PS4 - Transistor

The Drop: New PlayStation Releases for October 22nd, 2013

Ryan Clements's Avatar + Posted by Ryan Clements on Oct 20, 2013 // Social Media Specialist

The Drop

Don your cape and cowl — the Batman Arkham series is readying its return, along with Deus Ex: Human Revolution. It’s a tremendous week of superheroes and cybernetics in this week’s Drop.

Lauded for its gritty visuals and stellar play, the Arkham games have garnered a huge following in the world of gaming. That tradition is sure to continue with Batman: Arkham Origins, a prequel to Rocksteady’s revolutionary first two games in the series. The latest Batman features the intense, single-player experience you’d expect from an Arkham game, but will also include a robust online suite for gamers to compete within.

But Batman isn’t the only dark hero making a comeback this week. Adam Jensen, with all his powerful augmentations, slinks back to PS3 in Deus Ex: Human Revolution — Director’s Cut. An enhanced version of the already well-loved original, the Director’s Cut includes The Missing Link DLC, as well as other improvements.

If those don’t strike your fancy and you’d rather catch up on some fan favorites, check out the two different 2K compilations — Essentials and Power Pack — which both feature a strong lineup of well-loved games.

For a complete list of games launching this week, read on, and enjoy the Drop!

Batman: Arkham Origins

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Storm 3 Full Burst
Rocksmith 2014 Edition
SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge

New PlayStation Releases This Week

2K Essentials Collection
PS3 — Retail
Dive down into the depths of Rapture, scour Pandora, or defend Earth from an alien threat! This compilation includes the original BioShock, Borderlands, and XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
2K Power Pack Collection
PS3 — Retail
Another compilation filled to the brim with gaming goodies. This pack includes The Darkness II, BioShock 2, and Mafia II. It’s a trio of sequels well-suited for any gamer’s collection.
PS3 — Digital
Blast through hordes of aliens in this sci-fi first-person shooter. Use 10 weapons (each with 2 firing modes) to mow down the enemy, and blaze through 14 levels full of beastly boss fights.
PS3 — Digital, Retail (Available Friday)
Witness the beginnings of the Arkham Series with Arkham Origins. As gritty as ever, this third-person adventure includes a complete online mode for multiplayer competition. Fans of the Dark Knight, take note.
PS Vita — Digital, Retail (Available Friday)
Set after the events of Arkham Origins, Blackgate provides Vita gamers with a unique 2.5D adventure revolving around a violent uprising at Blackgate Prison. Features stealth, brutal combat, and ample gadgetry.
PS3 — Digital
The classic party game makes it way to PlayStation, complete with PlayStation Move support. Compete against friends or an AI opponent in a variety of environments, and shoot for Fireball bonuses and Roll-backs.
PS3 — Digital, Retail
The dark cyberpunk story of Adam Jensen returns to PlayStation. Experience the Director’s Cut of this critically-acclaimed stealth/shooter/RPG hybrid, which includes enhanced boss fights and the Missling Link DLC.
PS3 — Digital
Journey with two very different heroes who form an uneasy partnership across post-apocalyptic America. Survive the devastated world and battle dangerous enemies. A beautiful third-person adventure that includes the Pigsy’s Perfect 10 DLC, and additional character skins.
PS3 — Digital
Face platforms and puzzles in this physics-based adventure. Clear 50 levels across three worlds, and wield telekinesis to make your way through blocked paths. Designed with gamers of all skill levels in mind.
PS3, PS Vita — Digital, Retail
Take control of some of Marvel’s greatest heroes like Iron Man, Spider-Man, the Hulk, and Captain America, to take down Loki and his team of supervillains. Prevent them from building a doomsday weapon capable of destroying the world.
PS3 — Digital
Traverse 40 challenging levels with you Magtech glove, and harness the powers of magnetism to stop the ancient terror of Cthulhu.
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Storm 3 Full Burst
PS3 — Digital, Retail
The next chapter in the Naruto fighting saga highlights characters from the 4th Great Ninja War arc, Invasion of Pain arc, and Five Kage Summit arc. More than 100 new missions to help you master the power of the ninja. Believe it!
PS3 — Digital, Retail (Available Monday)
Learn how to play guitar! Plug in any real guitar or bass and enjoy improved features, more flexible practice tools, and 50 hit songs. Requires a Rocksmith Real Tone cable to play.
PS3 — Digital, Retail
Play as five, fan-favorite characters in the world of SpongeBob SquarePants. Plankton and his legion of evil robots have destroyed the Krusty Krab and stolen the legendary Krabby Patty formula. You have to get it back!

The information above is subject to change without notice.

+ Tanatologue on October 20th, 2013 at 2:20 pm said:

Any new games we can pre-order for PS4 through PSN?

+ Dx13K41n092 on October 20th, 2013 at 3:16 pm said:

Is Naruto Storm 3 getting a digital release? Heard it was. Thanks

+ AizawaYuuichi on October 20th, 2013 at 3:28 pm said:

@ Emadeowa: “will we be getting the option to buy Final Fantasy XIV: ARR subscriptions from the PSN Store??? or in the future??? thanks”

You keep asking this question, but the answer should be pretty obvious. It’s not published by SOE, so no, you will not be able to buy Square-Enix online subscriptions through PSN. If they put the subs up for sale on the PS Store, a cut of the sale price would go to Sony, but the sub prices pay for servers and patch/expansion development costs, which Sony has nothing to do with and does not deliver to the customer in any capacity. Unless you can find timecards for sale somewhere, you’re going to have to buy subs directly from S-E.

Really big Drop this week, though as we’re approaching the holidays, it’s to be expected. Getting Lego Marvel and Blackgate for Vita. Already have Enslaved and the DLC (which adds 3D compatibility), and it is an amazing game. Really need to finish it one of these days.

+ PainOfSarrow on October 20th, 2013 at 3:32 pm said:

Ethan: Meteor Hunter looks interesting. im into games like stealth bastard. reminds me of it. might get.

+ Merlin–Camelot on October 20th, 2013 at 3:43 pm said:

THE TROPHIES FOR ANGRY BIRDS ON VITA WILL NOT SYNC CAN YOU FIX THIS ISSUE? (EVERYONE ELSE THAT HAS THE GAME IS HAVING THE SAME ISSUE)

+ Hayterfan on October 20th, 2013 at 4:15 pm said:

Just noticed Arkham Origins comes out on friday, any particular reason why?
Also will we be able to start downloading it say at 10PM EST, so that way once Midnight hits it will prolly have just finished downloading and maybe be 16%-18% of its install?

+ Superstone on October 20th, 2013 at 4:32 pm said:

Will there ever be new PSOne classics?

+ BlueRobotX on October 20th, 2013 at 4:38 pm said:

Whats Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition, is it just the original Enslaved: Odyssey to the West PS3 game + all it’s DLC?

+ Teflon02 on October 20th, 2013 at 4:56 pm said:

Crash, Vita… I’m too tired of this to even complain properly smh…

+ Mando44646 on October 20th, 2013 at 5:14 pm said:

Getting Origins and also Blackgate. Getting Lego Marvel on console, I’ll wait for reviews of the Vita version, since all other Lego games on Vita are sloppy 3DS ports. I really wish we knew more on that game for Vita

+ Rainwater on October 20th, 2013 at 5:50 pm said:

I’ll never understand the enslaved love. I was appalled by the stories premise and, without as good story to pull me through,found the game play repetitive and boring.

Also really hoping for a Halloween sale.

+ Dark_Usurper on October 20th, 2013 at 6:03 pm said:

No news on ‘How to Survive’?

+ ArdKing on October 20th, 2013 at 6:16 pm said:

OMG Enslaved! i’ve been waiting a long time for the digital copy.
Heavenly Sword, BEYOND, Kingdom Hearts Remix please!

+ BahumatIsBack on October 20th, 2013 at 6:36 pm said:

I’m going to preorder Arkham Origins. I’m looking at it on the PSN store and it just says that it comes with the Death Stroke DLC. I looked at the Knightfall DLC announcement you guys did here on the blog and in the comments one of you guys said this

“Hi there! Yes, the Knightfall Pack is an exclusive Playstation 3 pre-order bonus, no matter the retailer you pre-order from.”

I looked on the Arkham Origins wiki and they make it sound like it’s included in the PS3 version very similar to the PS3 exclusive Diablo 3 content where it’s just there.

Can you please give me a straight answer if I’ll be able to play this Knightfall stuff with the PSN digital preorder

+ Cinderkin on October 20th, 2013 at 7:01 pm said:

@ 31 T3DV0L70L1N4

I’m pretty sure that you won’t get $10 back unfortunately due to the fact that your PS+ auto renewed and you didn’t purchase it using your SEN wallet.

The fine print on the promo states that you must use your SEN wallet. Normally buying a year of PS+ would count towards the promo.

But to be honest they should give you $10 back regardless. I’d say contact the support staff or customer service to get a better answer.

Hope that helps.

+ SNORLAXex on October 20th, 2013 at 8:09 pm said:

Ahhhh yeah, a double dose of Batman.
This is gonna be a cool week.

+ DemoniOtaku on October 20th, 2013 at 8:47 pm said:

WOW! What a drop this week… a LOT of games!

+ ishralene09 on October 20th, 2013 at 8:49 pm said:

That firs comment got me laughing.

BEYOND!

+ EJStrat on October 20th, 2013 at 10:14 pm said:

The PSN devs need to come up with a quick way for customers to see all titles that they’ve previously purchased. Reality is that unless players upgrade their hard drive, they’re forced to delete games as they go, and with the exception of either looking at an item and seeing “Download” instead of “Purchase” or sifting through every download made on the system, including demos and, well, all other things downloaded from PSN. I’ve resorted to keeping a list on my laptop. It’s really not how I’d like to do it, and I’m positive that there are one or two things that I purchased but forgot about and havent managed to remember or discover that I downloaded.

+ Benzitor on October 20th, 2013 at 10:31 pm said:

How much will Batman be on Vita ? I am actually almost more excited about this version than the PS3 ( same formula 3 times starts to be … uhm )

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on October 20th, 2013 at 10:37 pm said:

+ Superstone on October 20th, 2013 at 4:32 pm said:

“Will there ever be new PSOne classics?”

+ EJStrat on October 20th, 2013 at 10:14 pm said:

“The PSN devs need to come up with a quick way for customers to see all titles that they’ve previously purchased.”

Completely agree with both comments. Just annoying to keep my own list.

Regarding classics, I’d like to see more for PS1/PS2. Especially Winnie the Pooh!

- Disney’s Winnie the Pooh’s Rumbly Tumbly Adventure
- Piglet’s Big Game

+ my360broke_again on October 20th, 2013 at 11:21 pm said:

“Never heard of Enslaved before. ” WHAT!?! It is bascily a retelling of the Dragon Ball story, yeah the same Dragon Ball Anime/Manga. Which is all based off an old Chinese fairy tale. You will notice a lot the same thing. “flying on a cloud”. Man with a tail (or monkey boy). They both use polls as weapons.

In many ways it is like Last of Us, but came out YEARS before it. Also has 3D mode which I can’t wait to check out now that I have a 3D TV.

+ IMEMKU on October 20th, 2013 at 11:53 pm said:

the naruto game doesn’t get a digital release?

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on October 21st, 2013 at 1:07 am said:

+ cnkwyw on October 21st, 2013 at 1:20 am said:

Can I know if Lego Marvel Super Heroes for vita is a full port?
If it isn’t , then the title above should stated more clearly that its “Universe in Peril” for the vita port.

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on October 21st, 2013 at 1:23 am said:

Ubisoft announced Tuesday that the release of the title has been pushed back until at least spring of next year.-@SONY I pre-order [watch dogs] that 9/?/13 and now I hear the game got push back to 6/?/14 can you guys help me get my money back ???? :(

+ TimeSkipLuffyUS on October 21st, 2013 at 4:36 am said:

I want more PS4 game preorders! Knack is not enough!!

+ TheJuggla17 on October 21st, 2013 at 6:20 am said:

It’s just awesome to see Enslaved being re-released with the DLC and the additional character outfit. The outfits are very hard to find download codes for so this is a must buy.

I own the game on Xbox 360 with two of the three outfits but was never able to track down a code for the Ninja Monkey outfit.

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on October 21st, 2013 at 6:57 am said:

I’ve never heard of anyone buying a game digitally at full price to get one outfit, but…to each his own I guess. *shrug*

+ suckin_blood on October 21st, 2013 at 7:08 am said:

Hey, Playstation People when is Xenosaga 1-3 coming to Disc and Download on Playstation 3?

+ Zionine on October 21st, 2013 at 7:34 am said:

Good job RYAN! :D

This drop is HUGE but still neat. :)

One question: Is Blackgate going to have a demo? I’m very on the fence about it.. cause it seems sluggish and more tailored so that the 3DS can handle it…

+ CptQwark on October 21st, 2013 at 7:36 am said:

Hi Ryan, so great to have you on the PSBlog.
I pre-ordered Batman last Saturday. I am from Montreal so I have to support the home team :)

+ BahumatIsBack on October 21st, 2013 at 7:55 am said:

Can somebody please answer my question if I’ll be getting the Knightfall content for Arkham Origins if I preorder the PSN digital version???

At the very least will I be able to buy it separately at the game launch???

+ SUNDOWN77 on October 21st, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

Week is looking good. Thanks Powerhouse!

+ Zevrou on October 21st, 2013 at 9:09 am said:

BEYOND! batman for me this week

+ Welmosca on October 21st, 2013 at 9:42 am said:

Oh this is a great drop…Alien Rage and Ethan:Meteor Hunter never heard of these games before…looking forward to try them out…shame that only Alien Rage will have demo….oh well I’m eager to try the Magrunner demo…game looks good…..also I was supposed to be excited with Arkham Origins since I’m a big B-man fan and even more fan of Asylum and City…but Origins is going all wrong since the announcement….and looks like it wont be half as good as Asylum and City….wont be getting Origins without a demo 1st…but I really want this game to be good…dont want a fantastic franchise like Batman ruined.

Recommend people to get Enslaved…its a great game.

+ mugenone on October 21st, 2013 at 10:05 am said:

when can we expect the season pass for arkham origins?

+ aro52 on October 21st, 2013 at 10:18 am said:

Ugh. Stupid Batman releasing on Friday. Come on!

+ dkarlowicz10 on October 21st, 2013 at 11:19 am said:

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton’s Robotic Revenge would be perfect on the Vita. :(

+ Hayterfan on October 21st, 2013 at 11:31 am said:

@80 Screw PS2 classics of Xenosaga I want full HD remakes (Not rerelease, remakes, or atleast something like Wind Waker HD) However since MonolithSoft is owned by Nintendo we should prolly be asking them for it, and then beg Namco to actually let them do it

+ CoproFish on October 21st, 2013 at 3:54 pm said:

Holy **** it’s Ryan Clements. BEYOND!

+ ThePixies on October 21st, 2013 at 4:28 pm said:

No prices listed? Why does The Drop layout always suck so much? Its always vague or missing essential information..

+ PrinceofXIII on October 21st, 2013 at 4:51 pm said:

already pre ordered my physical edition of Deux Ex DC :)

can’t wait tomorrow!

+ tusunami on October 21st, 2013 at 6:46 pm said:

These games being released tomorrow are superb, beer pong seems very interesting. PS4 day 1 shipping I’m out

+ evilfixx on October 22nd, 2013 at 7:12 am said:

Is Lego Marvel Super Heroes a digital dl for the Vita? If so when will it be available? This is for my son… yea… my son.

+ DementedPower on October 22nd, 2013 at 8:22 am said:

If im not wrong Naruto Storm 3 FULL BURST will be available as a digital download too, Namco Bandai said it on their press. If so at what time am i gonna be able to donwload it? or at what time the PSN store will be updated today?

+ mrEkli on October 22nd, 2013 at 9:11 am said:

Huh? Deus Ex: HR Director’s Cut has PSVita second screen support?

+ Animefreakers on October 22nd, 2013 at 10:04 am said:

yes will Gex enter the gecko will be releases to psn store?

+ PartisanRanger on October 24th, 2013 at 2:25 pm said:

Is origins going to be a midnight psn release?

+ Animefreakers on October 26th, 2013 at 8:58 am said: