Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Oct 17

Oct 17

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Confirmed for PS4, Playable at Blizzcon

Lylirra's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, Diablo III

We’re excited to announce that Diablo III: Reaper of Souls on PS4 will be making its public debut at BlizzCon 2013!

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls on PS4

RSVP on Facebook here

In our action-packed single-player and same-screen co-op demos, players will explore the haunted streets of Westmarch as one of our five original classes, or test their mettle as the unyielding Crusader.

Attendees of the convention will also be some of the first in the world to take on Death itself using DualShock 4, armed with all-new social features and touchpad technology designed to help keep heroes on focused on what they do best: killing monsters.

Head on over to BlizzCon.com for panel schedules, event maps, hotel and travel information, forums, and more, and be sure to stay tuned to diablo3.com for all the latest news on Reaper of Souls.

For those of you who are BlizzCon-bound, we salute you! If you can’t make the show in person, be sure to check out the Virtual Ticket which includes over 60 hour of HD footage so you can catch all the new details on Reaper of Souls at BlizzCon from the comfort of your home.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Gorvi said:

October 17th, 12:18 pm

Will the PS4 version of Diablo III be an all in one package, the original game plus Reaper of Souls, or will they come out separately?

HappyPantsDance said:

October 17th, 12:21 pm

This makes me moist.

MattAces2 said:

October 17th, 12:23 pm

Seriously..? What about PS3, people who bought that game won’t get this DLC?
I thought Sony promised to support PS3 to 2015?

R3ddBuddah said:

October 17th, 12:23 pm

^weird …

@1 Very good question .. i too would like to know this!

Docimo said:

October 17th, 12:24 pm

Great! Just need a release date.

Craazy said:

October 17th, 12:25 pm

I was curious if the PS3 version would have the cross update/upgrade dealy-o?

Valde_zerocool said:

October 17th, 12:26 pm

I love Blizzard and Playstation! Reaper of Souls on PS4 will be the first game I line up for! Two years ago at the last Blizzcon I never would have thought of holding a dualshock 4 in 2013, such an exciting time.

andremal said:

October 17th, 12:26 pm

Yes! I got the PS3 Plat last week and am ready to do it all over again plus expansion!

KingXtreme81 said:

October 17th, 12:30 pm

Can we at least have a release season? A quarter? Some sort of window of time to look forward to?!?!

thebledkid22 said:

October 17th, 12:32 pm

I truly hope I can upgrade my PS3 copy that I got on PSN over to PS4. I love this game and would really like to play this DLC. Any word on upgrades?

Christian399 said:

October 17th, 12:32 pm

Lyria,

Could you please provide any information on the importing of a PS3 Diablo 3 save to the PS4 version? It should certainly be possible, especially with PS + and cloud saves. I stopped around Paragon 20 because I didn’t want to grind a whole new toon(s) and sets of gear if it was all for naught (as I plan on buying the PS4 version when it launches). Any information would be welcome.

Aaaand… I know some think it long in the tooth, but I’d resub to WoW in a heartbeat with controller support and a PS4 port! Food for thought! :)

All the best to you and the folks at Blizz.
– C

avatarguy said:

October 17th, 12:38 pm

No PS3 support ?

al-ihsan said:

October 17th, 12:40 pm

Thank God ive been waiting so long for this anouncementt!!!!!

AssaultMonkey150 said:

October 17th, 12:41 pm

If Blizzard doesn’t put this with PS4 on same disc at launch for 59.99 we’re gettign ripped off

The game will have been 3 years old by then, dont nickle and dime us

loganwolf13 said:

October 17th, 12:54 pm

Will this be out near launch of the ps4 ? because I was going to hold out until second son released, but if this comes out at release than I will get ps4 day 1

Xnetium said:

October 17th, 12:58 pm

Release date should be nice at least for the D3 release or it is gonna be packed in one…

Mando44646 said:

October 17th, 12:59 pm

…so will this also include the base game as well on PS4? While we’re at it, why don’t you give a release date for the PS4 version?

PSN_Tokeio said:

October 17th, 1:12 pm

Wow, wow! So exciting! Glad to see we’re getting expansion news so early for console. Even though it’s PS4 only, right now, this is great, great news.

Hopefully we’ll get to hear more news about current gen consoles soon. I’d love to see the expansion hit all consoles ;)

MisterAxle said:

October 17th, 1:15 pm

I hope this means PS3 players will be able to transfer their characters to PS4 and into the expansion.

XeahuleXolic said:

October 17th, 1:49 pm

I agree I hope the ps3 character can transfer to ps4, or maybe some kind of cross buy or save feature for this game. I am very glad to hear this awesome news but some more info would be very nice :D like is this a cross buy game (we all hope) or a price.

KingGuy420 said:

October 17th, 1:51 pm

God I hope this comes to PS3, it’s only reason I even bought the game.

lisatsunami said:

October 17th, 2:26 pm

Will be getting this for PS4…whenever.

sesyjon said:

October 17th, 2:28 pm

Do diablo 3 have upgrade program?

MyrequeArk said:

October 17th, 2:56 pm

This better come to PS3 as well, or it’ll be a slap in the face for the people who bought it on launch like myself and many others.

boomstickbhg said:

October 17th, 3:18 pm

Darn no mention of a PS3 release, now I’m regretting getting the PS3 version, if it won’t be supported.

Hopefully this is just a ps4 hype article and the ps3 still gets the DLC.

ROBERTGUARANTE said:

October 17th, 3:19 pm

I just wish this was a launch title so i could spend my money left over from my paid off watch dogs PS4 game on it!! I cant wait to get my hands on this for my PS4 . When are we going to get a release or atleast be able to preorder this ? Youd think it be ready for launch sinse its playbale now?? You know its ready, but they just wait till December to release it now sinse nothings coming out for ps4 in December . Just November than nothing till late FEB OR MARCH :(

Ethereal said:

October 17th, 3:37 pm

Sweet! Was waiting to hear if this expansion was going to make it to the PS4. Ill skip the PS3 version and wait.

TheL0ken said:

October 17th, 3:57 pm

I, like many others, also really hope that there will be an upgrade version for people who bought the PS3 version. It would suck to be punished for getting the game early. Actually I won’t be getting it on PS4 if there isn’t an upgrade version so if Blizzard was smart and wanted an extra $20 bucks out of me, and probably many others, then they would create an upgrade version. Great game though

Yanorath said:

October 17th, 4:21 pm

i just hope there will be the expansion on the ps3 too @__@ otherwise i won’t be buying it on ps4 again(whenever i decide to buy it)

D-Squad3 said:

October 17th, 4:27 pm

Release date?

honkayjeezus said:

October 17th, 4:28 pm

I would rather see a comment on the impending Driveclub delay.

The longer Sony gives no response the longer it seems likely.

Ryumoau said:

October 17th, 5:44 pm

Two questions: first, will this expansion be released on ps3 as well?

And second, will people who purchased the ps3 version be given a substantial discount on the ps4 version?

I bought the psn version, so it shouldn’t be hard for you to check my purchase record and discount the digital ps4 version.

CommandingTiger said:

October 17th, 5:56 pm

Make sure the PS4 has no video freezing nor heating issues.
I want the PS4 to suceed, don’t disapoint your fans.
If you have to add 4Gb or more of DDR3 of RAM above the 8GDDR5, do it.
This should stablelize the PS4 and avoid video screening.
DDR3 excells in Micro data and GDDR5 excells in Macro data, having both makes it much better.

tusunami said:

October 17th, 6:09 pm

So from what I’m reading this is only a single player expansion? well I will get diablo 3 on the PS4 of course. PS4 day 1 shipping I’m out

ArchAngelMai said:

October 17th, 6:51 pm

Stop calling it DLC, it is not DLC. It is an expansion pack, or have you forgotten what that is?

ArchAngelMai said:

October 17th, 6:56 pm

@33
You know absolutely nothing about computer infrastructure. You can not mix GDDR5 and DDR3, they are completely separate things. One includes video ram as well, the other does not.

PDtheCat said:

October 17th, 7:37 pm

What about PS3? I hope the PS3 players can also get this DLC.

KrelPSXLive said:

October 17th, 8:35 pm

I bought Diablo 3 on PS3 and will buy it again on PS4 ! Despite all the hate, I LOVE this game.

TO_PROFESIONAL said:

October 17th, 11:00 pm

i will be getting this when the actual game be released for ps4 cant wait

jimfear said:

October 17th, 11:37 pm

@ MattAces2 ; Your comment doesnt make any sense. This game isnt a game from sony so … they have nothing to say if activision/blizzard decide to make the game only for ps4

DexusXL said:

October 18th, 3:47 am

For all those complaining that Sony isn’t supporting PS3 through 2015, or how this should be DLC… take these into consideration.

1) This is Blizzard making the game, not Sony. And just because it will be shown on PS4 doesn’t mean it won’t come to PS3. In fact, this will be the first (?) PS4 gameplay of Diablo 3. Maybe even first nextgen gameplay.

2) The expansion won’t be free, and most likely will not be DLC. Having being a varied PC gamer, expansions from blizzard usually range from 4GB to 10GB. The bigger being WoW. DLC usually comes through at most 2gb?

3) Stop thinking Sony and the Playstation brand owes you the world. This is their business, not yours. Leave it to the professionals as i’m sure they have reasons to do something, and yes it most likely is for money. That is just how it works.

OmenX2 said:

October 18th, 5:54 am

I can’t wait….

Banana-Poo said:

October 18th, 6:33 am

Diablo III is awesome but bring us HEARTHSTONE Heroes of Warcraft….

Please of please oh please…

Notserp2814 said:

October 18th, 11:06 am

Will there be any kind of discounted upgrade for PS3 gamers to make the jump to PS4?

Or will it be possible to use our same characters?

Hypnomez said:

October 18th, 11:21 am

It is really insulting if this ain’t coming for PS3. I won’t support Blizzard anymore if this is the case, at least a discount towards PS4 for people who bought the game on PS3.

PrinceofXIII said:

October 18th, 5:26 pm

hopefully the expansion will be included to the PS4 version, which i’m waiting :)

DeleyCuritiba said:

October 18th, 5:27 pm

The price of the PS4 in Brazil is theft! What justifies the XBox One that is also imported to be cheaper than the PS4? Sony you are mercenaries!!

DarkOne_PR said:

October 18th, 6:55 pm

I skipped Diablo 3 on ps3 just to get the superior edition on ps4. bring it all!

saiyanknight87 said:

October 18th, 9:01 pm

Damn sony i really wish you all would start giving some release dates I mean damn..

inc77 said: