PS4 - Transistor

Flower, flOw, Sound Shapes, Escape Plan Coming to PS4

Nathan Gary's Avatar + Posted by Nathan Gary on Oct 16, 2013 // Creative Director, External Development, Santa Monica Studio

Hey, this is Nathan Gary over at Sony Santa Monica with some great news for PlayStation fans. For years, the team here at Santa Monica Studio has been pushing the boundaries of gaming with small, innovative games. Now, some of our best titles are making the jump to new PlayStation platforms — including PS4.

As you may have heard, thatgamecompany’s Flower is coming to PS Vita. Today I am happy to officially announce that it is also coming to PS4 and that both versions will launch on November 15th. Now this beautiful, meditative game can be experienced at 1080p and 60fps.

Flower on PS4

Flower on PS4Flower on PS4

I’m also excited to tell you that Sound Shapes, the ground-breaking musical platformer from Queasy Games, will also be joining Flower in the PS4 launch line-up on November 15th.

Sound Shapes on PS4Sound Shapes on PS4

Flower isn’t the only thatgamecompany title making its way to new places. We are also bringing flOw to PS Vita and PS4. This is the first game TGC released — the one that started it all. It will release for both PS4 and PS Vita on November 29th.

Flow on PS4Flow on PS4

But wait, that’s not all. Escape Plan, the dark, funny PS Vita survival game from Fun Bits Interactive, will be making the jump to the big screen and will launch on PS4 on November 29th. We have spent a lot of time reworking the controls for DualShock 4, and we can’t wait for you to get your hands on it.

Escape Plan on PS4Escape Plan on PS4

Finally, these are all Cross-Buy games, meaning if you buy it once, you’ll be able to download it for free on any available system. Oh, and one more thing: if you have purchased these games previously on PlayStation Store, they will be available to you when they release on PS4 or PS Vita at no additional charge.

Enjoy!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ KidCommando on October 16th, 2013 at 2:31 pm said:

Retro-active Cross-buy is amazing!

How is it possible I now have a PS4 backlog before I even own the console.

30 more days!!

+ auron2 on October 16th, 2013 at 2:47 pm said:

Guys, this is amazing. I really need you to port Journey now :D

+ TheUndertaker85 on October 16th, 2013 at 3:04 pm said:

Great news that if you buy once you get it across all platforms. I’ve been asking about that since the official Flower Vita announcement. :)

Any news on the release date of that btw? I can’t wait to get my hands on it.

Plus yes, get Move and 3D support for Flower! The game would suit both very well I think.

Nathan Gary's Avatar

+ Eric Fong on October 16th, 2013 at 3:21 pm said:

Release dates are in the body of the blog post :)

+ ossiecastro5 on October 16th, 2013 at 3:08 pm said:

SANTA MONICA! Any updates on the patch for Playstation All Stars?

Please?

+ dydazzy on October 16th, 2013 at 3:11 pm said:

Thank you for the Vita Love! I have never played any of these games and I look forward to playing them in the future. I only own the Vita but I’m getting my daughter a PS3 for Christmas so it’s great to know we can both play these on our own platform. Thanks again.

+ Victoryismine52 on October 16th, 2013 at 3:32 pm said:

Seeing as I own these all this is awesome news!

+ race2winnet on October 16th, 2013 at 4:06 pm said:

This is amazing news! Thank you so much Sony!

I am really curious as to how Escape Plan will work on the PS4, I know it has the touch pad for all of the front gestures but I wonder how we will deal with the back pad and “pinch” inputs? Anyway, I look forward to playing it (and the others) again on the mighty PS4! Thanks again guys!

+ Seredays on October 16th, 2013 at 4:16 pm said:

You guys rule so much.

+ Erlaxis on October 16th, 2013 at 4:18 pm said:

So flOw and Flower… hmmm. Guess it’s only a matter of time before we get news on Journey. =)

+ ECisMe on October 16th, 2013 at 4:33 pm said:

I’ve been a Playstation fan for many years. It’s been my exclusive choice for home console since the PS1. As a longtime fan, I have to say that MORE OF THIS is needed to get me to jump to PS4 sooner. I love the look of the new console, but financially I could only make the jump with assurance that some sort of backward compatibility is in order (so I could sell my previous console toward the cost of a new one). MORE OF THIS, Sony, and I’d be ready to move forward with you.

+ xKOROSHIYAx on October 16th, 2013 at 4:37 pm said:

This is great news. I may have to play through Flower one more time on PS4. I REALLY hope Tokyo Jungle will receive the same treatment. I would love to be able to play it on my PS4 or Vita.

+ MrOlympiaSC on October 16th, 2013 at 5:00 pm said:

Not bad

+ ccanfield1 on October 16th, 2013 at 5:22 pm said:

Awesome !

+ tusunami on October 16th, 2013 at 7:04 pm said:

Well this is cool beans, out of the 4 games I have sounds & shapes but I will buy the others for sure. PS4 day 1 shipping I’m out

+ SeshiLord on October 16th, 2013 at 8:37 pm said:

I own all games, and that means great news for me!

I love your iniciative on cross-buy developing games. Nowadays there are many greedy companies that allow cross save, cross platform, whatever, but you have to buy the game twice. You’re doing someting awesome, and I wish were like you.

I mean, you’re investing resources on porting these games, and releasing them at no cost for costumers who supported you from before, and that’s someting admirable.

I’ll have to sell my Journey Collector’s, and buy them digitally, I loved the disc format but I want Flower and flOw on my Vita ASAP!!!

+ Vcheese on October 16th, 2013 at 11:42 pm said:

AWESOME!!!!!much respect to santa monica studios and sony and all the teams behind all this. im proud of you all, long live play!

+ avluis on October 16th, 2013 at 11:51 pm said:

Massive props to the people that made this happen. I cannot think of a better reason that I am behind Sony for the PS4, PSVita & PS3. And this shows exactly what I am talking about to my peers.
The amount of love for games and their customers just keeps me at your side.
Keep it up!

In the future, please look into getting Journey on that PS4 or PSVita, would love to revisit on my shiny new piece of gaming kit.

+ Kchow23 on October 17th, 2013 at 2:47 am said:

I would love to see Puppeteer on PS4 :)

+ LiquidSolid on October 17th, 2013 at 3:43 am said:

A couple of questions:
1) I assume Sound Shapes DLC will be cross-buy as well, just like it is on PS3/Vita?

2) How will saves work? Sound Shapes already has cloud saves so will they automatically work with the PS4 version or will they require a patch/starting from scratch? I assume we’ll definitely have to start from scratch with Escape Plan, flOw and Flower?

+ SpooNManX on October 17th, 2013 at 6:22 am said:

Glad to hear this. I really hope other publishers and games follow suit. I’d love to have my library of purchases on a single platform.

Sony really needs to make PS1/PS2 Classics available on the PS4 and I think they should all be Cross-Buy between the PS3/PS4/Vita. I’ve already bought them for the PS1 and again for the PS3.. I really can’t imagine I will be buying them again for a 3rd time.

Also, publishers.. PLEASE DON’T ABANDON STEREOSCOPIC 3D!! :)
When done properly (Super Stardust HD, WipeOut HD, Motorstorm Apocalypse) it’s an amazing experience.
Now with the lower of the PS4 it could finally give us 60fps/1080p 3D visuals.

+ magoo_1080p on October 17th, 2013 at 7:38 am said:

“+ Eric Fong on October 16th, 2013 at 12:23 pm said:

Sorry, this only applies to the digitial version of the game purchased through the PS Store. We really don’t have a way to determine what PSN accounts own physical copies of games :(”

This response disgusts me. So I don’t get the same cross-buy benefits due to the format I decided to make my purchase on. My money is worth the same as everyone else’s Sony. You shouldn’t offer a disc version of a game if you can’t support it equally. I have owned every PlayStation system since 1995 and I refuse to be screwed over like this. I will now cancel my PS4 pre-order due to this repulsive response. Go @#*! yourself Sony.

+ Leonam22 on October 17th, 2013 at 7:44 am said:

What the hell is this price of the ps4 in brazil?

+ SpooNManX on October 17th, 2013 at 8:02 am said:

@+ magoo_1080p:
How could they??

There is no way of telling if the person actually bought the disc is is just borrowing it from a friend or rental store.

+ Mwindaji on October 17th, 2013 at 11:58 am said:

Wow. This is so sweet. I own all three. Now on day 1 when I get my PS4 I’ll have a bunch of games to play for “free”.

+ Welmosca on October 17th, 2013 at 12:11 pm said:

Gotta question…I already own Flower…does that mean I will get the Vita version for free?….or I’ll have to buy it again to be able to get the Vita version with cross-buy?

Dont have time to read through all the comments so I dunno if this was answered already……sorry.

+ Welmosca on October 17th, 2013 at 12:13 pm said:

Ma bad lol…saw my question answered in the end of the post.

+ CellBit on October 17th, 2013 at 8:25 pm said:

This is awesome news! And I’m sure you guys will be bringing other PS3 classics to the PS4 in this fashion. In particular I’d like to see Super Stardust HD, PAIN, High Velocity Bowling, echochrome & echochrome ii, The Last Guy, WipEout HD + Fury, Fat Princess, Hustle Kings, Dead Nation, MotorStorm RC, Journey, The Unfinished Swan, and rain!

Oh, and PixelJunk! I’m talking Racers, Monsters, Eden, Shooter, SideScroller, and 4am! ;)

+ TonyTheDealer on October 18th, 2013 at 12:18 am said:

What a nice surprise :). And when is Journey coming to Vita & PS4? And since I bought Flower a couple years ago, I’ll have it on my Vita for free! Awesome!

+ sapient2007 on October 18th, 2013 at 12:23 pm said:

cross buy AWESOME

+ DeleyCuritiba on October 18th, 2013 at 5:27 pm said:

The price of the PS4 in Brazil is theft! What justifies the XBox One that is also imported to be cheaper than the PS4? Sony you are mercenaries!!

+ NeoMahi on October 18th, 2013 at 11:52 pm said:

I OWN ALL OF THEM! So to play them on the PS4 on Day 1 just gives me an even bigger game library on my PS4 at launch. Ya know, I’m just getting sick of waiting now! I just want November 15th to get here so I can get on with it. Thanks Sony for hooking up early adopters. Escape Plan is a great game!

Does this support cross-save as well for all of these to take on the go? I know Sound Shapes does but will flow, Flower, and Escape Plan?

+ ariezero on October 19th, 2013 at 1:39 pm said:

+ magoo_1080p

I have to agree with magoo_1080p, they should look for a way to try do it, it’s unfair for us who purchased the games in a physical copy. At least they could implement you can run the games in the PS4 if you purchased them digitally previously OR if the Journey Collector’s Edition disc is in and being read by the PS4, similar to how they plan to do it with the current gen/next-gen games. Hope someone at Sony reads this.

+ BBurgSteve on October 19th, 2013 at 3:22 pm said:

Unfortunately, as has already been pointed out, there is no way to know what PSN IDs actually own the disc version of the Journey CE. Even if you put the Journey CE disc in the PS4, there would be know way of Sony to know if you actually bought it, rented it or borrowed it from a friend.

As of right now, Flower is $6.99 and the FlOw bundle is $6.29 in the Playstation Store.

As for Journey… announce it for Vita/PS4 right NOW, and you will have an immediate sale of a PS Vita and two PS4s… ;)

+ ariezero on October 20th, 2013 at 1:52 pm said:

+ magoo_1080p
+ BBurgSteve

I’m sorry but I can’t yet see why you can not play the games if you have the Journey CE disc being read by the Ps4 every time you want to play the digital PS4 versions.

No matter if you bought it or rented it or if it was borrowed, isn’t this something it was supposed to be supported by Sony at first place?, being able to play used games?. If I borrow my Journey CE disc to a friend I don’t see why he couldn’t play the digital PS4 versions of the game while he has the disc. When he gives it back to me, he shouldn’t be able to play the digital versions, it’s that simple, I’m sure the PS4 and the PSN are robust enought to support a functionality such as that.

Unless there is another type of restriction which the systems depend strongly on which I ignore, I don’t see why they don’t try harder to achieve something like this.

+ ariezero on October 20th, 2013 at 1:58 pm said:

+ magoo_1080p
+ BBurgSteve

Sorry, I meant LEND a friend my Journey CE disc, excuse my bad grammar hehe.

+ ZildjianKX on October 30th, 2013 at 3:53 pm said:

Journey Collector’s Edition came with a redeemable DLC code for dynamic themes and avatars. Sony should just use that to determine if you get the PS4 versions or not. Of course, no one will listen to me…

+ EXQUISITEEMPRESS on November 1st, 2013 at 10:06 pm said:

‘Oh, and one more thing: if you have purchased these games previously on PlayStation Store, they will be available to you when they release on PS4 or PS Vita at no additional charge.’ I love you guys!!!

+ NO_FEAR on November 6th, 2013 at 11:26 am said:

cool beans…a good game is a good game forever.

#greatnessawaits