PS3-TLOU Left Behind

PS Plus: Hotline Miami Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Oct 21, 2013 // Sr. Community Specialist

Put on a mask (did I mention they’re all animal heads and that each one has a different benefit?) and ‘take care’ of anyone your answering machine tells you to. Sure, it may sound a little crazy, but that’s part of Hotline Miami’s appeal. This top-down action game requires careful planning to execute the perfect take-downs. Starting tomorrow, PlayStation Plus members will be able to download Hotline Miami for free on both PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 3.

There are also loads of spooky titles on sale as part of the Sale of the Dead, including recent sensation The Last of Us and other zombie favorites like Dead Island, Dead Nation, Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare and Telltale’s The Walking Dead episodes.

All of these PS Plus benefits will be available after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, October 22nd.

PlayStation Plus Update 10-22-2013

Become a PlayStation Plus Member

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Hotline Miami (PS Vita & PS3)

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $9.99

Hotline Miami
Hotline Miami is a high-octane action game overflowing with raw brutality, hard-boiled gunplay and skull crushing close combat. Set in an alternative 1989 Miami, you will assume the role of a mysterious antihero on a murderous rampage against the shady underworld at the behest of voices on your answering machine. Rely on your wits to choreograph your way through seemingly impossible situations as you constantly find yourself outnumbered by vicious enemies.

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

The Walking Dead Season Pass $2.99 $4.99
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct $33.74 $37.49
The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season (Vita) $9.79 $13.99
Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone $4.89 $6.99

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

Leaving PS Plus On 10/29

We’ll be back next week to add another title to the Instant Game Collection as well as any other benefits, like super sweet discounts.

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

PAGE 1 2 3 6

+ DJ_Tomato on October 21st, 2013 at 8:01 am said:

1st

AWFUL VITA SALES EVER
I got TWD on launch day, so PVZ and Lone Survivor…
Awful PS PLUS month
Still got 60$ left….
Seriously guys..
DO YOU EVEN WANT MY MONEY?

Now i don’t know what to buy
won’t ever fall by the get 10$ back promotion again

+ DJ_Tomato on October 21st, 2013 at 8:02 am said:

Now i am not sure about resubscribing to PS Plus, il just save this 60 for 2014.

Seriously, can you guys confirm more sales besides the “Dead ones” before 28 October?

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on October 21st, 2013 at 9:35 am said:

There may be some other random sales, but the Sale of the Dead is our main promotion for October.

+ Ryumoau on October 21st, 2013 at 8:02 am said:

Already have hotline, but the plus discounts on those zombie games are really good. Almost steam quality for once.

+ alex042795 on October 21st, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

I’m itching to play Hotline Miami on my Vita :))

+ SiriusCJS on October 21st, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

Sale of the Dead almost… ALMOST makes up for the glitchy, buggy, random AI Poker Night 2. Honestly, where do you get off offering something like that? It has a metacritic score of 63. EU promises 70 or higher. Can’t you at least match that?

+ carlpain on October 21st, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

@1) You just broke every single rule about not being a jerk online. Congratulations!

+ DJ_Tomato on October 21st, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

#6 That happens when you charge $100 to notice the only thing you can buy for Vita is Valhalla Knights 3.
Deal with it

+ carlpain on October 21st, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

Is the 27th the last day of the “Spend $50, get $10 back” offer? I wanna know because I may get more games next Tuesday to complete the 50 bucks.

+ UncannySilk on October 21st, 2013 at 8:09 am said:

Wow. These sales are 2spooky

+ Xer0Signal on October 21st, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

Sales are so, so good. However, there are some conflicting prices with the other blog post.

Particularly with both versions of Plants Vs Zombies and The Walking Dead. Can you clarify which is the correct price?

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on October 21st, 2013 at 9:33 am said:

Hrmm, I’ll have the Plus team double check all the prices listed.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on October 21st, 2013 at 9:57 am said:

The prices in this post are correct. I’ve let Justin know that the other blog post needs to be corrected. Thanks for pointing that out!

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on October 21st, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

Hotline Miami — awesome. That’s the one I was waiting for this month! Here’s my IGC wishlist:

God of War (all games in the series)
Grand Theft Auto (all games in the series)
Guacamelee
LA Noire
The Last of Us
Max Payne 3
Metal Gear Rising
Metal Gear Solid HD (PS3), digital version of MGS4
Red Dead Redemption
Red Faction Guerrilla
Saints Row IV
Stealth Inc
Uncharted 1 & 2

Also, could you please add Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops to the Vita store?

+ XeahuleXolic on October 21st, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

Makes me want to buy the walking dead :D thanks, I know Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate HD is coming out will it be cross buy for PS4?? idk if this is the right place to ask, it’s worth a try lol

+ Major_Hoare on October 21st, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

I’m interested in Hotline Miami but expect it to be terrible. Hopefully, I’ll be wrong.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on October 21st, 2013 at 9:39 am said:

I genuinely enjoy it on my Vita. It’s a great game to pick up for a short period of time and hammer on a mission for a bit. That works perfectly for me during a commute or when a have a quick break during which I can sneak in some gaming time.

+ carlpain on October 21st, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

@7) I normally give Sony a lot of crap, but you should know that Vita isn’t something really important for them. Not for nothing the sales for Vita are really bad and they normally leave the “free” game to the end of the month. BTW, “Deal with it”? I thought that was already, since certain person said and got fired because of that.

+ CraddaPoosta on October 21st, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

Is that price accurate for Dead Island GOTY? It is listed at $19.99 on the PSN right now.

If that game is really going to be available for five bucks, that pretty much justifies my subscription this month. I almost bought this game from GameStop not even three days ago.

Hotline Miami looks a lot like Retro City Rampage. I wonder if it compares.

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on October 21st, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

Oh yeah — could you confirm something for me? My PS+ subscription auto-renewed this weekend for $49.99. Will I still get the $10 credit for spending $50 in October, or do I need to spend one more cent to qualify?

+ nabilafzali02 on October 21st, 2013 at 8:13 am said:

Yes re4 on sale I cant wait to play it again

+ Mando44646 on October 21st, 2013 at 8:13 am said:

pretty weak sale, I am disappoint. Very little Vita support to see, which is very sad.

+ carlpain on October 21st, 2013 at 8:13 am said:

@15) You gotta wait until tomorrow afternoon ( when the store updates) to see the price.

+ StingrayX on October 21st, 2013 at 8:13 am said:

LOL, at the person saying 1st…gotta love the fail. Anyhow…Never tried Hotline Miami yet, but it looks really cool! Can’t wait to try it out! =D

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on October 21st, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

@13 — Read some reviews and watch some gameplay videos. Everyone says it’s awesome. I played a few minutes of it on someone else’s Vita, and I loved it. I’m really psyched to be getting it for free.

+ poodude on October 21st, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

Been looking forward to this update as I’ve had Hotline Miami in my sights since it was announced as a freebie earlier this month.

Will also pick up Red Dead Redemption, because I’m probably one of the few people that hasn’t played it yet.

+ DJ_Tomato on October 21st, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

@14 Yeah, the difference is that i don’t work at the gaming industry, i am a customer speaks his will with his wallet.

Last years payback promotion went quite fine, i spend around $150 in games and there was great discounts for Vita/PSP, this years besides seems not, that’s why i am complaining.

We all know doesn’t cares about Vita, yet for first time, i don’t have how to justify charging 100$ into my wallet, for first time…

So now i am going to reply Sony with my wallet.

I will not resubscribe to plus and won’t buy more digital games until January 2014.
Il just stick to re-used physical games

But hey, that’s just my opinion, i appreciate you took the time to read and answer it, but take it easy.

I am just a disappointed customer

+ detictiveconan on October 21st, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

Just to be absolutely sure.
Is tomorrow the last store update that we will be able to take advantage of the $10 back from $50 deal? Will the sale disappear after the store update on the 29th?

+ johnnyp70 on October 21st, 2013 at 8:17 am said:

Hotline Miami is great! Those who haven’t played it will not be disappointed.

Also, #15, check the sale blog post for more info on the Dead Island pricing.

+ ALARM-cIock on October 21st, 2013 at 8:18 am said:

I don’t see why this article has a 2.5 out of 5 rating… Hotline Miami is a fantastic game, AAA junkies don’t know what they’re missing with some of these indie titles…!

+ thebgj on October 21st, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

im glad you guys are going bak to just announcing one free game at a time.

+ Major_Hoare on October 21st, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

@21

As much as I appreciate your advice; my game plan is to play HM and decide for myself whether or not I like it. I trust the games journalism industry about as much as a fart in an empty room.

+ SiriusCJS on October 21st, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

Would the Nightmare in Northpoint DLC be offered on sale or do we HAVE to buy it with Sleeping Dogs, a game we got for free not too long ago.

+ EPICNAME420 on October 21st, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

I will be happly cheching out Hotline Miami !!

+ carlpain on October 21st, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

@23) I’m taking it easy. Actually, I was trying to be in your side. Sony only cares about the PS4 these days. I understand your frustration, I feel the same way about these guys many times, but I don’t really care anymore. I’m just waiting for my subscription to end, meanwhile, I buy the games I can get during sales like the one we are getting the next two weeks.

+ ALARM-cIock on October 21st, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

Great discounts this month! Walking Dead season pass $3! RE4 7$! Even RDR + Undead Nightmare is a pretty good deal.

+ blakseed on October 21st, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

@DJ Tomato

Another week and here you are complaining again. To bad no one really cares about your weekly complaints. Maybe you should deal with that.

+ Desastreger on October 21st, 2013 at 8:22 am said:

A lot of us are saving a lot of money with this sale and buying a ton of stuff. So, Mr. Tomato, BOO HOO.

+ Dark_Rezo on October 21st, 2013 at 8:23 am said:

Last week the “Capcom Sale” got my money (Okami HD & D&D Chronicles of Mystara) and now we have this offers? 2 weeks of great deals!!!! Thanks

+ EPICNAME420 on October 21st, 2013 at 8:24 am said:

hmmmm, might also have to get Alien Breed Trilogy??

+ Raat on October 21st, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season (Vita) – Does that include 400 days? Also, The Walking Dead PS3 version season pass…..what is included? After all of the great praise, I think its time to give this game a shot. Thanks in advance.

+ akisuo on October 21st, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

Really tempted to just get the Dead Island GOTY for $5 tomorrow. Almost might give my son the physical copy of RDR and buy the RDR + UDN version. Awesome, awesome. Time to go get me a gift card.

+ Cortez583 on October 21st, 2013 at 8:27 am said:

I am sorry. I had to step in to justify what was being posted.

First off, the PSN Plus game may not be that great. It’s decent (not my type of game most likely), but it’s just a PSN game. Not much to complain about, not much to praise about.

However, the PSN Plus sales are outstanding. Ever since Kristine came in, I have been seeing better and better PSN Plus sales. That is what we need. Walking Dead Season pass for 2.50? Who wouldn’t grab that? All these other discounts are about 50 – 75% off. These are nothing to complain about. They may not be your types of games, but the sales themselves are excellent. I’m not a fan of a few of these games, but this is a great job. This adds to your PSN collection. The sales have been pretty bad the last two months (I think). This, however, is great.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on October 21st, 2013 at 9:39 am said:

While I appreciate the thought, I actually have nothing to do with the PSN sales :) I will let our Plus team know that you’re pleased with the direction of the sales though!

+ SiriusCJS on October 21st, 2013 at 8:29 am said:

Also, is it me or has Resident Evil been on sale way too much? The entire series was featured in the Spring Fever sale & we just had RE6 & Operation Raccoon City on sale this past week.

+ thesmellycatjazz on October 21st, 2013 at 8:31 am said:

People fighting over the Vita being a brick, complaints over discounts, posting futile IGC wishlists; it’s definintely Monday on the PS Blog.

Comments aside, this might be the sale necessary for me to renew my PS+ sub. Last of Us and Dead Island “GOTY” are looking mighty fine. Between Black Friday/Cyber Monday being around the corner and having a deep backlog to carry me until 2014, I’m on the fence about getting it.

+ tbx59 on October 21st, 2013 at 8:31 am said:

have wanted to try Hotline.

And, a couple weeks of great sales.

+ EPICNAME420 on October 21st, 2013 at 8:32 am said:

Why no Alien Breed for the vita in your sales??

+ Red_Lantern14 on October 21st, 2013 at 8:32 am said:

Yes! I’ve been waiting forever to get Hotline Miami for free. Thank You!

I have a question about the Walking Dead season pass. I already have episodes 1 and 2 from when it was free. If I buy the season pass instead of the buying it individualy, will it mess up in any way. I ask because it’s cheaper to get the season pass instead of getting it piece by piece.

+ ElektroDragon on October 21st, 2013 at 8:35 am said:

I already own literally everything here. FAIL.

+ Teflon02 on October 21st, 2013 at 8:36 am said:

I don’t even want these Vita games this month, I just find it wrong that NA, PS Vita won’t play Crash, Spyro and FFV, yet I see ppl on Youtube playing Crash on the EU no problems. I can’t possibly see a reason to be unfairly treated like that. What makes it worse I own all the Crash and Spyro’s on PSN and was to put all my FF which I can’t put, my Spyro’s and Crash. If I was only able to through PS3 that would be fine but this is just ridiculous now. A year of ignoring your customers on it. It’s the reason I don’t buy to much stuff on PSN now, cause I just seem to be BS’d around every corner with the Vita, Rayman for $6 right before they give it free for ex. smh. Now NA PS+ is a complete joke with the Vita, We gotta wait til the end of the month for Vita content, and we aren’t even getting half the stuff they’re getting on PS Plus on it, also I spend over $151 on PSN last time they did the promo and I only got $20 back and not $30. Also the fact that those promotions don’t even send the code to your PS Vita, only to PS3 lmao.

+ DJ_Tomato on October 21st, 2013 at 8:38 am said:

^

+ TimMalouff on October 21st, 2013 at 8:39 am said:

On the spend $50 get $10 back through the 29th.
Looks like I am not alone on the understanding of “through”

Do purchases made on the 29th count, can we buy things released on the 29th?
What time and timezone does the sale end?

+ MUSTARD_STINKS on October 21st, 2013 at 8:41 am said:

wish the Dead space series was onsale :(

+ Randc7 on October 21st, 2013 at 8:41 am said:

Will Dead Nation be cross-buy with Vita?

PAGE 1 2 3 6