Driveclub

The Nightmare Before Christmas Comes to LittleBigPlanet

Steven Isbell's Avatar + Posted by Steven Isbell on Oct 18, 2013 // LittleBigPlanet Community Coordinator

LBP: The Nightmare Before Christmas

LBP: Jack Skellington

Our lovable Sackboy headed deep into the woods today and came across some a strange collection of trees, each of which had a door with a strange carving on them… Sackboy opened one of the doors and stepped inside… What’s this? What’s this?

It’s The Nightmare Before Christmas Level Kit and Sackboy has just unknowingly arrived in Halloween Town! This wonderfully dark level kit available next week for both LittleBigPlanet 2 and LittleBigPlanet PS Vita is chock full of new goodies just ripe for the taking for any Sackboy or Sackgirl that is brave enough to explore this creepy town!

LBP: Oogie Boogie

That’s not all though! Halloween Town just wouldn’t be complete without meeting some of its most famous residents and you can even become some of these memorable characters with our new The Nightmare Before Christmas Costume Pack.

Thanks to the Jack, Sally and the rest of the residents of Halloween Town, it’s going to be the most fright-filled and fun Halloween ever on LittleBigPlanet!

So head on over to LittleBigPlanet.com right now for a sneak peek of all of The Nightmare Before Christmas goodies that will be available on the store next week!

+ detictiveconan on October 18th, 2013 at 9:16 am said:

It’s beautiful! *Tear*

+ Behonkiss on October 18th, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

So the level pack will be available for both LBP2 and Vita? That’s a first if so.

Looking forward to this immensely.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on October 18th, 2013 at 9:41 am said:

That’s correct!
    We have two different The Nightmare Before Christmas Level Kits! One for LBP 2 and one for LBP PS Vita!

They both contains the same creation goodies but each level is its own unique trip to Halloween Town with the PS Vita version including some unique touch-based gameplay just for the PS Vita! :)

+ lisatsunami on October 18th, 2013 at 9:26 am said:

Too adorable; too perfect for Halloween. Thanks!

+ Ryumoau on October 18th, 2013 at 9:31 am said:

Loved that movie as a kid. :)

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on October 18th, 2013 at 9:55 am said:

Still love it as a grown up. :)

+ TimMalouff on October 18th, 2013 at 9:36 am said:

Why will the The Nightmare Before Christmas Level Kit: PS Vita cost more than the PS3 edition?
Price: US $5.99 vs Price: US $4.99

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on October 18th, 2013 at 9:55 am said:

They should both be the same price.
    Both Level Kits can be picked up for $4.99 each. :)

+ DarkSeraphim666 on October 18th, 2013 at 9:42 am said:

Trophies?

+ Borshay on October 18th, 2013 at 9:49 am said:

Nightmare Before Christmas + LittleBigPlanet + Portable = Awesome

+ Goldanas on October 18th, 2013 at 10:01 am said:

If they are $4.99 each, does this mean that they are not cross-buy?

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on October 18th, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

That’s right, each Level Kit is a different kit made specifically for that title and not a cross-buy purchase.

The Costume Pack is still a Cross-Buy purchase though and will work across LittleBigPlanet 2, LittleBigPlanet PS Vita and LittleBigPlanet Karting. :)

+ Teflon02 on October 18th, 2013 at 10:10 am said:

Leve Kit? As in just Stickers surfaces etc. Or actual levels and Trophies? I’ve been dying for a non arcade level pack on the Vita

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on October 18th, 2013 at 10:31 am said:

There’s a level included within the Level Kit that you will be able to play and explore to collect all of the creepy goodies for Sackboy to create with. :)

+ Welmosca on October 18th, 2013 at 10:13 am said:

OMG…what a surprise…wasn’t expecting anything like a new level kit for LBP…and even less something this great….Nightmare Before Christmas is really cool…a perfect fit for Halloween and all this goodness for $5.00 ?….I can’t wait already….I’m so happy for being a LBP playa…I love you Mm.

PS:Jack is already my fav costume there.

+ khknight on October 18th, 2013 at 10:41 am said:

Although this is unrelated to you guys…

I cant help but wonder why disney is so co operative with bringing its characters to LBP, yet they wouldn’t do the same for PSASBR.

I really wanted sora to be in that game….

Hey do you guys think you can get some kingdom hearts character costumes in LBP? That would be awesome!

+ DecadanceFantasy on October 18th, 2013 at 10:56 am said:

Now this one I like!
Jack and Sally’s story was so sweet and cool. I used to love that movie!

+ EdReedFan20 on October 18th, 2013 at 11:06 am said:

Fantastic! I feared there would be no more Disney content due to Disney Infinity and the removal of the Toy Story DLC. That makes me hopeful that we’ll get Star Wars content soon. Bring us Sack Vader!

+ Teflon02 on October 18th, 2013 at 11:07 am said:

Thanks for the replay, sounds good. Shame it isn’t a 5 level pack like Pirates etc. But I’m happy (Y)

+ GnomeWizard on October 18th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

Totally gonna get that costume pack! Might get the vita level kit also, the vita create mode does seem kinda lacking to me with materials and stuff :/

+ tusunami on October 18th, 2013 at 11:39 am said:

This is awesome as always now I just hope this year we get LBP for PS Vita. PS4 day 1 shipping I’m out

+ drd7of14 on October 18th, 2013 at 12:02 pm said:

Think the littlebigplanet website link is a little broken.

+ ossiecastro5 on October 18th, 2013 at 12:03 pm said:

I agree with @ 11. Why is Disney so nice with Media Molecule but not Santa Monica? Why can’ Disney add Sora to PSASBR? It’s not like it’s safe to add Jack Skellington in LBP; where people can easily make videos of Justin Bieber killing Skellington.

I’m not mad at Media Molecule or at anyone else. I’m just disappointed that Disney would allow content for one PS Exclusive but not for another exclusive. Plus, I would love to have something Kingdom Hearts related on the PSN. A LOT of people wanted Sora in PSASBR. But Disney and Square Enix didn’t allow it for unknown reasons. Maybe a Kingdom Hearts level and kit in LBP 2? I’d rather buy an official Sora costume than the made-up one I have.

Other than that minor rant, great content here. I’m glad that LBP 2 is still alive and creative!

+ GnomeWizard on October 18th, 2013 at 12:07 pm said:

@18 it’s because disney has been doing it for awhile 2011(i think) with the pirates of the Caribbean pack. and Littlebigplanet 2 is already a big game and a success where as disney might not want to take risks with a game like PSABR.

+ ossiecastro5 on October 18th, 2013 at 12:13 pm said:

@19 How can it be a risk to add Sora in PSASBR? Sora is one of the most and well known characters in the PS2 and the series has a large fanbase. People would’ve bought the game just to play as him. I understand also that PSASBR is a newer game. But it is also the only game of its kind for Playstation and it can always get better if it had more care from the developers. And nice to see you on here too Wiz. :D

+ jusmoore2-1673 on October 18th, 2013 at 1:49 pm said:

Hey any new for littlebigplanet HUB reveal yet?

+ starspd11 on October 18th, 2013 at 2:21 pm said:

Just by the sound of it when Steven replied to #9, this kit will only have one level. That sucks, I wish there was more to it, but it’s cool the see Nightmare Before Christmas on LBP.

+ Elvick_ on October 18th, 2013 at 2:49 pm said:

Buying this for sure.

Now we need some Kingdom Hearts costumes! (and older Final Fantasy ones… like FFVI… ;3)

+ Elvick_ on October 18th, 2013 at 2:50 pm said:

Oh and Puppeteer costumes! That game’s design is insanely awesome and would look awesome in LBP.

+ DarkOne_PR on October 18th, 2013 at 6:33 pm said:

the level kit… its just a level or a story dlc pack like the MGS4, pirates of Caribbean and the others that had a story and stuff. if thats correct this will give me a reason to jump back to LBP after this long.

+ DarkOne_PR on October 18th, 2013 at 6:34 pm said:

btw Love NB4C.

+ XeahuleXolic on October 18th, 2013 at 6:43 pm said:

This is Awesome!!!!

+ I_WILL_GET-U22 on October 19th, 2013 at 6:33 am said:

will they make something for ps4 like a whole new little big plant

+ Rezolution77 on October 19th, 2013 at 12:07 pm said:

Links were not found.

+ GameOverComesAll on October 19th, 2013 at 1:56 pm said:

This is the one problem with LittleBigPlanet. You release too many level kits without actually creating any levels yourselves. I knew you weren’t going to, especially when I saw this was going to be a LittleBigPlanet 2 and Vita release, but the idea of going through official levels like with Pirates of the Caribbean or the Muppets was so great. Unlike those two, I’m a huge The Nightmare Before Christmas fan, so this would have been even better for me. And I know other players are going to make good community levels, but it’s not the same and that’s hardly a good excuse for not having official levels.

+ thebgj on October 19th, 2013 at 2:49 pm said:

I dont remember the last time i purchased something from the PS store, I have seen this movie like 100 times. Im 33 and still watch it with my son. I will be buying this

+ MercenaryDemon on October 19th, 2013 at 4:15 pm said:

Sweet! Great to see some Disney love on LBP.

+ Mixer23 on October 19th, 2013 at 4:20 pm said:

Guys, it’s not up to Disney for Sora… You’re forgetting that half of Kingdom Hearts belong to Square-Enix, which encompasses all non-Disney related characters, including Sora. It’d be up to SE whether KH characters were included in PSASBR. You’re barking up the wrong tree.

+ JakTheOttsel on October 19th, 2013 at 4:45 pm said:

What happens when LBP & Tim Burton collide. :D

+ gamer_soldier on October 19th, 2013 at 8:20 pm said:

@ Steven Isbell:

Thanks for the level kit news, i am really happy and i will buy it day one. keep doing more items for lbp vita.

+ idn86i on October 19th, 2013 at 9:31 pm said:

This is awesome! One of my favorite movie! I’m going to pick this up for my Vita~ Thank you LBP Team!

+ NeoHumpty on October 20th, 2013 at 6:48 am said:

37 year old male here to chime in and point out just how excited I am to spend my money on this. Sadly, none of the links are working for me to check it out further.

+ sonman113 on October 20th, 2013 at 4:07 pm said:

It’s about time! Looks cool and I do like TNBC movie! But I have a question, will Oogie Boogie be glow-in-the-dark like in the movie, and will his mouth piece be removable?

+ DelicaGunz on October 21st, 2013 at 8:55 pm said:

My goodness one of my fav movies of all time now in Sack World!!!!!!

+ iamrta on October 21st, 2013 at 9:25 pm said:

Will the this level kit be available after this sale? (pleeease :)

+ YoungBawller on October 22nd, 2013 at 4:56 pm said:

This is totally awesome! and at a good and reasonable price. Excellent work Sony. :)

+ eric_cartman_007 on October 31st, 2013 at 10:01 am said:

Hello,

Can someone help me out here.
I bought the nightmare Before Christmas levelkit
For ps. vita and bought it on the vita store.
When launching the game it installed but i cannot find it in the game ?

+ kimkimsosweet on November 5th, 2013 at 3:17 pm said: