFlareX

Casino Rush
by bigsurf77

Steamed
by cyclist67

You can find this level and oh so much more in the latest LittleBigPlanet 2: Team Picks!

We always love to see exciting new LittleBigPlanet levels, so if you have any great levels to share with the community or some stunning videos that show off your favorite levels and creations, then be sure to tweet them to us @LittleBigPlanet.

Come And Visit Us

LittleBigPlanet.com
Forums
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube

LittleBigPlanet Update 10-14-2013

19 Comments

+ MrBendel on October 14th, 2013 at 12:14 pm said:

cool

+ Icestar10 on October 14th, 2013 at 12:31 pm said:

Pretty coo! :D

+ Icestar10 on October 14th, 2013 at 12:47 pm said:

^Edit *pretty cool!*

The Arabic costume looks really nice. I love having more costume options! Thank you! :D

+ king_noah9 on October 14th, 2013 at 1:51 pm said:

This looks awesome, thanks for adding them will definitely pick em as soon as u release them.

+ Blood-Pudding on October 14th, 2013 at 2:25 pm said:

This is very cool. I hope you don’t retract it, as we’ve seen happen with this sort of thing elsewhere…..including in LittleBigPlanet (the soundtrack incident.)

+ redknight4 on October 14th, 2013 at 2:40 pm said:

I hope the Arab costume stays cuse it adds some interesting elements for costume design.

I would like to see a psn store release of the 7-11 promo slurpee pack for lbp2 that was done around the end of march during the 7-11 lpb2 launch promo. I still have the lbp2 slurpee machine insert board i got from them.

I would love to see some costume sets that represents royalty around the world throughout history.

+ Gamerzlimited on October 14th, 2013 at 2:43 pm said:

That Arabic costumes look great. Let’s hope if I buy them, I wouldn’t be forced to pay additional $0.99 if the Karting versions are released in the future.

+ ossiecastro5 on October 14th, 2013 at 4:18 pm said:

I wish there were Kingdom Hearts costumes.

+ XxSkullKIDXx79 on October 14th, 2013 at 5:19 pm said:

i would love to see an anime costume even if its just an anime boy and girl or a random anime character from tv

+ jak_d_ripr on October 14th, 2013 at 9:16 pm said:

@Blood-pudding:

I’m sure this won’t get redacted, the soundtrack incident was a different set of circumstances. The Qur’an is a holy book in Islamic religion and the recitation is not to be taken lightly, as such having it being recited in the background of a platformer was disrespectful. However simply putting arabic clothing in the game is not, particularly since it’s just arabic clothing that has no real religious ties or anything.

+ Blood-Pudding on October 14th, 2013 at 10:03 pm said:

@Jak_d_ripr Yeah, you make a good point. Still, there are two issues: One is the religious thing you mentioned that could offend Muslims, which I agree should not be the case here, but the other one is paranoid Americans not wanting their kids exposed to Arab/Islamic culture, and who complain to the point that MM/Sony caves and retracts it.

+ zombiemom on October 15th, 2013 at 7:30 am said:

Awesome to add more cultural diversity to the costumes. I really hope that you guys remember to include costumes for us sackgirls in there too, since many cultures have pretty clear distintions between what costumes are appropriate for which gender.

+ ExplodingMango94 on October 15th, 2013 at 10:44 am said:

lol, the arabic costumes came just in time for Eid-al-adiha :P

+ Welmosca on October 15th, 2013 at 11:16 am said:

Oh amazing….but I saw the arabic costume yesterday on the store….its already there…and its really cool….I’m getting it….I think my favorite is the Ninja costume from LBP 1 and I dunno what more you guys could bring to the LBP but I’m sure there are tons of historical costumes out there that can be brought to LBP world.

+ tusunami on October 15th, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

These updates are amazing, the LBP community are the best. PS4 day 1 shipping I’m out

+ TheJIDF on October 15th, 2013 at 11:43 am said:

Why no yarmulke dlc?

+ napkinmanhole94 on October 15th, 2013 at 12:05 pm said:

@tusunami

You keep saying that every week, no one here cares if your stepping out, so enjoy your shiny new PS4 and the mediocre games to go with it. I’m digging these new costumes, but can we get level kits, we get the same ol’ thing pretty much and some of of us want actually gameplay content.

LBP2 and PS3 forever. :)

+ Welmosca on October 15th, 2013 at 12:22 pm said:

@ 17 napkinmanhole94 – I agree 100% with you.LBP and PS3 forever.

+ KWT_Sam on October 15th, 2013 at 1:29 pm said:

The arabic costumes look amazing hehe :D thank you, today was the first day of Eid and i loved it :D

thank you again!