PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PS Plus: Poker Night 2 Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Oct 14, 2013 // Sr. Community Specialist

Poker is one of the world’s most popular card games, so chances are you already know the rules of Texas Hold ‘Em and Omaha, which are the two gameplay types in Poker Night 2. The twist in Telltale’s version is that your opponents are memorable characters from other video games and movies like Borderlands’ ever-lovable jack-ass robot Claptrap, Ash from Army of Darkness and doggy detective Sam from the Sam & Max series. Best of all, your dealer throughout the game is none other than Portal’s GLaDOS. This poker game provides all the foul-mouthed laughs your friends do, but you won’t lose all your hard earned cash.

All of these PS Plus benefits will be available after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, 10/15.

PlayStation Plus Update 10-15-2013

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Poker Night 2 (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $9.99

Poker Night 2
The chips are down and the ante is up in this sentence already bursting with poker clichés! Take the fifth seat in Poker Night 2, at a table featuring Claptrap (Borderlands 2), Brock Samson (The Venture Bros.), Ash (Army of Darkness) and Sam (Sam and Max series). Play to win unique skins and heads for Borderlands 2 and exclusive premium themes! Your dealer is GLaDOS (Portal), but at no point will you be considered as a candidate for a visit to Aperture Science’s Enrichment Center. Unless you lose.

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

Street Fighter X Tekken Additional Characters Pack (12 Chars) $6.99 $9.99
Street Fighter X Tekken SF/TK Swap Costume Complete Pack $6.29 $8.99
Street Fighter X Tekken Alternate Costume Complete Pack $6.29 $8.99
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix $6.29 $8.99
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition $10.49 $14.99
Super Street Fighter IV Super Complete Alternate Costume Pack $6.29 $8.99

We’re adding six new Ultimate Editions to PS Store, bundling some of the best PS3 games with all their DLC and offering them up at some sweet discounts starting tomorrow through October 21st.

Ultimate Editions

Game Title Normal Price PS Plus Price
Crysis 3 $44.99 $26.94
Dead Space 3 $78.99 $37.44
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist $69.99 $56.69
Resident Evil 6 $34.99 $19.59
Need for Speed Most Wanted $69.99 $36.74
Prototype 2 $49.99 $37.79

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

Leaving PlayStation Plus on 10/22

Instant Game Collection
Discounts

We’ll be back next week to add another title to the Instant Game Collection as well as any other benefits, like super sweet discounts.

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ Malkavilis on October 14th, 2013 at 8:02 am said:

Which three awesome AAA games VITA will receive in its first PS+ anniversary in november? Please Please Please! Make us proud of having a VITA and PS+!

+ eliseobeltran_us on October 14th, 2013 at 8:02 am said:

I might get ‘Remember Me’.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 14th, 2013 at 9:04 am said:

From what I played of it, I liked it quite a bit. takes place in an awesome setting with a neat twist on combat.

+ Gorvi on October 14th, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

I’m interested in Poker Night, and some of those sale prices are very, very tempting. Not a bad week. :)

+ TimeSkipLuffyUS on October 14th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

Remember Me… which is free for EU Ps+… might come later to NA PS+… now trying to sell it to get some money before giving it away for free soon maybe? ;D

+ akisuo on October 14th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

Wow, the discount for Remember Me is pretty good. Didn’t realize it’s already $20 on PSN.

+ IIL0YDII on October 14th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

Look at EU lineup for next month MGS Revengence(new game),Remember Me(new game),Oddworld Strangers Wrath, MotorStorm RC.

Guess what we get next month…

+ DJ_Tomato on October 14th, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

Nothing for Vita this week?

so nothing for me this week.

STEP IT UP KRIS

+ Ryumoau on October 14th, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

Poker? Yawn….

Not really interested in that sale either since Capcom games don’t interest me much. I wish there was an rpg (western or japanese) sale soon.

+ himynameism1kee on October 14th, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

Remember Me is free in Europe next week anyway and I have 2 PS+ accounts ;)

Okami would be a great buy if I didn’t already get it through the European PS+.

Dead Space 3 Ultimate edition is a good price, if there any word on whether Dead Space 3 will be discounted on its own? I’ve been wanting to buy it for ages

Great update with some great discounts

+ Fardeenah on October 14th, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

wished there was a better game or atleast vita owners would get something to play instead of waiting again

+ himynameism1kee on October 14th, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

Also why no discount on the new. DMC???????????????

+ RE_Player on October 14th, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

Finally going to buy Okami. Great price.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 14th, 2013 at 9:28 am said:

Great game, enjoy!

+ Ryumoau on October 14th, 2013 at 8:09 am said:

@9 where do you get psn cards for the EU store? Wish i knew since its obviously a better investment than NA plus has been the past couple months.

+ ArgyleMonkey on October 14th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

Awesome sale! Definitely picking up Okami & D&D, I’ve been waiting for those two to go on sale. Going to seriously think about Remember Me and SFxT as well. The Capcom Arcade Cabinet All-In – is that what it sounds like? All of the arcade games that were individually released for that pack? If so, that’s a buy as well.

+ SiriusCJS on October 14th, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

Poker Night 2… Metacritic score of 63. Nice, thanks.

EU promises their subscribers that the games will be at least a Metacritic score of 70 or above. Can’t you guys at least match that? You give us lines about how the publishers in different regions will only give so much, but at least match EU’s standard.

+ thebgj on October 14th, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

I dont like all the 100 dollar PSN free games we get, but i enjoy the PS+ service.

I LOVE the discounts

Does the Resident Evil Operation raccoon city come with the online part of it?

+ CraddaPoosta on October 14th, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

A $4.99 iPhone game is not a “value”. Please. Please. Stop with the indie games and shovelware. Please.

That aside, the discounts this week are FANTASTIC.

Why won’t you allow PS+ subscribers to purchase games that have previously been included in the IGC, though? I don’t plan to remain a subscriber forever, and I don’t want to be denied the opportunity to purchase a game that I KNOW I will want to keep forever, just because I am already paying you my subscription fee to have access to it.

You’ve already got my money for my PS+ subscription. Don’t you want MORE of my money?

I will definitely be purchasing both Bionic Commando games, the DMC HD collection, SFxT, and if you will allow me to, SSFIVAE.

+ thebgj on October 14th, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

i wish you can edit posts…i meant 10 dollar not 100

+ letmeseeurface on October 14th, 2013 at 8:13 am said:

A lot of the games on sale have been given away to EU ps plus IGC, just saying.

+ himynameism1kee on October 14th, 2013 at 8:13 am said:

@13 I’m British but now live in South America . I get a better connection through an American account so I figured it would be silly now to get Plus. There is a website I use called PCgamesupply where they sell all sorts of codes including PSN cards for Europe ;) it’s reliable, I’ve used it loads, I’ve only kept my European account for Plus since it is 100x better with the free games. Though the American account gets vastly superior discounts!

+ carlpain on October 14th, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

First time Sony beats Steam with the deals. Steam had 80% of these games on sale this weekend. Good job, guys. Too bad RE6 and the DLCs don’t have a discount. Sadly I can get SFIV because I already “own” it. You need to change that for the PS4.

+ IceColdKilla44 on October 14th, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

OKAMI HD’s finally going on SALE!!!! YESS!!!!

+ IceColdKilla44 on October 14th, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

^ *ahem* where are my manners? Thank you Sony/Capcom! :)

+ carlpain on October 14th, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

My bad. I didn’t see the Plus discount for RE6. I’m getting it.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on October 14th, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

There are some really compelling Plus discounts with this update. That DMC HD Collection calls to me.

+ himynameism1kee on October 14th, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

@13 the only problem with the site I posted is they charge an activation fee but it honestly isn’t too much, and it’s totally worth it for the European Plus

+ StingrayX on October 14th, 2013 at 8:16 am said:

Another great week and no complaints from me…yes!

+ passivefamiliar on October 14th, 2013 at 8:18 am said:

Ohhhhhhh!!!!1 Those sales…not bad deals there, enough totempt me. And while I’m at it, that spend 50 get 10 deal on top of it. Yeah, time to get the credit card back out.

excited for poker night 2, as well. Almost bought it before but was always to much for a poker game. Glad its free, wonder if it’ll ever get any dlc. Regardless. Looks like a good wholesome time killer.

+ mwatcher on October 14th, 2013 at 8:18 am said:

Never mind the free PS Plus game, the Capcom sale looks worth it!

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 14th, 2013 at 9:04 am said:

Glad you dig the sales =)

+ Alma_viva on October 14th, 2013 at 8:18 am said:

@13 you can buy them online on game.co.uk.

And in case you were wondering, you can play the EU PS+ games on your NA account if you want, you just need to make sure to buy any DLC on the original account.
Oh and you can’t use EU PS+ games on your NA account on your vita. I mean you could, but it’s too annoying to actually be worthwhile.

+ Ryumoau on October 14th, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

@20 thanks. The prices for the card are alot more expensive than i imagined but the end result is worth it compared to what i’m getting now.

+ himynameism1kee on October 14th, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

@29 yeah you have to basically reset your vita and reformat your memory cards. It kind of sucks but hey!! I just switched mine over again after me playing any of th euro games for 6 months and just downloaded about 15 games I’ve never played onto it.

+ Dangisuckatgamin on October 14th, 2013 at 8:22 am said:

Very mediocre sales, we’ve had sales on most of these titles more t han once now.
Glad to see Poker Nights though, didn’t want to pay for a SP poker game so glad we finally got that (Not to mention it’s got Claptrap! :))

+ thebgj on October 14th, 2013 at 8:27 am said:

RE 6 is not a great game and the DLC is not worth it…..just my opinion. They had RE6 discounts a couple months ago. I got all of it for less than 20 bucks.

+ ossiecastro5 on October 14th, 2013 at 8:27 am said:

Hmm, those Ultimate Edition discounts looks good. Thanks!

+ MatheusRuggeri on October 14th, 2013 at 8:29 am said:

Expend US$ 50, get US$ 10 still valid?

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on October 14th, 2013 at 9:00 am said:

Yep should still be on until 10/29

+ mettreidici on October 14th, 2013 at 8:29 am said:

Everyone hurry up and get your hands on Chronicles of Mystara! We need more players :D

+ Todoh789 on October 14th, 2013 at 8:32 am said:

Any PSP, Vita or PSX games going on sale this week? What about the Halloween sale, will it be this week or next week?

+ mwatcher on October 14th, 2013 at 8:35 am said:

Can’t believe this is gonna be my 3rd version of Okami, after both the PS2 and Wii versions LOL

+ TeamGreen615 on October 14th, 2013 at 8:36 am said:

Am I missing the Vita discounts?

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on October 14th, 2013 at 8:36 am said:

Sorry, I have to vote “nothing for me this week.” Here’s my IGC wishlist:

God of War (all games in the series)
Grand Theft Auto (all games in the series)
Guacamelee
LA Noire
The Last of Us
Max Payne 3
Metal Gear Rising
Metal Gear Solid HD (PS3), digital version of MGS4
Red Dead Redemption
Red Faction Guerrilla
Saints Row IV
Stealth Inc
Uncharted 1 & 2
Velocity Ultra

Also, could you please add Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops to the Vita store?

+ secularsage on October 14th, 2013 at 8:38 am said:

I’ve been waiting for a good sale to pair with the get $10 back from $50 promo, so this might be the one that gets me to finally spend something.

For those on the fence, the following are what I’d recommend as must-buy titles:
Okami HD
Bionic Command Rearmed (the first one — avoid the second one!)
D&D: Chronicles over Mystara
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD
Street Fighter III Third Strike
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition

Worthwhile, but not essential:
Street Fighter X Tekken (the disc-based game is often found under $10 used, so just buy that and get the DLC at the sale price.)
Devil May Cry HD Collection (good, but not great, port of the PS2 classics)
Capcom Arcade Cabinet All-in-One (Only for those who are truly nostalgic for the early Capcom arcade days)
Final Fight Double Impact (mainly for Magic Sword)

+ Spaghetti_tomato on October 14th, 2013 at 8:43 am said:

nothing for Vita???

+ greghove79 on October 14th, 2013 at 8:44 am said:

Oh, look, another throwaway game people will play for 20 minutes and then delete. Wish Plus would just stop with the garbage games the majority of subscribers have absolutely no interest in. There are lots of PSN games more deserving of our attention than this uninspired “card game with jokey dialogue.”. Still enjoying Kingdoms of Amalur, however. Cheers for that.

+ GameQuirks on October 14th, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

Okami HD and Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles Of Mystara for me :) Been waiting for these sales :)

+ zingakun on October 14th, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

Nice price on Okami, I’ll get this one this week!

Does Poker Night have a tutorial on Poker for those ones like me who never played it?

+ ASC2175 on October 14th, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

Oh goodie…Poker Night 2…see the reason most people will download this because you get content unlocks, the less notable ones, themes…the most notable ones, Borderlands 2 items. Seriously, you guys couldn’t get Borderlands 2 on IGC along with Poker Night 2?

+ jasonstreet on October 14th, 2013 at 8:56 am said:

I’m gonna try again but I am sure you wont be able to answer this due to rules and such. I am unable to get a ps4 at launch due to it being completely sold out in my area. All I want to know is will there be a way for those of us that are unable to move up at launch to be able to put things like drive club on our download list from the webstore so we dont miss out on it for when we are able to get a ps4? And also I see that its being said on the eu site that you are taking away one of the monthly ps3 titles starting next month is this true?

+ Mando44646 on October 14th, 2013 at 8:57 am said:

Remember Me for 14 bucks? Im all over that!

+ ryansvader on October 14th, 2013 at 9:00 am said:

I have $10 on my psn, and I’ve always wanted Okami, so I might as well get it.

+ KingTygerVII on October 14th, 2013 at 9:00 am said:

someone tell me if street fighter vs tekken is the vita version? cause big sale and only one vita game? draw slasher?…. sad

PAGE 1 2 3 5